Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

etalian posted:

The book is better than movie since it has more gratuitous sex scenes

yeah, especially in the end when legolas and gimli explore holes with each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do orcs have sex?I need to know if they're into sex for the fanfic im writing

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

like you wouldnt believe

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Zzulu posted:

in the second movie the orcs gently caress holes in the ground and they grow like fungus in the dirt

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Nefarious posted:

Evangeline Lily is really just an off brand Kate Beckinsale.

I hate to say it but Kate Beckinsale is like a 40something mom now

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Harime Nui posted:

Kate Beckinsale did nothing wrong. I still want both her AND Evangaline Lily to sit down on my penez repeatedly. 'Course, I turned 40 two months ago so that does skew my age limit for acceptable boning a bit.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Harime Nui posted:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Zzulu posted:

Why don't the godbeings who sent Gandalf on his mission just get to work themselves and smoke Sauron with their godpowers

were they just lazy?

they were all pissed cuz mortals didnt properly appreciate what they done for them

basically spioled loving parents who cant put up with their kids growing up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Saruman was better than Gandalf, he actually seemed to have more free will/personality and found a more original solution to dealing with Sauron.

Gandalf's best plan was sending everyone on a one way suicide mission.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Saruman was better than Gandalf, he actually seemed to have more free will/personality and found a more original solution to dealing with Sauron.

its been a while since i watched the movies was saruman on saurons side or what

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Frostwerks posted:

its been a while since i watched the movies was saruman on saurons side or what

he's trying to double cross him but fucks it up real bad

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
Wait, what was saurman's plan? All I can remember was that he tried to take a peek at the Magical Stones That You Probably Should Not Be Looking At Too Much and was then mentally dominated by Sauron.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Linnear posted:

Wait, what was saurman's plan? All I can remember was that he tried to take a peek at the Magical Stones That You Probably Should Not Be Looking At Too Much and was then mentally dominated by Sauron.

He wanted to find the ring for himself, use it to defeat Sauron, and then unintentionally become just as big an rear end in a top hat

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

nobody knows what gandalf's original plan was because it went to poo poo the moment they hit moria

Zzulu posted:

the last time he assumed powerful dudebro form this happened;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjDnrw34QA

also, i love this intro

same

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bartlebyshop posted:

He wanted to find the ring for himself, use it to defeat Sauron, and then unintentionally become just as big an rear end in a top hat

Christopher Lee would make a good dictator for life.

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
Ok, I get that, but that doesn't seem like a particularly original or even good plan since the whole, you know, corruption thing, replacing one dark lord with another, etc.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Linnear posted:

Ok, I get that, but that doesn't seem like a particularly original or even good plan since the whole, you know, corruption thing, replacing one dark lord with another, etc.

Saruman thought there was no way the Forces of Good could win without using the Ring. Everyone thought they could use the Ring for good without turning evil, that was its essential temptation.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Linnear posted:

This was actually his long term plan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKJRPPA6NBQ

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The ending of Shadow of Mordor is super dumb because, knowing everything they do about the One Ring, they decide the best way to slap Sauron's poo poo is to make another One Ring but it'll work this time because reasons.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Volcott posted:

The ending of Shadow of Mordor is super dumb because, knowing everything they do about the One Ring, they decide the best way to slap Sauron's poo poo is to make another One Ring but it'll work this time because reasons.

The main theme in Shadow of Mordor is evil white men manipulating innocent orcs to do their bidding.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

DeepQantas posted:

It was greed that saved the seven kingdoms in the end. Greed and slippery feet.

Legolas would've been the worst choice. Should've given the ring to Gimli.

So Melkor was right??

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

unlimited shrimp posted:

So Melkor was right??
Uhh... Which page is his post on?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

anybody who knew about the ring and wasnta acomplete rear end in a top hat (elrond galadriel gandalf) didnt want anything to do with it bc they knew what would happen to them just like every other schmuck wh o touched it

this makes saruman a complete rear end in a top hat by conrtadiction, bc he like any potential junkie thought he would be above addiction

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Volcott posted:

I think this is pre LOTR and they didnt really know/believe that the ring was universally corrupting. Plus if the elf dude made another super powerful ring it could presumably be used for good without Sauron's interference.

Theoretically though. The next game is probably you making the ring and slowly being corrupted by it.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

celebrimbor leanred the art of ringmaking from sauron, ie every ring he makes that way will necessarily be corrupted bc the corruption is built into the process

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I think this is pre LOTR and they didnt really know/believe that the ring was universally corrupting. Plus if the elf dude made another super powerful ring it could presumably be used for good without Sauron's interference.

Theoretically though. The next game is probably you making the ring and slowly being corrupted by it.

Doubtful. The best stuff Celebrimbor (elf dude) made without Sauron's help (3 elf rings) were still weaker than the One Ring and Sauron could use it to overpower the Three. It's part of why the elves are so scared of him getting the One Ring back.

e:

quote:

celebrimbor leanred the art of ringmaking from sauron, ie every ring he makes that way will necessarily be corrupted bc the corruption is built into the process

Only the rings that Sauron touched were guaranteed to corrupt you. But once he had the One back he could turn the Three to his side and gain the knowledge of everything that their wearers had seen and done.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

nomadologique posted:

Does he know that? I barely remember the game's story I just murdered everything.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
game of orcs

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

put it this way, dude designed the basic environment and built backdoors into that poo poo, anything you code in there he can crack open like a poemogranate

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

game of orcs

shadow of mordor owns

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea buy the game now if you havent. This is more important than if one elf lord knew if the other elf lord was loving with his poo poo

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Yea buy the game now if you havent. This is more important than if one elf lord knew if the other elf lord was loving with his poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's basically the rear end in a top hat sim of the year

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

one thing i really liked about the books as opposed to the films was the depiction of the actions of the ents. of course the movies had to have epic tree battles, but it lacks the ominous feeling of "there's a forest where our army used to be wtf"

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Listen... let's talk about that elf from the last movie, pretty good I thought

naem
May 29, 2011

sexy young infidel posted:

Listen... let's talk about that elf from the last movie, pretty good I thought

same

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Ka0 posted:

Evangelion lily is hot.

:hfive:

This is scene alone justified the existence of LOST.

:swoon:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Just saw the last hobbit movie and Gandalf the loving wizard didn't do any loving magic at all. Wtf!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tony Homo posted:

Just saw the last hobbit movie and Gandalf the loving wizard didn't do any loving magic at all. Wtf!!!

He doesn't do magic. He smokes weed, shoots fireworks, and cons midgets into doing his work for him.

• Locked thread