Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Broseph Brostar posted:

Even though the perks are kinda meh post-DLC, the New Monarchy AR is the only good AR you can get from venders.

I got an Up For Anything from an engram with reactive reload and rangefinder. The high RoF belies its usefulness, it's actually quite stable. Could use more impact, sure, but I'd recommend that along with the Vanquisher VIII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
I'm running the Wakening mission on 30 if anyone needs it (it's been in my Eris bounties).

psn mantis0toboggan

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

gently caress youuuuu crota you piece of garbage! Eat sword!
Now to level up this sniper

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Eris Rank 2 gotten. Predawne shader + Hood of the Spawn is sweeeeet. Emerald Dawn bond is great too.

Happy to report the Hood is not a silly potato sack hat like Cloak of the Dusktorn

Roman fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 16, 2014

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".

GruntyThrst posted:

gently caress youuuuu crota you piece of garbage! Eat sword!
Now to level up this sniper

That was some sweet sword bashing. I wanted that raid sniper, but the rocket launcher seems pretty cool as well.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just destinylfg'd an attempt on Crota and I think I need to see a therapist. Hit me up if you have a group going to kill crota before reset.
Psn Nastrado

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
I'd also like to run through the raid on my 31 warlock alt, or at least join a crota kill group. I've done the whole encounter and killed him on my titan. PS4: freesoma

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
RNGesus smiled upon me today, I got my first Vision of Confluence in the VoG and then got a Plug One.1 fusion rifle in the Vanguard mail, with "kills increase reload speed," "reloads faster when empty," and Accelerated Coils.

Also finished the Crucible part of my new Thorn bounty :toot:

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
Goons friend me on PS4: KYFriedNate George Dickel and I are ready to serve as lvl25 warlocks

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The expansion really did a good job of getting me to play again. I went from 28 to 31 in like three days (Eris gloves, vendor hat and boots, upgraded Armamenmenmentariumumumum), ran hard mode VoG, got Mythlocast, a sweet 331 arc fusion rifle, etc and so forth. Still haven't done Crota, need like 385 helium to upgrade stuff to get ready for that.

I wonder if hard mode Crota will just be level 34 enemies when you are struggling to get to 32. Already seems strange that the level 30 raid basically means you have to be level 31 to not suck.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Fathom, I'm really sorry about that. Friend ended up telling me he could play while I was at my daughter's Taekwondo class and you slipped my mind. If it makes you feel any better, we couldn't kill Crota because he kept rebounding his shield after orbiting 5 times.

(I know I suck for doing that)

J2DK fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 16, 2014

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE
24 hunter lookin for people to do stuff with! chiangmang on PS4

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
I'm doing some earth patrols, if any one wants to join me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welp, 360 raid couldn't beat Crota. It was a laggy, buggy mess. Maybe next week though!

Also it kind of sucks getting a bunch of radiant shards and energy that are worthless at the moment. At least the first chest gave me Ice Breaker 2.0.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If anyone is clearing the raid tonight, I could really use the checkpoint right after the bridge. I've cleared the raid on all three of my characters, but I did not get the second chest on any of them, nor did most of my friends.

If you could let me hop in and grab the post bridge-pre singer checkpoint, I'd be grateful.

edit: off to bed!

victrix fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 16, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Raged posted:

Just destinylfg'd an attempt on Crota and I think I need to see a therapist. Hit me up if you have a group going to kill crota before reset.
Psn Nastrado

Sorry we didn't get him down to that prior :(

I have a souvenir for you though!

That could have been from any of 5 attempts :negative:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Iron Banner: http://www.bungie.net/en/event/ironbanner

5 ranks with Tempering, just like last time (I had heard it was going back to 3 ranks, guess not). Also gloves and boots again.

I might be doing this with any of you who will be playing, since I want to go for my Thorn bounty and I hear Atheon's Epilogue was actually good in IB.

Roman fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 16, 2014

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
level 31 gear, don't care. I may grind some rep to get another shader, but I thought they learned their lesson about crappy iron banner gear last time?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in it for weapons, I'm already level 31. And maybe shaders if they have new cool ones.

Will previously-earned shaders/class items/emblems still provide the 10% boosts, or do I have to re-buy new ones? How did it work last time?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah if it wasn't for Thorn I don't think I'd care. And I did enjoy playing with you guys last time, so there's that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

overdesigned posted:

I'm in it for weapons, I'm already level 31. And maybe shaders if they have new cool ones.

Will previously-earned shaders/class items/emblems still provide the 10% boosts, or do I have to re-buy new ones? How did it work last time?

Your old stuff will still provide exp boosts.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
331 Attack Jolders Hammer? gently caress yes I'm in.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Ajax posted:

331 Attack Jolders Hammer? gently caress yes I'm in.

If you can re-roll existing weapons to get higher weapon attack then I don't care, otherwise... ugh I might get to 3 to get a weapon or two in a random drop.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

If you can re-roll existing weapons to get higher weapon attack then I don't care, otherwise... ugh I might get to 3 to get a weapon or two in a random drop.

Somebody should test that out and report back.

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack
I think we're just looking for one more for Crota before the reset. Let me know if anyone is interested, hopefully a 31.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

God, I'm going to have ptsd from trying crota with redditors. If I was swordbearer shields wouldn't go down fast enough to get two strikes in per sword, and if I wasn't the swordbearer wouldn't do enough damage. One time he went enraged at 60ish percent :psyduck:

Commander Quack posted:

I think we're just looking for one more for Crota before the reset. Let me know if anyone is interested, hopefully a 31.

I'm down psn mrcitrus

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack

Mr.Citrus posted:

God, I'm going to have ptsd from trying crota with redditors. If I was swordbearer shields wouldn't go down fast enough to get two strikes in per sword, and if I wasn't the swordbearer wouldn't do enough damage. One time he went enraged at 60ish percent :psyduck:

Sure, add me on PSN at CmdrQuack.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Commander Quack posted:

Sure, add me on PSN at CmdrQuack.

Fr sent.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So they're really just going to act like Queen's event never happened. And I liked it, too. Here's hoping the weapons are good. I don't have it in me to rank 4-5 it all over again for three characters. But I'll do it once for my Titan to look awesome in IB armor and to get new weapons (the fusion rifle is stupid good, guys).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ularg posted:

So they're really just going to act like Queen's event never happened. And I liked it, too. Here's hoping the weapons are good. I don't have it in me to rank 4-5 it all over again for three characters. But I'll do it once for my Titan to look awesome in IB armor and to get new weapons (the fusion rifle is stupid good, guys).

Don't forget about that datamined exotic scout rifle. It looked like it might come from an updated Queen's Wrath event

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ularg posted:

So they're really just going to act like Queen's event never happened. And I liked it, too.
It's "back in the oven for a while." It had promise, so I hope they fix it and bring it back.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Wow Skyshock is loving absurdly awful.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

It would be fine as a control or ctf map. Clash it's pretty awful because of how easy heavy spawns are to control.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Yep

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I just noticed they haven't updated it except for the date and "level 31 gear" because it still says "Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved" and it's supposed to be reset this time

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos

fineX posted:

24 hunter lookin for people to do stuff with! chiangmang on PS4

Thanks for playing! Way beyond my bedtime now so I've gotta drop off!

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Bladedancers, your time has come. Great strategy for Crota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tMzvLBSp9A

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Running the weekly quickly before reset, psn slorojo if anyone wants to hop in and make it go faster.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Downed Crota with Dahbadu, Krampus, Luna, Fev, and aegiven tonight. :woop:

I'm a bit disappointed with Light of the Abyss. I was hoping for a unique perk similar to the Black Hammer but it is a 331 attack arc rifle and has hip fire/crowd control/enhanced battery combo. The starting mag is 7, so I think the enhanced battery will take it to 9?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Worse than even Bastion.

Roman posted:

I just noticed they haven't updated it except for the date and "level 31 gear" because it still says "Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved" and it's supposed to be reset this time

Seriously Bungie :effort:

• Locked thread