Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

KiteAuraan posted:

Never mind that this has little to do with US production and more to do with total global production, supply and demand. It's all because of fracking and Obama is a dumb pee pee doo doo head. :shepface:

So, if the President is in the way NOW, how do we have more drilling?

"...I'll bitch and moan endlessly about "mah rights" at people who already agree with me and people with so little respect for me they won't even bother to argue back. Of course I was going to do that anyway so *shrug*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, but we don't actually know for sure if it does anything unless you're immunocompromised. Toxoplasma gondii is definitely a health risk if you have AIDS or are on some types of transplant medication though.

We also know that it causes behavioral changes in rats, making them less risk averse, and there have been a lot of pop-sci articles about how it does the same in humans, making women sexier and men more rugged or something, but that all reads like :biotruths: to me.
On the other hand, can you trust cats?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

KiteAuraan posted:

Never mind that this has little to do with US production and more to do with total global production, supply and demand. It's all because of fracking and Obama is a dumb pee pee doo doo head. :shepface:

Nevermind that fracking is for natural gas and not gasoline.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Also you have to practically eat cat feces to get it... and only some cats have it.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

TerminalSaint posted:

That's funny, I could have sworn that a few years ago the president was in direct control of gas prices.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

KiteAuraan posted:

Obama: p does not imply q
Reality: q happens
Conservatives: I GUESS P DID IMPLY Q, HUH?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The other image that's appropriate that I can't seem to find is one where the stock market is going up and down. Every up is labelled "our fault," every down "their fault." Same thing, really. Gas price is high? Oblammo's fault. Gas prices are low? It's a victory of conservatism and the free market!

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah, it's obviously black people's fault for how America as a whole doesn't care about black people and how often they get murdered by cops.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Yeah, it's obviously black people's fault for how America as a whole doesn't care about black people and how often they get murdered by cops.

Menace II Society (1993)

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Hahahahahaha, "us"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Vincent Van Goat posted:

It must be a slow Facebook news day if this is the only thing being brought up. I would have thought that someone would at least be posting something about Marco 'I am the voice of the Cuban People' Rubio and his hyperbolic critique of better U.S.-Cuba relations.

Must not be a lot of Cubans on Something Awful.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Mellow Seas posted:

Hahahahahaha, "us"

You laugh, but there are some people in the black community that are in almost lockstep agreement with white racists. Self-hate unfortunately is not uncommon in our community. :(

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.

Hm, nope. Can't say that it does.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ansiktsburk posted:

...Putin? Kim Jong Il? :sigh: I'm terrible at these.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Ansiktsburk posted:

You know, pretty much every communist government in existence came about from either 1.) a protracted civil war or 2.) a sudden, violent coup. This idea that communists gain power by slowly infiltrating governments and gradually changing it has absolutely no historical basis.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Blarghalt posted:

You know, pretty much every communist government in existence came about from either 1.) a protracted civil war or 2.) a sudden, violent coup. This idea that communists gain power by slowly infiltrating governments and gradually changing it has absolutely no historical basis.

Allende was pretty close but then we decided Pinochet reflected our views better.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Blarghalt posted:

Sure it does, just look at good ol' McCarthy! :v:

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
Wait, so everyone you don't know is a communist, will turn out to be a communist? That's ... a lot of communists.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hey, sick and tired of hearing about people defending torture, and then turning around sand saying its an outrage the US is ending a useless embargo with Cuba? Wishing you could go somehwere it would all stop?

You poor misguided bastards. THIS WEEK IN LL101!

All in one go today.

WHY WON'T THEY PARROT THESE BASELESS PARTISAN STORIES ALL THE TIME?!!?

Yes, I'm sure MLK Jr. was a Republican, which is why he said he always voted straight ticket Democrat, and voted for JFK.

Nice to see they can victim blame a corporation too.

Wow, its almost like in order to afford an extra expense as big as a cellphoneb ill, you may have to refduce your cellphone bill.

Remember that grade school teacher who wore a shirt with the outlines of naked men? Such an environment against men.

And thats why LL 101 has never banned a single person from their site.

It will benefeit illegal immigrants who can't access. but they'll DEFINITELY benefeit!

quote:

Feminism as all Leftist based philosophies can never withstand to light of reason, facts and truth, therefore they must propagate myths in order to “validate” their ideas. Here are ten of the more commonly regurgitated myths Feminists spew about rape.

1. 1 in 5…

The myth goes that 1 in 5 college co-ed have been raped. Sometimes it’s 1 in 4. Sometimes it’s all women. Regardless the version, it’s an absolute, complete fabrication. The number comes from a study of sexual assault on campuses done by Mary Koss in 1985 for Ms. Magazine. 1985…29 years ago!! And for Ms. Magazine…seriously?!? One of the questions was, “Have you had sexual intercourse when you didn’t want to because a man gave you alcohol or drugs?”…a yes answer, according to the study, meant you were raped. So if a co-ed got tipsy, slept with a guy, then regretted it the next day, she was raped? I can’t understand why it was just 1 in 5. From what I hear it should be more like 3 in 5 for today’s college girls. If they omitted the alcohol and drugs, and just asked if they regretted it the next day…it would be 4 out of 5.

2. Only 1% of rape allegations are false

First of all unless it’s proven to be false, it’s not considered false, so whatever number of proven false allegation are only part of the total false allegations. Second, the origins of this myth lead to claims of 2%, but Feminists strip it down to 1%, then claim the same source. The source? Actually nonexistent. It’s quoted by Feminsists citing “FBI studies”, but no actual link to any real studies is ever provided. The real stats? Peter Neufeld and Barry C. Scheck, prominent criminal attorneys and co-founders of the Innocence Project report, “Every year since 1989, in about 25 percent of the sexual assault cases referred to the FBI where results could be obtained, the primary suspect has been excluded by forensic DNA testing. Specifically, FBI officials report that out of roughly 10,000 sexual assault cases since 1989, about 2,000 tests have been inconclusive, about 2,000 tests have excluded the primary suspect, and about 6,000 have ‘matched’ or included the primary suspect. The fact that these percentages have remained constant for 7 years, and that the National Institute of Justice’s informal survey of private laboratories reveals a strikingly similar 26-percent exclusion rate, strongly suggests that postarrest and postconviction DNA exonerations are tied to some strong, underlying systemic problems that generate erroneous accusations and convictions.” So in about 26% of the cases DNA proved the allegation as false, and in another 15% DNA tests could not confirm the accused involvement at all…and those are just the ones that made it to the FBI.

3. What is rape?

Yet another myth Feminists propagate is a vacillating definition of rape. Some insist all sex is rape. Others say anytime the woman regrets having sex is rape. A female judge in a case about a prostitute who had sex with a man who refused to pay, ruled that it wasn’t rape, but theft of services. Feminists created such an outrage, the judge’s decision was overruled–making the violent rape of a virgin the moral equivalent of not paying a prostitute. And Feminists claim to support women?

4. Punishing false allegations will make women fear reporting actual rapes

This is the equivalent of claiming that punishing rapists will make men fear to have sex. A crime is a crime. If it is proven that the allegation is false, then whoever made the allegation has committed a crime.

5. Rape is worse than prison

Really? You understand what happens to men sentenced to prison for rape, right? And this happens repeatedly over years. Men have been exonerated of rape charges after 7, 10 even 15 or more years, and somehow this is less suffering than being raped once?!?

6. We live in a rape culture

This is another mindless slogan of the type Liberals drool over. It’s vague enough to be hard to start addressing it’s stupidity, and can be repeated ad nauseum by idiots trying to pretend to make a point. With very few exceptions Americans detest rape. Even those that try to rationalize individual incidents are left pretending it somehow isn’t rape. We live in a very promiscuous culture, something given to us by Liberals. So they say, “If it feels good, do it.” Then say, “However, if she regrets in the next morning, it’s rape!” Feminists claiming America has a rape culture makes as much sense as McDonald’s nagging us for being obese.

7. Men should be taught not to rape

Men know not to rape, they don’t need to be taught it. The men who rape don’t do so because someone forgot to tell them it was wrong. They do so because quite a few people told them that morality is relative; right and wrong are arbitrary concepts; and they can decide for themselves what values they should follow. Guess who taught them that?

8. Rape is the only crime where the victim has to prove they’re not lying

So, if I go to the police and claim that John robbed my house. I don’t have to provide to the police any evidence at all that my house was actually robbed, let alone that John had anything to do with it? Can I claim a murder happened, and not have to prove someone actually died, or that the accused did it? In fact rape is the only crime I’m aware of that you don’t actually have to prove a crime was committed or that a specific person did it, in order to get legal wheels working and someone’s life in total chaos just because you made the accusation.

9. Women don’t lie about rape

Really, they actually say this. I suppose they base this on the belief that women never, ever lie about anything, ever.

10. Men control society

This becomes a rape myth inasmuch as it provides a philosophical base for most of the rest of the myths. There are more women than men in our population, and women have the exact same right to vote as men. There are currently 91 women serving in Congress…that’s 17%. But even the men in Congress have women comprising more than half of their constituency. I know of few men who do not hold as sacred the concept that women should be protected, and cherished. We have laws preventing anyone from suppressing a woman’s right to exert the legal powers granted to men. The truth is women hold massive power, and can and do use it whenever they understand that power, and choose to use it. If men control society, it’s only because women have given us permission to.

Its starts with "This legal definition of rape isn;t rape - hell, I sued to do it all the time" and goes downhill from there.

Conservatives know to lie when presented with any of these questions.

quote:

In a video posted to YouTube the Mayor of Lake Worth, Pam Triolo and several commissioners can be seen leaving the room on Dec. 2, as atheist Preston Smith prepared to lead the invocation before a city council meeting.

Preston’s invocation invokes the names of Satan, Zeus, Allah, Jesus, Buddha and Thor among others.

According to WPTV, another man has put in a request to stand at the podium and lead an invocation. This time with a satanic prayer.

“We want to make a circus out of it,” explained Chaz Stevens. “We want to make a fiasco out of it, we want to make it so freaking, utterly ridiculous that they rethink this.”

Wait, I thought that Conservative Chsritians could take a joke and not be offended.

Caption applies just as well for MLK Jr.

quote:

Chaplain, Capt. Joe Lawhorn, conducted a training session on suicide prevention Nov. 20 at the University of North Georgia. During the session, he shared his personal struggles with depression while an Army Ranger.

What upset the atheist group is that Lawhorn explained how he learned to conquer adversity by following the example of Israel’s warrior king, David, one of the great heroes of the Old Testament. [It should be noted that David is a revered figure in Christianity, Judaism and Islam, and while it being called “The Old Testament” is a Christian reference, it remains the exact same text that Jews refer to as “The Torah” and Muslims refer to as “Taurat”]

A week later, on Thanksgiving, Lawhorn received a letter of concern from Col. David Fivecoat, commander of the Airborne and Ranger Training Brigade at Fort Benning, Ga.

Fivecoat’s letter faulted Lawhorn for “using Christian scriptures and solutions”:

During this training, you advocated, or were perceived to advocate for Christianity and used Christian scripture and solutions. This is in direct contrast with Army Regulation 600-20 and violates the Army’s Equal Opportunity Policy.

The letter, described as “administrative in nature,” also issued a stern warning to Lawhorn to be “careful to avoid any perception you are advocating one system of beliefs over another.” It will remain in the chaplain’s file for up to three years.

The question remains how does one avoid the “perception” created in the minds of idiot, bigots and hate-mongers? And why should we even care?

SOURCE: The Daily Signal.

I mean, its in the Abrahamic faiths, so thats eveything, right?

Because guns aren't the hardest working people in the coun try and the only people keeping it functioning?

Using a racial slur, celebrating heritage - the same drat thing!

Whats more amazingf than a man who didn't live to see any form of two way screen based communication remarking on it? Him coming back to life 57 years after death to say it.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/03/19/tech-surpass/

"Making a machine used to ki9ll is the same as suing for making something misued to kill. Also, LIBRULS LIBRULS LIBRULS!"

Yeah, oppose anyone who would give their country democracy. Now onto why the Founders knew what was best at all times ever.

And yes, I'm aware Hitler never once got a majority vote.

Hey, look at all those ISIS rallies that Man Haron Moris attended.

Wheres that quote by Russel Brand when I need it?

Theater - well known for including people whot ell the truth while on stage.

Seriously, how do you gently caress up this bad?

He clearly DESERVED to be persecuted into radicalisation.

A different country is having an incident that is only different from a robbery because of the motivations of the gunman? Clearly Americas civil rights atrocities are small potatoes.

quote:

A Long Island mother of three arrested for taking pictures of an Air National Guard base in the Hamptons ​– ​while ​armed to the teeth with a licensed assault rifle in her car — has been awarded ​$1.12 million​ by a federal jury over her false prosecution by Suffolk County authorities.

​The Central Islip ​jury ​on Thursday sided with Nancy Genovese, 58, in a 2010 lawsuit she filed against Suffolk County​, its​ Sheriff’s Office and other parties, ​claiming she was ​only ​arrested during the July 2009 incident because she belonged to the Tea Party.

Genovese was arrested while taking pictures of a decorative helicopter in front of the Gabreski Airport Air National Guard base in Westhampton Beach for a “Support Our Troops” website. She was charged with criminal trespass and spent four days in jail before the charges were dropped.

Southhampton cops searched her and found a legally owned rifle that she was transporting from a nearby rifle range. She contends a deputy sheriff arrived on the scene later and said to her, “I bet you are one of those Tea Party people.” When Genovese said she’s gone to Tea Party rallies, he allegedly said, “You’re a real right-winger, aren’t you?” and “You are a ‘Teabagger’” and then added that she’d be arrested for terrorism to make an example of other “right wingers.”

Read the full article at the New York Post.

Armed white right wing nutjob trespassing was awarded damages. But remember, NOTHING RACIAL in the deaths of Eric Garner or Micheal Brown.

Cops are so mistrusted by the community that African Americans would rather ignore a death than have the police make it so much worse. This is clearly the fault of BLACK PEOPLE!

"Look - he once rode a bike. WIMP! We're certainly adults."

quote:

The Senate on Monday approved President Obama’s nomination of Dr. Vivek Murthy to serve as U.S. surgeon general, despite opposition from Republicans and some Democrats over his support for gun control and past statements that gun violence is a public health issue.

Murthy, 37, a physician at Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital and instructor at Harvard Medical School, won confirmation on a vote of 51-43. He’s a co-founder of Doctors for America, a group that has pushed for affordable health care and supports Obama’s health care law.

Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., said most of Murthy’s career has been spent as an activist focused on gun control and other political issues, rather than on treating patients. “Americans don’t want a surgeon general who might use this position of trust to promote his own personal campaign against the Second Amendment of the Constitution,” Barrasso said.

Supporters said Murthy is well-qualified and noted his promise not to use the position as a bully pulpit for gun control. [Because Liberals always keep their promises]

Read the full article at FoxNews.com.
How dare a position devoted to saving american lives try to...save american lives.

Not liking gridlock? FIRE THEM!

Yes, founded after you illegally entered the country and used that to claim right of citizenship. Then killed the original owners. Sure is amazing how the rule of law didn't apply to that.

"People in positions of authority shouldn't be held to higher standards than crooks!"

Yes, because those were all the same government. Shomehow.

Yes, that does describe school of the 50's.

With any luck, we can trick Republicans into getting stuck in the ghetto for 10 years, leaving billions of dollars in flat packs to get stolen.

"But enough about Thatcher, lets talk about Clinton."

Says the man you can clearly see reading off the prompter.

How DARE the most popular living president still be involved with politics!

But remember, Tea Partiers always say what they mean.

"Leave me alone".

OKay, so you'll stay out of education, marriage rights, civil rights, taxation, energy policy - oh look, suddenly you want to dictate things. What a suprise.

Why are white people defending the right to not get shot, also defending the right to dow aht you want with your body?

Specifically, the Republicans in it.

"And when they reply back Happy holidays, don't let them see you cry."

Yes, those poor families in the middle class making over $460,000 a year. Why, they're just getting by!

Thay're actually pushing the delusion as a good thing. irony is dead, etc.

"just when we thought there's no way Hilary could win"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha...oh man, wow. Just, wow.

So they of course agree when Bastiat, in the same loving apssage, said that the law and the individual rights were one and the same?

Still trying to make it fly...and failing so spectacularly.

Since white people have proven racism won;t die while they're around, what other way to end racism is there?

An election with less than a third of the voting population. Never mind we disregarded an election from more than half the voting public"

Sorry, typo, should be "Backlash never appears in a way we will acknowledge despite a torture report. showing the human rights atrocities we committed."

If it ain't helping white people, CLEARLY it must be making things worse.

quote:

To call someone a racist is a serious charge. A racist is someone who believes that one person is superior (or inferior) to another person simply based on their skin color. It’s a belief that is both foolish and stupid. But conservatives are accused by progressives of being racist on an almost daily basis. Is it a fair accusation? Or, is it just political posturing? And, if it is political posturing, what does it say about the people making the charge? Derryck Green of Project 21 has some provocative answers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBAEJlR4pk
Lemme save you a few minutes. "Slavery and Jim Crow are over, and every African American is equally limkely to be born to rich white parents, so Democrats are the REAL racists for trying to fix issues and problems in society."

"and DEFINITELY not like Putin. Who is manly and good".

She thinks people are uninformed! Also, DEATH PANELS!

quote:

Roughly one-third of US adults are obese, which costs companies more than $73 billion a year in healthcare bills and lost working hours and productivity, according to researchers from Duke University.

The study has revealed US cops have the highest rates of obesity among any profession in the country. Along with firefighters and security guards, nearly 41 per cent of boys in blue are obese.

Social workers, clergy and counsellors come in second, with 35.6 per cent having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more – the standard definition of obese used by the study.

Home health aides and massage therapists are third at 34.8 per cent.

Surprisingly sedentary professions such as truckers, bus drivers and crane operators, come in only fifth in a group with garbage collectors on nearly 32.8 per cent.

The slimmest workers are economists, scientists and psychologists, of whom 14.2 per cent are classed as obese.
...what does this have to dow with Liberals?

We don't care if you're black or white, we'll respect you. But if you're black, we will label you a thug and not treat you as a human.

Yeah, remember all those times the other first ladies were mistaken for shop workers?

"And by tyranny, we mean any form of government that isn't 100% like us!"

How can they greenlight this fictional movie I made up and not publish the one they got terrorist threats about?!!?

And he went on to prove that in South America.

Coincidentally, all three were also favored by white people. Makes you think.

We have got to STOP gay people stealing children away from happily married couples.

Yes, I'm sure the people who do it to excercise power really do it because they think its okay and acceptable.

"Which is why you should listen to us and the nuanced thingsd we tell you. For example, Obama = evil!"

quote:

Yesterday, the Council of the District of Columbia passed a bill that could force employers in the nation’s capital to cover elective abortions in their health plans and require even pro-life organizations to hire individuals who oppose their views on abortion. The bill will now go to Mayor Vincent Gray for approval.

This latest attempt to violate the freedom of individuals in the District should spur Congress to better protect the conscience rights for all Americans.

The “Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Act,” specifically prohibits employers from discriminating in “compensation, terms, conditions or privileges of employment” on the basis of an individual’s “reproductive health decision making” – including the “termination of a pregnancy.”

In light of comments made by Council member David Grosso at a hearing on the bill earlier this year, the D.C. legislation could be interpreted to force even religious and pro-life employers to provide coverage of elective abortions.

Read the full article at LifeNews.com.
We can't discriminate anymore? THIS IS THE WORST TYRANNY!

Reagan once again proves he was never on the side of the little guy.

quote:

Eight dead children and a woman suffering from serious stab wounds were found inside a northern Australian home Friday, police say.

Police believe the 34-year-old woman found with chest wounds is the mother of seven children with the eighth child believed to be a relative.

Queensland state police were called to to the home in the Cairns suburb of Manoora Friday after receiving a report of a woman with serious injuries. When police entered the house, they found the bodies of the children, ranging in age from 18 months to 15 years.

The Guardian reports the children were all stabbed to death.

Read the full article at FoxNews.com.

If only the killer had had a gun!

"Trillions of dollars, less than 2 million - these are the same amount" - peoplew ho claim to know basic math.

Ah yes, the little known fact that life works like borderlands, and shooting the person who shot you will heal all wounds.

quote:

Women in America are the freest in the world, yet many feminists tell us women are oppressed. They advocate this falsehood through victim mentality propaganda and misleading statistics, such as the gender wage gap myth. In five minutes, American Enterprise Institute’s Christina Hoff Sommers tells you the truth about feminism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqyrflOQFc
I notice they had to add the "and western Europe" qaulifier so that they could ride Swedens coattails. Whoops, LL 101 left that bit out.

Yes, if "funds" something you literally need to spend no money in order to do.

How DARE the surgeon general adress one of the primary causes for death fro Americans. He should be focusing on Ebola before it - what, its over?

Figures the only Democrat they'd ever factually quote is the one guilty of genocide.

"And thats why I'm putting it in an image and sening it to you!".

Alright, credit where its due, thats pretty funny.

WHEN has a threat ever come from right wing authoritarian fascists?

"Which is why they never actually signed any form of gun control legislation"

gently caress UNITY!

"Now how its BLACK PEOPLES FAUlt we aren't employed"

Haha, killing an innocent creature.

drat their magic ability to summon guns from the great unknown.

"Why won't he act like a terorrist?!!?"

The first rule of war is to sink down to your opponents level.

Ah gently caress it, this is too vacuous to even warrant me being a smartass.

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:
Jesus Christ, Fulcrum. I can only handle these a few a time :psyduck:

Tangentially related (since "spanking works" is the same crowd that eats and poo poo out our usual posted poo poo)

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

My parents abused me and I'm proud of it (So others should suffer too)

The abused kick downward and children are easy targets.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would never have thought LL would quote Steinbeck.

Andrew Jackson does fit tho.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Gather round children, let us take in more of the gospel of Einstein circa 1949!

quote:

The time—which, looking back, seems so idyllic—is gone forever when individuals or relatively small groups could be completely self-sufficient. It is only a slight exaggeration to say that mankind constitutes even now a planetary community of production and consumption.

[...]

The economic anarchy of capitalist society as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of the evil. We see before us a huge community of producers the members of which are unceasingly striving to deprive each other of the fruits of their collective labor—not by force, but on the whole in faithful compliance with legally established rules. In this respect, it is important to realize that the means of production—that is to say, the entire productive capacity that is needed for producing consumer goods as well as additional capital goods—may legally be, and for the most part are, the private property of individuals.

[...]

Private capital tends to become concentrated in few hands, partly because of competition among the capitalists, and partly because technological development and the increasing division of labor encourage the formation of larger units of production at the expense of smaller ones. The result of these developments is an oligarchy of private capital the enormous power of which cannot be effectively checked even by a democratically organized political society. This is true since the members of legislative bodies are selected by political parties, largely financed or otherwise influenced by private capitalists who, for all practical purposes, separate the electorate from the legislature. The consequence is that the representatives of the people do not in fact sufficiently protect the interests of the underprivileged sections of the population. Moreover, under existing conditions, private capitalists inevitably control, directly or indirectly, the main sources of information (press, radio, education). It is thus extremely difficult, and indeed in most cases quite impossible, for the individual citizen to come to objective conclusions and to make intelligent use of his political rights.

[...]

I am convinced there is only one way to eliminate these grave evils, namely through the establishment of a socialist economy, accompanied by an educational system which would be oriented toward social goals. In such an economy, the means of production are owned by society itself and are utilized in a planned fashion. A planned economy, which adjusts production to the needs of the community, would distribute the work to be done among all those able to work and would guarantee a livelihood to every man, woman, and child. The education of the individual, in addition to promoting his own innate abilities, would attempt to develop in him a sense of responsibility for his fellow men in place of the glorification of power and success in our present society.

Nevertheless, it is necessary to remember that a planned economy is not yet socialism. A planned economy as such may be accompanied by the complete enslavement of the individual. The achievement of socialism requires the solution of some extremely difficult socio-political problems: how is it possible, in view of the far-reaching centralization of political and economic power, to prevent bureaucracy from becoming all-powerful and overweening? How can the rights of the individual be protected and therewith a democratic counterweight to the power of bureaucracy be assured?

Clarity about the aims and problems of socialism is of greatest significance in our age of transition. Since, under present circumstances, free and unhindered discussion of these problems has come under a powerful taboo, I consider the foundation of this magazine to be an important public service.

Welcome aboard my LL101 comrades. :ussr::hf::getin:

The article is actually a really interesting read in whole, I just chose a few snippets.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Jim posted:

Jesus Christ, Fulcrum. I can only handle these a few a time :psyduck:

Tangentially related (since "spanking works" is the same crowd that eats and poo poo out our usual posted poo poo)

Even the elf of the shelf is some creepy authoritarian poo poo. Better than actual violence, obviously, but if your kid isn't behaving the way you want them to, it's probably because either A) for gently caress's sake they're children and their brains are undeveloped and they barely know what the gently caress is going on or B) they're following the example of their lovely parents.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
That really is way too much LL. Could you try only posting the most horrible dozen or so next week?

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, I'm sure the people who do it to excercise power really do it because they think its okay and acceptable.

They do it because...

quote:

Its starts with "This legal definition of rape isn;t rape - hell, I sued to do it all the time" and goes downhill from there.
...places like LL101 bend over backwards to tell them the only way you can rape someone is with a knife in an alley and no one will believe that lying slut when she tells on you anyway. Airtight.

quote:

How DARE the surgeon general adress one of the primary causes for death fro Americans. He should be focusing on Ebola before it - what, its over?
I'd like to point out the racism of saying that the Harvard and Yale educated Surgeon General is a "Slumdog" just because his parents are Indian

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Tech workers vs. elementary school teachers. One of these things is valued vastly more highly by society. And JUST COINCIDENTALLY it's the one that's mostly men rather than women. By why let context ruin an argument against THOSE FEMINAZIS? :bahgawd: I will be much more worried about elementary school teachers being mostly women when elementary school teachers start making over $100k a year and become assholes who are gentrifying San Francisco, rather than averaging about $53k per year.

Why yes, I do hold the US, which claims to be all about freedom and rights and stuff, to a higher standard than terrorist criminals. Also maybe we shouldn't do stuff that we persecuted Japanese WWII soldiers as war criminals for.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Soonmot posted:

That really is way too much LL. Could you try only posting the most horrible dozen or so next week?

But then he'd actually have to read, internalize, compare and rate them. Do you want any person to be forced to pay any more attention to that much hate and bile than he has to?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I just read that LL block and my gall bladder had to be surgically removed. Thanks Obama.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there any way to tell which LL images are being shared the most and post those? We know this guy is just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks, so it'd be interesting to know which ones of these are resonating most with the email forward set.

I mean to some extent we can probably guess. I can guess that "Michael Brown is a thug" was a more popular theme than "cops murdered Eric Garner".

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This pain is why we're here. Don't cry when you get more of it at once than usual.

:smith:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I like the inclusion of 50 Cent in that black Republicans graphic considering how Fox News poo poo on Jay-Z earlier in the week. Also, the inclusion of historical black figures pre-Southern Strategy. I'm sure Sojourner Truth would reallllllly identify with the modern Republican Party.

Wulfolme posted:

This pain is why we're here. Don't cry when you get more of it at once than usual.

:smith:

I read LL101 just to feel the pain and know that I'm still alive

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

I like the inclusion of 50 Cent in that black Republicans graphic considering how Fox News poo poo on Jay-Z earlier in the week. Also, the inclusion of historical black figures pre-Southern Strategy. I'm sure Sojourner Truth would reallllllly identify with the modern Republican Party.

They put Eazy-E on there too.

Which is...confusing.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

FuzzySkinner posted:

They put Eazy-E on there too.

Which is...confusing.

quote:

In March 1991 Wright accepted an invitation to a lunch benefiting the Republican Senatorial Inner Circle, hosted by then-President George H. W. Bush.[25] A spokesman for the rapper said that Eazy-E supported Bush because of his performance in the Gulf War.[26]

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

I read LL101 just to feel the pain and know that I'm still alive

What have I become,
reading this thread.
Every post I read,
kills brain cells, they're all dead.

And you could have it all,
LL 1 oh 1.
All the conspiracies,
I give up, you won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go&t=55s

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

quote:

"Which is why they never actually signed any form of gun control legislation"

Every time I read a LL101 meme I think to myself, "You know, Stalin wasn't that bad of a guy after all".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You know, just posting the worst dozen would actually be a lot easier for me.

I thought you guys were gonna demand a "worst of the year". Now that poo poo would be terrifying.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I like the inclusion of 50 Cent in that black Republicans graphic considering how Fox News poo poo on Jay-Z earlier in the week.
50 cent was a Republican. In 2008, however, he switched to supporting a Democratic candidate - Hilary Clinton.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mellow Seas posted:

Even the elf of the shelf is some creepy authoritarian poo poo. Better than actual violence, obviously, but if your kid isn't behaving the way you want them to, it's probably because either A) for gently caress's sake they're children and their brains are undeveloped and they barely know what the gently caress is going on or B) they're following the example of their lovely parents.

We've been telling kids for 80 years that Santa "Sees you when you're sleeping" and "knows when you've been bad or good". This is just a more material thing they can sell to people.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Haha, killing an innocent creature.

What is it with you and your hatred of hunting? Are you a vegan? w

Fulchrum posted:

drat their magic ability to summon guns from the great unknown.

Yeah, most criminals get them from underground factories and manufacturers, and they look like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

We've been telling kids for 80 years that Santa "Sees you when you're sleeping" and "knows when you've been bad or good". This is just a more material thing they can sell to people.

It's not that it wasn't creepy before, it's just that trying to control your children with a little sentry doll is way creepier and it's wrapped up in cutesy marketing bullshit.