Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Can we play Forest every week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Am really early to the Watford - Cardiff game, had forgotten about the red kit business and am lolling pretty hard

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Also 2 matches in 3 days is some serious bullshit

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
How has Dicko only scored six goals, I swear his name comes up every week

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

HJB posted:

How has Dicko only scored six goals, I swear his name comes up every week

Maybe you're thinking of your dad's dick, which comes up you every week

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Just because Reading are doing well doesn't mean you have a licence to be so crude, though I appreciate the irony of who just scored

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Is Bournemouth going to take it all?

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
Blackburn are right proper cunts

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

JorahTheExplorer posted:

Blackburn are right proper cunts

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

After each goal they had big "Visit Malaysia" adverts on the screens, and after the 4th Watford goal some of the Cardiff fans looked like they were considering it

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
boro is a poo poo heap & the football team is bad too

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

Boro are top class

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Erimus

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

After each goal they had big "Visit Malaysia" adverts on the screens, and after the 4th Watford goal some of the Cardiff fans looked like they were considering it

I haven't been around to catch a game since last year, are the summer signings actually good?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

I haven't been around to catch a game since last year, are the summer signings actually good?

Ighalo is quiet at times but has good moments, paredes and guardierlo (?) are both excellent.

The team played incredibly for about 30 minutes today, great passing and they actually did something with all the possession, something we often struggle with. There was no let up until we were 4-1 up either which I was pleased with. There was some sloppy play after that but Cardiff are really poo poo so it didn't matter much.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

holloway out imo

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Strong rumours that Hughton will be announced as our new manager tomorrow, betting has been suspended in some places.

All I can remember is BSE going on about how boring Norwich were under him :down:

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

Pardew to brighton

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Strong rumours that Hughton will be announced as our new manager tomorrow, betting has been suspended in some places.

All I can remember is BSE going on about how boring Norwich were under him :down:

He'll get alienate/get rid of any midfielders capable of passing a football and replace them with tackly lads who'll stay in position, ruin your strikers, but probably keep you up.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
A perfect fit then since none of our midfielders know how to pass a football now, and none of our strikers have scored 5 goals this season.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
that was bad

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Leeds are going down.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I could see it. We have some quality players, but we haven't performed at all. I'll cry if we lose cook in January.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Sky wanking over the "trickery" of Hughes, more like clown car loving defending from us

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Utter shite as per, Bianchi and Doukara were useless, Cooper shits his pants too much and Sliverstri has lost his confidence

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wish the teams at the top would stop winning

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Chris Hughton is the new Brighton manager

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Eugh just eugh.

I'm sure he'll steady us away from the present precarious position, it's a very 'sensible' appointment.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Is he bringing Calderwood and Trollope with him?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Trollope yes, no idea on Calderwood their has been no confirmation on how the back room will be set up.

Nathan Jones the assistant to Oscar and Hyypia is being kept on, not sure if that's in his present position or as a coach.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

If he brings the same backroom team in I'd fully expect you lot to end up playing the same dire football we did, they've not got a single attacking thought between them.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dave Whelan has been banned for being a racist. The FA seem to think he isn't a racist though, despite him apologizing for being a racist twat.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Ilyich posted:

Dave Whelan has been banned for being a racist. The FA seem to think he isn't a racist though, despite him apologizing for being a racist twat.

That whole "we are satisfied he's not a racist" thing looks like he threatened to sue or some poo poo.

Edit : Unless banning him for being an actual racist would mean he'd be in danger of failing the fit and proper person test.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ilyich posted:

What does this even mean? I guess he won't be able to sit in the owner's box for six weeks?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I have to say I dont agree with banning an 80yo from his job for saying something that some bearded professor of linguistics at strathclyde university has decided could cause offence. otoh we got three points at wigan yesterday so at least some good has come of this disgraceful witchhunt.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

Rumors about Mclaren going to the newcastle job rather than continuing with the shitshow that is derby
or something.
He's a dickhead anyway

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Neil Adams has given our idiot fans what they wanted and resigned

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Blue Star Error posted:

Neil Adams has given our idiot fans what they wanted and resigned

At least he's apparently staying at the club. I really wanted him to do well :(

It's funny that we've gone to another former player, though. Is Phelan well regarded?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Phelan was assistant to Fergie at Man U for years so he has pedigree, never know how the transition from coach to manager will go though. He's also only caretaker at the mo although I reckon he'll get given the job. Personally I'd like to see us try to poach Karl Robinson or failing that appoint Spurs greatest ever manager Tim Sherwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Our former coach Oscar was in the country for an interview over the weekend, wouldn't surprise me if he pitched up at Carrow Road. Wish I had put a tenner on it when he was 60/1.

• Locked thread