Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Tonight Tuesday, December 30th at 7 PM PST, our heroes take a drug-induced dream trip for answers behind the fire forest. There is literally no telling what happens next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Can I switch my level 5 daily to 'Unyielding Faith'? I decided I don't really want to deal with implement powers.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I can't find the mumble channel, does it still exist?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
They get wiped periodically so it might be gone now, but anyone can recreate it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't let me lol

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

Doesn't let me lol

Well, it worked for me. 420 Virgin Nerd Station is back in misc channels.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
To everyone who hated gettin' dazed a million times that fight (possibly just me): Superior Will is a really fuckin' good feat.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
So I forgot to tell y'all about how I started feeling uneasy about my last Burning Skies group.

Now, by this point, I had noticed that the DM was a little... inflexible. Conversations with NPCs tended to Very Obviously Follow A Path, and such, and I figured the DM might be a little railroady. Which isn't terrible, this is pre-published after all.

I was playing a Wizard/Knowledge Bitch. Like, at level 5, he had a 20 arcana, 18 religion, and 14-16 on every other knowledge skill. He was a librarian, and He Knew poo poo.

So, we get to the dream seeds.

I read them over, and find the goblin inscription that basically says "Take one, everything is ok, but take two and you die." My character, being a librarian, needs a little more prompting to take some random-rear end seeds, so I ask if I can make a nature check. DM says sure. I roll, like, 35 or something stupidly high.

DM: "You can tell that the speech pattern matches up with a goblin writer."

I say "Uh, ok. Can I check the seeds with nature and see if they're actually these dream seeds?"

DM: "Well, you can check to see that the writer probably was goblin."

Me: "I don't care that the writer was goblin, I want to know if I can check the seeds."

DM: "Well, no, not really."

Me: "Ok. I turn to the party and say 'We really shouldn't take these seeds.'"

DM: "Ok, but you'll be missing out on part of the story."

Me: "So we should take them?"

DM: "Only if you want to follow the plot."

Me: "WELL LET'S TAKE SOME DRUGS THEN"

So yeah. I asked him later, and the reason I couldn't check about the seeds wasn't that there was a note saying "The players can't know if the seeds are real! It's a MYSTERY!" but rather there was no specific note about using a knowledge check to identify the dream seeds, so he just assumed it couldn't be done. Book didn't say you could examine the seeds, so you can't.

My time with the group was rapidly coming to an end.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol that DM

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

The dumbest part about all that is that the seeds are a complete side quest, and are in fact NOT part of the essential plot. No particular dream sequence is specified (it's just more of a "weird poo poo happens, here's a dream elemental to throw at them") and there are plenty of clues in the main story path to figure out all the elements of the mystery. I was actually a little surprised everyone was down for the drug dream with almost no reservations.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I was assuming it was necessary for the main quest thing, to be honest.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Erik wanted to learn more about the bitch rear end indominable-bitch fire. Erik does not like him very much.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
So, what day are we playing this week? You didn't say before I left, kaynorr.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming wednesday.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Tomorrow I will find out if I am going to be busy on all Wednesday evenings forever or not.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

I'm assuming wednesday.

This assumption is correct, unless Flame112 is forever condemned to a world of no Wednesdays. I await the answer with baited breath.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

kaynorr posted:

I await the answer with baited breath.

You and me both, buddy.

Out of curiosity are people available on Tuesdays/Thursdays?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm available for both, so let's play 2 times a week.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I'm available for both, so let's play 2 times a week.

I'd be down with this, on occassion. Anytime the girlfriend is out of town (so probably the next few weeks, and again in March-April) I'm free for a second night of gaming. There are some encounters coming which are pretty cool but sizeable, so it would be great if they could be run back-to-back so we get the crunchy goodness while keeping the story moving.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
...I could actually do that this week holy poo poo. I may just be a bit late getting everything in those days.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Update: Wednesdays are dead to me. Hope everyone can make an alternate time. I'm available Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
I'm fine with Tuesday and/or Thursday being the new days.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Tuesday and Thursday are both good for me. Anyone have a problem with settling for Tuesdays, and saving Thursdays for emergencies?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
For now Tuesdays are best but Thursdays should work as well for the rest of the month.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Let's convene tonight, Tuesdasy, January 6th at 7 PM PST. Cerepol, hopefully this time works for you as well - if not please post when you can and we'll move to Thursday.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Can't do tonight but Thursday works well.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Cerepol posted:

Can't do tonight but Thursday works well.

Thursday it is! We'll be playing this Thursday, January 8th, at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I got a shift this thursday D: But can still do tonight.

I also wanna check that Wednesdays are now a no go in future?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Let's do both, that way both Togg AND cerepol have to miss one

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Let's have the same session on each day. We just had a weird dream sequence and now it's time for déjà vu.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

So it looks like no game this week because (unless Friday works for everyone), how does next week's Tuesday and/or Thursday look for everyone?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Tuesdays and Thursdays. If we did Friday, I might be a bit late, but I could probably do it.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Friday works for me, and I don't care which of Tues/Thurs the thing is on.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Next tuesday work. I can do friday is it starts a bit later can I can be drinking.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Have you already started

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
I can do Friday but I might be a little bit late.

Otherwise, I'm good for next Tuesday/ Thursday.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

That's four votes for Friday (I can do it as well), so if we get Cerepol's thumbs up then Friday is a go. I'm flexible on time as everyone is, all I'll be doing is watching Smite World Championships.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I should be fine for next Friday. I should check this thread more often I didn't even see the updates.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
We're talking about tomorrow Friday right? Not next week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

We're talking about tomorrow Friday right? Not next week?

Sure either or

EDIT: I'm an idiot I just remembered why I was talking about next week I work at 7 on Saturday and I would prefer some sleep.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 8, 2015

• Locked thread