Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Thronde posted:

hey look, let's drudge up some old bullshit from the last thread! SA2014: Shitposting and Drama Importing are A-OKAY.

This isn't actually from any previous mechwarrior online thread though?? This is actually the first time I've actually interacted with rufus personally, I just recognised his name and after a quick google(http://ponygoons.tumblr.com/) remembered who he is

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for letting everyone know what Rufus likes to jerk off to, modpud. I'm sure this valuable information will make the headlines any day now.

Nice doxx etc etc.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

garth ferengi posted:

This isn't actually from any previous mechwarrior online thread though?? This is actually the first time I've actually interacted with rufus personally, I just recognised his name and after a quick google(http://ponygoons.tumblr.com/) remembered who he is

Ok that's nice modpud.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think it's wrong to judge somebody for liking something as cute as My Little Pony. I think if Captain Toad met Pinkie Pie, then they would be friends.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Lemming posted:

I think it's wrong to judge somebody for liking something as cute as My Little Pony. I think if Captain Toad met Pinkie Pie, then they would be friends.

Lemming when are you going to come back and play robots? Now or sometime between now and the inevitable heat death of the universe.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

various cheeses posted:

Who is the second guy?

Pycckuu posted:

Thanks for letting everyone know what Rufus likes to jerk off to, modpud. I'm sure this valuable information will make the headlines any day now.

Nice doxx etc etc.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
thanks for the tip modpud

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Thronde posted:

Shitposting and Drama Importing are A-OKAY.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop:

Now I know what it means to be owned.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

garth ferengi posted:

:eyepop:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mashed_penguin posted:

Lemming when are you going to come back and play robots? Now or sometime between now and the inevitable heat death of the universe.

I've been playing a little over the past few days. Normal 12v12 drops are horrible garbage, CW is mostly boring punctuated by a few relatively interesting fights. We are also really bad at it.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

:stare:

That is some pretty concentrated autism.

Is that poo poo even street legal?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

axelsoar posted:

:stare:

That is some pretty concentrated autism.

Is that poo poo even street legal?

No it's not legal that's why the convention was gassed.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Chomp8645 posted:

No it's not legal that's why the convention was gassed.

Still not convinced it wasn't body odor.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Lemming posted:

I'm totally okay with people liking my little pony but I'm not a big fan of "brony culture" or whatever

I know a heck of a lot about rufus because he had been banned from an internet relay chat channel a few days before I joined it, and I ended up joining in the middle of a conversation about him and what an awful person he is, punctuated by a picture of him. It's hard to forget a thing like that

What I'm saying is that the internet loving owns. It's good as hell

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

garth ferengi posted:

I know a heck of a lot about rufus because he had been banned from an internet relay chat channel a few days before I joined it, and I ended up joining in the middle of a conversation about him and what an awful person he is, punctuated by a picture of him. It's hard to forget a thing like that

Once you doxx you just can't stop!

Figures we'd see this kind of behavior from a terrible Dominions modder.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

garth ferengi posted:

I'm totally okay with people liking my little pony but I'm not a big fan of "brony culture" or whatever

Same, I don't give a poo poo what folks watch but this-

quote:

I really love this show, can’t wait to get my Pinkie Pie-sama body pillow.
-gives me the creeps.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Rufus is just your typical basement dwelling nerd, leave him alone.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
Please you guys.
All this drama has made us forget what really matters. Which is this:

Hybridfusion posted:

Merry (almost) Christmas.

Winner time!

Alpha Scrub
Bigwig - 351 ($50 of Karma Coin)

Second Level Scrub
Teepo - 337 ($25 of Karma Coin)

Scrub Tier Three
Ritterzero - 325 ($15 of Karma Coin)

You guys can expect your gifts in your email inboxes at some point over the next few days. Congrats!

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Once you doxx you just can't stop!

Figures we'd see this kind of behavior from a terrible Dominions modder.

Not only a dominions modder but a dominions lets play superstar, which I'm sure we can all agree is far far worse

Someone told me that there are word of lowtax people who don't think I'm actually very good, that I just cherrypick solo queue screenshots or something, so here's my stats for every mech that I've driven around for more than an hour(because I'm incredibly insecure)

The only things that I've solo queued in for more than a round or two are the timber wolves, dire wolves(although I haven't solo queued a whole lot in either wolf, they're just what I mostly played when I had just gotten back into the game and had some serious teething problems), and firestarters(which I still haven't solo queued in very often, because playing this game by yourself is not very fun). Everything else is group queue, mostly with 1-3 KDR friends(although I did take part in a 12 person group that rolled steel jaguars 3 matches in a row last night, not that I did particularly well in them because they made me drive a thunderbolt 5ss instead of a mech that is more my style)

It's really messed up that CW stats aren't tracked, my thunderbolt 9S murdersprees have been completely absurd. CW is maybe the dumbest loving thing(and also not very fun outside of the making-people-mad-about-colours-on-a-map-that-don't-even-matter meta)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

garth ferengi posted:

What I'm saying is that the internet loving owns. It's good as hell

What IRC? Illuminate me oh massive loather of LRMs to a level even the biggest autists don't have. :precious:

Nice to know even mocking your LRM rage causes enormous butthurt in you to the point you have to look up nearly 4 year old IRC logs some other tryhard good wasted their time hunting down.

If that is what friendly (ish) ribbing causes you to do I can only imagine what actual mean spirited stuff would cause out of you. Let's not take Internet Grindy Robots so seriously ok?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
:gas:

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
My little Mechwarrior: autism is magic

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
oh look, stats for a bunch of meta mechs you rarely solo dropped in

bravo

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

ahahhahahahaha this thread is loving great

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

teepo posted:

bravo

I really don't know why we are all having cares about how good people are at internet robots, but as someone that has dropped in matches with modpud, yes, she is probably one of the best goons playing right now.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Scoops posted:

ahahhahahahaha this thread is loving great

:agreed:

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Captain Rufus posted:

What IRC? Illuminate me oh massive loather of LRMs to a level even the biggest autists don't have. :precious:

Nice to know even mocking your LRM rage causes enormous butthurt in you to the point you have to look up nearly 4 year old IRC logs some other tryhard good wasted their time hunting down.

If that is what friendly (ish) ribbing causes you to do I can only imagine what actual mean spirited stuff would cause out of you. Let's not take Internet Grindy Robots so seriously ok?

I literally just googled "ponygoons tumblr", and then clicked the link and scrolled down a little. You make it seem like a really high effort thing, I was pretty sure it was you because I remember checking up on this in a previous thread

teepo posted:

bravo

I'm glad that if I'm solo dropping I'm cheating my stats because it's easy to do well in the solo queue, but if I'm playing in group queue I'm still cheating, because I have friends to play with who aren't completely incompetent like people in the word of lowtax

I'm also glad that the thunderbolt 9s is a "meta mech", when I'm one of the people who made the meta

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
go cry moar

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
It is really weird to heat goons talking about meta mechs considering back in the day we were the ones that made the mechs everyone else used, from the gaussapult to the menturian.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

It's you. You're the pubbie.

:frogout:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Sorry modpud, you're just not up to the high, high standards of the Mechwarrior Online community!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I hope a serial killer is reading this thread and brutally murders everyone who has posted in it.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
sorry, i was out of line.

before having seen those stats, i once thought of myself as the greatest living light pilot who is currently seeking a competitive group but alas, i am just a goon :(

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

axelsoar posted:

It is really weird to heat goons talking about meta mechs considering back in the day we were the ones that made the mechs everyone else used, from the gaussapult to the menturian.

This really isn't true though, gaussapult and menturion especially weren't mechs that originated in the word of lowtax, although people probably pretend that's the case these days because the word of lowtax has always been pretty isolated from the rest of the MWO community(for better and worse)

Garbage like the large laser atlas DDCs and lawesomes though, sure, probably

But yeah it's Good Stuff, especially for a group that(used to at least) pride itself in running optimal builds and being so above the brown sea

teepo posted:

go cry moar

I'm not the one getting upset about "meta mechs"

SpaceCadetBob posted:

1v1 me kid

Lemming posted:

I hope a serial killer is reading this thread and brutally murders everyone who has posted in it.

Please don't make posts about my exact fetish.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
DISCLAIMER: My posting persona is not necessarily representative of my true personality and/or soul and/or self

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

teepo posted:

sorry, i was out of line.

before having seen those stats, i once thought of myself as the greatest living light pilot who is currently seeking a competitive group but alas, i am just a goon :(

I'm glad someone saw that post, originally it was going to literally just be weird masturbatory injokes for the benefit of KDR, but then I hosed with it a ton and it became less good(although it did get me called racist in the first response), and then I restarted my computer and lost the tab and couldn't find it anymore. It's all incredibly sad

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
kdr seem like a funny bunch

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Yeah, well you all are a -

*POST HEAT ACTIVATED, YOUR COMPUTER HAS ENTERED HEAT SHUTDOWN*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

garth ferengi posted:

I'm also glad that the thunderbolt 9s is a "meta mech", when I'm one of the people who made the meta

Look, I know you're great at destroying robots and all, but I think the 9S meta sort of came about when PGI announced some new quirks and people noticed that it got a loving bonkers 50% ERPPC heat reduction. You're not the only one brainy enough to realize that putting ERPPCs on the thing will suddenly be good.

• Locked thread