Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Geirskogul posted:

Someone has offered me a 1990 Mitsubishi Montero for around $1000 because he needs quick cash. Normally a good guy, I think it has around 240k on it, with a new motor at 200k but original tranny. 3.0 V6, looks like the same V6 used in the Plymouth Acclaim.

I've been looking for a beater SUV. How crazy am I?

Its a Mitsubishi so it could last for ever or poo poo itself in 10 miles....

Do it for 750.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

To further drive this home, the WJ actually uses 3/4" lugs and you never realized it because they're that close :v:

Almost all modernish jeeps use 3/4" lugs w/ 1/2-20 UNF threads.

The difference is literally 0.05mm or 2 thousandths of an inch.

Ha, really? I was even Googling it the other day when I rotated the tires and found someone raging that NO IT'S 19MM NOT 3/4" YOU'LL RUIN YOUR LUGS :supaburn:.

It would make more sense to have a standard hex on standard threads, though :downs:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IOwnCalculus posted:

Ha, really? I was even Googling it the other day when I rotated the tires and found someone raging that NO IT'S 19MM NOT 3/4" YOU'LL RUIN YOUR LUGS :supaburn:.

It would make more sense to have a standard hex on standard threads, though :downs:

Even if they were right, I'm sure that extra .05 mm will make the difference between working right and rounding off the lug.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Welp, buying a 3D printer

http://imgur.com/a/5Z2a0

YOU THOUGHT I WAS loving JOKING

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyone playing Trivia Crack?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyone playing Trivia Crack?

gently caress that game. My girlfriend plays it all the time. When we're hanging out, eating dinner, or I'm driving, if she's not actively engaged in what's going on, she's either playing that game or surfing reddit.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yup! I wouldn't put it past chrysler, but they are regular ol' UNF threads, so regular imperial fractional fastener size too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking forwqrtd to christmas exause its the one day a year I can walk into a bar at noon andnknow ill get along with everyone else in. THere.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So i f I mix orange juice, vodka and club soda, is that conceptually closer to a mimosa or a screwdriver?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Fucknag posted:

So i f I mix orange juice, vodka and club soda, is that conceptually closer to a mimosa or a screwdriver?

It's one of those bullshit screwdrivers, like pentalobe or tri-wing or some poo poo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Sinestro posted:

It's one of those bullshit screwdrivers, like pentalobe or tri-wing or some poo poo.

Better than philips for high-torque/heavily rust-prone applications.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Fucknag posted:

Screwdriver, but skip the vodka and OJ if you're wanting to sip; get a bottle of Cocchi Americano (shouldn't be more than 20 bucks) and mix with soda. It is loving delicious and a lot classier than the two sorority girl drinks you mentioned.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Also, did something I haven't done in a long-rear end time today:

Those last two data points are $1.99 for 87 and $2.19 for 91.

I also now have two datapoints for the GMC so it finally gets to play on this graph:

I wonder why :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

blk posted:

Screwdriver, but skip the vodka and OJ if you're wanting to sip; get a bottle of Cocchi Americano (shouldn't be more than 20 bucks) and mix with soda. It is loving delicious and a lot classier than the two sorority girl drinks you mentioned.

Listen, gently caress, I'm making do with what I have and I can't get any more cause A i've already been drinking beer, and B everything's loving closed except gas stations so don't talk poo poo.

Also "girly drinks" loving taste good, okay? I've got half a bottle of some Islay malt, sometimes I just don't feel like getting knocked on my rear end.

:colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought mimosa's had champaign in them?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

I thought mimosa's had champaign in them?

They do. So as far as girly-drinks go, where does moonshine mixed with lemonade go? Cause I had some of that at a party last night and I fell in love. (And on the couch :ssh:)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Geirskogul posted:

Oh good, I'll start a list.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I might be buying a scooter tomorrow, does that mean I'll be a CA goon then?

Fucknag posted:

You just made a fizzy screwdriver yo. One of my favorite drinks is (good) Vodka/soda/splash cranberry. Refreshing and not so drat sweet.

Also I think I'm the only bartender in AI, anyone else bartend?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

ExplodingSims posted:

They do. So as far as girly-drinks go, where does moonshine mixed with lemonade go? Cause I had some of that at a party last night and I fell in love. (And on the couch :ssh:)

My grandmother taught me how to make that :v:

A dozen lemons all juiced and ground up with a hand grinder, a pound of sugar, a quart of water and a quart and a half of moonshine. Let it all sit for a few hours, then squeeze everything through a cheesecloth to strain out the lemon bits.

It's delicious and it will seriously gently caress you up.

Edit: She wouldn't use the un-aged corn whiskey you can actually buy in a liquor store. She knew a guy up in the mountains with a still and bought her moonshine in unmarked mason jars.

bandman fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

I used to but hated every second of it. I was better off on the door.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I try to hate it but the money is just too loving good. We joke about how we make stripper money during season it's nuts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

I try to hate it but the money is just too loving good. We joke about how we make stripper money during season it's nuts.

I did okay when I was back there but I got a decent tipout and basically sat on my rear end for 8 hours doing nothing. Never had the problem of going home alone either.

ExplodingSims posted:

Pretty much all I drink is sugar free lemonaid and rum.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I loving hate tech these days. After 2 years, my Nexus 4 is starting to fail at its most basic task, "be a phone". Sometimes I'll try to dial and it'll just hang up immediately every time until I reboot the thing. Then there's the way Google Music tends to poo poo itself if I do crazy things like skipping a few songs in a row.

Ugh. Is there a decent, cheapish phone out there these days?

Define cheapish. The register had a rundown of good cheap androids and basically Motorola has it under £150, Sony above that.

mariooncrack posted:

she's either playing that game or surfing reddit.

Sever.

leica posted:

I used to bartend in university, it was easy money and the fact I sucked was overlooked because I was a million times more reliable than almost everyone else there. I sort of miss it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone else watch the American Heros Channel? Have been watching Apocalypse: WWI, holy poo poo that was a hosed up war.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Haven't watched that one, but the Atlantic had an amazing InFocus series about 6-8 months ago: http://www.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/wwi/

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Never thought, way back in '06 when I started reading the forums, that someday str would touch my pussy.

For reference:

Not only did I get to touch goon pussy, I got to stroke it and hold it. :quagmire: I might even get to name it.

The pussy is hiding under the bed, figure I might get a glimpse of him tomorrow. Plenty of food and water nearby, along with a litter box. Dog reacted pretty much how I expected, "there's another 4 legged thing in here, better sniff its butt!".

Fucknag posted:

Listen, gently caress, I'm making do with what I have and I can't get any more cause A i've already been drinking beer, and B everything's loving closed except gas stations so don't talk poo poo.

Also "girly drinks" loving taste good, okay? I've got half a bottle of some Islay malt, sometimes I just don't feel like getting knocked on my rear end.

:colbert:

A lot of "girly drinks" have a lot more alcohol than manly drinks too.

Don't judge me for drinking Four Loco, it's 12%, 24oz, and $2.50 a can - basically 4 1/2 - 5 "standard" drinks.. also a lot less calories than drinking, say, a 6 pack of beer

Rhyno posted:

Pretty much all I drink is sugar free lemonaid and rum.

I should probably switch to that. The stuff I drink is half sugar, and doesn't really go well with Paula Deen disease. It's just a pain to buy liquor here after work; in Texas, you can't sell hard liquor after 9pm, and can't sell it at all on Sundays. So I buy the cheapest stuff I can stomach that has a high alcohol content.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Also, did something I haven't done in a long-rear end time today:

Those last two data points are $1.99 for 87 and $2.19 for 91.

I'm uh.. just gonna leave this here.

I think I mentioned it, but attached to my last paycheck from Pizza Hut was a notice stating basically "due to the drop in gas prices, we've been forced to re-evaluate our driver compensation. We're cutting how much you get from us per delivery. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK HUGS AND KISSES and oh yeah we're not changing what we charge the customer per delivery either"

Pham Nuwen posted:

I loving hate tech these days. After 2 years, my Nexus 4 is starting to fail at its most basic task, "be a phone". Sometimes I'll try to dial and it'll just hang up immediately every time until I reboot the thing. Then there's the way Google Music tends to poo poo itself if I do crazy things like skipping a few songs in a row.

Ugh. Is there a decent, cheapish phone out there these days?

Have you tried flashing a new stock image to it? I don't mean one from XDA Developers, but a full image direct from Google (which includes the radio drivers/files). It's possible something is just corrupted somewhere, or has a memory leak, or something.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images will have the info you need. You'll need fastboot and adb, and you'll lose everything on the phone, so back up anything you want to keep first (photos just by copying, apps via Titanium Backup or something similar).

It's no biggie to re-root afterwards if that's your thing. Otherwise, the Moto G is $179 for 8GB, $199 for 16GB, straight from Google. No contract, fully unlocked. It'll be on par with the N4 in terms of the display and camera, but a big upgrade in every other way (if you get the 16GB version anyway, don't bother with the 8GB). They're out of stock right now, probably thanks to the holidays, but hopefully they'll be back in stock soon. Google has already pushed Android 5.0.1 to the Google Play versions.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 23, 2014

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

some texas redneck posted:

Don't judge me for drinking Four Loco, it's 12%, 24oz, and $2.50 a can - basically 4 1/2 - 5 "standard" drinks.. also a lot less calories than drinking, say, a 6 pack of beer

I should probably switch to that. The stuff I drink is half sugar, and doesn't really go well with Paula Deen disease. It's just a pain to buy liquor here after work; in Texas, you can't sell hard liquor after 9pm, and can't sell it at all on Sundays. So I buy the cheapest stuff I can stomach that has a high alcohol content.

go Gin and Tonic (use slimline/diet tonic).

G+T is a special case drink that can be either manly or girly depending on the person holding it.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
So can cider... Which is what us West Country bumpkins drink. Yaaar

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

The tolerance on a forged .750" hex for aerospace fasteners comes out as something like 18,80 - 19,10. A 19mm versus a .750" nominal socket is going to make no loving difference on a wheel lug.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

mariooncrack posted:

gently caress that game. My girlfriend plays it all the time. When we're hanging out, eating dinner, or I'm driving, if she's not actively engaged in what's going on, she's either playing that game or surfing reddit.

This sounds like an amazing relationship.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

some texas redneck posted:

maybe I'm dumb because I just realized this is probably so that unscrupulous dudes can get chicks drunk faster :smith:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

I thought this was a tattoo at first...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Oh good, I'll start a list.

A list of what?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Friend introduced me to what he calls Bailey Balls, baileys and fireball. Tastes good and strong as poo poo. We sat around and drank way too many the other day. Need to find a cheap version of baileys.

Geirskogul posted:

Hell yes

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 23, 2014

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tomarse posted:

go Gin and Tonic (use slimline/diet tonic).

G+T is a special case drink that can be either manly or girly depending on the person holding it.

Hell yes. A G&T can be as classy or as cheap as you want it to be, and it's still delicious either way. My preferred cheap gin (New Amsterdam) is only $12-13/bottle.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

rscott posted:

maybe I'm dumb because I just realized this is probably so that unscrupulous dudes can get chicks drunk faster :smith:

While true, cocktails in general really exploded during Prohibition, when all you could get was lovely bathtub/backwoods liquor that tasted like rear end, so people mixed it with good tasting stuff just to get it down.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

88h88 posted:

This sounds like an amazing relationship.

I probably should have prefaced that she has adhd so sometimes she just needs something to do. She has made efforts to stop doing that.

Got whatever reason last night, I was irrationally angry. Angry posting is a bad idea.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Gin and tonics are the only mixed drink I enjoy, everything else tastes like sugar or old socks rolled in sugar. I don't mind whiskey or rum but that cloying, corn syrup taste of soda just ruins the flavor. Of course, all falls before a tasty brown ale or saison, preferably with a rare steak or giant fish fry.

e: I gave sugarfree sodas a try but I've gotten used to the taste of neat whiskey by now. Ginger ale isn't a bad mixer though.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 23, 2014

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Gin and tonics are the only mixed drink I enjoy, everything else tastes like sugar or old socks rolled in sugar. I don't mind whiskey or rum but that cloying, corn syrup taste of soda just ruins the flavor. Of course, all falls before a tasty brown ale or saison, preferably with a rare steak or giant fish fry.

Sugar free sodas taste of taste, rather than sugar, try those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I quite like Martinis, but never bother ordering them because people either don't know how to make one or think you're meant to put vodka in them.

G&T is good, Long Islands work for me as well.

• Locked thread