Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Coredump posted:

I think you drive your American cars differently from the German ones. You've made no bones about the fact you prefer German cars over US cars. Didn't you have a Porsche before the CTS-V?

Even if he did, short of an epic moneyshift or something, there's no reason a brand new engine in a halo car should grenade after 5,000 miles.

Vipers are meant to be driven hard, and if he drove it harder than his M3 it's because the car was asking for it meant to be driven hard.

I'm glad SRT is standing behind their vehicle. Good on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Coredump you said the exact same thing in the other thread and it doesn't really make a lick of sense at all.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

Coredump you said the exact same thing in the other thread and it doesn't really make a lick of sense at all.

We need Uri Galler in on this poo poo.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

Figured it not fair to be talkin that smack in the other thread and not where Das can see it directly y'know? As far as it not making a lick of sense, just pretend for a moment we were hearing about this story from another forum, not from here. Someone with vocal prejudice against cars from the US and he has three enthusiast models fall apart on him? All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Coredump posted:

All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.
Suspicion in American build quality, perhaps.

Or maybe he's the only US performance car owner to drive his stuff that hard. :can:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Coredump posted:

Figured it not fair to be talkin that smack in the other thread and not where Das can see it directly y'know? As far as it not making a lick of sense, just pretend for a moment we were hearing about this story from another forum, not from here. Someone with vocal prejudice against cars from the US and he has three enthusiast models fall apart on him? All I'm saying is that should be enough to arouse some suspicion is all.

Suspicion of what? His latant physic mind powers that manifest in bending reality to cause his American cars to fail?

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Coredump posted:

I for one agree with Coredump, things just seem suspicious. Sure a Cadillac, Corvette or Viper might not have the same albino whale penis seat trim as a Porsche/BMW/Mercedes/other euro luxo barge but the failures Das encounters and his vocal hatred of American cars seems weird. Hell, at least with the Viper we know this thing was abused hard before he bought it since the transmission was trashed.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Das Volk are you being paid by Zee Germans to sabotage American sports cars :colbert:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Yes, of course. Das Volk spent nearly 6 figures of his own money on a car he irrationally hates (multiple times), just to purposefully destroy them to prove how terrible domestic cars are to nerds on an internet forum. It all makes sense, now! :sax:

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Its not prejudice or irrational hatred when they really do keep falling apart :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

KillHour posted:

Yes, of course. Das Volk spent nearly 6 figures of his own money on a car he irrationally hates (multiple times), just to purposefully destroy them to prove how terrible domestic cars are to nerds on an internet forum. It all makes sense, now! :sax:

That's right, I'm a German spy! :lol::lol:

Just because the car broke, doesn't mean I can't get one that isn't broken. I don't know if I've communicated this effectively but I love the Viper, it's as close as I'll ever get to riding a nuclear bomb waving a cowboy hat, and I have no intention of replacing it with something else. If I'm lucky they'll let me ask for a new one and I'll pick out a competition blue one instead, but that's about it.

The T/A 2.0 I drove at LVMS:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Das Volk posted:

If I'm lucky they'll let me ask for a new one and I'll pick out a competition blue one instead, but that's about it.

Holy poo poo that color is incredible, dude you absolutely have to get that color if they offer you a replacement.

I just found my new dream car :allears:

[edit] makes me miss my mariner blue Miata :(

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 9, 2014

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Das Volk posted:

]. If I'm lucky they'll let me ask for a new one and I'll pick out a competition blue one instead, but that's about it.

That "American" color looks suspiciously like... Laguna Seca Blue.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

This thread turned into the Letters section of any American car mag in an awful hurry.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Das Volk posted:

Just because the car broke, doesn't mean I can't get one that isn't broken. I don't know if I've communicated this effectively but I love the Viper, it's as close as I'll ever get to riding a nuclear bomb waving a cowboy hat, and I have no intention of replacing it with something else. If I'm lucky they'll let me ask for a new one and I'll pick out a competition blue one instead, but that's about it.

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good time in vegas with one of those.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

Holy poo poo that color is incredible, dude you absolutely have to get that color if they offer you a replacement.

That really is a pretty badass over-the-top color for that car.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I love the way SRT took a page from TVR's book and made a car that looks like it's been attacked by an axe murderer.

I love crazy blues.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think one of my favorite colors is that gently caress me in the eyesockets green that Lotus used for a while that you could never really photograph.

I think it would suit a Viper.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Green Viper!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm partial to that "copperhead" color:

Not only does it look great, it also makes sure you know it's a Viper, because not many other cars wear it so iconically.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I had a viper owner freak out on me at a car meet in 2004 because I commented his color looked a lot like the montego blue paint on my RX7. He proceeded to rant about how his color was a one off and could not be replicated on such a lowly car ect. ect.

Stopped talking to Viper owners from that day forward.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I had a viper owner freak out on me at a car meet in 2004 because I commented his color looked a lot like the montego blue paint on my RX7. He proceeded to rant about how his color was a one off and could not be replicated on such a lowly car ect. ect.

Stopped talking to Viper owners from that day forward.

Yeah every Viper owner is like that, you made a wise decision. :rolleyes:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Yeah every Viper owner is like that, you made a wise decision. :rolleyes:

All the ones with intact cars are, because they fuss around with poo poo like that instead of driving the hell out of the car :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

All the ones with intact cars are, because they fuss around with poo poo like that instead of driving the hell out of the car :v:

Usually the car outlives the driver, dasvolk failed to accomplish the breaking-in procedure.

Dodge Viper T/A Service Manual, page 39 posted:

FIRST DRIVE
Owners are to be instructed to locate the nearest attractive female and stack the car into a tree doing a totally badass burnout in front of her that she doesn't even notice.

I mean, come on

INSPECTION, POST-FIRST DRIVE
Surviving owners are to be instructed to purchase a new Dodge Viper product at their earliest convenience as medical expenses allow.

INSPECTION, SUBSEQUENT DRIVES
TBD: Lack of available test data at time of this printing.

Dodge Viper T/A Service Manual, page 52 posted:

TROUBLESHOOTING
PROBLEM: Customer complains of not being dead
Instruct customer on how to start car

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 10, 2014

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Saga posted:

That "American" color looks suspiciously like... Laguna Seca Blue.

LSB is great, but I'm going to say the Viper blue is even better because it pops more.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I think one of my favorite colors is that gently caress me in the eyesockets green that Lotus used for a while that you could never really photograph.

I think it would suit a Viper.

Krypton Green, the best color Lotus has ever painted IMO (https://www.google.com/search?q=lot...Dg&ved=0CB0QsAQ)

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

Krypton Green, the best color Lotus has ever painted IMO (https://www.google.com/search?q=lot...Dg&ved=0CB0QsAQ)

I like that the color of it looks different in every single photo. Hard to photograph is an understatement.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

TROUBLESHOOTING
PROBLEM: Customer complains of not being dead
Instruct customer on how to start car

DV killed the Viper before it killed him :black101:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Das Volk posted:

Don't forget the stripes this time, please.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Mat_Drinks posted:

LSB is great, but I'm going to say the Viper blue is even better because it pops more.

It's like that yellow/green color that fire departments switched to in the late 70s before they found out it was stupid and went back to red.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Usually the car outlives the driver, dasvolk failed to accomplish the breaking-in procedure.

In the 00's a friend of ours was doing TT kits for vipers and had his own TT viper.

I know of at least one occasion easily where the owner lunched the car on the way home.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

One of my sisters worked at a Chrysler dealership. Some old guy bought a new Viper and totalled the car (along with several others) pulling out of the dealer after picking it up.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Shampoo posted:

It's like that yellow/green color that fire departments switched to in the late 70s before they found out it was stupid and went back to red.

High visibility yellow is awesome.

All ambulances in Denmark are hi-viz yellow now, and cop cars/bikes are getting hi-viz yellow accents in addition to their traditional white paint with blue letting. The bike cop helmets are going that color too.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Shampoo posted:

It is a more visible color though.
The only reason red came back is that they were able to once LEDs got cheap and bright enough to make the trucks massively stand out no matter what color paint, and red kinda looks better/is the tradition.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
It seems like someone who would drive right into a giant fire truck will do it no matter the color.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

thebigcow posted:

It seems like someone who would drive right into a giant fire truck will do it no matter the color.

Well yeah, it just takes 'I didn't see you there' out of the equation.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Tommychu posted:

The only reason red came back is that they were able to once LEDs got cheap and bright enough to make the trucks massively stand out no matter what color paint,

The new LED police lights are so dazzling when driving its kinda unsafe passing a bunch of cop cars at night. Cant see poo poo.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

D C posted:

The new LED police lights are so dazzling when driving its kinda unsafe passing a bunch of cop cars at night. Cant see poo poo.

But how can we ensure officer safety if you can see them well enough to aim a gun at them?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Data Graham posted:

I'm partial to that "copperhead" color:

Not only does it look great, it also makes sure you know it's a Viper, because not many other cars wear it so iconically.

:colbert:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

BMW's Valencia Orange is a lot closer than that Volvo's color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Tommychu posted:

It is a more visible color though.
The only reason red came back is that they were able to once LEDs got cheap and bright enough to make the trucks massively stand out no matter what color paint, and red kinda looks better/is the tradition.

Have you guys seen those brake lights on emergency vehicles that flash once or twice before going to full 'on' when the vehicle is braking? I really want a pair of those to wake up the Facebooking drivers behind me.

• Locked thread