Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Skwirl posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that being blissfully ignorant of who that is, is better than the alternative.

he's one of the giant bomb guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Dan may have certain things where he knows he has his blindfolds on and willingly doesn't take them off. This is true. He's sheltered and then did it to himself as an adult.

I am convinced that he, in his love of wrestling, is deliberately playing this up -- particularly when he first showed up -- to play the role of the 'heel' for that dynamic. It's mostly an elaborate troll.

Why? Cause he was just gleeful about it. Then he quit doing it so much and started having discussions about "weird stuff". And he's trying new poo poo now. Anime, unfortunately, but he swore it off repeatedly during all his bullshitting.

Sheltered, yes, but if you think that man completely unintelligent, read one of his reviews. They're not great literature, but it's clear he's at least articulate on a level above what he normally shows.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

So far the thread's prospects are looking better than expected. :wth:

Anyone wanna play some Borderlands 1 sometime this week?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
god drat

meta discussion of threads is worse than stux posts please stop it

e: maybe make a thread for discussing the games chat thread, or an irc for you all to flaff about with each others turgid gas chamber posts

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 5, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what is the first jrpg that will be speed runned during agdq or did i already miss it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hubris.height posted:

god drat

meta discussion of threads is worse than stux posts please stop it

e: maybe make a thread for discussing the games chat thread, or an irc for you all to flaff about with each others turgid gas chamber posts

whoah

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hubris.height posted:

what is the first jrpg that will be speed runned during agdq or did i already miss it
I think the first and only JRPG run will be Final Fantasy VII, it's like 4th run before the end of AGDQ. Maybe there's something else, check yourself - I haven't memorized all JRPGs out there.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

kalstrams posted:

I think the first and only JRPG run will be Final Fantasy VII, it's like 4th run before the end of AGDQ. Maybe there's something else, check yourself - I haven't memorized all JRPGs out there.

highlight of sgdq for me was the ff6 run towards the end, i figured they'd have a ton to fill time at the end. i'll take a look at the list thanks for the link

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Is this a serious post cause I kinda wanna play that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ahundredbux posted:

why wouldnt it be serious? borderlands is good fun.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

Yeah it's serious.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

https://www.instant.ly/report/54a985dde4b0cea5d72c8c2a
reddit star citizen survey of 2988 people, some observations:
  • 97% male and almost as many people specified a joke gender as female
  • 15% have spent $1000-9999 on star citizen
  • 5% of that group did so while making <$10k/year
  • 59% want it to feature nudity for some reason
  • 41% have "complete" confidence it will be a great game on release, 49% have "high" confidence

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Only if I can use Brick and this rifle someone gave me called the "bitch rider" that fires 300 rounds a second and holds infinite ammo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sdoots posted:

Only if I can use Brick and this rifle someone gave me called the "bitch rider" that fires 300 rounds a second and holds infinite ammo

The best way to use brick is to only use his action skill but get the CD on it to basically nothing imo.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nude spaceships?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Davincie posted:

nude spaceships?
I'm not even going to pretend that I get most of these people.

Edit:

univbee posted:

well poo poo, now you made me remember that someone on their forums was legit-asking for authenticity in their piracy and have the ability to rape the crew of the ship they took over :suicide:
:stonk:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'd nod my head and promise to add anything to my space game as long as people kept throwing money at it.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

The best way to use brick is to only use his action skill but get the CD on it to basically nothing imo.

I agree but I like to go up to people online and go "hey check out this dumb modded gun someone gave me" and then tell them the stupid name it has that is loving hilarious if you have enough alcohol in you or are in high school.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 5, 2015

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sdoots posted:

I agree but I like to go up to people online and go "hey check out this dumb modded gun someone gave me" and then tell them the stupid name it has that is loving hilarious if you have enough alcohol in you or are in high school.

Some of the names in BL1 ended upbeing pretty funny my favorite was my eridian sidearm 01110101010101

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Some of the names in BL1 ended upbeing pretty funny my favorite was my eridian sidearm 01110101010101

I wish the Eridian stuff wasn't generally terrible. They seemed fun but then you used them and they did piss-all damage.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

icantfindaname posted:

So I'm playing Far Cry 3, and in addition to the "white man sees the heart of darkness from the noble savages and the big titty temple queen" or whatever the gently caress, apparently there's also a Pulp Fiction style exploitation homorape scene

gently caress You Ubisoft

yeah ive avoided these for a reason !

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hubris.height posted:

highlight of sgdq for me was the ff6 run towards the end, i figured they'd have a ton to fill time at the end. i'll take a look at the list thanks for the link

:kiddo:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I can't remember but is there a borderlands 1 guys or gal who is good with shotguns? The soldier guy perhaps?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

I can't remember but is there a borderlands 1 guys or gal who is good with shotguns? The soldier guy perhaps?

Roland (soldier) has a skill specifically devoted to shotguns.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

kalstrams posted:

star citizen

Beautiful. I've said it before, anyone who legit dropped over a grand on star cit before anything was playable and it WASNT to re-sell to these people later? It would serve them right for the entire game to be a disaster.

I've got a lot more respect for the people ballsy enough to have forseen this and risked over a grand but made good money easily.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Is there any real reason for the Star Citizen guy to even actually ever make the game?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

started Dark souls 1 yesterday. Apparently I am better at gaming than I was 2 years ago because it is a lot easier than when i tried it when the PC version came out. I hope I can stick with it an finally beat the game.

Kicking is hard still though. I guess that's on purpose? half the time I do a lunge attack.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Is there any real reason for the Star Citizen guy to even actually ever make the game?

If he wants to retire, no.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

started Dark souls 1 yesterday. Apparently I am better at gaming than I was 2 years ago because it is a lot easier than when i tried it when the PC version came out. I hope I can stick with it an finally beat the game.

Kicking is hard still though. I guess that's on purpose? half the time I do a lunge attack.

The timing is pretty tight on the kick. Early on I had to consciously force myself to start moving the stick forward first, but after enough practice you can do it naturally

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yup, 47 hours in my kicks still are hit or miss.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
The Legend has no use for your scrubbie kicks.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope everyone's got some entries for that fan fiction dome contest thread lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Acquire Currency! posted:

I hope everyone's got some entries for that fan fiction dome contest thread lol

That thread is a good chance to say the naughty N word to everyone under the guise of Literature. (Please don't do that).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ahundredbux posted:

he's one of the giant bomb guys

Oh, they aren't terrible, good for him then.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That thread is a good chance to say the naughty N word to everyone under the guise of Literature. (Please don't do that).

A 1500 hundred word recall of how in minecraft 360 I made my black friends mine for resources while I built stuff.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i cant' wait to play star citizen when it comes out this holiday season

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

shut the gently caress up stupid hydrocephalic human being

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ArfJason posted:

:yikes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted: