Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Im not seeing any increase in the upvote arrow thingy as my income increases.

I do not like this new version of Matter of Scale. The old one did not have the upvote arrow thingy, and those 5 ??? used to be the upgrades to double income from the 5 tiers of production units. (instead of the production doublers requiring upvote arrows). You only needed to pay normal income from them, not these upvote arrows, and it took far less time to get to the 5k income requirement.

Those hidden options are higher tier buildings now, the upgrades are permanent and live behind the prestige currency. The idea was that eventually maxing out hamlets should be trivial, rather than just taking slightly less time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Try out getting a manager, the one I've gotten is insane (I think they come in rarities? Mine is orange) and has pretty much carried me. It increases tier 3 unit's output by something like 20% for every tier 2 unit I have, so after a couple they produce something like 50+ resource each for very little cost. With a couple of prestige-upgrades I can churn through Hamlets in a matter of 5-30 seconds, with the downside that it requires very active play. I haven't really figured out how to effectively idle in this game, though. Without active play progress is just so agonizingly slow by comparison.

Also, it's a shame that the developer has stopped working on the game, I really like the concept, and it's not entirely perfect. (I think the thumbs-up currency required for managers only drops through the "golden cookie" mechanic the same way "upvote"-currency and prestige can drop, and after a while they stop appearing for me.)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Len posted:

Do you get more prestige if you let the hamlet hang out longer after you complete?

I don't think so. I let a hamlet sit around forever and if there was an increase in prestige, it was very, very small.

dis astranagant posted:

The arrow things are pretty irrelevant after a while. I've yet to see the game ask for high tier buildings and you only need the tier 6 ones early on.

They're mostly only useful in the first few runs of a given level. Later you can use them after idling to blast up income by charging to the last unlock or boosting the level 5 one if you're going for building #s. The game never asks for a specific building or collection outside the first 5, so those are the ones you'd want to focus on automatically building.

senae posted:

Those hidden options are higher tier buildings now, the upgrades are permanent and live behind the prestige currency. The idea was that eventually maxing out hamlets should be trivial, rather than just taking slightly less time.

I'm at max hamlet prestige and I don't even look at them anymore. They just complete all the time and there's generally some kind of post-village to work on since I'm pretty close on those too. It fixes a lot of the problem of idling sucking too because you come back to a huge list of whatever you don't have automated stuffed full of upgrade points so you can churn through them quickly.

Game is buggy as crap though sometimes and it can be worth refreshing if things start acting wonky.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Ineptitude posted:

F2::
Loop
{
Sleep 50
Send 8
Sleep 50
Send 6
Sleep 50
Send 9
Sleep 905000
Send 8
Sleep 50
Send 9
Sleep 905000
}

Try this. If the script is pressing the buttons to quick, flash or the browser or whatever will ignore some of them.
For example, if i run this to click 20 times, without the sleep function only about 15 clicks will register:
code:
F9::
Loop, 20
{
click 1
sleep, 3
}
return

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks, i figured out what was wrong

You have to have the name of the browser window in there, for example: "ControlSend,, 8, Lvl 454 - Clicker Heroes - Mozilla Firefox ; Energize"
This works like a charm, but you have to edit the script every time you advance in levels. I leave it running for a day, then stop it and auto advance for a while, then edit the script to match the new level once auto advance stops.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

I don't know if I found this here or elsewhere on the internet, but I've been enjoying Matter of Scale. It utterly confused the poo poo out of me for a while at the start, and it is kind of labor intensive to start, but it has a really clever prestige system that doesn't make you cringe as you flush yhour hard (non)work of weeks down the toilet for a handful of tokens.

e: something about it is buggy, I think it may be the managers. They're not very good regardless, but I think not using them is the way to go.

I hate you for this by the way.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Len posted:

Hate is strong but drat I wish I had a script to click the golden cookie-likes, it's very annoying that the only way to get them to stay longer for the perceptually disabled is to click them a ton. :argh:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I pretty much ignore the clickables. You somehow slowly accrue votes or whatever they are anyways, and prestige is way faster from completeing locations.

Len posted:

Just when you think "eh this is all too obnoxious" a la clicker hero resets constantly, you automate hamlets enough that when you come back you have a HUGE stockpile of villages that you can eaily polish off using accumulated upgrade points and you're sucked back in.

I just finished off village prestige, am starting city automation and should have my first grand duchy soon :3

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The bottleneck is hamlets though. I wish you could start getting more of them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Hate is strong but drat I wish I had a script to click the golden cookie-likes, it's very annoying that the only way to get them to stay longer for the perceptually disabled is to click them a ton. :argh:

My girlfriend came over and went "is that another tab of numbers getting bigger? Are you serious? How many is that now?"

It's only two. I've dropped it down to two. And I'm almost free of Mine Defense. 1.0 drops Saturday.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It's something we all have to put up with from time to time. I get a regular "Stop making the numbers bigger!" Whenever I have a game going.

I don't have an addiction, I could stop like any time I wanted to. I just don't want to.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I get that a lot too, from GF and people who come over and are like "what is that? it looks like ballsack."

Doesn't have to be Inquisition to be fun :colbert:. Besides I'm down to wall destroyer and matter of scale now, and I should be done with walls in another few weeks.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The bottleneck is hamlets though. I wish you could start getting more of them.

I don't know what the criteria is to unlock it (or if it starts unlocked), but you do eventually unlock an upgrade that lets you eventually get up to 6 of them. It's still not quite enough to keep you doing something all the time, but personally I am ok with that.

Also what's in the Mine Defense update? I haven't had that tab open in forever, but IIRC the only upgrade I didn't have was the one that required some ridiculously high number of scholars to get a food upgrade or something laughably bad like that.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I got literally all the Mine Defense upgrades aside from cosmetics in about a week of leaving the tab open and managing things as needed. Hopefully 1.0 has another week of content at least.

e: also you can totally get more hamlets straight away, it costs 20 to do two at once, then 50 for 3 at once and so on. Maybe you have to clear at least one hamlet first but it's definitely there unless your game is bugged.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 11, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Oh, I've got six running, but the game requires exponential increases to progress and six can only take you so far.

I lucked out and got a manager that reduces the cost of level 1 buildings by more than 51%. That rounds down to zero. 0^1000 = zero.

Still, I need more hamlets!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Oh, I've got six running, but the game requires exponential increases to progress and six can only take you so far.

I lucked out and got a manager that reduces the cost of level 1 buildings by more than 51%. That rounds down to zero. 0^1000 = zero.

Still, I need more hamlets!

I'm only now getting to the point where I don't usually have some post-village to babysit while everything else runs itself. It's kind of nice to be able to leave it to itself and there's no clicking of a button to artificially give you more money. And anything that sits around for more than 8 hours is going to be instantly completeable on return.

(I need more hamlets too)

(Or maybe just a way to convert this mountain of meat I have into some other prestige)

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Eldercain posted:

I'm only now getting to the point where I don't usually have some post-village to babysit while everything else runs itself. It's kind of nice to be able to leave it to itself and there's no clicking of a button to artificially give you more money. And anything that sits around for more than 8 hours is going to be instantly completeable on return.

(I need more hamlets too)

(Or maybe just a way to convert this mountain of meat I have into some other prestige)

I'd just love if the number of hamlets you could build increased in price in a fairly punishing ratio, but enough to keep things moving.

When I get home I'll look at the code. Maybe it's possible.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'd just love if the number of hamlets you could build increased in price in a fairly punishing ratio, but enough to keep things moving.

When I get home I'll look at the code. Maybe it's possible.

The code is a disaster zone, as a heads up. I'm sure it would be possible if you tweaked the code around the upgrade to have no limit and increase as some function, but good luck.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Just ran into a pretty stupid exploit in Matter of Scale. If you get a manager that has %decrease to building cost, you can unassign and reassign them and the %decrease is additive. I have a manager that is 10% decrease and building cost and if I assign>unassign>assign etc the build cost goes down to 0 after 10 times.

I wonder if this works for all of the other attributes...

Garfu fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 11, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Garfu posted:

Just ran into a pretty stupid exploit in Matter of Scale. If you get a manager that has %decrease to building cost, you can unassign and reassign them and the %decrease is additive. I have a manager that is 10% decrease and building cost and if I assign>unassign>assign etc the build cost goes down to 0 after 10 times.

I wonder if this works for all of the other attributes...

:( it's not working for me with a 2% decrease manager. Is that your only manager and do you have maxed price decrease? The second I can get but if that's a 1 manager exploit I'll have to hard reset, ugh.

e: Oh and is the price decrease of buildings his only feature? Might also be why my price decrease guy isn't doing the same since he also automates tier 4 buildings and carries a base income of 7.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 11, 2014

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I have 2 managers, the second one is unassigned. I'll try to get another manager with that attribute and see if it works, or if only that manager is bugged.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008
It works, but only on the buildings that are currently in progress. New buildings don't get the crazy broken bonus.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The Pell posted:

It works, but only on the buildings that are currently in progress. New buildings don't get the crazy broken bonus.

Only on the hamlet/village etc that's in progress, for clarification. You have to re do it for each entity.

edit: I take that back, it works on every village currently in your queue.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh hey, you can hold down the buttons in Matter of Scale and it keeps buying stuff. That's helpful, more of these games should have something like that. Adventure Capitalist needs a buy 1000/max button.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I ran into a bug once with my first manager which had a 2% cost reduction and then two properties listed as "unknown". Occasionally if I finished something they were assigned to it would give credit but not consume the instance, so I could just mash on it forever. I refreshed and retrained her so as to not beat the game in 2 seconds.

The managers are buggy which sucks because if you have the votes to reroll them they can be fabulously strong.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Which research should I focus on in Matter of Scale? I've been trying to get +upgrade rate and -building cost but would it be better to go towards autobuy?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Grey Elephants posted:

Which research should I focus on in Matter of Scale? I've been trying to get +upgrade rate and -building cost but would it be better to go towards autobuy?

Those upgrades are fine and dandy for active play and help in idling, but autobuy is the only way to actually have hamlets finish themselves while you sleep, so neglecting it is less great unless you know you'll be playing for a while without wanting to do other things.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Even just having one point in autocomplete and the first 5 buildings will get you a buttload of free prestige as you idle.

Personally I max the flat money/time one because it's cheap and lets you get off the ground faster on your low-prestige areas, then I max out -building cost and the one where it takes more buildings for the price to go up. Both of those probably have more effect on how fast locations finish than putting the mountains of points it takes to max out an autobuy + the associated price reduction.

After those max, I typically max out building 5, then the second to last one since it's the most cost effective building and income locations are the slowest. Autocomplete max, then I work my way down the chain. I leave flat money and upgrade points for last (although I'll often get the first point of upgrade since 0->15 is a lot and it's good finishing income places faster when you're active).

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

If I get an autobuy for a building that's locked out to start, how does it work? Does it unlock it for me? Does it just hold the resources in reserve until I unlock it?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Nolanar posted:

If I get an autobuy for a building that's locked out to start, how does it work? Does it unlock it for me? Does it just hold the resources in reserve until I unlock it?

I was curious about this too so I just tried it. It reserves/purchases the building normally without unlocking it for manual purchase. It will even give you the option to use upgrade to double its income once you've got one of them completed.

It's worth noting that income reserves in the order the list is in, so you may not see much at the beginning if you have large amounts of reserving purchased.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mine Defense 1.0 is out with a bunch of new buildings and upgrades and at least two new currencies. So if you played before and haven't in awhile you might want to check it out.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Welp, 50 new upgrades, and i could only buy 7 of em with my 1 month of idle'ing a maxed out empire.

Looking forward to playing MineDefense again, its still my favorite idler/incremental, after having played "all of them" extensively.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ineptitude posted:

Welp, 50 new upgrades, and i could only buy 7 of em with my 1 month of idle'ing a maxed out empire.

Looking forward to playing MineDefense again, its still my favorite idler/incremental, after having played "all of them" extensively.

I'm grinding out battles to earn the trust of dragons or some poo poo. I didn't bother to battle once I didn't have any other reasons to. Welp.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So close... and yet so far.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
The alchemy system in Mine Defense is baffling me. Is there a way to automate getting great gems so I can automatically get sandshrews like it's telling me to or do I need to keep manually trading up normal gems?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The first building you can build automates gem combining, but to do that you have to alchemize a ton of things first.

It's another iteration of MD's "make the player use a subsystem a bunch to unlock something that renders it automatic or obsolete" pattern.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 14, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Not sure about this one yet:

http://www.santaception.com/

It's seasonally appropriate with a weird prestige system that's kind of neat and kind of annoying.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

My save data for Mine Defense which had all the pre-1.0 achievements is gone and I'm back at square one. Looks like I won't get around to seeing the new content right away after all!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

delfin posted:

So close... and yet so far.

I'm glad you did it so I don't have to. I'd heard in the chat on Kongregate that the endgame is an enormous grind after you get all the upgrades/achievements.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Wait, there's an endgame beyond getting all the upgrades and achievements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So I have the archery thing and about 10 hunters now, what is the next step? I can't build anymore buildings and the adamantium cost on the hunters is prohibitively high.

• Locked thread