Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

blue footed boobie posted:

There are rumors going around that Szczesny had a meltdown in the dressing room after the Southampton match and was given a huge fine.

Wenger probably took away his bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Sounds like Man City are pissing on The Third Rail

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Adnar posted:

Good, I'm glad.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30674783

Lmao.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Christ, what the hell is going on

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

ffs

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Shitshow posted:

The only meltdown I want to see him have is when he's fired into the sun. I don't ever want to see him in an Arsenal kit again.

seems like you're having a pretty good meltdown right now hahanahaha aha

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mackintosh posted:

Christ, what the hell is going on

Tbf, Rafael got a fractured cheekbone from a tackle. How does that even happen?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Buncha soft shites imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

loving hell.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Adnar posted:

Is The Third Rail NYCFC's European-style rooting section or something? Can I pre-purchase membership to establish my bona fides?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's a cheekbone injury, he'll be fine.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

good

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

How long until we write Luke Shaw off as a Carroll esque signing?

The manager doesn't want him, the fans dont want him, hell I even doubt soton would take him back now.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

You guys are still on course for a CL place. Everything's fine.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TelekineticBear! posted:

The manager doesn't want him, the fans dont want him, hell I even doubt soton would take him back now.

the manager and fans dont want him? where'd you pull that from?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

TelekineticBear! posted:

Andy Carroll cost more and injured himself falling off a barstool.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

serious gaylord posted:

Tbf, Rafael got a fractured cheekbone from a tackle. How does that even happen?

Yeovil player went for a header and made contact with Rafael instead of the ball

Similar thing happened to Paddy McNair and probably gave both players a concussion because hurr durr League One

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

TelekineticBear! posted:

Is that why LVG starts him whenever he's fully fit? I don't seem to recall any indifferent or hostile reception at OT either.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

TelekineticBear! posted:

The standard for "worst Premier League signing" is Erik Lamela, get your facts straight

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mackintosh posted:

Is that why LVG starts him whenever he's fully fit? I don't seem to recall any indifferent or hostile reception at OT either.

You're replying to a bitter Leeds fan.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.

Godzilla07 posted:

The standard for "worst Premier League signing" is Erik Lamela, get your facts straight

I thought it was still Alfonso Alves

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Godzilla07 posted:

Have we seriously forgotten Jozy already?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

joshtothemaxx posted:

Have we seriously forgotten Jozy already?

I have not forgotten Josmer; Lamela has a slightly better goalscoring record but you can buy 4-5 Jozys for the cost of Lamela even at the fee Sunderland paid

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Yeovil player went for a header and made contact with Rafael instead of the ball

Similar thing happened to Paddy McNair and probably gave both players a concussion because hurr durr League One

I heard about this. Apparently Paddy McNair suffered a serious head injury that halved his IQ to 17

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

the manager and fans dont want him? where'd you pull that from?

Van Gaal and the fans want an injury prone fat lad who cost them £30million and has been shown up by an out of position Ashley Young all season?

Although Smalling and Jones are still at the club so I guess they're just sympathetic towards retarded, overrated, midtable at best, English players

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Honestly, how many cheekbones do you need to play football? Get one of those cool carbon fiber batman masks

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Godzilla07 posted:

Jesus lad, Soldado is even at the same club. Also Balotelli to liverpool is pretty amazing

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Lol Manchesthurt United

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lamela's been really good in Europe but cant cut it in the PL yet

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

There are rumors going around that Szczesny had a meltdown in the dressing room after the Southampton match and was given a huge fine.

e: Apparently John Jensen said it on Danish TV and the host of whatever show confirmed that he actually said it (but tbf the tweet is in danish moon speak and i have no clue what it says).

Yep, he said on live tv last night that Szcz was given a massive fine and won't play again this season. Jensen says he's still mates with Steve Bould and that he told it to him. I guess we'll know for sure at the weekend if Szcz is out of the squad with a vague hand or rib injury like Almunia was after he hosed up in a game.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Wenger probably took away his bottle.

As an Arsenal player, he never had one.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Luke Shaw and Rafael are poo poo, why are united fans upset about them getting injured. Marco Reus is coming soon enough to fill in at right back.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sounds like Arsene sold the wrong Pole.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Polish media are saying he allegedly screamed at Wenger and "sarcastically" accused him of being less involved/engaged in the game than he was.

I'm going to interpret this as him saying "at least I give a gently caress".

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Luke Shaw and Rafael are poo poo, why are united fans upset about them getting injured. Marco Reus is coming soon enough to fill in at right back.

It's the United Way

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30687781

Lallana out for a month with a calf injury, just as he was starting to look good. Cool.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Oof that's really going to hurt Liverpool's chances of getting that final Europa League spot, that's tough.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

mackintosh posted:

Polish media are saying he allegedly screamed at Wenger and "sarcastically" accused him of being less involved/engaged in the game than he was.

I'm going to interpret this as him saying "at least I give a gently caress".

I'm pretty sure it's in Keane's new book that Schmeichel did this to Ferguson once, and they had it out with each other there and then and moved on instead of running off to hide in the showers and calling David Dein for advice

Wengy Status: Cracking Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm pretty sure it's in Keane's new book that Schmeichel did this to Ferguson once, and they had it out with each other there and then and moved on instead of running off to hide in the showers and calling David Dein for advice

Wengy Status: Cracking Up

Ferguson and Schmeichel have a winning mentality whereas Wenger and Szczesny are two cowards who celebrate finishing 4th like its the champions league.

• Locked thread