Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
smashing garlic with the flat of a chef knife and then mincing it by keeping the non dominant hand on the spine of the blade while raising the handle up and down with the hand holding the thing to get the mincing motion going is probably the easiest thing ever to do with a chef knife

it's not even something that requires practice (unless you're trying to go super fast)

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
To get garlic or onion smells off your hand keep some coffee grounds around. After slicing vigorously rub the grounds between your fingers. Really get it in there.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Moridin920 posted:

smashing garlic with the flat of a chef knife and then mincing it by keeping the non dominant hand on the spine of the blade while raising the handle up and down with the hand holding the thing to get the mincing motion going is probably the easiest thing ever to do with a chef knife

it's not even something that requires practice (unless you're trying to go super fast)

truths. its why the sharp part is curvy.

75-80% peeps will still axe/machete their food like a crazy barbarian no matter what knife you give em

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
So... whacking the cutting board as hard and fast as you can, with a cleaver (like the swedish chef muppet), sending vegetables flying all over the place, is the incorrect way to prepare vegetables?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i just use the natural knives god gave me when im preparing food; my teeth

chewing the vegetables and spitting them out into the pan is probably the easiest way to do it after all

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Shnag posted:

So... whacking the cutting board as hard and fast as you can, with a cleaver (like the swedish chef muppet), sending vegetables flying all over the place, is the incorrect way to prepare vegetables?

sessame street taught me lots, even some spanish words, but by not teaching proper cooking techniques childrens are left to fend for themselves and will eat mcdonalds that has almost NO GARLIC so, yes. that is incorrect. jim henson was a big burger corporate shill

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
put garlic on everything. your bacon, your gatoraide, your reeses puffs. girls will soon start noticing you and hitting you up for dates

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i have a secret garlic scrotal rub recipe ill sell for at least 10000 dollars

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Lamebot posted:

i have a secret garlic scrotal rub recipe ill sell for at least 10000 dollars

same, keeps my scroguard from itchin

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Lansoc posted:

This.. and screw the people that say they are allergic to it so the entire meal is ruined because you couldn't use any garlic.

My wife is allergic or something :(. Whenever she eats garlic she starts burping and gets a really horrible stomachache. It sucks because I love garlic.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Demonachizer posted:

My wife is allergic or something :(. Whenever she eats garlic she starts burping and gets a really horrible stomachache. It sucks because I love garlic.

You could always get a divorce.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Demonachizer posted:

why did you marry someone who can't handle garlic?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

why did you marry someone who can't handle garlic?

She is ok otherwise. It was tough though.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Demonachizer posted:

She is ok otherwise. It was tough though.

Give a ho a pepto and tell her to stfu

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
you married a vampire.

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Some say the garlich king learned his evil ways from genghis khonion, but in reality he was bread for this

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

MegaGatts posted:

To get garlic or onion smells off your hand keep some coffee grounds around. After slicing vigorously rub the grounds between your fingers. Really get it in there.

Alternatively, after you squeeze half a lemon for its juice to add to your garlicky concoction, rub the abused lemon remnants all over your hands and fingers.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
theres no way to get the smell off completely except a scrub with fine sandpaper

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
or rub with stainless steel whatever

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

put garlic in your butt hole to stimulate your...butt hole

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why would you want to get the smell off

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

My wife is puerto rican so when she started living with me I went from buying like maybe 1 or 2 garlic bulbs a year to 1 or 2 a week.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Is all garlic made equal? I usually get a sleeve of three for like a $1.50, but is there some expensive exotic versions that a plebeian like me could never hope to try? Because its a "if you have to ask you can't afford it" type deal. I pretty sure I saw at least two types of garlic at the local grocery store.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a friend who's convinced garlic is the cure for all sickness, preventing cancer, healthy skin, etc etc. Even keeping mosquitoes away. As such he consumes massive amounts of garlic and when he sweats or hasn't showered, the smell. The smell is like nothing I've ever smelled on a person. Beyond description.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shnag posted:

Is all garlic made equal? I usually get a sleeve of three for like a $1.50, but is there some expensive exotic versions that a plebeian like me could never hope to try? Because its a "if you have to ask you can't afford it" type deal. I pretty sure I saw at least two types of garlic at the local grocery store.

dont buy chinese garlic, its poo poo

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

redshirt posted:

I have a friend who's convinced garlic is the cure for all sickness, preventing cancer, healthy skin, etc etc. Even keeping mosquitoes away. As such he consumes massive amounts of garlic and when he sweats or hasn't showered, the smell. The smell is like nothing I've ever smelled on a person. Beyond description.

garlic is p good for you but he should still shower

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

garlic is p good for you but he should still shower

He does usually but if we're camping it's hard to deal with. I camp regularly with this guy too and have for a long time, so it's a running joke now. He don't care.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

redshirt posted:

isi this how indian food works too?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
came in here lookin gfor advice to tame this intractable cowlick

left with a little unexpected new nknowledge!

lif eis beautiful, please celebrate every day and say hello toa newighbor

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's with that weird garlic where it's like the entire bulb is one feeble clove

is that chinese garlic

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
I just ate three cloves of raw garlic

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

killaer posted:

I just ate three cloves of raw garlic

gj

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im sorry i killed garlicthread everybody

killaer
Aug 4, 2007

should i eat more? What is a good food to eat raw garlic with? I had some soup. Some borscht. Great stuff man. I dont have much in the fridge. Might wash it down with some red wine.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Hm my stomach is kinda feeling weird. I didn't chew the garlic much. I hope it will make me poo poo tomorrow because I do feel a little constipated...

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

youre farts will push the poo poo out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

redshirt posted:

I have a Korean friend who has the smell of garlic on him every time I see him and I've known him for 25 years. I figure I must smell like hamburger grease and cheese to him.

My wife claims that garlic keeps her awake - not because of indigestion or whatever but that it's literally a stimulant. I just use as much as I feel like using anyway and she keeps on saying it lol married life.

• Locked thread