Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Start alchemizing wyverns to produce adamantium faster.

The real limiting factor on hunters seems to be flax, even with farms above level 70 it's produced ridiculously slow and it takes forever to upgrade farms at that point.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

So I have the archery thing and about 10 hunters now, what is the next step? I can't build anymore buildings and the adamantium cost on the hunters is prohibitively high.

Start doing conquests. Apparently the last shrine unlocks at 10k.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

neogeo0823 posted:

Wait, there's an endgame beyond getting all the upgrades and achievements?
I'm restarting every four days or so to get more AIs, but that's not really an endgame per se.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Not sure about this one yet:

http://www.santaception.com/

It's seasonally appropriate with a weird prestige system that's kind of neat and kind of annoying.

Played it for two hours; don't like it. It has pretty graphics, but the gameplay is like a poorly balanced Cookie Clicker with an artificial time limit. I prefer the other Christmas-themed incremental from last year.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Len posted:

Start doing conquests. Apparently the last shrine unlocks at 10k.

Oh gently caress me I have 800 or so from before since it was a good source of steel, but unless your army gets crazy strong with dragon upgrades that's gonna take forever.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Trying to get to 200 Hive Queens is a hell of a grind (which wouldn't be that bad, except I have to babysit the game and constantly buy sandshrews). Anything else I should/can do other than converting sandshrews to gold?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Oh gently caress me I have 800 or so from before since it was a good source of steel, but unless your army gets crazy strong with dragon upgrades that's gonna take forever.

There's a cemetery that unlocks where they get a %boost for each dead soldier. But it's still taking forever. I'm at a little over 5k now. You get the first shrine at 2k and the second at 4k I think.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Len posted:

There's a cemetery that unlocks where they get a %boost for each dead soldier. But it's still taking forever. I'm at a little over 5k now. You get the first shrine at 2k and the second at 4k I think.

Oh you are kidding. I'm getting maybe 3-4 victories with a full garrison at 940 right now I don't know how you're supposed to grind to 2k

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eldercain posted:

Oh you are kidding. I'm getting maybe 3-4 victories with a full garrison at 940 right now I don't know how you're supposed to grind to 2k

In my case I've been idling with nothing to gain since the last update so I pumped my population to 10k, have trained my troops and have honed weapons. Supposedly he's working on a balance patch based on posts in the subreddit.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Merijn posted:

I'm glad you did it so I don't have to. I'd heard in the chat on Kongregate that the endgame is an enormous grind after you get all the upgrades/achievements.

Well, I'd argue that the endgame _is_ getting all the upgrades/achievements. In about a day, I went from spending a day getting to 5 sexagintillion to getting there with ease thanks to a couple of resets; in about 11 unsexagintillion I finish off the last achievements and I'm not sure what else there is to do until the next set of updates.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This one is interesting: http://armorgames.com/play/16139/must-a-mine

I'm nervous about the premium stuff though.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Eldercain posted:

1. Get Easy Auto Clicker 2.0 (when pressing F7 you mouseclick at a huge rate, i use 20 miliseconds intervals for Mine Defense and it doesn't seem to have any problems registering all of them)
2. Open the Blacksmith screen in your city view
3. Change to the Campaign tab (the blacksmith screen will persist when changing to the campaign tab)
4. Click F7 to autoclick on the Launch Campaign button until the enemy strength starts being equal to your own, hit F7 again to stop
5. Then hit F7 and bomb the enemy strength down to 25 on the blacksmith screen which you have open in your battle tab (you shouldn't notice the mana cost from this, for me it costs 10^18 mana to bomb and i have 10^27 mana)
6- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until your population is like 50.
7. Wait for a few mins, repeat step 4-6

You can rack up your conquests in no time like this, i got to 2300 won campaign in like 30 minutes? There are several new upgrades that boosts your population growth, im getting 8 per tick for example.
You also want to boost your army power so that you get more army strength per citizen, this is done in both the campaign tab ("Train your soldiers!") and in the blacksmith menu ("Hone Weapons")

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 15, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My holdup now is food. Dragons are expensive yo.

Edit:

The dragon went from an egg to small after being fed 1000 times. He upgraded again at level 10k. Level 30k he still hasn't leveled up again.

Len fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 15, 2014

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So I think I finished the santa game? I delivered to the world but it still keeps going and I'm not sure I give a poo poo about making numbers bigger in another cookie clicker exact clone.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Multiplayer idle game. Currently a massive battle to fight a newly released tier of tower.

COME HELP:

http://104.236.7.29:3001/

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Now the dragon costs population. :suicide:

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

something posted:

Multiplayer idle game. Currently a massive battle to fight a newly released tier of tower.

COME HELP:

This is kinda fun, it has some potential.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
There's some pretty intense bid wars going on for the highest tier loot.

Which is funny when you watch it cause atm there's a bug where the top 3 tiers of loot don't have their own colour rarity so it defaults to the lowest tier grey

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Uh, so I tried using 'Gary's Autoclicker' (or something? Icon is a big red A) on Clicker Heroes, but when I turned it on all the hits showed things like LOL, NOPE, MISS instead of the damage numbers. Does it somehow detect the autoclicker?

delfin posted:

Well, I'd argue that the endgame _is_ getting all the upgrades/achievements. In about a day, I went from spending a day getting to 5 sexagintillion to getting there with ease thanks to a couple of resets; in about 11 unsexagintillion I finish off the last achievements and I'm not sure what else there is to do until the next set of updates.

Yeah I meant that, my bad. The 'late endgame' is getting the last few upgrades, long after all the achievements are finished and there's still 6 orders of magnitude to bridge.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Merijn posted:

Uh, so I tried using 'Gary's Autoclicker' (or something? Icon is a big red A) on Clicker Heroes, but when I turned it on all the hits showed things like LOL, NOPE, MISS instead of the damage numbers. Does it somehow detect the autoclicker?

Yeah I meant that, my bad. The 'late endgame' is getting the last few upgrades, long after all the achievements are finished and there's still 6 orders of magnitude to bridge.

Clicker heroes does that if you're holding down the shift, ctrl, or z keys (the buy 10, 25, or 100 item keys) when you click. You're still doing damage though, it just doesn't tell you that you are.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ineptitude posted:

1. Get Easy Auto Clicker 2.0 (when pressing F7 you mouseclick at a huge rate, i use 20 miliseconds intervals for Mine Defense and it doesn't seem to have any problems registering all of them)
2. Open the Blacksmith screen in your city view
3. Change to the Campaign tab (the blacksmith screen will persist when changing to the campaign tab)
4. Click F7 to autoclick on the Launch Campaign button until the enemy strength starts being equal to your own, hit F7 again to stop
5. Then hit F7 and bomb the enemy strength down to 25 on the blacksmith screen which you have open in your battle tab (you shouldn't notice the mana cost from this, for me it costs 10^18 mana to bomb and i have 10^27 mana)
6- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until your population is like 50.
7. Wait for a few mins, repeat step 4-6

You can rack up your conquests in no time like this, i got to 2300 won campaign in like 30 minutes? There are several new upgrades that boosts your population growth, im getting 8 per tick for example.
You also want to boost your army power so that you get more army strength per citizen, this is done in both the campaign tab ("Train your soldiers!") and in the blacksmith menu ("Hone Weapons")

This is good advice, but for grinding straight up #conquests it's way better if you just mash yourself down to 0 soldiers, bomb them, then spam it. 5 soldiers for me is ~300 power so I can easily get like 20-30 victories before they get up to 70 and I have to bomb again, which is enough time to get my 5 dudes back.

Now I just need more flax, steel, and dragonscales. The orb told me I need water essence and I built/leveled it as much as possible this morning so we'll see if I have enough in the evening.

I guess it's worth mentioning that there's upgrades for having ridiculous numbers of each hireling now, so make sure you have alchemists plugging away.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

something posted:

COME HELP:

If you do join guys, seek me out and I can try to hook you up with some basic gear to start. We're all dogpiling the 6th level tower for now. name in game is paraguay.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

something posted:

If you do join guys, seek me out and I can try to hook you up with some basic gear to start. We're all dogpiling the 6th level tower for now. name in game is paraguay.

I'm in as friendlybee, I went to floor 6 and I'm hanging out.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
In Mine Defence, how do I get my mana up in the Qi range? I've unlocked Neurochrysalises, but I need lots of ants to make more of those, and I need lots of gems to make queens.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Elswyyr posted:

In Mine Defence, how do I get my mana up in the Qi range? I've unlocked Neurochrysalises, but I need lots of ants to make more of those, and I need lots of gems to make queens.

If I remember correctly, getting the imbuements and patience. Lots of patience (waiting).

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I don't remember that part of the game except that it was slow, but you basically need to just grind it until you have enough queens so that you can alchemize them, and then you need to have enough neurochrysalis that you can alchemize them. Once you can start turning gems directly into dudes, you just have to increase your gem output, which is either through a couple buildings if you have those unlocked yet, or by running the hell out of a clicker + putting all your mages on delving.

I remember it being kind of a pain in the rear end, but once you get the neuro train rolling you basically never need mana in any serious capacity again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
IIRC at that point in the game clicking to mine is your best source of high-tier gems, and it's a really horrible grind to get the gems to alchemize queens if you don't autoclick somehow.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

something posted:

In as milward. I am on tower lvl 6 trying to snipe an orange bow so I have full orange lvl 6.
So if you have any of those that would be nice.

EDIT: I just noticed the craft pane, any tips on how to proceed there?

milward fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 15, 2014

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Yeah basically you take the primary item (the thing you want to buff the stats on) and combine it with anything else of the same level. It has a chance to succeed. if it does, you gain 10% to the primary item's stats. if it fails, you just lose the item meant to be consumed anyways.

The lower tier the item you're using to upgrade, the less chance of success.

something fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 15, 2014

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

IIRC at that point in the game clicking to mine is your best source of high-tier gems, and it's a really horrible grind to get the gems to alchemize queens if you don't autoclick somehow.

I don't really run autoclickers most of the time and am content to play slow, but mine defense has been the sole exception to that. I believe it has a built in functino to set to autoclick, even.

I don't run it anymore since my statue and mages make most of my gems, but especially when you get the upgrade that makes your chance of getting gems tied to how many times you've clicked, it's like he's asking you to run a clicker.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

something posted:

Yeah basically you take the primary item (the thing you want to buff the stats on) and combine it with anything else of the same level. It has a chance to succeed. if it does, you gain 10% to the primary item's stats. if it fails, you just lose the item meant to be consumed anyways.

The lower tier the item you're using to upgrade, the less chance of success.

Thanks for this, now I got some +2 to +5 stuff already.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
+11 boots :smuggo:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Why is it all these things rely(Usually by having things scale so high both simply waiting or clicking wind up completely useless) on having an autoclicker? I can't understand it. It's like it's missing the point somehow. Or maybe I'm the one missing it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Bloodly posted:

Why is it all these things rely(Usually by having things scale so high both simply waiting or clicking wind up completely useless) on having an autoclicker? I can't understand it. It's like it's missing the point somehow. Or maybe I'm the one missing it.

Some of the best ones don't scale appreciably with clicking after the first 5-30 minutes simply because your time is better spent managing your resources than accruing them. It's weird that it's not universal though, since it's tedious and kind of physically uncomfortable after a while, and people will either run some js to click or pick up AHK.

I suspect it's a monkey see, monkey do kind of thing. A lot of people have an idea they want to go do, but the details aren't part of their vision so they just crib what others have done.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
"It works for Clicker Heroes/Cookie Clicker/AdVenture Clicker, surely it will work for me and get me loads of fans" ~MineIdleClick MachineWorldEmpire

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^Basically this. The funny thing is, the clicking is the part that worked the LEAST well for those things. That's why frozen cookies/AHK and stuff have been pretty front and center. If somebody makes a mod for your game that automates a simple task, it's probably because it is bad and you should provide a method for that automation in it's place. It's not hard. Upgrade: clicks 1/5/25/100 times per second or whatever. See: Derivative clicker.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone here still know anything about Sandcastle Builder? I did a hard reset after taking a look at the godawful endgame grind, and now I'm at the glass phase but I can't for the life of me remember how to get temporal duplicates. I checked the wiki, but it says the temporal duplication boost requires you to have Crystal Dragon, which in turn requires that Achronal Dragon has already eaten some duplicates.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

LAY-ZX posted:

Does anyone here still know anything about Sandcastle Builder? I did a hard reset after taking a look at the godawful endgame grind, and now I'm at the glass phase but I can't for the life of me remember how to get temporal duplicates. I checked the wiki, but it says the temporal duplication boost requires you to have Crystal Dragon, which in turn requires that Achronal Dragon has already eaten some duplicates.

IIRC, you need to hop through some time portals, which causes your NPB count to go up.

I also think you can still get the termporal duplication kitty, you just can't get the boost that extends how long it lasts, so that might work as well.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Time portals is more when you're resetting repeatedly for the bag prizes, particularly when your Time Lord levels have been boosted. When you're first starting out you want to Time Travel back and forth, accrue 30 temporal invaders (newpixbots), then Achronal Dragon them. Repeat 4 more times (for at least 100 eaten), unlock and purchase Crystal Dragon and temporal duplication is now available to be gained from kitties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
My favorite thing about idle games is the gibberish that is mechanics descriptions of the games one has not played. You should be spending your flim flams on time distorted doohickeys BEFORE you reset for extra plasma bongs!!

• Locked thread