Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Dude is straight up baller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

if I looked like a literal Gollum I'd be real interested in genetic engineering too

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

that was pretty cool of that russian billionaire, but i wonder if he's racist? probably.

edit: but not because he's russian. or a billionaire.

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Inevitable posted:

Maybe he shouldn't have been a huge racist?

blah blah blah the entire progressive movement in america was founded by racists. WWI was won by Wilson who funded KKK films from the white house, and re-segregated the military. He's still extolled as one of the best presidents in america. Margret Sanger was a huge racist and founded planned parenthood due to her devotion for eugenics. she also supported the banning of pesticides that slightly damaged the environment yet made it possible for large amounts of people to get fed in terrible farming conditions, and thus starved swaths of people in poor countries. So basically people who made major contributions to society and were raised before the 50-60's were huge racists but still made decent advances in society.

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Slurin posted:

blah blah blah the entire progressive movement in america was founded by racists. WWI was won by Wilson who funded KKK films from the white house, and re-segregated the military. He's still extolled as one of the best presidents in america. Margret Sanger was a huge racist and founded planned parenthood due to her devotion for eugenics. she also supported the banning of pesticides that slightly damaged the environment yet made it possible for large amounts of people to get fed in terrible farming conditions, and thus starved swaths of people in poor countries. So basically people who made major contributions to society and were raised before the 50-60's were huge racists but still made decent advances in society.

To get it out of the way, I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
if it makes you feel better its an accurate quote and she got her wish african americans get the most abortions by far. Thats why I vote republican, have a rock solid history of freeing slaves, eliminating jim crow laws, working to end segregation, welfare slavery, and trying to save african american unborn children.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
prolly not a good idea

concerned mom fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 10, 2014

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
To avoid being branded as racist, can we at least all agree that IQ in males tends to be inversely proportional to penis size?

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008

concerned mom posted:

Just lets assume that a gene actually controls that, man that is one tricky subject. Because a lot of parents would like the idea of having biological grandkids etc. I know that's changing now in that homosexual parents can have biological children more easily, but I don't think it's necessarily a terrible thing for a parent, when faced with a tangible choice, to have a desire one way or the other

just for the record though I think eugenics is a bad thing i'm just talking about the actual feelings and emotions behind it, not the act

Eugenics is selective breeding and sterilization en mass. What a parent decides is not the same thing as a top down approach to breed out what some people consider undesireable traits. But if you agree that aborting babies is okay, then genetic testing of the fetus and contiued abortion until the desired trait comes along is a valid approach for a parent, but not an enforced societal policy. Genetic modification is just a more direct way of doing it for a parent. His statement would have been as inflammatory if he replaced homosexuals with red hair and freckles

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008

monkey posted:

To avoid being branded as racist, can we at least all agree that IQ in males tends to be inversely proportional to penis size?

Not sure, I have an incredibly huge penis but im dumb as poo poo and cant understand anything.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Beef Turret posted:

That prize belongs to Rosalind Franklin

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Russian Billionaire supports racist old man

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Unironically agree with everything J-Watts says.

And I also happen to be a scientist - I'm always amazed how everyone knows more about 'thing' than scientists who topped their classes before going on to spend their entire lives studying 'thing' just because it clashes with their preconceived notions.

There are large areas of research that would be of benefit to mankind if they weren't 'politically incorrect' and therefore unfundable career suicide.

Some KKK dude saying Africans are less intelligent is racist. A scientist proposing a hypothesis that Africans are less intelligent is not racism.

Of course if I got my wish and political correctness was removed from science all the results would still be misinterpreted by idiots to justify whatever preconceived notions they had beforehand... just like what happens now with all other research.

What I'm getting to is it's the dumbfucks ruining the show.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Beef Turret posted:

The gently caress it did you ignorant dipshit. Rosalind Franklin worked on A form DNA. Watson and Crick were working on the hydrated B form. While Rosalind's work was useful as a comparison it did not lead to the same conclusions Watson and Crick came to. If you sincerely believe Rosalind Franklin deserved the prize and you are not trolling Jesus Christ I don't know anymore.

Now I feel better.

Slurin posted:

Not sure, I have an incredibly huge penis but im dumb as poo poo and cant understand anything.

:golfclap:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 10, 2014

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Jombo posted:

And I also happen to be a scientist - I'm always amazed how everyone knows more about 'thing' than scientists who topped their classes before going on to spend their entire lives studying 'thing' just because it clashes with their preconceived notions.

There are large areas of research that would be of benefit to mankind if they weren't 'politically incorrect' and therefore unfundable career suicide.

Some KKK dude saying Africans are less intelligent is racist. A scientist proposing a hypothesis that Africans are less intelligent is not racism.

Of course if I got my wish and political correctness was removed from science all the results would still be misinterpreted by idiots to justify whatever preconceived notions they had beforehand... just like what happens now with all other research.

lmoa

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jombo posted:

lol sure thing dude

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
maybe we can think he's a dick but also appreciate his cool science poo poo. im also sure that it's only watson's racist science disk that was whole sale ripped off of his junior collegue's work. yessir, only this racist and sexist idiot claimed a thing that wasn't his in academia.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
pro tip everyone from 50 years ago was a racist dick w/ bad opinions just like how 50 years from now people will think we were all a-okay w/ police brutality and murdering browns lol

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress that honky, this bitch right here should have gotten that medal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosalind_Franklin

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Robo Reagan posted:

pro tip everyone from 50 years ago was a racist dick w/ bad opinions just like how 50 years from now people will think we were all a-okay w/ police brutality and murdering browns lol
that's some super positive thinking on your part. only fifty years? :unsmith:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

that's some super positive thinking on your part. only fifty years? :unsmith:

if the human race isn't dead in 50 years I will kick god's rear end for sleeping on the job

Hrafn
Feb 17, 2010
thanks daddy jesus for making us all equal

take that mr science man

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

:yikes:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jombo posted:

black people got brains like this

white people got brains like thiiiiiis

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
So how about all those scientific advancements coming out of sub-saharan Africa for thousands of years you guys?

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY8_7LWDx0w

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea that genetic science can be racist. SJW's at it again I see.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
bit hard to separate the standard neogibbissery from actual unironic race realism in this thread

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I'm Crap posted:

bit hard to separate the standard neogibbissery from actual unironic race realism in this thread

it's actually real obvious which is which, poe's law is a bullshit excuse dreamed up by people who suck at detecting jokes

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Torka posted:

it's actually real obvious which is which, poe's law is a bullshit excuse dreamed up by people who suck at detecting jokes
like the mods who banned Jew Mack while that guy up the page who actually thinks that africans are genetically fated to have the minds of children is probably not even going to get a custom title

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of loser actually buys people custom titles

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

I'm Crap posted:

like the mods who banned Jew Mack while that guy up the page who actually thinks that africans are genetically fated to have the minds of children is probably not even going to get a custom title

Ageist scum.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Assume everything anyone posts is real and enjoy SA more

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
All men of science should aspire to be like Prokhor Zakharov, unburdened by petty morality.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

what kind of loser actually buys people custom titles

one night many years ago while drunk I switched the avs of a lot of people in LF with the avs of people they didn't like, they got quite annoyed and a couple of people melted down irl over it

they blamed some poor guy they happened to be dogpiling for another reason at the time I began switching them, of course he swore up and down that it wasn't him but nobody believed him and they never found out it was me

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Torka posted:

one night many years ago while drunk I switched the avs of a lot of people in LF with the avs of people they didn't like, they got quite annoyed and a couple of people melted down irl over it

they blamed some poor guy they happened to be dogpiling for another reason at the time I began switching them, of course he swore up and down that it wasn't him but nobody believed him and they never found out it was me

lol okay that's a good reason to give people custom titles

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Beef Turret posted:

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Biggie Shorty posted:

Mother fucker wins the nobel prize and Gibbis posters tell him to check his privilege . oh ho ho I can't wait to post this dumb poo poo on weird twitter and rustle me some jimmies boy howdy

lol maybe you should cry more over this racist weirdo's mediocrity

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._of_racism.html

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
tldr he piggybacked on the accomplishments of a female scientist and gave her no credit/ probably actively looked down his nose at her

james watson is hilariously everything SJWs criticize STEM for x1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

bonvivant posted:

tldr he piggybacked on the accomplishments of a female scientist and gave her no credit/ probably actively looked down his nose at her

james watson is hilariously everything SJWs criticize STEM for x1000

I bet he was smashing that bitch on the side like a true baller

• Locked thread