Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That's horrible :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB · 3m 3 minutes ago

Comcast reporting #Oregon's All-AmericanCB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu will miss the rest of the season (knee) #FSU

This really sucks. Both for him, who was looking like a first round draft choice, and for the team. Not sure who else will be able to slow down Rashad Greene.

It's being described as "similar" to Pharoh Brown's injury, which was really terrible.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Comcast reporting #Oregon's All-AmericanCB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu will miss the rest of the season (knee) #FSU

Man, that sucks for him. But also: God loving dammit, why can't FSU loving die already? If FSU wins on a poorly defended touchdown pass I will... do nothing cause I'm a scrawny rear end punk, but I'll be mad!

Andro
Jun 30, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

Any repetitious sound can piss people off. I mean, they do stuff like that to break people during torture sessions. One cowbell is probably fine. 30,000 cowbells might really annoy you.

The Braves latched on, FSU invented it. It's still something unique to college football and it's also done constantly which is the point of this all. If UT played Rocky Top 5 times a game nobody would care.

It hasn't always been like this. When I went there, the band leader only used it for really big defensive stops. Seems like they've been using it more and more the last two seasons and that really diminishes its importance.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

alpha_destroy posted:

Man, that sucks for him. But also: God loving dammit, why can't FSU loving die already? If FSU wins on a poorly defended touchdown pass I will... do nothing cause I'm a scrawny rear end punk, but I'll be mad!

Just one more thing to prove that god exists and that he hates us and wants to laugh when FSU wins again.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I've resigned myself to Florida State bullshitting their way to a title, winning both games by a combined three points.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Lasagna Pilot posted:

poo poo he was the best part of the defense. This is like the fourth torn ACL that an Oregon player has had this year.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

CrumFUNist! posted:

poo poo he was the best part of the defense. This is like the fourth torn ACL that an Oregon player has had this year.

Bralon Addison in spring camp, Tyler Johnstone in fall camp. Apparently Pharaoh Brown's leg clusterfuck includes knee ligament injuries, but I'm not clear on what, but yeah, that would make Ifo #4 on the year.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I think my first words to hearing about Cutler being benched were, like most of us, "Jimmy Clausen is still in the NFL?"

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Crotch Bat posted:

I think my first words to hearing about Cutler being benched were, like most of us, "Jimmy Clausen is still in the NFL?"

Wrong thread. But I guess laughing at Jimmy Clausen always has a place in NCAA threads. Where's that pic of him with the rings.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sab0921 posted:

Wrong thread. But I guess laughing at Jimmy Clausen always has a place in NCAA threads. Where's that pic of him with the rings.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I remember seeing some colossal Michigan State lineman tearing the football out of his hands one time. It was like watching a nature documentary where the callous bull elephant seal crushes a pup under its bulk.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thoguh posted:

I've resigned myself to Florida State bullshitting their way to a title, winning both games by a combined three points.

That is actually preferable to Bama winning in my mind. My values are all kinds of hosed up, it seems.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't like any of the teams and don't want any of them to win, but I am now backing Ohio State so I can win at the pick 'em because I need them 39 points bad.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

Jordanis posted:

Bralon Addison in spring camp, Tyler Johnstone in fall camp. Apparently Pharaoh Brown's leg clusterfuck includes knee ligament injuries, but I'm not clear on what, but yeah, that would make Ifo #4 on the year.

Apparently there are 3 different *CL involved :(I

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Jim Radcliffe has lost control of his team ('s ligaments)

seriously though, that is terrible. I would love to see a healthy Oregon / Bama championship game. Two totally different styles of play would be fun to watch.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOtDB1SzSA

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Petition to just rename 2007 to 'That year Notre Dame started 1-9.'

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Slate Action posted:

Petition to just rename 2007 to 'That year Notre Dame started 1-9.'

2007 was basically the best football season ever.*

*excluding Iowa and Tim Tebow

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

OctoberBlues posted:

Agreed

*gently caress Oklahoma

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Thoguh posted:

roll drat tide

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jimmy Clausen was really good in college

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Jimmy Clausen was really good in college

Jimmy Clausen had a good junior season.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

*And when Dennis Dixon got hurt

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Jim Radcliffe has lost control of his team ('s ligaments)

seriously though, that is terrible. I would love to see a healthy Oregon / Bama championship game. Two totally different styles of play would be fun to watch.

FWIW Ifo coasted a little bit on reputation this year, and he has also been banged up. I don't think his injury will greatly impact the outcome of the Rose Bowl.

Still sucks, though :(

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Jesus trigger warning that please

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thermos H Christ posted:

That is actually preferable to Bama winning in my mind. My values are all kinds of hosed up, it seems.

My preference is

1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Alabama
4. Mass extinction event
5. Ohio State

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

My preference is

1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Mass extinction event

4. Alabama
5. Ohio State

fixed. if you think bammers are smug now, imagine when they can say "our lovely team we thought would win 8 games won The Very First Playoff"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thoguh posted:

My preference is

1. Oregon
2. Mass extinction event
3. Alabama
4. Die of Super-AIDS
5. Florida State/Ohio State

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

fixed. if you think bammers are smug now, imagine when they can say "our lovely team we thought would win 8 games won The Very First Playoff"

Fixed for both of you.

Oregon is the only champion that doesn't make me pray for an end to mankind.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

LeeMajors posted:

Fixed for both of you.

Oregon is the only champion that doesn't make me pray for an end to mankind.

I am doing the warchant in your ear.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am doing the warchant in your ear.

Maybe if Jimbo wins another title, he'll load up the Model T and drive to Cali-FORN-EYE-AYY and spend some time by the sea-mint pond.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Maybe if Jimbo wins another title, he'll load up the Model T and drive to Cali-FORN-EYE-AYY and spend some time by the sea-mint pond.

Ushering in an era of dominance by the the University of Central Florida.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I mean, our lovely team we thought would win 8 games at least made the very first playoff! :smug:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Not only that but our lovely quarterback we thought would start four games set the school record for yards and has the best QBR outside of Mariotta

I'll be okay if we lose after making this far, honest. Winning the SEC was pretty cool.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

Not only that but our lovely quarterback we thought would start four games set the school record for yards and has the best QBR outside of Mariotta

I'll be okay if we lose after making this far, honest. Winning the SEC was pretty cool.

You have to crush Ohio St and then lose to Oregon. It is decided.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

I'm pretty sure Ohio St is the only team that stands a chance of beating us tbh. Florida State is... no. And I think Oregon would just be blindsided. The Buckeyes have been through a hell of a lot this year and even though Urban Meyer probably couldn't care less that's probably given their team a lot of unity and toughness.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Thoguh posted:

4. Mass extinction event
5. Ohio State

down w/ this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

QTIYD

• Locked thread