Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
can you even do crota's end without titans? flashbang grenades seem essential there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

El Hefe posted:

can you even do crota's end without titans? flashbang grenades seem essential there

They will probably patch the ability to blind gatekeepers out. Can't have a clever solution that was not masterfully orchestrated by the Bungie dev team.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Ularg posted:

They will probably patch the ability to blind gatekeepers out. Can't have a clever solution that was not masterfully orchestrated by the Bungie dev team.

No ularg what are you doing you can't say negative things about this game

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Dahbadu posted:

To those that are running raids with me this week:

I'll be cancelling tonight's "let's gently caress around for a couple hours and try to kill Crota" raid. I actually think we could do it (if Grunty gets 31, as planned), but I don't feel like spending about 2-3 hours banging my head against a wall.

:( All that grinding I did to hit 31...

Anyways I'm down for Friday with my Hunter.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tomahawk posted:

No ularg what are you doing you can't say negative things about this game

He's played this game for about 1000 hours. He's entitled to say whatever the gently caress he wants about Destiny at this point. :v:

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I was reading the bungie.net forums and in the midst of all the filth they actually have a nice idea. "Can't afford the DLC? Let us buy it for you". It may sound stupid, you need a $10 account to post here and a expensive system to play it, but it's the holiday season so what the heck I might as well offer. Post why you can't afford Destiny and/or the DLC and I'll buy it for you, up to $200 total spending from me. PM me if you don't want to discuss your personal life publicly. I enjoy this game and want you to too. Hopefully all of this are financially sound and this sounds stupid but if I can bring a little more enjoyment to someone in need of it this season I would be very happy.

edit: or email. josh middle-word-in-my-username 0802 @ gmail

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 12, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The raid chest gave me a second Ice Breaker. It's upgraded. That's neat I guess.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Its Miller Time posted:

I was reading the bungie.net forums and in the midst of all the filth they actually have a nice idea. "Can't afford the DLC? Let us buy it for you". It may sound stupid, you need a $10 account to post here and a expensive system to play it, but it's the holiday season so what the heck I might as well offer. Post why you can't afford Destiny and/or the DLC and I'll buy it for you, up to $200 total spending from me. PM me if you don't want to discuss your personal life publicly. I enjoy this game and want you to too. Hopefully all of this are financially sound and this sounds stupid but if I can bring a little more enjoyment to someone in need of it this season I would be very happy.

This is awesome

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nevermind

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 12, 2014

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Its Miller Time posted:

You are a cool dude.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Thinking about dismantling my VoG gear for the shards to upgrade my vendor gear :shepicide:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Tokubetsu posted:

Thinking about dismantling my VoG gear for the shards to upgrade my vendor gear :shepicide:

I did it today. Feels good man.

I mean i kept a few pieces for PVP min maxing but I sharded loving helmets man. I worked for those drat helmets.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

How many shards do you get from a raid piece with maxed out experience? Asking for a friend :(

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Like 3

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I was drunk and dumped 12 shards into my 27 vendor helm thinking it was my new VOG HM helm a few nights ago :(

edit: What happened to the other strike I saw some obnoxious video of the devs playing? Wasn't there supposed to be another PS4 exclusive strike?

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 12, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I have 160 ascendant shards. I ain't worried bout upgrading poo poo.. Except now I need to grind marks and commendations :smith:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I got this off vanguard roc. Make sure you check out the 3d view. :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TaurusOxford posted:

He's played this game for about 1000 hours. He's entitled to say whatever the gently caress he wants about Destiny at this point. :v:

I can write a book by now of all the things wrong with Destiny. I just try not to let myself get drowned in negativity. Unless I'm in the Crucible. gently caress the crucible and all it stands for.

Tokubetsu posted:

You didn't have 200+ shards saved up for the expansion?

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
Anybody running vog? I need shards and poo poo. Ps4-aluminumonkey

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Phorrm/Ularg, how far are you from 31 or 32? You can get to 32 from vendor stuff, right?

30: 120
31: 132
32: 144

edit: Forgot vendor pieces are +33, not +36.

edit: How does light progression work for 33/36 max light gear? The old patterns were:

quote:

Regular Legendary armor starts at +18 light and fully upgrades to +27 light. It takes 5 armor upgrades to get there (+2, +2, +1, +2, +2) with the final 3 costing 6 ascendant shards each.

Raid Legendary armor starts at +18 light and fully upgrades to +30 light. It takes 5 armor upgrades to get there (+2, +2, +2, +3, +3) with the final 3 costing 7 ascendant shards each.

Exotic armor starts at +21 light and fully upgrades to +30 light. It takes 4 armor upgrades to get there (+2, +2, +2, +3) with the final 2 costing 8 ascendant shards each.

Maybe you can update the OP once we get the answer. I have 26 light with one Upgrade Defense on my +33 vendor piece. I'm guessing it's still (+2, +2, +1, +2, +2)?

edit: It can't be the same for exotics, as they start at 30. So 3 nodes with +2 each?

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 12, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

You can not get to 32 from vendor pieces.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

You can not get to 32 from vendor pieces.

poo poo I'm slow today. So to get to 32 you still need 3 raid pieces and 1 exotic, all at 36? And the new Iron Banner will only go up to +33 armor right? So it's the same roadblock to reaching the top level for awhile?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
23 is the average price for a primary from Xur right?

Here's hoping he's got something good this week, desperately need an upgrade.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Its Miller Time posted:

poo poo I'm slow today. So to get to 32 you still need 3 raid pieces and 1 exotic, all at 36? And the new Iron Banner will only go up to +33 armor right? So it's the same roadblock to reaching the top level for awhile?

Not sure about the Iron Banner stuff (they might update that gear next time it rolls around), but otherwise yeah.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

Pretty sure you're right on the money. IB gear will go to light level 31(33 light), and you need 3 raid pieces and a fully upgraded exotic to hit 32.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Alteisen posted:

23 is the average price for a primary from Xur right?

Here's hoping he's got something good this week, desperately need an upgrade.

Last week it was 17 for the Plan C and 13 for armor?

edit: Seeing 31 ONLY posts on destinylfg.net warms my cockles. Some things never change.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Pretty sure you're right on the money. IB gear will go to light level 31(33 light), and you need 3 raid pieces and a fully upgraded exotic to hit 32.

But we've confirmed the helm has dropped in the normal mode raid, meaning someone could get there before January?

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

Last week it was 17 for the Plan C and 13 for armor?

edit: Seeing 31 ONLY posts on destinylfg.net warms my cockles. Some things never change.

23 for primaries, 17 for specials and heavies. I think all armor of all types is 13.

Dwitzl
Feb 4, 2008

You got dem orrrrbs?
So in regards to the final fight of the new raid,
Would anyone know if the armor ability infusion (heal on light orb pickup) would work under the effect of the presence of crota debuf?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Its Miller Time posted:

Phorrm/Ularg, how far are you from 31 or 32? You can get to 32 from vendor stuff, right?

30: 120
31: 132
32: 144

edit: Forgot vendor pieces are +33, not +36.

edit: How does light progression work for 33/36 max light gear? The old patterns were:

Maybe you can update the OP once we get the answer. I have 26 light with one Upgrade Defense on my +33 vendor piece. I'm guessing it's still (+2, +2, +1, +2, +2)?

edit: It can't be the same for exotics, as they start at 30. So 3 nodes with +2 each?

My Warlock is 31 now, all the vendor pieces fully upgraded. My Titan has all the pieces and a raid piece but it needs upgraded. My Hunter is missing a chestpiece until next week or if I can upgrade it from Xur. My main bottleneck is either marks, commendations or helium filaments. Out of all the new items I have gotten, only two of them take something other than Helium.

My warlock has a new primary, secondary and heavy. My Titan has a primary and heavy, same as my hunter. They all have murmur too but it's not even at 300 attack because of Eris.

I still need to do the bridge part of Crota's End on my warlock. And since he's 31 he can take a shot at the next part too if everyone else is 31. I'd like to still do hard mode VoG for shards, energy. Hopefully get exotics to shard or a monte carlo to hopefully upgrade from Xur.

Here's hoping Xur rules this week. I have 100 Motes of light saved up if he sells an engram (he loving better).

I understand the first two parts of the raid almost perfectly now, I just need the energy to make a writeup and maybe some more images. So if anyone has screenshots of the raid please share them. Either to show off the map/arenas or cool stylistic screenshots. You can PM them to me and give you credit in one of the OP posts if you want.

I've just been a little overwhelmed by the pve bounties lately. Since they've doubled and Eris has some really strange bounties. I mean, loving shoulder charge Wizards? Who the gently caress thought of that?

Not to mention I've been trying to get crucible marks and I have not had a single decent experience in crucible since Iron Banner ended. It seems like I only get matched against premades. Opponents better than me and teammates worse than me. Along with the bullshit packet loss that makes every fight a loving handicap. I mean how the gently caress would you feel if you ran in front of a dude charging his fusion rifle and his bullets literally curved to hit you as you ran past his sight. Then when you use a fusion rifle you can never one-shot anyone no matter how many shots connect or how much impact you have.

Seriously, the fusion rifle thing. I have Praetorian's Foil, Plan C, Light/Beware, Wizard 77 and the Iron Banner fusion rifle. Not a single one of them can I get a consistent one-shot kill with, no matter how many of the shots connect per burst.

Edit: Out of helium filaments again. But I got a new Helm of Saint-14 fully upgraded that I got from Nightfall, dismantled the old one. Ended up spending nothing extra. With bounties I got the helm fully upgraded in 1.5 days. Weapons take way longer for sure but you just got to remember to use them wherever you can.

It reminds me of a bug I read on Reddit. Where the XP you get from the daily story mission doesn't apply to your weapons you have equipped. I never noticed that. And that's bullshit. There's so many things like that where I can't hardly call Destiny "polished".

Ularg fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 12, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A blue engram gave me upgraded Astrolord gauntlets! And I bought the vanguard greaves too. Too bad I only have 11 shards so hitting 31 for Sunday is impossible anyway.

Have we figured out if upgraded exotics like this Ice Breaker that dropped in the Crota raid level up faster or not like Bungie said? It's the exact same upgrade path at the least.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Anyone for the Nightfall? PS4: burtology

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

^burtle posted:

Anyone for the Nightfall? PS4: burtology

Meeeeee. BaronVanAwesome

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Can the helmet drop in the normal mode of Crota?

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Its Miller Time posted:

I've updated bits and pieces of the FAQ already, but I plan on fully updating it and writing the expansion FAQ in a week or two once we have confirmed information on stuff and it's clearer what the common questions / issues are. Your patience is appreciated, as are any comments or suggestions.

In other news, about 6 hours until old tentacle face shows up :cthulhu:

Here's his updated weapon list so far:

1. Red Death
2. Gjallarhorn
3. Suros Regime
4. Red Death
5. Ice Breaker
6. Truth
7. Suros Regime
8. Patience and Time
9. Truth
10. The Last Word
11. Mida Multi-Tool
12. Plan C
13. Plan C

Eligible weapons he has yet to sell: Hard Light, Universal Remote, Thunderlord, all the DLC exotics?

What's your Xur wish list? I'm hoping for Gjallarhorn, and the ability to upgrade Helm of Inmost, Saint-14 and Icebreaker at least. I also specifically hope that he DOESN'T provide the ability to upgrade SUROS Regime this week so I can be one of the only people with a 331 SUROS for Iron Banner next week :getin:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Hey, any Old Timey Goons on the 360 want to join a party for the new raid? Friend me: GoNutsBonus. Level 30's only please.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

monkeu posted:

What's your Xur wish list? I'm hoping for Gjallarhorn, and the ability to upgrade Helm of Inmost, Saint-14 and Icebreaker at least. I also specifically hope that he DOESN'T provide the ability to upgrade SUROS Regime this week so I can be one of the only people with a 331 SUROS for Iron Banner next week :getin:

I want them to fix it so he can sell the loving PS4 weapons. Hawkmoon :qq:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Is vanguard roc just the omni-gull strike? Four or five times now it's been that.

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
Anyone up for running the weekly strike? I have a couple characters I still need to run it with. PSN is absolomb, send me a message or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Bungie weekly update is up

Summary:

Addtl: Our audio team ate cookies :)

• Locked thread