Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So SCS is looking at which mods are super popular and then incorporating those features (more cargo, Scandinavia, and now better lighting)? I'm okay with this.

(I hope that, while they're at it, they fix the default transition from day to night, which looks like a smooth fade from the day skybox to the night skybox, complete with lots of stars clearly visible in a bright sky.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

rt4 posted:

Surely I'm not the only one who rarely plays this game because I'm afraid that I'm going to get tired of it before they add some cool new feature

I play it almost every day, just to chill out while I catch up on my YouTube subscriptions.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

FredMSloniker posted:

So SCS is looking at which mods are super popular and then incorporating those features (more cargo, Scandinavia, and now better lighting)? I'm okay with this.

(I hope that, while they're at it, they fix the default transition from day to night, which looks like a smooth fade from the day skybox to the night skybox, complete with lots of stars clearly visible in a bright sky.)

Yeah, looking at the most popular mods and then doing official takes on them is a really smart strategy - they totally get a look at what people care about enough to download something.

I wish they'd make night come a little earlier -- it's a little weird to me that full dark doesn't come until like 10 PM. I suppose they did it to make the night a bit shorter than the day, but I don't mind driving at night in this game.

rt4 posted:

Surely I'm not the only one who rarely plays this game because I'm afraid that I'm going to get tired of it before they add some cool new feature

I've got a silly amount of hours into it already, if I was going to get tired of it I guess I already would have. I don't play it quite as much as I did when it first came out (although that might have something to do with all the other good poo poo that came out lately), but it's still definitely on my short list of relaxing things to play when I don't know what else to do with myself.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

StarkRavingMad posted:

I wish they'd make night come a little earlier -- it's a little weird to me that full dark doesn't come until like 10 PM. I suppose they did it to make the night a bit shorter than the day, but I don't mind driving at night in this game.

Same. I hate getting fined for not having my headlights on when it's still loving sunny out :arghfist:

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

This game is so relaxing I find myself getting highway hypnosis on some of these longer hauls.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I keep not playing it, since I was trying to get the xmas present delivery quest done, and I haven't yet, and it actually has been feeling like work, since I'm just doing quick jobs for them in trucks I don't care about, rather than use my own.

I'm at around 70% as of right now and I don't think I'm going to bother finishing. It's just a paint job, right? I won't even use that.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Carecat posted:

SCS are the coolest developers. They are patching in a new lighting system.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/12/new-light-and-weather-system-coming.html

It's funny, in some of these shots I get a STALKER vibe. Then I thought about how cool the conflation of ETS and STALKER could be.

Get out of here TRUCKER.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah, looking at the most popular mods and then doing official takes on them is a really smart strategy - they totally get a look at what people care about enough to download something.

I've got a wintertime mod where it gets dark pretty drat early and then only gets light at about 9am. The normal ets2 season is the height of european summer where it only starts getting dark at around 10pm.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Morter posted:

Same. I hate getting fined for not having my headlights on when it's still loving sunny out :arghfist:

All lights, all the time. Blind everyone who dares challenge you.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

duz posted:

All lights, all the time. Blind everyone who dares challenge you.

Full lights, aux lighting, and brights. All day, every day.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
If your truck isn't visible from the moon, you are doing it wrong.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I keep not playing it, since I was trying to get the xmas present delivery quest done, and I haven't yet, and it actually has been feeling like work, since I'm just doing quick jobs for them in trucks I don't care about, rather than use my own.

I'm at around 70% as of right now and I don't think I'm going to bother finishing. It's just a paint job, right? I won't even use that.

It's just a paint job and not a very exciting one, so don't sweat it if it's bumming you out. I did it, but I've driven so much in my main truck that I didn't mind using a different truck for a little while, and I did it in like three long hauls while catching up on podcasts over the holiday. If you don't feel like doing it, it's no big deal at all, it's just a neat little thing they threw in for fun (and probably to test doing further events like this, especially when ATS comes out).

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

The only reason to not have all your lights on all the time is if you have so many attached that road signs turn into white rectangles. :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's just a paint job and not a very exciting one, so don't sweat it if it's bumming you out. I did it, but I've driven so much in my main truck that I didn't mind using a different truck for a little while, and I did it in like three long hauls while catching up on podcasts over the holiday. If you don't feel like doing it, it's no big deal at all, it's just a neat little thing they threw in for fun (and probably to test doing further events like this, especially when ATS comes out).

I would love to truck and listen to podcasts, but my trucking is confined to 2-4 hours each night while my 5-month-old sleeps. So, with that, it was kind of bumming me out to feel like I HAD to play it, when I just really wanted to play something quick, like shovel knight, risk of rain, etc.

Someday, I'll have way more time to waste... Someday...

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

5-month-old
Someday, I'll have way more time to waste... Someday...

Nope, sorry.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

TomR posted:

Nope, sorry.

My hope is that, when he's old enough, he'll get into it and will be bugging his mom to play multiplayer with me, and I'll be all "well, I guess if that's what he really wants...".

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
This game is really fun multiplayer, even the US server in less popular areas (eastern europe) have a decent number of people. It's so satisfying to honk my horn at some random polish dude on the other side of the highway.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Akion posted:

I did not anticipate laughing as hard as I did at this picture for some reason. Well played :golfclap:

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Hello thread! So I picked this up during the Steam sale and am trying to figure it out still. I've got a question . . . I'm using a Logitech F310 controller which is pretty much like a 360 one. How do you controller-using folks have your steering set up settings-wise? I've fiddled with things like the steering sensitivity and non-linearity but it still feels jerky and clumsy. I'm used to racing games where steering usually feels out of the box.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Akion posted:

What truck is this?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Scania T. It's a mod.

It's a bit long, but you can go 6x4 on the chassis and still have 1200l+ of fuel capacity and a 730hp engine.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Augh, never mind about the steering issues, it was the controller configuration, not the game. Switched back to my 360 controller and the game plays 100x better. It was sure expensive in repair bills trying to figure that issue out! :saddowns:

This game has the nicest bank in the world. "Oh you overdrafted? Well that's cool just pay us back whenever! Oh and here's a huge loan or two. ^___^ "

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

This is the best game ever to play while catching up on podcasts.

Just picked it up during the winter sale. So far it's been nice. Except for one delivery that had me slalom through a construction site, to a point where I kept getting high centered on a small pile of dirt in the only path. Ended up having to spend 30 real minutes backing up so I could floor it and Dukes-of-Hazzard it over that tiny bump. 19% damage, and it was late. So I lost 28k on that job with the late fees and repairs.

Came across this... demonstration outside of a paper plant.

6 or 7 protesters and about 20 cops on scene. poo poo was about to go down.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Love is good for you, those guys have the right idea.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Wow I haven't seen anything like that. That's some cool thoughtful detail.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I got this game over the Christmas steam sale and I have to say, it's way more entertaining than I thought. I thought it'd just be fun for an hour or so and then I find myself playing for an hour or two each night.

Which giant map mod is the best giant map mod? I want more cities but there seem to be a lot of them out there.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Promods has a lot of very detailed and amazing cities, meanwhile TSM has a ton more cities and way more road to cover but it's cities are a little copy-pasted even if they are improving that over time. Dunno about any of the other map mods.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Are they mutually exclusive or can you run with both?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

HondaCivet posted:

Augh, never mind about the steering issues, it was the controller configuration, not the game. Switched back to my 360 controller and the game plays 100x better. It was sure expensive in repair bills trying to figure that issue out! :saddowns:

This game has the nicest bank in the world. "Oh you overdrafted? Well that's cool just pay us back whenever! Oh and here's a huge loan or two. ^___^ "

Just in case you still want to fine tune it, I followed this video's instructions on setting up 360 controller settings and have been enjoying the game better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp95chvRLBM

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah Promods Scandinavia and TSM are mutually exclusive. It's a shame, I'd love to make ridiculous bank hauling Explosives from the Finnmark down to the Gaza Strip.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

CitrusFrog posted:

Yeah Promods Scandinavia and TSM are mutually exclusive. It's a shame, I'd love to make ridiculous bank hauling Explosives from the Finnmark down to the Gaza Strip.

It should be possible when scs release their Scandinavian dlc. The russia map works with TSM, so you could deliver explosives from Smolensk instead.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 6, 2015

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

track day bro! posted:

It should be possible when scs release their Scandinavian dlc. The russia map works with TSM, so you could deliver explosives from Smolensk instead.

Splendid. Ars Haul will become a major supplier of munitions to an already destabilised region!

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I ended up uninstalling Russian map mod because, whilst it was good, I was getting massive fps drops in the entrance city of Brest (Belarus), meaning it would either be very slow or CTD. I'm not sure if they have fixed it since then but otherwise it was very good, just really loving huge! Hauling tanks from Bordeaux to Moscow was cool but took about 3 hours real world time to do!

Also, even though the holiday competition thing was cool and all hopefully when the Scandinavia DLC comes out they can do the holiday comp again but make it so you ship gifts to the ACTUAL Lapland! :getin:

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Tendai posted:

I got this game over the Christmas steam sale and I have to say, it's way more entertaining than I thought. I thought it'd just be fun for an hour or so and then I find myself playing for an hour or two each night.

Which giant map mod is the best giant map mod? I want more cities but there seem to be a lot of them out there.

I've been swearing by using "MHA (Ms Heavy Alex) Europe" and the Rus Map which I personally haven't had any problems with luckily. They both work together and while MHA europe doesn't add as much raw road it makes what exists a lot more interesting. TSM definitely has the most raw area covered, promods is probably slightly less but very high quality, and MHA is the least new territory but the highest quality imo. Rus map is compatible with all 3 (I'm only half sure about promods) so if you don't have lag with it, you can toss that on top of any of them.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

MyFaceBeHi posted:

I ended up uninstalling Russian map mod because, whilst it was good, I was getting massive fps drops in the entrance city of Brest (Belarus), meaning it would either be very slow or CTD. I'm not sure if they have fixed it since then but otherwise it was very good, just really loving huge! Hauling tanks from Bordeaux to Moscow was cool but took about 3 hours real world time to do!

Also, even though the holiday competition thing was cool and all hopefully when the Scandinavia DLC comes out they can do the holiday comp again but make it so you ship gifts to the ACTUAL Lapland! :getin:

I've never had it crash but it does tend to chug a bit even with my GTX970, but if you use the russian map with promods you can drive from Brest (France) to Brest (Belarus) :iamafag:

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

I'm level 10, and paid off the initial 100k loan, but I still can't take out the 400k one. Is there some other requirement? It says I can only borrow 100k.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

PirateDentist posted:

I'm level 10, and paid off the initial 100k loan, but I still can't take out the 400k one. Is there some other requirement? It says I can only borrow 100k.

Hm. Presumably you bought a truck with the loan? (I mean, you could have expanded your garage, but there'd be no point.) And you don't have some email sitting in your box that you might have to actually read to get the larger loan amount unlocked?

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

Hm. Presumably you bought a truck with the loan? (I mean, you could have expanded your garage, but there'd be no point.) And you don't have some email sitting in your box that you might have to actually read to get the larger loan amount unlocked?

Nope no emails waiting. I did buy my first truck with that loan. I wonder if something is glitched...

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The 400 k loan should come just a few jobs after you get the 100k. Were you in debt at all during this time? That can reset the count I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

The 400 k loan should come just a few jobs after you get the 100k. Were you in debt at all during this time? That can reset the count I think.

I did get to -€39 for a bit thanks to repair bills followed by a toll road. I've done several jobs since then though. Might try some short hops to get my job count up later today.

• Locked thread