Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Excels posted:

besides the spinner, all the amiibos give random stuff

Link gives you a 3 star or higher weapon after the Spinner.

I've only gotten weapons for Link from Link :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Excels posted:

besides the spinner, all the amiibos give random stuff

Ok, let me elaborate

I have Yoshi and Link

Yoshi has given me random stuff (1 rupee, various weapons, usually Tier 3 1-3 star)
After unlocking the spinner Link has always given me a Link weapon - Magical Sword, Triforce Spinner, Epona of Time, Great Sky Fairy, Power Gloves

I just want to confirm that the Link reward is always a weapon for Link, and I'm not just imagining it

(I'm asking this, because I want to know if it means that the Zelda amiibo will do the same, but for Zelda)

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 10, 2014

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Is it confirmed that the Link Amiibo always gives a Link weapon, or have I just been incredibly unlucky for 2 weeks?

Dude will not stop giving me five star six slot magical rods. For like two weeks. I think he has given me Eponas and spinners as well but mostly the first thing. Either way he only seems to give me Link stuff yes.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Link only gives me Link stuff too. Which is fine, it's nice to have Link as a fallback character to steamroll poo poo.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The choose an ally missions are the new quiz battles. There's one in Gerudo Desert with a Ruto reward. I chose to kill Lana and Cia. I chose poorly. Both of them summoned Manhandlas constantly. By the time I dealt with Cia and her plants Lana's keep had two of them, stuck inside. So that's Lana and two Manhandlas in a small keep, on a map where a gentle breeze removes twelve hearts.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I'm 99% sure I've only gotten Link weapons from my Link Amiibo.

My non-Link Amiibos have given me the following stuff:
*Weapons
*Rupees
*Materials

Even though I already have all the Link's weapons I could want you can at least sell them for rupees so think of them as free money!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Managed to find the Zelda amiibo today and she gave me a random tier rapier for Zelda.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

Managed to find the Zelda amiibo today and she gave me a random tier rapier for Zelda.

Jealous of people finding Wave 2 amiibo early...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My link gave me a 5 star Epona with two Strengths slotted. :getin::horse:

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I just got this game today. First launch patched it up to 1.4.0, I got about a dozen new items and characters at boot-up. An onslaught of the "item get" ensued for about a minute before I even got to the start screen.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
First world problems!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Interesting thing I don't know if anyone has seen.

I was doing that Network Link mission in Faron Woods where you have to take the keeps and then beat Lana. I was trying to unlock a skill on my weapon so I was running around finding the last few patches of enemies, and my army went into the enemy base. A Hylian captain managed to beat Lana while I was running around. Apparently if an NPC beats the enemy commander, the level doesn't end, instead the game puts a random captain in as the new enemy commander, in this case an Aeralfos.

It doesn't really affect anything, but it is kind of weird.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

So that's Lana and two Manhandlas in a small keep, on a map where a gentle breeze removes twelve hearts.

People say the Imprisoned is the worst giant boss but as far as I'm concerned it's Manhandla. At least the Imprisoned you can use a special and take out all its toes almost immediately, even if the game won't let you break its weak point meter in one go. Manhandla has that loving seed attack that will tear your life meter apart, and the worst part is if it decides to use that, you can't hit all four heads with your boomerang and more often than not I only end up hitting one at a time after that (since the boomerang tends to only hit the low or the high heads and not both levels), exposing me to more attacks.

Plus it's faster than you'd expect, about as fast as Gohma, which makes it a hassle if there's multiple giant bosses since you can't just run to get away from it like you can with King Dodongo or the Imprisoned.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You can block the seed attack

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Yeah, the only issue I have with Manhandla is when he flails around like an rear end in a top hat. THAT is unblockable and is hard to avoid.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
I realized eventually that you pretty much need to be blocking at all times when fighting Manhandla, after which it's not so bad.

Unless you're fighting two at a time, of course, when you just want to get one of their weak point gauges down, and the other decides to spam the seed attack over and over. That one grinding spot would be perfect if it wasn't for that :mad:

Imprisoned wouldn't be so bad either if they didn't stuff so many in the map tiles where everyone has a huge amount of health. Needing more than two phases to kill these things is agony.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Just make sure you're using someone who can deplete Manhandla's weak point gauge in one go

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Yeah, the only issue I have with Manhandla is when he flails around like an rear end in a top hat. THAT is unblockable and is hard to avoid.

Every time he's done that, I've blocked it and it's never hurt me? :confused:

It's been a while since I've played, and I cant remember if it breaks your block or not, but I've never taken damage from it while blocking.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
I never see any of Manhandla's attacks other than bullet seed and the one that starts with him exposing all 4 stalks lined up perfectly for your boomerang. Maybe it's an issue of how close you are to him? I know he'll spew poison everywhere if you get too close.

When fighting 2 of them, I use Focus Spirit to expose both of their weak points together then use that time to kill one of them.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

larchesdanrew posted:

Every time he's done that, I've blocked it and it's never hurt me? :confused:

It's been a while since I've played, and I cant remember if it breaks your block or not, but I've never taken damage from it while blocking.

It breaks your block and knocks you back. If you're unlucky it might run over you again before you recover. If not then you don't take any damage just from having your block broken.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

This loving game is taunting me. I've gotten two more of Ganondorf's lvl* weapons, and they've only offered an increase in stars. Did the original stage again, then a network Link appeared with one. What's a guy gotta do to get some drat slots on a special weapon?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You can block the seed attack

I'm aware of that and it's totally manageable if you're fighting one on its own. But if there's two of them or if there's other enemies around that's when it becomes a pain in the rear end.

liquidypoo posted:

This loving game is taunting me. I've gotten two more of Ganondorf's lvl* weapons, and they've only offered an increase in stars. Did the original stage again, then a network Link appeared with one. What's a guy gotta do to get some drat slots on a special weapon?

Ha, I did a battle for a level * weapon for Girahim last night and it was a 5 star one with zero slots. :negative:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This game is on sale at Target for $47 right now

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I got it! It was so drat simple and I feel like an idiot for not trying it. Once you have your basic no-slot lvl* weapon, go test it out on a rack up KOs mission. I went to the lower left Master Quest one with a slots 3 potion and got a 5 star 8-bit magical key with 8 goddamn slots.

Go try it out and see if this is actually a sure thing. I get the idea that using the actual lvl* weapons will give you a better chance of getting them anywhere.

Edit: just did it again and now Link has a worthwhile candle on a stick

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 13, 2014

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I beat that mission that was giving me trouble. :toot:

Also got a bunch of other weapon unlocks while I was at it. I was on a roll last night!

I've also dabbled a bit in the Master Quest map and I find it... rather frustrating. Not for the missions themselves; those are fine, but for how stingy the game is with item cards. I have yet to unlock a square that gives me a goddamn Compass, and I have no less than three squares that need a Goddess Harp to reveal the enemies. The nearest Goddess Harp is 5 squares away in the complete opposite direction of where I am headed. :suicide: (Currently gunning for Volga's lv. 3 weapon.)

Master Quest map is jerk, basically. The missions have been really fun so far, though! I just did my first "rack up KOs" mission, last night and holy poo poo! Enemies dropped magic pots like candy, so I just spent the majority of the map in Focus Spirt state and just mowed them the gently caress down. It was amazing. This game is still amazing.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Yeah, my friend and I are about halfway through the Master Quest map, and keep getting caught in "item card chains", where we have to get a bomb for a mission, but we need to get a harp to get the enemies for the bomb mission, and the harps are annoying levels, etc.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If you look at a map for the second quest of the very first Zelda game, it matches up exactly with the Master Quest map

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The worst part of the Master Quest map is the abundance of squares where "The enemy must be revealed!" but there no butterflies so you need a compass and a recorder just to be able to do the level. And then that one rear end in a top hat square where the compass reveals a bush and you think you need a candle but NOPE should've used the recorder!

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

The worst part of the Master Quest map is the abundance of squares where "The enemy must be revealed!" but there no butterflies so you need a compass and a recorder just to be able to do the level. And then that one rear end in a top hat square where the compass reveals a bush and you think you need a candle but NOPE should've used the recorder!

We just did that one. It's even in the actual Second Quest apparently! Also the bomb spot that's literally a nondescript spot in a landmark-less field on the single path up the left side. :argh:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Protip for saving compasses/recorders: the only way to waste a recorder is to use it on an empty tile. If you use it on any object and it isn't the right one, it'll just do nothing. So spam that poo poo on every bush, rock, statue, and every inch of water until you find the right one.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, does anybody have a map that lists what item you need for searching on each square? I've found some lists but I'd really like an actual map.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hey, does anybody have a map that lists what item you need for searching on each square? I've found some lists but I'd really like an actual map.

http://toragame.com/zelda_musou/adventure/about.php

Master Quest map's there too.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Third result in GIS for "Second Quest Map"

The only things it doesn't have are the water bombs, harp, ice arrow, and hookshot, but those are all obvious. The bottom of the key on the left side shows which outline color indicates which item to use, in cases like needing the recorder on a bush instead of a candle and such.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't read this :(

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Thanks for the maps, but what I want is one for Hyrule Warriors. Specifically the Twilight Map since that one's not 30 years old, but having a detailed breakdown of the other two would be cool.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Every square for the original LoZ applies to the Adventure Map, and every square but one or two for the LoZ second quest applies to the Master Quest map. The items and usages are in the same places.

For the Twilight Map, every place you need to use an item is exceedingly obvious except for one or two squares where there are multiple bombable boulders. That's actually one of the things I like about the Twilight Map.

GaryLeeLoveBuckets
May 8, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Every square for the original LoZ applies to the Adventure Map, and every square but one or two for the LoZ second quest applies to the Master Quest map. The items and usages are in the same places.

For the Twilight Map, every place you need to use an item is exceedingly obvious except for one or two squares where there are multiple bombable boulders. That's actually one of the things I like about the Twilight Map.

Yeah I like that they're really obvious about what to use in what location on the Twilight Map. When I first started Adventure Mode, it was kind of fun to see how much I remembered from playing the poo poo out of the first Zelda...right until I got to the featureless walls in the bottom right that need a bomb somewhere. Then I just busted out a spoiler map and opened everything. I admit it's not as fun as giving my buddy a smug look when I open a random secret entrance from memory, but I got pretty tired of bomb/candle levels.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I would have been totally fine it they would have let using a wrong card or using it in the wrong spot didn't use up the card. They could be a little more stingy that way but it would also let me experiment without feeling like I wasted twenty minutes per attempt.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I would have been totally fine it they would have let using a wrong card or using it in the wrong spot didn't use up the card. They could be a little more stingy that way but it would also let me experiment without feeling like I wasted twenty minutes per attempt.

shut off the console and you can keep the cards, it only saves the last mission you completed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I tried something today to see if it would work and it worked!

Most of Sheik's elemental attacks don't stack if you use the exact same one twice. For example, if you cast her dark void from the nocturne of shadow and then make another dark void, and existing dark voids leave the playing field.

But, for kicks I made the glowing triangle on the ground using the prelude of light (which fills your special meter when you stand on it). I cast another glowing triangle in the same spot and the first one didn't fade away. I had two glowing triangles filling my special meter and the effect STACKED! My special meter began filling twice as fast!

So, a protip: To get your special meter full with Sheik super fast use the prelude of light TWICE and make two glowing triangles (one on top of the other).

• Locked thread