Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Cirrial posted:

Shark Game is now v0.7. I hope you enjoy. There's still missing images, so I'll be updating those in batches as I get them done.

Using skip gives essence without going through the gate. It also appears that the migrator artifacts don't do anything.

neogeo0823 posted:

I did this and it just returns "undefined" under it. I have Greasemonkey, but I'm not very well versed in how to use it. :saddowns:

It's normal for it to return an undefined.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Rynoto posted:

Ctrl+Shift+K to open the Console.
At the very bottom is an input box, paste whatever you want in there.
Enjoy!

I did this and it just returns "undefined" under it. I have Greasemonkey, but I'm not very well versed in how to use it. :saddowns:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cirrial posted:

Shark Game is now v0.7. I hope you enjoy. There's still missing images, so I'll be updating those in batches as I get them done.

Just went through the gate... this is weird.

Edit:
Spoilers for new ocean:
I'm in some weird hosed up ocean where all my creatures have a negative growth effect to them, I guess they slowly die. Different critters, I'm not sure what coral does yet

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 20, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

OG17 posted:

Is that one dogshit prize that breaks your game for a couple of bonemeal still around? Crunchy with mustard, I think?

Yep, still there, still waiting to reset your logicat numbers on you.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
For sharkgame, some of the recycler conversions are whacked out. I can convert a big pile of fish into an equal pile of what should be rare resources.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Sharks, does essence make resources? I'm getting crystals and don't know why. Also the art's adorable, I feel bad for starting an unfinished world. Is the marine world just the default?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo Shark Game got really complex. :stare: I have octopi and dolphins and whales and poo poo now.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

I'm actually not sure any of the unlocks after the gate work. At the very least the shark totem didn't double my science sharks output, if that's what it is supposed to do.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Shark Game is cool, the graphics are very nice and I like how the different worlds have different resources. Unfortunately I decided to try out a Climate 5 world with storms and there was no eat fish button, maybe spending my 2 essence on a totem beforehand wasn't such a great idea but :(

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I moved to a dark mysterious ocean and there's no Grotto so it's really hard to figure out what creates what. Is this intentional?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
If Shark Game has no EAT FISH button, refresh the page.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I think I love New Sharkgame. It's ridiculously complicated and the randomized worlds make life significantly trickier but I will never get tired of sneering at the dolphins.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh god, AdCap just updated too with a special Christmas event and another few levels of achievements and upgrades.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
So, for sharkgame, I was able to unlock the Whale Chorus but it only seems to give +0/s essence according to the grotto.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

In New Sharkgame, the description for shrimp says they gather more sponge, but according to the grotto they are in fact collecting algae. Not sure which part of that is wrong, but I assume it's not supposed to be lying to me.

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

Jack Van Burace posted:

I'm actually not sure any of the unlocks after the gate work. At the very least the shark totem didn't double my science sharks output, if that's what it is supposed to do.

I'm an idiot and now artifacts should actually do what they're supposed to do.

Sindai posted:

I moved to a dark mysterious ocean and there's no Grotto so it's really hard to figure out what creates what. Is this intentional?

You should still be able to research the grotto again.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Shark Game is cool, the graphics are very nice and I like how the different worlds have different resources. Unfortunately I decided to try out a Climate 5 world with storms and there was no eat fish button, maybe spending my 2 essence on a totem beforehand wasn't such a great idea but :(

I am pulling my hair out over this bug right now so hang on tight. Like Post poste said, if there's no eat fish button a refresh should be a good temporary workaround for now. My eagerness to release the game has been met with the rightful punishment for my hubris.

Rynoto posted:

So, for sharkgame, I was able to unlock the Whale Chorus but it only seems to give +0/s essence according to the grotto.

It's something ridiculous like +1 essence every twelve hours and I don't remember why I put it in the game other than as a placeholder for something in future.

LAY-ZX posted:

In New Sharkgame, the description for shrimp says they gather more sponge, but according to the grotto they are in fact collecting algae. Not sure which part of that is wrong, but I assume it's not supposed to be lying to me.

Guess what resource's income got changed like just yesterday. I've fixed that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I really like the AdCap update. It's the first time I've seen a game with clickable popups that accumulate while you're offline.

Cirrial posted:

You should still be able to research the grotto again.
I'm dumb and forgot you have to research it. I didn't need it in the first ocean since I remembered what stuff did. :downs:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Haha holy poo poo, I have so much poo poo that I'm not even sure what half of it does any more, I'm just going down the list and getting anything that says I can get a lot of it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

Oh god, AdCap just updated too with a special Christmas event and another few levels of achievements and upgrades.

Yep, pretty glad I didn't delete it all and start over now.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Sharks:

The recycler shouldn't have the 'convert to (item)' buttons be active if you don't have enough residue to make what you're after.

Kinda annoyed at the massive price jumps.

Not sure how to produce octopi and whales. There's no production option for them, and the planet I'm on has a malus to all living things.

Very much 'Settlers' at this point, what with the supply chaining.

Now on ice world. Wonder where the machine(That the game tells you of) to deal with Ice is? I've now been through almost the entire tech tree. No machine exists. The recycler can't take ice.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 20, 2014

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.
sharkgame is so good. the little touches and descriptions are just charming

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

Bloodly posted:

Sharks:

The recycler shouldn't have the 'convert to (item)' buttons be active if you don't have enough residue to make what you're after.

Kinda annoyed at the massive price jumps.

Not sure how to produce octopi and whales. There's no production option for them, and the planet I'm on has a malus to all living things.

Very much 'Settlers' at this point, what with the supply chaining.

Now on ice world. Wonder where the machine(That the game tells you of) to deal with Ice is? I've now been through almost the entire tech tree. No machine exists. The recycler can't take ice.

I'm beginning to think I didn't play test this right at all, I didn't have a very big pool of play testers before I decided to ignore reason and release anyway. Heater machines should now be available.

Price jumps for tech were a vain effort to make the game progression less laughably short and slightly more reasonable but they're subject to varying based in feedback. Price jumps for purchases go up linearly in a genre where every other game has prices that go up geometrically, so I would like to think those aren't too awful comparatively, but maybe they are.

There aren't producers for the octopuses or whales. The whales actually makes a little more sense with the idea of them being ridiculously expensive (which producers would bypass completely), but the octopuses were I guess an oversight when I was brainstorming ideas for things. I'll probably add some form of octopus producing resource tomorrow.

I'll look into the recycler issue tomorrow as well, for now I need sleep. Urgh.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What do eels do? I can't seem to get my crystal production above .05/s and I could really use more crystals.

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
I think Sharkgame just jumped to the top of the list of games to play, it's ridiculously cool :stare:

Also the performance seemed to go down the shitter when I entered a chaotic world after the first passing through the gate, everything seems really slow and sluggish.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Well I figured out what eels do. It's not make crystals. so it looks like I'm locked into .05/s for a hot minute. This is less than ideal.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah that happened to me too. Just keep researching and eventually you'll get something that produces crystals.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

sharkgame bug:

Sponge Farmers produce algae, but for some reason no matter how many I get algae production spikes then reverts to 0. It can't be down to demand because I keep making these and they've outstripped what little demand I had.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sindai posted:

Yeah that happened to me too. Just keep researching and eventually you'll get something that produces crystals.

My fingers are crossed it's jellyfish or clams. Because this is ridiculous. ):

Edit: It's neither of those. At least I unlocked the one from the original ocean. Now I just have to wait for me to get 50 crystals to make one.

Len fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 20, 2014

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Wheeee Sharkgame update! I just finished the old one yesterday so just in time.

Clicker Heroes: I've noticed light blue coins dropping since a few days. I dismissed the motd when I last refreshed, does anyone know what this is all about?

[edit] I think they're worth 10x normal gold coins.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 20, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KazigluBey posted:

sharkgame bug:

Sponge Farmers produce algae, but for some reason no matter how many I get algae production spikes then reverts to 0. It can't be down to demand because I keep making these and they've outstripped what little demand I had.

Algae demand cranks up rapidly with sponge stocks. You'll never have algae stocks for long.

Actual sharkgame bug: sponge farmers cost less residue than sponge itself.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 20, 2014

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
I just hit a waiting-brickwall, the gate wants 20m Sharkonium and 20k Sharks - that's gonna take a few hours.

e: Cirrial - I think it might be a good idea to put a few very expensive upgrades at the very end of the techtree, like efficiency multipliers and similar, so there's a use for science at the end of the techtree and the grind for the last slots is reduced a bit.

VenusInFurries fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 20, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Merijn posted:

Clicker Heroes: I've noticed light blue coins dropping since a few days. I dismissed the motd when I last refreshed, does anyone know what this is all about?
Did you recently buy Fortuna? The 10x value coins it generates are colored silver/platinum.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
The new shark game is amazing, so much more content!

On my second planet, there weren't any crabs, but you can still research kelp horticulture and everything, which is pretty much useless, isn't it? Is that an oversight?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Sindai posted:

Did you recently buy Fortuna? The 10x value coins it generates are colored silver/platinum.

Ah, that's it.Thanks! I've never bought that ancient before.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Shark Game: I don't know if there's one hidden somewhere, but a gallery for the little vignettes you've already seen would be nice. They are pretty cute :3:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Shark Game has been crazy fun, but it can definitely start to break once you get a few upgrades and know how to abuse the recycler with Clams.

<2minutes for world completions.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What is my whale chorus doing with its Eternal Song? I don't understand.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

nucleicmaxid posted:

What is my whale chorus doing with its Eternal Song? I don't understand.

Very, very slowly getting you essence. Really only worth getting if you're planning on leaving the tab open for a few days without messing with it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

Very, very slowly getting you essence. Really only worth getting if you're planning on leaving the tab open for a few days without messing with it.

I may have broken the game somewhere

v Here's the save, if you want. It was all done within the game itself.

<~Gaua<gQ'`:&;K'g&m$#'ce7n@L^Phm=D;1U>BkU/*4L(%/SHFURO\:&9^Fe;j*o>ilJ'%YK%ti>IQr=.H9&Xs:5,nm*n4eb>+t@K[jS:K,re$6%KRO%fk*I3d[J06a>8.AmbD0@OGZ%j)#0&O=!;2`B75gUR`DIRKpW&m=(i3Ng&_9e4(8fI=lBh-&#Io`/=s1D,__)_Vb;mKFL#B.!YK(`d_\h&JBHRIdLV'MYs:bDX3XmF/d^Er5h1._a/]Lt%-0Q5J`OBgMU^mjQM&O>KWHMq*bU^($E_oi_E':tkUj3,%N$(*N0LeXPLNe-N))5Y+hLiUdPaLj*Mp7jNNLK>"Y!@jBpgYJ;,\Djj5u->d(frc!'Stm'XYAB3(#Bp'VW8.%\^,W:]T4.=O>bP9FjH/Aj#(?0\3R:oEd[t=6hmUlt`L[]ukItmS&Ynr\P9;DQ.c0m!%0>UG.s[f(LM]>VD=IPB)Q$'2gYkp!Fmpe06'V^to*Zh9.rG<FD&<_Gc&!inP8o,%.RZ&%g\iCdg$X)&Wi.hN054VQ\!?C-Mj5UZ-kglMK\&4uF;9SgZ)2k1>t@S_Y+HRS]b@A16n7n[KZSH]3$_Hoh<UP]_7tHoWhFHWZ=nI\%&BjnSb%aa\q,GBI+dhC\'ajn\4N\S6#n!Jf$hRj'k0,F<(QjYfSe@/tZn&]XA$Ip)GOhmSpPmj>HpWk9t!*hT&7hi>n#hb$5mS,~>

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

Rynoto posted:

I may have broken the game somewhere

When I'm done with my heart attack I'll push a new update at some point today to try and address some of the post launch feedback and criticisms.

EDIT: Oh god I wasn't expecting anyone to have basically maxed out the artifacts that quickly. I knew the artifacts would make people's lives easier pretty fast but I didn't realise it'd break things this badly. I, uh, am not sure whether I should significantly nerf every artifact or just congratulate you on basically finishing the game as it stands now.

Cirrial fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 20, 2014

• Locked thread