Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
would the US win?
yes. america rules and the enemy would face terrible losses
yes, but barely. the coasts would occupied but cruz would be holding out in the rural areas
no, america would be wiped out.
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah if an otherwise obviously Finnish guy raps a whole lil wayne verse at me, I'll be like "yep here's the launch codes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Prawned posted:

that american defense budget is a good and true reflection of military capacity and definitely not a grossly overinflated example of abuse inherent to a capitalist system designed to siphon tax dollars to rich corporations who provide no benefit to the actual people of the nation

Also america hasn't really won a war since 1945 (which was only cause of the help from the rest of the world), and only chose to pick fights with people who were armed with stones and religion/communism.

Basically what I'm saying is that p much any other modern country would wreck america's poo poo 1v1

lol this guy, this guy is awesome

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

US would just destroy all soccer stadiums overseas leading to a complete breakdown of the opposing coalition.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

etalian posted:

US would just destroy all soccer stadiums overseas leading to a complete breakdown of the opposing coalition.

no becuse they would then stop beheading each other

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
The US navy would just hammerfuck everyone else. People saying that carriers would be taken down by barrages of cruise missiles are missing two important concepts. The ocean is big and simply finding the carrier groups would be a huge challenge, and the entire concept of an American carrier group is built around defending against incoming swarms of commie missiles. The whole conversation starts and ends with the navy if we're talking a defensive war against the world

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
it hink the Wii is a subtle and probably unconscious reference to WWII, where the japanese spirit was transformed forever into the boddy horror alien fuckfest jungian nightmare it's become

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Bishop posted:

The US navy would just hammerfuck everyone else. People saying that carriers would be taken down by barrages of cruise missiles are missing two important concepts. The ocean is big and simply finding the carrier groups would be a huge challenge, and the entire concept of an American carrier group is built around defending against incoming swarms of commie missiles. The whole conversation starts and ends with the navy if we're talking a defensive war against the world

:haw:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Bishop posted:

what does grover think tho

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

TEAYCHES posted:

what does grover think tho

A hand reaches out of a pile of rubble and passionately waves an American flag

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Pharmaskittle posted:

A hand reaches out of a pile of rubble and passionately waves an American flag

lol

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
if we continue to develop these extremely large laser weapons and rail guns there could be a chance of world domination :)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

http://www.military1.com/army/article/402211-how-much-stronger-is-the-us-military-compared-with-the-next-strongest-power

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Pharmaskittle posted:

Yeah if an otherwise obviously Finnish guy raps a whole lil wayne verse at me, I'll be like "yep here's the launch codes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVDr93UJQQ

theyre making progress

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

holy cow that poo poo is tight

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Frisbee Fuckers

naem
May 29, 2011

The only thing worse than America is EVERYTHING ELSE EVER

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Bitch we got lasers now and the labs almost done researching Rail Guns, gently caress your poo poo

As long as we don't have to hang out afterwards

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

gnarlyhotep posted:

holy cow that poo poo is tight

theyre already up to Run DMC 1990 tech. once they reach 2pac 1996 were in trouble.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Necros posted:

theyre already up to Run DMC 1990 tech. once they reach 2pac 1996 were in trouble.

oh I'm sure they're already prototyping the g-funk technology of Snoop and Dre

I give it 2 years until they're at late Outkast levels

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

naem posted:

The only thing worse than America is EVERYTHING ELSE EVER

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

duckmaster posted:

where is all the oil coming from to make your things work

From pages ago sorry but:

The US produces a lot of its own oil actually; we are one of the top oil producers in the world. In a total war economy I think we'd have enough for an extended defensive war.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

duckmaster posted:

where is all the oil coming from to make your things work

Jed Clampett, mother fucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwzaxUF0k18

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Okay, so we're assuming that nukes are totally gone, but everyone's conventional military stays the same? :confused:

IMO there's no way anyone's giving up nukes without first building up a conventional force to replace their deterrent factor. Especially if the USA is openly descending into fascism.

Really this is a silly hypothetical from the get-go. Like hell Russia's getting rid of their nukes.

Jeremiah Flintwick fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 20, 2014

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The United States has such a poo poo infrastructure system moving our ground forces around would probably be extremely hard, and our ability to deal with a invasion force once they got past the coasts would be extremely limited. This of course assumes that our enemies have similar equipment or higher numbers than us, and that of course they got past the laser ships.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alexzandvar posted:

The United States has such a poo poo infrastructure system moving our ground forces around would probably be extremely hard, and our ability to deal with a invasion force once they got past the coasts would be extremely limited. This of course assumes that our enemies have similar equipment or higher numbers than us, and that of course they got past the laser ships.

are you for real?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

are you for real?

We have been neglecting our roads and rail ways for decades, how the hell do you expert to defend one of the largest coastlines in the world with the inability to move armor and significant amounts of troops quickly? Somehow I don't think President Cruz is the public infrastructure spending type.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I've played Axis and Allies, I know how this plays out

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alexzandvar posted:

ya the largest and best maintained network of highways the world has ever known..... total poo poo yep

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

I've played Axis and Allies, I know how this plays out

Germany takes everything on the first round and then everyone dog piles on them?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

a starwar betamax posted:

ya the largest and best maintained network of highways the world has ever known..... total poo poo yep

Have you loving drove down I-95 lately? It is literally a 2 lane road with potholes when you reach South Carolina.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alexzandvar posted:

We have been neglecting our roads and rail ways for decades, how the hell do you expert to defend one of the largest coastlines in the world with the inability to move armor and significant amounts of troops quickly? Somehow I don't think President Cruz is the public infrastructure spending type.

If you say so chief

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

Germany takes everything on the first round and then everyone dog piles on them?

thats just history

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eisenhower justified the giant amount of spending on road construction in the 50's as a defense concern.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alexzandvar posted:

Have you loving drove down I-95 lately? It is literally a 2 lane road with potholes when you reach South Carolina.

have you ever been outsude of usa

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

VendaGoat posted:

no, everybody gets hella bored and quits to watch a movie and eat pizza

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

a starwar betamax posted:

have you ever been outsude of usa

European road construction tends to be pretty top tier, ofc when you hit Russia it's poo poo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

thats just history

That game sucked until we got a player who used Japan to invade the US. Axis won many time after that.

gnarlyhotep posted:

no, everybody gets hella bored and quits to watch a movie and eat pizza

that's the game I remember

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like who the hell defends the US's horrible roads in the year of 2014?

naem
May 29, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

I dot know what the gently caress Germany was even thinking but this is still the funniest poo poo ever

gently caress EVERYTHTING RAAAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alexzandvar posted:

Eisenhower justified the giant amount of spending on road construction in the 50's as a defense concern.

I can literally drive from New Jersey to Los Angelos.

• Locked thread