Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Skeesix posted:

Looked in a little further. I obviously can't confirm that they're all the same people, but the last photo is Olga Andrianova in 2010. She managed the Russian women's curling squad from at least 2003-2012 and probably much longer. With Sochi coming up Russia decided to drop her and hire some Swiss(?) guy to do better. Of course the only team that did worse in women's curling was the US at Sochi. So far we're well in RUSSIA.jpg territory.

There is also a record of an almost 6 foot tall Olga Andrianova competing for the USSR in the women's discus in 1976. That Olga was born in 1949, meaning that the bottom picture is of a 63 year old woman. Turns out if your hot Russian girl is also an Olympic-level athlete the babushkization will be slower than normal.

that woman could crush a man with her powerful legs even at 63

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Skeesix posted:

Looked in a little further. I obviously can't confirm that they're all the same people, but the last photo is Olga Andrianova in 2010. She managed the Russian women's curling squad from at least 2003-2012 and probably much longer. With Sochi coming up Russia decided to drop her and hire some Swiss(?) guy to do better. Of course the only team that did worse in women's curling was the US at Sochi. So far we're well in RUSSIA.jpg territory.

There is also a record of an almost 6 foot tall Olga Andrianova competing for the USSR in the women's discus in 1976. That Olga was born in 1949, meaning that the bottom picture is of a 63 year old woman. Turns out if your hot Russian girl is also an Olympic-level athlete the babushkization will be slower than normal.

God drat, if I had a lab I would give you a r/d grant to try to isolate this phenomenon

naem
May 29, 2011

Isn't there a Babushkizasia separatist region outside Kyrzzziggushistaistan

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Speaking of babushkas, Russia sent a team of them to Eurovision Song Contest in 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOTBIJCAnKE

They seem so happy to be away from whatever Siberian hellhole they were abducted from, while knowing that after the show, they will be shipped right back to knit potatoes out of rusty steel wool :shobon:

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Naxuz posted:

Speaking of babushkas, Russia sent a team of them to Eurovision Song Contest in 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOTBIJCAnKE

They seem so happy to be away from whatever Siberian hellhole they were abducted from, while knowing that after the show, they will be shipped right back to knit potatoes out of rusty steel wool :shobon:

Fun fact, they're actually members of a repressed ethnic minority. You have to wonder who made that decision, seeing how they usually get beaten or murdered for writing newspapers in their own language.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
"C'mon Eileen"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

twit666 posted:

"C'mon Eileen"

I have a weird compulsion to mention that the person who wrote and performed that song freely admitted that it means exactly what you think it does.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

twit666 posted:

"C'mon Eileen"

Alright gonna come out and say it- her nipple is in the side of her tit

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The other kid is only missing a cigarette for a perfectly accurate illustration of Russia.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

mobby_6kl posted:

The other kid is only missing a cigarette for a perfectly accurate illustration of Russia.

Add some lovely bangs on that forehead and you're set!

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

mobby_6kl posted:

The best part of this is like a few seconds later when a fire extinguisher fails to work or something and Archer says, "how are you even a super power?!?!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What? You hear machine guns and decide now's a good time to take out the... oh, that's groceries.

I'm sorry. I thought it was garbage.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

mobby_6kl posted:

Not squatting or doing floor gymnastics on top of a bridge, rated 3/10

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Did someone give her a small dead dog?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Mr. Popo posted:

Did someone give her a small dead dog?

a meal you mean

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Now family can eat.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=394075457420685

Can't find it on YouTube but it's most definitely in fitting with the vibe of the thread and the wonderful, dark and unwavering Spirit of the Slav.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 7, 2015

bignose
Mar 21, 2006
fucked up
I am going to Belarus next week (with some student organization). Here's a short piece about the national cuisine from the Belarussian organizers... potato is life.

quote:

While in Belarus, you should definitely try national Belarusian dishes. Belarusian
national cuisine has a long history. The most popular product and ingredient of the
Belarusian cuisine is potato. Potato is at the Belarusian table every season and in
any state - fried, boiled, baked, stuffed. It is an ingredient for soups, and salads, and
patties. One of the favorite specialties among all the generations of the Belarusians
is, for sure, draniki - potato thick pancakes. Certainly, potato is not the only one that
the Belarusians eat. Carrot, cabbage, peas, sorrel, mushrooms, berries, river fish, as
well as cultured milk foods are also widely used in the cuisine. It is specific, that the
dishes of the Belarusian cuisine are rare very spicy. The Belarusian cuisine cares not
so much about some special ingredients, but the process of their cooking. Just one
product (whether it is oatmeal, or rye flour, or potato) can be cooked, but then it is
cooked complexly.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=394075457420685

Can't find it on YouTube but it's most definitely in fitting with the vibe of the thread and the wonderful, dark and unwavering Spirit of the Slav.

its poland and that looks staged for some reason

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

bignose posted:

I am going to Belarus next week (with some student organization). Here's a short piece about the national cuisine from the Belarussian organizers... potato is life.

Belarus is russified as gently caress so you are basically going to a soviet museum

Belarus is closer to Poland and Baltic states than to Russia but as long as comrade lukeshenko is in power they all think of themselves as russians

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

bignose posted:

Minsk is a nice enough place and the people seemed super super nice when I was there. Not sure if recent happenings changed anything but they seemed to like Americans. If I wasn't married/with my wife I am pretty sure I could have had a lot of sex. HTH.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

From the Critterquest thread.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Hogge Wild posted:

crows as a species own balls

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_rZgkg2cUA

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

so, how many of those women look 30 60 years older since that was from 2009 or so?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

How Russian is born

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

this was IDed as a non-russian no?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

http://vimeo.com/1223566

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

vivisectvnv posted:

this was IDed as a non-russian no?

Norwegian.

EDIT: His youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/apetor

Max Manus fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 8, 2015

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Demonachizer posted:

Minsk is a nice enough place and the people seemed super super nice when I was there. Not sure if recent happenings changed anything but they seemed to like Americans. If I wasn't married/with my wife I am pretty sure I could have had a lot of sex. HTH.
not anymore because you don't have backwards letters anymore lmao

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i watched that herzog documentary about siberian trappers or whatever that sombody recommended here and holy poo poo :stare:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah its pretty cool the way they maintain those different cabins and pole around on those little canoes. badass dogs too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
dude was splitting a tree using sharpened parts of the same tree

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

PathAsc posted:

so, how many of those women look 30 60 years older since that was from 2009 or so?

all of them

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Looks like a good 40th birthday to me!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

thathonkey posted:

i watched that herzog documentary about siberian trappers or whatever that sombody recommended here and holy poo poo :stare:

It's amazing and available on Netflix Streaming, everybody

Happy People - A Year in the Taiga

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

On the one hand that's adorable and once again shows how awesome crows are.

On the other hand it's worrying because animals have waaaaay lower alcohol tolerances than humans. It's possible that could've ended up killing the crow directly or indirectly by making it stumble into traffic or something :(

Top City Homo posted:

crows as a species own balls
:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogs own

• Locked thread