Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

His daughter is 22 so that time is now

Is she single because I believe I can pitch good basketball ideas to her dad in the form of dumb tech startup speeches

I will do this for you WhyteRyce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Is she single because I believe I can pitch good basketball ideas to her dad in the form of dumb tech startup speeches

I will do this for you WhyteRyce

Switch to lodging talk

quote:

@mr_jasonjones
Vivek on direction of franchise: "It's kinda like we were in San Quentin, now we're in Motel 6. But I want to go to the Four Seasons."

THIS IS MY OWNER

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Mine is just senile and looks befuddled when players served him food in a PR video.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Someone sell this dude the Lakers so basketball can finally have its Jerry Jones.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

WhyteRyce posted:

Switch to lodging talk

THIS IS MY OWNER

Looks like all your Cuban hate has came back to bite that rear end huh whyteryce :colbert:

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 17, 2014

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let's switch this up, what kind of motel is Philly? The Knicks?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Philly is a deflated air mattress in the middle of Times Square actively being peed on by Fireman Ed.

The Knicks are the same thing but with two guys who have strong accents telling you that it's injuries and also that Melo is a bum

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
The Knicks are Hotel Carter.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

philly is a time share that's under construction that you bought when you were hosed up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

the_american_dream posted:

Looks like all your Cuban hate has came back to bite that rear end huh whyteryce :colbert:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4704063/mark-cuban-i-feel-kings-owners-pain?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Mark Cuban: I feel Kings owner's pain

:colbert:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

straight up brolic posted:

philly is a time share that's under construction that you bought when you were hosed up

It's actually inhabited but there are no carpets, windows, or lights and everything is exposed concrete but the property manager swears to you that it would be totally awesome in 2-3 years once the construction is done and things start coming together.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Kings to introduce surge pricing on nachos at halftime.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Terry Glenn posted:

Kings to introduce surge pricing on nachos at halftime.

Vivek already suggested using real time inventory numbers to know when to slash the cost of hot dogs in the third quarter for customers who have a history of purchasing hot dogs and communicating the special to them via the Kings app

And the Kings have paired with Uber. I've got a $20 credit sitting around somewhere

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If a pro sports team ever got bought by a guy who couldn't drink alcohol for religious reasons do you think their league would allow them to consider stopping the sale of alcohol?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

WhyteRyce posted:

Vivek already suggested using real time inventory numbers to slash the cost of hot dogs in the third quarter to customers who have a history of purchasing hot dogs and communicating the special to them via the Kings app

I see reality has already progressed far beyond my bad jokes.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Vivek already suggested using real time inventory numbers to know when to slash the cost of hot dogs in the third quarter to customers who have a history of purchasing hot dogs and communicating the special to them via the Kings app

And the Kings have paired with Uber. I've got a $20 credit sitting around somewhere

Ranadive to join Mark Cuban on next season's Shark Tank panel

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Vivek already suggested using real time inventory numbers to know when to slash the cost of hot dogs in the third quarter for customers who have a history of purchasing hot dogs and communicating the special to them via the Kings app

Real talk in 20 years this will be the way of everything and no one will be surprised

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Ia it a $20 credit or a credit for $20 worth of bitcoins?

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
The hot dog idea isn't half bad in theory, but in practice there is no way I'm wasting my bitcoins (which I expect by 2020 to be the only accepted currency at King's games) on 3 quarters of Ty Corbin coaching 4 on 5 basketball for a 50% discount on 8btc hot dogs.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Blue hat you the real MVP

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My owner is using his private jet to fly a cancer pt to the Marian U's football championship game :smug:

Oh wait that's the NFL, my NBA owner is a cheap piece of poo poo who bilks money out of the city while making a tidy profit and would rather a possible championship core fall apart than spend 1 luxury tax dollar.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Nobody trusts G-Wiz

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

hitze posted:

Nobody trusts G-Wiz

that little girl grew up to be Pamela McGee

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Eltoasto posted:

My owner is using his private jet to fly a cancer pt to the Marian U's football championship game :smug:

Oh wait that's the NFL, my NBA owner is a cheap piece of poo poo who bilks money out of the city while making a tidy profit and would rather a possible championship core fall apart than spend 1 luxury tax dollar.

Bro we gonna get lance back calm yourself

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

It's difficult to be an insufferable genius who is actually retarded

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shear Modulus posted:

If a pro sports team ever got bought by a guy who couldn't drink alcohol for religious reasons do you think their league would allow them to consider stopping the sale of alcohol?

Question: Did the Hawks and Jazz sell booze at their games on Sunday when those restrictions were in place? Or did they, as I assume, get some sort of exemption?

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

Rick posted:

Question: Did the Hawks and Jazz sell booze at their games on Sunday when those restrictions were in place? Or did they, as I assume, get some sort of exemption?

Blue laws affect wholesale, not service. In Indiana the bars are open but the liquor stores aren't. Also I hate it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

pylb posted:

The Knicks are Hotel Carter.

Timberwolves are the Hanoi Hilton :(

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

Lockback posted:

Timberwolves are the Hanoi Hilton :(

Pacers are your grandma's guest room

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Noah loving owns:

quote:

Noah lost to rookie Cameron Bairstow in Tuesday’s final of the annual bowling tournament for a sponsors party. “I was really pissed off, man,” Noah said. “Because I’ve been wanting to win this bowling event for eight years now. I’ve come close. Taj was out; he’s the heavy favorite. And Bairstow actually rolled a 70 and was throwing it with two hands. So I was like, ‘There’s no way I’m going to lose to this Aussie.’ And he beat me and I was devastated.”

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Am I missing the reason the Spurs are favored over the Griz when Tony and Kawhi are out?

The Spurs are pretty dog gone bad when Kawhi is out.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bashez posted:

Am I missing the reason the Spurs are favored over the Griz when Tony and Kawhi are out?

The Spurs are pretty dog gone bad when Kawhi is out.

I dunno. Maybe people think Memphis is beat up from last night when they played the warriors and Z-Bo played like a million minutes

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Charlotte's getting an All-Star game, which seems dumb.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

PWI posted:

Blue laws affect wholesale, not service. In Indiana the bars are open but the liquor stores aren't. Also I hate it.

Blue law state bros :(:hf::(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I know nothing about the Charlotte area. Is there anything the typical tourist would find worth doing there, outside of the All-Star game?

E: also, is it a blue law city? All-Star games should never be hosted in a city with those kind of liquor laws

Kibner fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 18, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

I know nothing about the Charlotte area. Is there anything the typical tourist would find worth doing there, outside of the All-Star game?

College basketball

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Kibner posted:

Eat barbecue, visit the NASCAR museum.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

Eat barbecue, visit the NASCAR museum.

Well then, I see why you have reservations about it as a host city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't think the NBA will ever stop chasing love from Charlotte.

• Locked thread