Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Theory #1: Nyssa knows that Ollie didn't kill Sara and in order to find out who is truly responsible, she scoops him up from the mountain and gifts him a spa day in the pits.

Theory #2: Maseo is under the influence of mind-control plant and breaks free of it seeing Ollie die (we're shown in flashbacks why they have such a bond) and gifts him a spa day in the pits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was wondering if anyone here had only watched the Flash and picked up Arrow after the crossover, and what they thought of it.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Phummus posted:

Theory #1: Nyssa knows that Ollie didn't kill Sara and in order to find out who is truly responsible, she scoops him up from the mountain and gifts him a spa day in the pits.
Ra's absolutely knows this, and said as much in front of Nyssa. Right before Ollie pulled the rules lawyering "I can totally win by the power of determination" move, Ra's said something like being offended by Ollie taking him for a fool. I could absolutely see it being someone sent by Ra's to go pick him up so he can ask him some questions, all while being very disappointed in the kid who was letting his potential go to waste.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Isn't part of Ra's character that he is looking for some one to pass the mantle onto? Figure a guy that would rather die that give up his blood would be a decent replacement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Isn't part of Ra's character that he is looking for some one to pass the mantle onto? Figure a guy that would rather die that give up his blood would be a decent replacement.

Well as we learned in Batman Beyond he wasn't looking for an heir, he was looking for a new body to inhabit. Which resulted in the greatest moment in Animated Bruce Wayne history.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Well as we learned in Batman Beyond he wasn't looking for an heir, he was looking for a new body to inhabit. Which resulted in the greatest moment in Animated Bruce Wayne history.

No, that would be this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebI8H5nq5L4

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Funny enough its the same episode.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

If you can't beat him it's all meaningless, considering his mantle is "Killing a sizable percent of the world to bring balance back to it". He'd never pass over his role to someone that isn't as tough as he is. They'd just gently caress it up and die the first time they got tested. Lots of people love their family and would die for them. Are they also willing and capable of, say, killing every single living thing in North America? No? Not good enough.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't see why you introduce Hong Kong dude into this story unless he or Katana are going to be the one who saves Oliver. I think he does it and Ra's kills him for it, but Ra's lets Oliver live since he already died once and he knows he didn't kill Sara. But Oliver's commitment to die to protect the killer will sell Ra's and Nyssa on giving him time or believing that it was all Merlyn.

All that will play out over the next few episodes while everyone in Starling City thinks Oliver is dead. Nyssa will show up and tell them and everyone will grieve. Roy may take up the green hood and try and protect the city in Oliver's absence. Laurel will find out about Merlyn's role and don the Canary gear to help Roy, honor Oliver, and seek revenge for Sara and Ollie. Ray will don the ATOM gear and become the new star of Starling. Someone will have to figure out what to tell Thea.

The final shot of the next episode will be Oliver resurrecting after a fool episode of mourning. Then after a few episodes of recovery and politics with the League he'll return to Starling to everyone's shock.

Honestly, it all sounds like a lot of fun to me and a classic comic story. And I'm really interested to see how the Thea thing goes. Part of me imagines a scenario where they tell Thea everything, Roy puts on the green hood and Thea puts on the red one introducing her as Speedy. But its probably way too early for that unless they do a months long time jump. But even without that I'm really curious to see what Team Arrow tells Thea and how she takes it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

eNeMeE posted:

Ra's absolutely knows this, and said as much in front of Nyssa. Right before Ollie pulled the rules lawyering "I can totally win by the power of determination" move, Ra's said something like being offended by Ollie taking him for a fool. I could absolutely see it being someone sent by Ra's to go pick him up so he can ask him some questions, all while being very disappointed in the kid who was letting his potential go to waste.

I assumed that was the whole point of his pre-fight speech to Oliver about his first kill. Sacrifice for your family.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I don't see why you introduce Hong Kong dude into this story unless he or Katana are going to be the one who saves Oliver. I think he does it and Ra's kills him for it, but Ra's lets Oliver live since he already died once and he knows he didn't kill Sara. But Oliver's commitment to die to protect the killer will sell Ra's and Nyssa on giving him time or believing that it was all Merlyn.

All that will play out over the next few episodes while everyone in Starling City thinks Oliver is dead. Nyssa will show up and tell them and everyone will grieve. Roy may take up the green hood and try and protect the city in Oliver's absence. Laurel will find out about Merlyn's role and don the Canary gear to help Roy, honor Oliver, and seek revenge for Sara and Ollie. Ray will don the ATOM gear and become the new star of Starling. Someone will have to figure out what to tell Thea.

The final shot of the next episode will be Oliver resurrecting after a fool episode of mourning. Then after a few episodes of recovery and politics with the League he'll return to Starling to everyone's shock.

Honestly, it all sounds like a lot of fun to me and a classic comic story. And I'm really interested to see how the Thea thing goes. Part of me imagines a scenario where they tell Thea everything, Roy puts on the green hood and Thea puts on the red one introducing her as Speedy. But its probably way too early for that unless they do a months long time jump. But even without that I'm really curious to see what Team Arrow tells Thea and how she takes it.

Personally I'm on the edge of my seat to find out where the DJ subplot is going.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Oh man, old rear end in a top hat Bruce Wayne is my favorite Bruce Wayne. Batman Beyond is so incredibly dark, it doesn't get nearly enough love.

And I agree that having Maseo play a key role in the current day stuff is the only way they salvage the flashbacks this year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

Personally I'm on the edge of my seat to find out where the DJ subplot is going.

Roy is gonna flip so hard at him.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kibayasu posted:

I really, really hope Thea murders him.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

I dont know posted:

I really, really hope Thea murders him.

In the very first scene in the next episode, yeah.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Malcolm reveals that the DJ is his long-lost son and Thea throws up again.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

This would almost certainly never happen, but I don't want to be within a thousand miles of this thread if it does. The bitching over Ra's passing the LoA onto :byodood:A MAN:byodood: instead of his daughter would be absolutely insufferable.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Eddain posted:

Malcolm reveals that the DJ is his long-lost son and Thea throws up again.

Or he's Music Meister.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Warmachine posted:

Or he's Music Meister.

Impossible, he's not Neil Patrick Harris.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

JohnSherman posted:

This would almost certainly never happen, but I don't want to be within a thousand miles of this thread if it does. The bitching over Ra's passing the LoA onto :byodood:A MAN:byodood: instead of his daughter would be absolutely insufferable.

"How dare this centuries-old hyper-conservative villain character hold a chauvinistic attitude towards women! I thought Ra's Al Ghul was a feminist and now I'm so disillusioned!!!"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Impossible, he's not Neil Patrick Harris.

Not this early in time timeline, no. :flashfact:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Xealot posted:

"How dare this centuries-old hyper-conservative villain character hold a chauvinistic attitude towards women! I thought Ra's Al Ghul was a feminist and now I'm so disillusioned!!!"

If Ra's did have Canary killed after all, Nyssa not popping out little Al Ghul heirs is certainly why.

My current theory behind Merlyn's plan is he lied about the how, but not the why. Ra's forgives his blood debt if Merlyn kills Canary in a way that can't be traced to Ra's. Thea and Ollie are just patsy's.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

STAC Goat posted:

Dingle will be Black Arrow. Ray Palmer will be Robot Arrow. Merlyn will be rear end in a top hat Arrow. Roy will be Kid Arrow. And the Death of Superman parallel will be complete.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

imperialparadox posted:

Do you think that anything else will ever come from the book of names though? It's still sort of odd that several people apparently kept a list of the names of the participants in some shady business dealings. I always wonder if there is more to the list than that. :shrug:

(Not saying that I think it has anything to do with Argus though).

No that was the point to the list, it was a list of people making money off exploiting the city that those partaking in the Undertaking could blackmail for money or resources in order to achieve their part of the plan.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Soylentbits posted:

Dingle will be Black Arrow.

Hero, father, and ARGUS agent John Dingle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kibayasu posted:

God I hope so much that they just drop that character entirely. Ugh.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Off a roof with a few arrows or off the side of a mountain with a sword wound? Show has a penchant for dropping things this season.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Jerusalem posted:

I mean, he hasn't showed up since the club opening. Maybe that was just their idea of how to get Thea onscreen a few times before her arc comes up.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I mean, he hasn't showed up since the club opening. Maybe that was just their idea of how to get Thea onscreen a few times before her arc comes up.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that's exactly what it was. Or maybe an episode turned up a few minutes short after editing and they needed to fill the gap. Anything to make it not come up again ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Warmachine posted:

Off a roof with a few arrows or off the side of a mountain with a sword wound? Show has a penchant for dropping things this season.

"Oliver, the Lazarus Pit restores a life by taking another life. You live because somebody else died."
"Who? :ohdear:"
"The DJ from your sister's club."
"Oh :geno:"

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Phenotype posted:

Or, maybe he'll serve to affirm Oliver's philosophy that having this violent double-life makes normal relationships impossible. And she'll cut him out of her life, or he'll die as collateral damage before she can do so. It doesn't seem like Thea needs a romantic arc at all at the moment. So, it's gotta be something like that.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Marc "The Beastmaster" Singer is joining the cast apparently.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God this show is the best.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

Hero, father, and ARGUS agent John Dingle.

Husband and wife team, running Suicide Squad, Starring Harley Quinn and Deathstroke. It writes itself!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phenotype posted:

He popped up again briefly, hasn't he been seen on set in a costume? Like, isn't he the Pied Piper?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Phenotype posted:

Thea was talking to him on the phone in the crossover episode. I hope hes gone, but I suspect he will be around for short pointless scenes for a while until he moves to a new city to join Carly and is never spoken of again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My theory is that he was just a half assed love interest because the show wanted to put Thea/Roy to rest and show that everyone's over it. There seems to be no trace of longing or jealousy or anything there so I think they just wanted it done with so they had her kiss a douchebag.

But I could see him being Pied Piper down the line.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Soylentbits posted:

Dingle will be Black Arrow. Ray Palmer will be Robot Arrow. Merlyn will be rear end in a top hat Arrow. Roy will be Kid Arrow. And the Death of Superman parallel will be complete.

Steel Arrow
Arrowboy
Arrowdicator
CyBarrowman

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Arrowflip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Rhyno posted:

He popped up again briefly, hasn't he been seen on set in a costume? Like, isn't he the Pied Piper?

STAC Goat posted:

My theory is that he was just a half assed love interest because the show wanted to put Thea/Roy to rest and show that everyone's over it. There seems to be no trace of longing or jealousy or anything there so I think they just wanted it done with so they had her kiss a douchebag.

But I could see him being Pied Piper down the line.

Pied Piper has been cast for The Flash, being played by a different actor.

• Locked thread