Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what the heck is this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

what the heck is this thread

stop bikethreading

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

stop bikethreading

is this gross_autist_nerds.txt

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

graph posted:

is this gross_autist_nerds.txt

yeah .... NOW THAT YOURE HERE!!!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

artists depiction of Graph right now: :supaburn:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

yeah .... NOW THAT YOURE HERE!!!

:pwn:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

sorry graph, nothing personal ... just business

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 382 days!
ive never been involved in any legitimate business that involved such a brutal takedown and i doubt your words

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sniep posted:

Mark comes back for 3rd time on his bike and finds A) no bike shed B) his project has been altered with expensive parts missing, comments on mailing list, told "if you want a bike shed, why don't you build one, and you should put up a sign saying "do not take parts" if they aren't for everyone"

am i close?

c) some random person steals all the bikes in plain sight because no one bothered to lock their bikes and everyone's too passive-aggressive to confront him

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

d) someone suggests calling the police

e) no way you should never call the police ever!!!11

quote:

NEVER let the police pass the downstairs locked door.
if you can, have someone stay downstairs that can keep them out and door
shut.
if people involved in incident need to go in and out have the person let
them in and out saying out loud "WE ARE NOT letting any police in" (they
will do everything they can to get inside) and they aren't allowed to come
in (great to have on film if they do).

IF they have to be called (which should be EXTREMELY RARE), make them wait
outside as in the example of the bikes or other theft it is NOT theft until
it LEAVES the property (same as retail stores) and you can open the space
to law suits.

you also NEVER want to let the police in because as soon as you do, they
can say they were let in and have more leverage to do lots of other poo poo in
the space that isn't even related to the call.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

And definitely don't report sexual assault via the discussion list!

quote:

This has gone to far. You've blown this out of proportion and the latest hyperbole ("*loving SEX OFFENDER**")* is the last straw as far as I'm concerned. You are now an aider and abettor of the sexual police state. You refuse to take responsibility for your own actions, and hide behind the stale "I'm a victim" rhetoric of the Stalinist feminists Andrea Dworkin and Catherine McKinnon.

*You* are the one acting like a sociopathic predator.

I will never be polite and friendly to you ever again. As far as I'm concerned, you are now* persona non grata* along with your sociopathic friend, Tony.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

dang.

*and all the fedoras tipped*

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
it might disrupt the people doocratically shooting up in the darkroom, after all

pram
Jun 10, 2001
NEVER let firemen pass the downstairs locked door.
if you can, have someone stay downstairs that can keep them out and door
shut.

IF they have to be called (which should be EXTREMELY RARE), make them wait
outside. fire is NOT fire until it DESTROYS the property

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i had a joke here but it was too tasteless even for yospos

but yeah noisebridge is a place where when you ask people why the gently caress they're shooting up, they might shove you on a table and unzip your pants

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i had a joke here but it was too tasteless even for yospos

i seriously doubt that

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

God i hope this place gets razed with everyone locked inside (to keep the disruptive police out)

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

text editor posted:

God i hope this place gets razed with everyone locked inside (to keep the disruptive police out)

like this

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqrv6s_i-robot-clip-demolition-bot_shortfilms

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
er gently caress that isn't a youtube no embed

pram
Jun 10, 2001
WELCOME TA 'ERF

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

i'm now seriously considering selling cheap, obsolete, and/or half-broken electronics to noisebridge at a volume discount if they can pick stuff up in san rafael

god help me

maybe try sudo room in oakland, its operated by adults

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
dooocracy more like pooocracy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wild EEPROM posted:

dooocracy more like pooocracy

:jerryseinfeldfallingbackinhischairlikevincemcmahon:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the inmates have fled the asylum because whoever's there now is even crazier than they are

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

quote:

Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Spam on wiki help
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:00:08 -0800
To: noisebridge-discuss <noisebridge-discuss@lists.noisebridge.net>, Danny O'Brien <danny@spesh.com>

https://noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=500

Kinda horrible. I just blocked ‎ErbalAgreement (and inadvertently
deleted their contribs list on their user page).

Currently I'm slammed at work. Does anyone out there have some time and
want to clean this up?

Danny: Do you still have your anti-spam-bot?

--
Rubin
rubin@starset.net

that link is dreamy :allears:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

these people believe in freedom.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

what would it take to help actually shut this place down?
i dont think anyone who is disadvantaged is getting anything positive being here

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

quote:

Hi to all,

Just few notes on the kitchen, I have run and helped to equip many around the world and on variety of hacker events especially in last few years under the Food Hacking Base project which the Tastebridge was a first step I would say. It is interesting to see so many hackerspaces going forward on biotech, food hacking and brewing with Noisebridge being one of the forerunners with amazing set up around 2010 and 2011 and now well ...

stove - crucial. If you do not have a stove you can not cook most of the meals and brewing is an issue for many types of beverages, also you will have really problem to sterilize - pressure cooker works fine if you have one. Kitchen without stove is close to not being a kitchen, biotech applications need sterilization most of the time and heat treatment of ingredients is often crucial (and microwave is not a cure for everything).

fridge - very important. To keep you perishable food ingredients, cultures and of course nice cold drinks it is more or less necessity, at least for reasonable food and beverage hacking. Kitchen without fridge is doable but quite an issue.

preparation place - working bench if you like, crucial. Having some space to work on is crucial especially if you want to work fast and safe. Do not underestimate the height of the bench it hits your back if is too low or too high. This one is really important on hands on workshops.

sinks - crucial. For keeping the place clean and the work flow continuous sinks and preferably running water are really a key. If you do not have it, you are in trouble. Dishwasher works too, but well sink is sink.

storage - for dry ingredients especially. If you want to play around you need your ingredients and they need to stored properly. Stainless steel or glass well sealed work very well, plastic is a good cheap alternative. Insect and rats may be an issue if they get out of hand which was a case in the building many times so this one has to be kept in mind.

The answer to how to keep the kitchen clean is both simple and complicated. The way which works for me and projects in which I'm involved is to get together people who enjoy playing with food, hacking, brewing, biotech and consuming&enjoying the products of their efforts and let them to organize the spot, sometimes poke them a bit if the things go out of hand. Better environment you have from the point of view of equipment/infrastructure and funds, more likely you are to form a nice and vibrant community around it and enjoy their achievements. Note as most of the things in community the social interactions are really important and preparing and sharing the meals and drinks brings together people really well.

Best of luck with your kitchen plans, try to keep it nice and functional, it will pay off eventually. However even if you decide to destroy it, which I do not consider wise because it will not touch a core of the current problem, when the time comes, it will be build again, it will just require bit more dedicated people than if it is already standing and ready to be used.

Sincerely from Kasiri, Jeju,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

PS Just a note, yes the Noisebridge community has a major social issues and to start to resolve them lots of time and energy from people who are socially developed and sensitive will be needed, the question for you now is how to get them involved and enjoy their work and being productive. 091 labs in Galway, Ireland are running for a brewing classes for a while and it is generating lots of positive interest. Add some tech related project like the experimental incubator build up and you can start to move the things forward in a sound way - friendly, social and organized.

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
food hacking

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

more like food cacking

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i dont think anyone who is disadvantaged is getting anything positive being here

of course they're not, they're not who it's for

it's for people who can easily afford to join TechShop but are turned off by all of its rules about "safety" and "access" and "dues" and its proprietary attitude towards actually keeping all of its tools and hiring people to maintain them

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 382 days!

OSI bean dip posted:

food hacking

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I Have equipped many Kitchens in my life and as an experienced Food Hacker i can tell you that you need these Items,

- a stove
- a fridge
- a countertop
- a Sink
- storage cabinets

i will explain the uses of these Items in a further post please contact me about any other Food Hacing questions you may have. namaste

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

food

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

eschaton posted:

of course they're not, they're not who it's for

it's for people who can easily afford to join TechShop but are turned off by all of its rules about "safety" and "access" and "dues" and its proprietary attitude towards actually keeping all of its tools and hiring people to maintain them

the point being that people who are low on options are not going to be losing out on anything that helps them, so hey.
the rest idgaf

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hmm .... well according to the mailing list, an oven is apparently necessary for preparing ... how do you pronounce that? "food"? So ok these "food" hackers will need one of those.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I am so tired of arguing with my partner over who has to hack dinner

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

just use an arduino to randomly blink an LED to choose who has to do it! it shuold only take 15kb of code

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

idk sounds like some homeless dudes are sleepin there

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

just use an arduino to randomly blink an LED to choose who has to do it! it shuold only take 15kb of code

somebody poo poo on the soldering irons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

foodhack: by placing your leftovers in a device called a refrigerator or, colloquially, fridge, they will remain edible for a few days or at least would if you hadn't prepared the food on a counter top swarming with fecal bacteria

• Locked thread