Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Guru Yaekob posted:

gently caress all of the middle east.

Except Jordan. They have Star Trek amusement park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
unfolds black banner, presses it up against the window: "There is no god but god and Muhammad is his prophet"

flips banner over, revealing second message: "Ethics in video games journalism"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

does Australia even have troops active in Iraq/Afghanistan?

yea

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Omi-Polari posted:

unfolds black banner, presses it up against the window: "There is no god but god and Muhammad is his prophet"

flips banner over, revealing second message: "Ethics in video games journalism"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hingehead posted:

Except Jordan. They have Star Trek amusement park.

Especially gently caress Jordan.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah my brother said they are some bad rear end motherfuckers too.

Chatterbox
Jul 17, 2014

When the going gets weird, the weird go professional.

Plafop posted:

Quick reminder for any FUCKTARDS in the thread: Islam is a religion of PEACE

It's not about the religion, it's about the vile things that are carried out in the name of the religion, any religion can be wielded as an olive branch of peace, or a big loving stick with which to slay your enemies. Which is to say anyone who doesn't believe in the same stupid story as I do deserves to be beheaded, because as we all know that is where the soul resides and when you cut the head from the enemy you also trap his soul.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

has anyone mentioned yet that this is australia's chickens coming home to roost

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Let's hope the Aussies are a little more competent at hostage rescue than Spetsnaz

Releasing aerosol fentanyl into that theater was one of the most ridiculous things ever.

Although if the terrorists in that situation had detonated the bombs, it would have killed everyone in the theater so I guess 100 and something gassed to death beats 800 dead in a building collapse.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

Just heard the suspects have demanded to have an open discussion about boob armor in RPGs.

Chatterbox
Jul 17, 2014

thunderspanks posted:

so what you're really saying here is gently caress brown people

Not ALL Brown people, just the sandy vagina brown people.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TEAYCHES posted:

Maybe "emus coming home to roost" makes more sense.

Edit: googling whether emus roost or not

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

evanstheone posted:

Releasing aerosol fentanyl into that theater was one of the most ridiculous things ever.

Although if the terrorists in that situation had detonated the bombs, it would have killed everyone in the theater so I guess 100 and something gassed to death beats 800 dead in a building collapse.

Was there not a sleeping gas they could have used that would be fast acting and less deadly?

I don't know I'm not a :gas: expert

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The loving inflatable teddy bear being reflected in the window in one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
This poo poo better wrap up quick its getting late over here.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chatterbox posted:

It's not about the religion, it's about the vile things that are carried out in the name of the religion, any religion can be wielded as an olive branch of peace, or a big loving stick with which to slay your enemies. Which is to say anyone who doesn't believe in the same stupid story as I do deserves to be beheaded, because as we all know that is where the soul resides and when you cut the head from the enemy you also trap his soul.

The first two letters in ISIS mean Islamic State.

Pretty sure it's about religion their leader has a doctorate in it.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Guru Yaekob posted:

This poo poo better wrap up quick its getting late over here.

Well they are in a coffee shop, I bet the terrorists are giving them all coffee enemas as revenge for the CIA thing.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Alan Smithee posted:

Last month an Australian jet patrolling over Iraq found an ISIS position which resulted in over 100 deaths to ISIS, with that, air strikes, aid and such they are taking an active role in the Middle East.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
muslims give islam such a bad name! it pisses me off because it's such a beautiful religion. etc etc

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Was there not a sleeping gas they could have used that would be fast acting and less deadly?

I don't know I'm not a :gas: expert

Probably not.

Sedation is extremely precise, which is why so many people died from it. Only one of the 133 hostages was killed by gunshot wounds.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Well this is going to be a poo poo week.

Also gently caress Seven for broadcasting live like a bunch of stupid cunts, props to ABC for actually covering as a news outlet should.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

im shocked that you would take muslims at face value when their very religion encourages them to lie to kafir

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Obsidius posted:

Last month an Australian jet patrolling over Iraq found an ISIS position which resulted in over 100 deaths to ISIS, with that, air strikes, aid and such they are taking an active role in the Middle East.

Bravo then, gently caress ISIS.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

SpeedGem posted:

Well they are in a coffee shop, I bet the terrorists are giving them all coffee enemas as revenge for the CIA thing.

I guess they are in the crem del a crem of places to be held hostage...they could be in a piss ridden subway.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Guru Yaekob posted:

Yeah my brother said they are some bad rear end motherfuckers too.

yeah, our SAS troops are seriously top notch motherfuckers.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
Very strange how the religion founded by an Arabic pedophile warlord is having trouble with religious pluralism.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

im shocked that you would take muslims at face value when their very religion encourages them to lie to kafir

I dunno dude, when Mo beheaded the captive 600 jews in a single day I thought George RR Martin snuck into my house and edited poo poo because it read like Game of Thrones.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Robbie Fowler posted:

Second Commando have this one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Robbie Fowler posted:

one thing, why did they call em SAS too? That's just confusing and makes me think they are still pining for old England

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Alan Smithee posted:

We sent like three thousand people to Iraq to combat IS a few months ago, and IS specifically said they'd kill us all.

This is probably just a crazy sympathizer/couple sympathizers though, like the last time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Peccadillo posted:

We sent like three thousand people to Iraq to combat IS a few months ago, and IS specifically said they'd kill us all.

This is probably just a crazy sympathizer/couple sympathizers though, like the last time.

bunch of people sent troops though. Hell Muslim countries have sent air support and are geographically closer, so it's like why so mad at Australia?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

they were saying it wasn't an ISIS but some other Islamic writing on black? Which I guess is reassuring?

I bet the flag says "We won't hurt anybody and are giving people footrubs in here, do not disturb."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They declared a war on Christmas .... and now Christmas fights back

Just in case you thought I was kidding, channel 7 seems to be broadcasting a speech from a Christmas tree in response to the attack:

(They're waiting for Tony Abbott to turn up and address the media but he's dawdling and keeping them waiting)

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Chatterbox posted:

You don't know frustration until about 15 of these fuckers walk into your restaurant 10 minutes before closing, even after you have mopped and swept every corner of the store, it's like a tornado. They all order specific sandwiches, with a beverage and a bag of chips, when close comes along you're left with a giant mess and you wind up not getting to leave until an hour after closing. Now I'm not generalizing all muslims, but that group was particularly rude, arrogant, thoughtless, and brutish. I mean every race has it's red neck conservative ultra-religious zealots. However I used a racial slur, it's only because my experience as a whole with that race of people has been negative, though not entirely negative.

Fucken specific sandwich ordering cunts

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Rougey posted:

Well this is going to be a poo poo week.

Also gently caress Seven for broadcasting live like a bunch of stupid cunts, props to ABC for actually covering as a news outlet should.

It's not live. They explained that earlier. All media have been moved to locations where they have no line of sight and the Channel 7 building has been evacuated. Was surprised ABC didn't blur the faces of the hostages like 7 did.

Media now reporting there could be a lot more hostages than first thought. AFP now on scene.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

bunch of people sent troops though. Hell Muslim countries have sent air support and are geographically closer, so it's like why so mad at Australia?

because its probably some unhinged nutcase like the canada guys who was too big of a pussy to actually go to syria

Chatterbox
Jul 17, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

You missed the point of it mate, someone said Islam is a peaceful religion, and I'm sure that could be true if these cockheads would just stop getting all pissed about circumcision or whatever the gently caress they are pissing themselves over. Either way it's just an excuse for these criminals to carry out their agenda, make massive amounts of money, and spread worldwide terror. The smart thing would to do is not get involved, but Murica is all about that freedom, and we gotta spread that poo poo like herpes.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The oppressed have a legitimate right to defend themselves. If it had been our countries under siege we would've done the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Pleeeease don't say anything dumb you big eared fuckwit...

• Locked thread