Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ribsauce posted:

This dude just makes his poo poo up, I am 100% convinced. (I mean even moreso than every other non Schefter/Glazer "reporter")

Nah, Kromer literally used him for Leaks and poo poo. That is nothing more than the Trestman/Kromer mouthpiece, trying to get a job elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

wtftastic posted:

Does Trestman have a snowball's chance in hell of getting another NFL hire?

He was out of the NFL for a decade (suggesting personality issues, from the way he bounced around from team to team) and when he came back, he promptly faceplanted and lost the locker room (if he ever had it). I doubt it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Trestman gonna turn Geno Smith into a killer.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Trestman officially fired.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Smart GMs keep the old coach for a year because it gives you extra time to build a roster before you are canned. Unless you hire a coach from the CFL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rex and Idzik isn't enough. I want more blood.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I doubt Treatman gets an OC job. Didn't do a good job with a really talented offense. Players tuned him out and he's just overmatched at this level.

I could see him getting an OC job in college but he failed hard at that years ago too. Maybe Canada is right for him.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Maybe Trestman can go pro in something other than sports.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Orton is retiring :(

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Rex and Idzik isn't enough. I want more blood.
Bradway needs to go as well. I don't know how feasible firing a scouting department is prior to the draft though. They usually get fired in May.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RossTuckerNFL
I picture Bears ownership showing Phil Emery the Cutler contract and saying "Is this your signature?"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Niwrad posted:

I doubt Treatman gets an OC job. Didn't do a good job with a really talented offense. Players tuned him out and he's just overmatched at this level.

I could see him getting an OC job in college but he failed hard at that years ago too. Maybe Canada is right for him.
Harbaugh should hire him to Michigan. :getin:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I love Black Monday, this is a fantastic day for refreshing news feeds obsessively while thinking about football

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

TubeStank posted:

:smith:

Gonna drink a fifth of Jack in honor of him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

I love Black Monday, this is a fantastic day for refreshing news feeds obsessively while thinking about football

I'm literally not doing anything at work, and will probably get fired.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TubeStank posted:

Your next Jets HC

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Dexo posted:

It's Black Monday for everyone! :toot:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Any chance Ted Phillips gets fired?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Any chance Ted Phillips gets fired?

I'm fine with Phillips staying, just get him away from football poo poo.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

TubeStank posted:

This is going to be the only sad news today

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Dexo posted:

I just popped some corn in the break room, and am cracking open a Diet Coke

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

C-Euro posted:

If the Bears don't gently caress this up, the Lions' window to win the division just closed or is rapidly closing. Maybe I just have fan PTSD but I don't like their odds against GB and resurgent Vikings & Bears squads. Last year and this year were as good as any to win but alas.

I think it's shut after this year. Suh and Fairley will both most likely bolt, leaving DT a barren wasteland, CJ is starting to get dinged up more and more, and Stafford is Stafford.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Eat poo poo emery although I have to admit the bennett, marshall, and jeffrey acquisitions were good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dattserberg posted:

I think it's shut after this year. Suh and Fairley will both most likely bolt, leaving DT a barren wasteland, CJ is starting to get dinged up more and more, and Stafford is Stafford.

Oh piss, I didn't realize Fairley was a free agent too.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Emery and Trestman can take turns giving out hobo blowjobs on lower Wacker drive for all I care, but Kyle Orton should've been able to retire with a ring dammit.

At least he'll retire with one last victory over Green Bay.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Are peoples bosses even at work today? I doubt any of you will be fired. None of my clients are answering their phones or emails.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Idzik should be forced to return every dime the Jets paid him, with interest.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Elephanthead posted:

Are peoples bosses even at work today? I doubt any of you will be fired. None of my clients are answering their phones or emails.

my boss is staring out the window while enjoying a McDonalds breakfast sandwich

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

haljordan posted:

Idzik should be forced to return every dime the Jets paid him, with interest.

He needs every penny of it. Who the hell is going to give him another job in the NFL?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Elephanthead posted:

Mine are because we've got a pretty big merger that needs to close by year's end.

Fortunately I finalized most of the transaction documents over last week (65 hours in 5 days wooo) so I'm just sitting and waiting to hear from the attorneys I work for to see if I need to be in today or tomorrow and I really hope I won't have to be because I requested today and tomorrow off months ago and had it approved.

I don't want to waste vacation time :(

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

TubeStank posted:

Why do I have a hunch that some poor team will try to coax him out in a year or two

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Elephanthead posted:

Are peoples bosses even at work today?

Jay Cutler leans back in his ergonomic office chair, stares at the drab, tan cubicle wall beyond his monitor, loosens his tie, and debates giving himself another 20 minutes for lunch

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Elephanthead posted:

I'm vacationing in Thailand right now so booyah.

Too bad I've seen two different Thais wearing Packers gear over the last week :negative:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This is Manish Mehta, so take it with a grain of salt, but if this is true holy poo poo I'm even happier John Idzik is gone.

quote:

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN
Idzik chose not to ask few strong player personnel evaluators he did know because he feared he wouldn't get credit if Jets succeeded #nyj

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The Falcons are firing Mike Smith, but not Tom Dimitroff? That seems really dumb.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pron on VHS posted:

my boss is staring out the window while enjoying a McDonalds breakfast sandwich

my boss just introduced me to my replacement

(It's ok, I am a contract worker)

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I will genuinely miss Harbaugh's epic tantrums.
BTW, I hear Singletary's available!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Professor Funk posted:

This is Manish Mehta, so take it with a grain of salt, but if this is true holy poo poo I'm even happier John Idzik is gone.

Lol what a brilliant tactical decision. Don't let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out dipshit!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The Falcons are firing Mike Smith, but not Tom Dimitroff? That seems really dumb.

It's not. Dimitroff did a decent job with the Falcons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

My boss is currently In-game: DOTA2 according to steam, so I think I'm okay.

Also wow, surprised Orton is retiring, he's only 32 and pretty much has a gig where he can sit on a bench for $5-8m a year.

• Locked thread