Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Unless you're running a apple router and no longer have an iphone, then its a really cool looking jackstand.

*I may or may not have used ours as a jackstand to slide an arm under the washer to fix a leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Unless you're running a apple router and no longer have an iphone, then its a really cool looking jackstand.

*I may or may not have used ours as a jackstand to slide an arm under the washer to fix a leak.

Best use of an Apple product.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

CommieGIR posted:

Buy your own modem, get an ASUS Router, and be amazed.

Never trust the Modem/Router/WAP combos the ISP offers you. They tend to be really lovely quality

I bought it myself years ago after the ISP one took a poo poo. I think it's a Motorola SBG6580.

(I can't fix the formatting on my phone)
(Also I don't own or like apple products)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mafoose posted:

I bought it myself years ago after the ISP one took a poo poo. I think it's a Motorola SBG6580.

(I can't fix the formatting on my phone)
(Also I don't own or like apple products)

http://design-justice.com/2014/01/so-your-motorola-surfboard-gateway-sbg6580-is-a-pain-in-the/

I'll just say it again: I don't trust all in one solutions. Get a separate Motorola Surfboard Modem and Router.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
It's never a good thing when you walk into a server room and you hear a "splash" and your shoes as a result of that sound are unexpectantly wet.

Somehow everything is working. Guess I'm not installing a new UPS today

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cat Terrist posted:

It's never a good thing when you walk into a server room and you hear a "splash" and your shoes as a result of that sound are unexpectantly wet.

Failed chiller/exchanger?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

Temp controlled room sprung AC leak? Or roof leak?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

T1g4h posted:

I know that feeling all too well man. I've basically given up on dating at this point, and have genuinely started referring to myself as undateable and not worth the effort. Self esteem issues ahoy :v:

It also probably doesn't help that I refuse to ever take myself or life seriously, and i'm basically in permanent sarcasm mode. Oh, and the horrible teeth.

'Sup, me? I've stopped caring, it's just one small aspect of life and reading some of the shitpiles the universe has dumped on a lot of people here I'm not going to complain about it either. "To love another first you have to love yourself," and that ain't happening...unless that quote was originally intended to be a masturbation joke. You should fix your teeth though, they're important :q:

So it's worth it to buy your own modem eh? My ISP decided to add another 'because we can' charge for the privilege of using the same POS modem we've had for 10 years and they're reasonably priced on Amazon. I'm assuming there's some kind of 'accepted models' list too that I'm sure won't change at random allowing them to reapply the charge.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 10, 2014

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I just want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to death.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I just want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to death.

Ooooh, got a bit of the quarter pannel in there too. Nice one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Powershift posted:

Ooooh, got a bit of the quarter pannel in there too. Nice one.

Yeah, no warping and it looks like it's just the lip that attaches to the bumper. Fingers crossed.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Oof. Did the same drat thing with the S2000. Makes you feel real dumb. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Edit: Sorry for cursing your car by comparing it to my Devil Chariot.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 10, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

gently caress yeah, I forgot how it feels to be ostracized and outcast. Nice to know that having a liberal viewpoint and being pro gay marriage and pro choice is enough to get basically an entire room full of people who you work with on a fairly regular basis in life threatening situations to turn against you :sigh:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Did everything by the books I think.

Braked for someone in front of me making a right. It's habit for me to look in my rest view when I brake decently so I can get one last look at the thing that's going to kill me. I see her flying at me. GF says I said "you mother fucker" right before the other car hit me.

I see them pull into a side street, I follow. I check with them and us to make sure everyone is OK. I call the cops. I call my insurance. Cop gets there, takes our statements, writes the other driver a citation and bounces.

Really don't want it to be totaled.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

The golden rule in aviation is to never discuss politics with the guy/girl beside you. Even if you're best friends it can make for an awkward rest of the trip. This also applies in any other line of work just as equally.

As for dating advice, people are drawn toward the confident, both men and women alike. If you aren't confident in who you are, not only will success in relationship be hard to come by, but you are also more likely to pretend to be something that you aren't, just to please whomever you're with...something that I promise you only ends in tears.

Having said that, the line between confidence and arrogance is awfully fine and let's be honest, nobody likes arrogant assholes wither.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
If it's totaled it just means you can buy it back and fix it for cheap!

Although it might be a good opportunity to upgrade to not-a-neon. :v:

You feeling OK? I've heard that it takes a couple days for neck injury to make itself known.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Almost forgot

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

MrChips posted:

The golden rule in aviation is to never discuss politics with the guy/girl beside you. Even if you're best friends it can make for an awkward rest of the trip. This also applies in any other line of work just as equally.

It just shocks me that people who work in a field that is all about saving lives would be so hateful re: homosexuality. It's loving 2014, how is this still even a thing?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

It just shocks me that people who work in a field that is all about saving lives would be so hateful re: homosexuality. It's loving 2014, how is this still even a thing?

Because distractions sell.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Michigan just passed a law where you have the legal right to refuse to help someone if it's against your religious rights, ie, you can refuse to help a gay dude because you think all gays should die

Just when I was starting to have hope for this state :smith:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

Michigan just passed a law where you have the legal right to refuse to help someone if it's against your religious rights, ie, you can refuse to help a gay dude because you think all gays should die

Just when I was starting to have hope for this state :smith:

Yeah, I heard about that. Has it actually become proper law, or is it still going through the process? Either way, it's hosed up :sigh:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
You also can't record cops in Illinois now, from what I've heard.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, I heard about that. Has it actually become proper law, or is it still going through the process? Either way, it's hosed up :sigh:

Idk how it all works but I think the bills passed the house and senate and is waiting to be signed by our glorious leader, who I hope rejects it since even though he's a republican he has been really good for the states economy and also knows that by signing this he will be hated by everyone in Ferndale. And other places too :v:

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

blk posted:

You also can't record cops in Illinois now, from what I've heard.

I think you can, but the new law upped the penalty and did not clarify where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. The end result will likely be that filming them is by far more trouble than it's worth.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

keykey posted:

Temp controlled room sprung AC leak? Or roof leak?

A goddamn water heater two rooms down.

Kiddies, this is why you dont skimp on raised floors.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I'm starting to think the "settle on a private island in the middle of nowhere" idea is fast becoming the best choice. That, or we all chip in and buy that underground storage complex in Kansas and make the AI Compound :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tusen Takk posted:

Michigan is like a third world country anyway, Might as well lob that fucker in with mississhitti and louisiana.

Even chrysler says it in their ads!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

MrChips posted:

Holy poo poo this x11tybillion!

I work for a defense contractor's machine shop where the median age is probably north of 45.
I know to never, ever, bring up or discuss politics. I like a lot of the people I work with, but not enough to hang out outside of work because of the elephant in the room.
(Hint: racism and homophobia)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Mechanical designers are horrible as well. All the engineers at my office are young guys and no one talks about politics aside from the senior mechanical designers. They sit right across from my office. :smith:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

mafoose posted:

(Hint: racism and homophobia)

I worked in a few shops with gray beards. I hate em with a god drat passion.

its also the best-thing-on-earth to come out as a dude-rear end-pounding-motherfucker and watch their little minds melt.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

I worked in a few shops with gray beards. I hate em with a god drat passion.

its also the best-thing-on-earth to come out as a dude-rear end-pounding-motherfucker and watch their little minds melt.

I need to bring you here and watch the entire town just riot and freak the gently caress out then :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

I need to bring you here and watch the entire town just riot and freak the gently caress out then :v:

I'm middle eastern on top of it. which is uh, apparently hated more than most other minorities for some little thing in new york, which makes us all bad people. :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm middle eastern on top of it. which is uh, apparently hated more than most other minorities for some little thing in new york, which makes us all bad people. :v:

Holy poo poo, double whammy. Vote for Obama and you could get basically all of the South riled up :allears:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo, double whammy. Vote for Obama and you could get basically all of the South riled up :allears:

Dude I lived in birmingham, hell for 2.5 years. hahahahahahaha.

also: Gays should marry :everywhere: cause goddamn this shits miserable.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, is the south really as it was depicted in the Top Gear "Hillary for President" America Road Trip episode? I mean, I did BCT in SC, and I've been through Florida, but that's it.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
"yep"

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Wait, is the south really as it was depicted in the Top Gear "Hillary for President" America Road Trip episode? I mean, I did BCT in SC, and I've been through Florida, but that's it.

As a resident of Arkansas for the past 24 of my 27 years: Yes. Absofuckinglutely. It's staggering how accurate that depiction was and also a little heartbreaking that it's still really not changing all that much. I'm not even gay, just atheist and liberal and I still feel unwanted around here most days.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

I'm in north carolina. I watched some old men watching (fox) news one morning and they were practically foaming at the mouth. Something about obama, I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember this line: "They outta drag him into the street and have him executed for treason!"

This is the same state that wrote a state constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and woman.

Date before last ended when the girl turned the conversation to politics and remarked that the world would be better off "without that friend of the family in the white house!"

This is our world, and these are the people we share it with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Horse Divorce posted:

Date before last ended when the girl turned the conversation to politics and remarked that the world would be better off "without that friend of the family in the white house!"

This is our world, and these are the people we share it with.

:suicide:

I make jokes involving race, but goddamn people. This is the 21st loving century, can't we look beyond this poo poo already? We're all on this festering shitball hurdling through space together.

• Locked thread