Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dexo posted:

Haha as if anyone in WWE besides hunter actually watches NXT

Patterson does!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THIS IS WRESTLING chant is really bad in general, but much more ridiculous on a WWE promoted event.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 12, 2014

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Malt posted:

chivalry for Aiden English.

Ahahaha I was wondering what the hell that was, that's pretty great.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

THIS IS WRESTLING chant is really bad in general, but much more ridiculous on a WWE promoted event.

Is it really though, all context included? That show WAS wrestling. Now if they chanted it on Raw...

Well, bad maybe, but not absurd if that makes sense, IDK.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is it really though, all context included? That show WAS wrestling. Now if they chanted it on Raw...

I mean it was a chant that was created to say "we're better than WWE/mainstream pro wrestling" so

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean it was a chant that was created to say "we're better than WWE/mainstream pro wrestling" so

Oh okay that makes more sense.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Even more since it was chanted during a match that isn't allowed to exist on any other WWE program.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

the idea that WWE isn't wrestling is still real drat stupid no matter how much they try to brand it otherwise especially when the whole idea behind the chant is trashing WWE's approaching to "sports entertainment"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

the idea that WWE isn't wrestling is still real drat stupid no matter how much they try to brand it otherwise especially when the whole idea behind the chant is trashing WWE's approaching to "sports entertainment"

it's more sensible if you consider it as an opposition to the WWE Divas poo poo, but maybe i'm reading too much into a smarky crowd's smarky chants

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Thats how I read it too. Opposing WWE Diva matches that is

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Well in that sense, NXT might as well be a borderline different promotion. I'd barely consider NXT "sports entertainment". It's a wrestling show. But yeah I see what you mean.

Still "THIS IS WRESTLING" is chantable and easier to shout in unison than "WE DISAPPROVE OF THE GENERAL CONCEPT OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT AND VASTLY PREFER THINGS SUCH AS THIS!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wwe divas have had a handful of very good matches this year from people who spent zero time in NXT

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That's what I thought also but then they did it for the Main Event.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Still "THIS IS WRESTLING" is chantable and easier to shout in unison than "WE DISAPPROVE OF THE GENERAL CONCEPT OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT AND VASTLY PREFER THINGS SUCH AS THIS!"

THIS-IS-AWE-SOME

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 12, 2014

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I love how Zayn flinched when Owens first got in the ring to congratulate him. Foreshadowing!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

I love how Zayn flinched when Owens first got in the ring to congratulate him. Foreshadowing!

The locker room footage was also great. Everyone was doing their own thing, but Owens was in the background staring daggers into Sami.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

wwe divas have had a handful of very good matches this year from people who spent zero time in NXT

Natalya is in NXT a lot though?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

nooneofconsequence posted:

They have been foreshadowing this from the very beginning. Remember the first Owens promo came right after a Zayn spot. Hell even in the preshow they foreshadowed it. Amazing build up. NXT is really everything the product should be.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Djarum posted:

They have been foreshadowing this from the very beginning. Remember the first Owens promo came right after a Zayn spot. Hell even in the preshow they foreshadowed it. Amazing build up. NXT is really everything the product should be.

The turn was really so awesome because we all got caught up in the excitement of Owens debuting as a face. And then everyone went "Daaawwww" when he hugged Sami, thinking it was just a touching moment.

But all the clues were there from the very first promo. They planted the seeds of jealousy but then gave you enough to make you think that the seeds were misdirection.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 12, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The turn was really so awesome because we all got caught up in the excitement of Owens debuting as a face. And then everyone went "Daaawwww" when he hugged Sami, thinking it was just a touching moment.

But all the clues were there from the very first promo. They planted the seeds of jealousy but then have you enough to make you think that the seeds were misdirection.

I thought they'd turn him but not immediately after his debut. It's a good decision too, because the only guaranteed heat in NXT comes from feuding with Zayn or Bayley. If they wanna make Owens a heel from the get-go...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Natalya is in NXT a lot though?

She's not a product of the system though. Cesaro has had some great matches this year but I wouldn't call him an NXT guy.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Do I have to renew my Network subscription to watch this or will they put it on Hulu or something?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Mons Hubris posted:

Do I have to renew my Network subscription to watch this or will they put it on Hulu or something?

The last one was available the next day on Hulu. This one probably will be too. Notable NXT is no longer a part of free Hulu though.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I haven't gone through the thread yet but the rovert signs were me and Fart Radio. I had the idea for when we went to the tapings but then didn't get in last month and eventually he came around so we made them this time. Glad you guys appreciated the nods. Holy gently caress that was exhilarating and I totally lost my mind all night.

In the most important news after the crowd was leaving the ring before the turn, Dubstep Cowboys walked by and I shoused "you guys loving rule" or something and Wesley and Buddy both looked at me and pointed and gave me a huge grin and a thumbs up and a thank you. Tomorrow is gonna kick so much rear end.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I haven't gone through the thread yet but the rovert signs were me and Fart Radio. I had the idea for when we went to the tapings but then didn't get in last month and eventually he came around so we made them this time. Glad you guys appreciated the nods. Holy gently caress that was exhilarating and I totally lost my mind all night.

I did. Hilariously twitter keeled over after it happened for about 45 minutes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hail Hydra.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I had a "Roverts got the scoops brother" sign but it looks from that one grab that I was just off to the right all night. Glad you took it with a smile :)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kevin Owens was bleeding for an hour and 45 minutes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I had a "Roverts got the scoops brother" sign but it looks from that one grab that I was just off to the right all night. Glad you took it with a smile :)

Got the seemingly improbable Brian Kendrick NXT trainer rumour right and Corey Grave's move to announcing correct tonight so no bother.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What a loving incredible show.

Didn't get to watch live because of work poo poo but goddamn that was perfect. Absolutely amazing.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Even the NXT Logo on the Owens shirt is made of duct tape:

http://shop.wwe.com/Kevin-Owens-%22...entic%20T-Shirt

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Still smiling over that ending as so many were calling it a perfect ending, Sami being hugged and raised to the sky on everyones shoulders and confetti and he's finally made his dream come true. He had overcome temptation and had beaten Adrien fair and square. He was the champion. Everyone was in joy.

But deep down we knew it wasn't perfect. There was one thing that would have made it actually perfect.

And then

The ending was perfect.

Lid fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 12, 2014

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

Still smiling over that ending as so many were calling it a perfect ending, Sami being hugged and raised to the sky on everyones shoulders and confetti and he's finally made his dream come true. He had overcome temptation and had beaten Adrien fair and square. He was the champion. Everyone was in joy.

But deep down we knew it wasn't perfect. There was one thing that would have made it actually perfect.

And then

The ending was perfect.

Ice loving cold.

http://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/543283591594393600

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
just finished watching the main event. really good match and a legitimately great moment, was cool to hear the nxt crowd actually emotionally invested in the outcome of a match for once.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Lid posted:

The ending was perfect.
Goddamn that ring lip powerbomb is just as close to the dangerzone as I thought it looked live. Expert brutality

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

The last one was available the next day on Hulu. This one probably will be too. Notable NXT is no longer a part of free Hulu though.

Fatal 4 Way was available next day on Hulu+? I assume Hulu pays WWE for that?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Fatal 4 Way was available next day on Hulu+? I assume Hulu pays WWE for that?

Of course they do.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
sup guys

that show was really something, huh

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has WWE ever given a guy more "CHEER THIS MAN" superstar, for lack of a better word, epic, packaging as quickly as they've given it to Finn Balor? I mean, maybe Wyatt but god drat. That entrance tonight was Mania tier and it was in developmental.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has WWE ever given a guy more "CHEER THIS MAN" superstar, for lack of a better word, epic, packaging as quickly as they've given it to Finn Balor? I mean, maybe Wyatt but god drat. That entrance tonight was Mania tier and it was in developmental.

Well, he's been doing that for ages in the indies and Japan. It wasn't so much WWE packaging the guy as it was them letting him do what got him over.

Wrestlers overall have trouble figuring out that a good entrance and theme are important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

Well, he's been doing that for ages in the indies and Japan. It wasn't so much WWE packaging the guy as it was them letting him do what got him over.

Wrestlers overall have trouble figuring out that a good entrance and theme are important.

But the thing is, WWE is LETTING him do it. You know as well as I do that is about the furthest thing from a given in the history of man.

Also his new theme puts Real Rock 'N Rolla to utter shame, haters vacate.

• Locked thread