Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvxuP0SFnPM

At 4:30 where the guy kicks her square in the chest... :stare:

You know they could take that show and get the guys who do the "bad lip reading" videos and just rebroadcast it here with whatever plot they can make up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotore
Aug 14, 2012

"I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible."
Oh my. So this is what the other side is like..

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Plzemsky Prazdroj/Pilsner Urquell owns.

ahahaha what, that poo poo is skunky pisswater

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I can drink a 1 liter bottle of this stuff in about an hour. I rarely do this, though, because it gets me drunk like motherfucking hell (though, interestingly, I'm never nauseous from it). You can buy these nifty little 0.1 bottles and they're great for measuring out how much you intend to drink while you're still sober. Three 0.1 bottles is a good starting point and you won't get drunk (too much).

p sure that wormwood will melt your brain

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gender illusionist posted:

p sure that wormwood will melt your brain
you weren't forced by grand/parents to drink wormwood tea when you get some stomach issue?

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

oh ccool alcohol pissing contests in one of the few good gbs threads

everything you drink is trash that serves to dull your inevitable death

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Gorgolflox posted:

Very exciting.

As tanktops go, that's a pretty good fit.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

WarpedNaba posted:

lol

WOLF HONGO posted:

oh ccool alcohol pissing contests in one of the few good gbs threads

everything you drink is trash that serves to dull your inevitable death

For real. Beer is literally the same everywhere, vodka is literally the same everywhere, chug whiskey and smash mikes hard lemonades on the heads of the pussy bitches that drink it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

You may want to refresh your geography.
OK, I suppose there's this little austro-hungarian thing in between the Balkans and the Czech republic/Slovakia. In my brain I conflated all those mid-european countries in a very typically American offhandedly ignorant way. I apologize.

Which actually raises the question, do they drink slivovitz in austro-hungary, or is there somehow a geographical slivovitz vacuum between czech and the serbo-croatian successor states?

quote:

Also decent plum brandy does have a flavour, just as e.g. apricot brandy is quite unmistakable. However, it's an acquired taste, and you need to get over its varnish-stripping qualities to appreciate the subtleties hiding underneath. It's difficult to say how much practice it takes to get to like slivovitz. Some natives have been training since early puberty and still only drink it because of a sense of duty.

To be sure. I actually like it, although I tend to like a lot of what you might call 'difficult ethnic boozes', but at the party where my bosnian acquaintance first brought a bottle for us all to try, I was the only one who liked it. And it sits at the back of the cupboard because I'm way more likely to want a glass of bourbon or scotch or gin or something. But it gets a few sips every year or two.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

There's nothing wrong with gin as it's just vodka's upper class cousin, but preferring radlers over beers does indeed certify you as a bitch.

Truth

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

WarpedNaba posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Duvel is one of two beer brands I am able to drink without necessity.

i'm not a hardcore beer aficionado either, when i drink beer for the taste it's usually rodenbach or hoegaarden. maybe westmalle

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

steinrokkan posted:

There's nothing wrong with gin as it's just vodka's upper class cousin

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

gin lane looks like a fuckin party

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i invented the cotton gin

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

you think this is nuts, they're doing some straight up crazy poo poo over in ethanol alley

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

gently caress the Coca :cripes:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Howard Beale posted:

you think this is nuts, they're doing some straight up crazy poo poo over in ethanol alley

only when the guys from vodka boulevard come by

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Leperflesh posted:

OK, I suppose there's this little austro-hungarian thing in between the Balkans and the Czech republic/Slovakia. In my brain I conflated all those mid-european countries in a very typically American offhandedly ignorant way. I apologize.

Which actually raises the question, do they drink slivovitz in austro-hungary, or is there somehow a geographical slivovitz vacuum between czech and the serbo-croatian successor states?

To be sure. I actually like it, although I tend to like a lot of what you might call 'difficult ethnic boozes', but at the party where my bosnian acquaintance first brought a bottle for us all to try, I was the only one who liked it. And it sits at the back of the cupboard because I'm way more likely to want a glass of bourbon or scotch or gin or something. But it gets a few sips every year or two.

Oh gently caress yes. Schlivovitz, we have it. Culinarily speaking, Austro Hungaria still exists, or more precise, the Austro-Czech part. Nobody really knows or cares what the Hungarians do. Nobody. On the countryside, people will often make their own Schnaps from fruit that they have in their gardens. Obstbrand or "Obstler". Lärchenschnaps or Zirbenschnaps (Clear Schnaps with inlaid larch twigs) is more something of a speciality. "Medicine" Heh. The czech grandmother of my wife treated me with with homebrewed Slivovitz when I first came to visit Moravia. Turns out she had 3 demijohns in the cabinets in her bedroom. Not these small demijohn, but the large ones that hold like +50L. She said "It's for my funeral". The stuff was stroooong.

Judging from the way that she stored the stuff, I suspect she wanted to get cremated.

Speaking about Inländerrum or Stroh. Nobody but the bums drink it here, or buy it for the rumflavour in bakeries. Is it popular abroad? An example for successful marketing?

e: speaking of which: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusel_alcohol

What wikipedia doesn't tell you is, that Fusel was a brand name of super cheap schnaps in the Monarchy, so cheap that it became synonymous with the stuff that makes you blind and crazy.

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 24, 2014

EmanDelcycer
Mar 29, 2010

Disco Infiva posted:

awesome

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Strohrum is pretty important for Feuerzangenbowle. The people in my group love this poo poo. Every fresh pot of Feuerzangenbowle was gone in an instant at our Christmas party this year.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I was about tto come and ragepost about austro-hungary being dead for a hundred years but culinarily I'll let that slide.

One thing about Russia I'd really like explained is their obsession for taking steam baths in the nude in groups of 10+, for hours on end. Anyone know where all that originated from? I mean I know its supposed to be healthy but they do a lot of eating and drinking IN the sauna which is weird to say the least.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I had only one friend who would make it every new year's party. Dunno, it's not so widespread here. At least when I was younger.

Sosiz
Nov 8, 2009
Merry Christmas, goons! Have some russian rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjOJV5d928

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
and yet i still don't know what the gently caress radler is

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

JaucheCharly posted:

Turns out she had 3 demijohns in the cabinets in her bedroom. Not these small demijohn, but the large ones that hold like +50L. She said "It's for my funeral". The stuff was stroooong.

Judging from the way that she stored the stuff, I suspect she wanted to get cremated.

...Or pickled. :colbert:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I bet Austria would still be relevant if they bothered to invent/steal nuclear weapons a couple of decades ago

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
instead they are reduced to "that country that makes pretend rum" lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lichy posted:

instead they are reduced to "that country that makes pretend rum" lol

nah, australia is more of a "that country where that one guy was a irl dungeon master"

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Friendly Tumour posted:

It's like that Arnold Palmer half lemonade/half icedtea that you can buy in the big can for 99 cents. Except, instead of tea half is beer.

John Daly's half and half.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

JaucheCharly posted:

Speaking about Inländerrum or Stroh. Nobody but the bums drink it here, or buy it for the rumflavour in bakeries. Is it popular abroad? An example for successful marketing?

Stroh 80 is the strongest alcohol outside of some absinths you can get in almost every liquor store, so it has some "Try some of this poo poo" customers. I don't believe there are many repeat customers after the "80% alcohol lol" gimmick wears off.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I don't know if this is actually in Russia, but it might as well be: http://coub.com/view/2lt5183

If not enjoy these classics:

Roumba fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 24, 2014

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roumba posted:

I don't know if this is actually in Russia, but it might as well be: http://coub.com/view/2lt5183

i woulda jumped on its back and rode it to the finish

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Hogge Wild posted:

nah, austria is more of a "that country where that one guy was a irl dungeon master"

Absolutely correct. Well, Glock ofc. Let us speak of the Russia again.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Disco Infiva posted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Friendly Tumour posted:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Apparently a radler is just a shandy

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
ukraine (AKA colony-of-american-jewish-communazi-land) can't weasel out of this one, russia has cracked the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Poitin is the only true liquor for adults.

• Locked thread