Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nnnotime posted:

:eyepop:
Those are pro-clicks right there, yessir.

Conan's Walker Texas Ranger lever was the funniest thing he's ever done even if it did ultimately lead to that stupid chuck norris meme bullshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxNi1o6Upg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
texas seems like a pretty cool place, just to judge from the types of people who you see loudly declare their hatred for it

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwzONiaH_k

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mange Mite posted:

texas seems like a pretty cool place, just to judge from the types of people who you see loudly declare their hatred for it

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEFwx3WKZM

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

If you can't be happy in Texas you won't ever be happy. Probably should stick your sob story rear end in therapy

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
I had a buddy who had a "i shot selena" shirt that had bullet holes through selenas face. he wore it to school one day an principal Gutierrez made him turn it inside out

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KongMu posted:

I had a buddy who had a "i shot selena" shirt that had bullet holes through selenas face. he wore it to school one day an principal Gutierrez made him turn it inside out

same thing happened to me except for it was a che Guevara shirt and it was principal batista

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mange Mite posted:

Real talk: Texas is a great place. There are plenty of lovely places and lovely people, yes, but there's so much loving space you can get as close or as far away from it as you'd like. You don't HAVE to live in a lovely area. The state is your oyster, friend.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Shinjobi posted:

Real talk: Texas is a great place. There are plenty of lovely places and lovely people, yes, but there's so much loving space you can get as close or as far away from it as you'd like. You don't HAVE to live in a lovely area. The state is your oyster, friend.

heck yeah that's why I will never live anywhere other than Austin

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

nnnotime posted:

Here's our theme song, which I wake up to every day:

Probably :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyGp98Xoq9g&feature=youtu.be&t=51s
Probably :nws:

edit: YEEEEEE-HAAAAWWWWWWWW

Don't miss the beginning with the call from the redneck guy who thought The Revolting Cocks were a male strip act.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gnarlyhotep posted:

heck yeah that's why I will never live anywhere other than Austin

Not the biggest fan of Austin, myself. I have a love/hate relationship with Houston, and the DFW area isn't that bad so long as you avoid certain areas. I-35 is under construction right now, and by the year 2149 I betcha DFW will be the greatest place on earth to drive through.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
My cousin has a band in austin called headshy. They are basically portishead but good.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

anything for selenas

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SaltLick posted:

anything for selenas

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

:chanpop:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

KongMu posted:

My cousin has a band in austin called headshy. They are basically portishead but good.

where do they play?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i recently moved out of Texas but I like to think I'm just joining a sleeper cell for the eventual texas uber alles

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Khanstant posted:

i recently moved out of Texas but I like to think I'm just joining a sleeper cell for the eventual texas uber alles

quiet, comrade. not here

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

gnarlyhotep posted:

where do they play?

scottish right theater alot. Gypsy lounge too.

Im not from austin so i dont know these places but you can find out where they will play on facebook. My cousin used to front 7% solution back in the 90's. And its very 90's style music so if you dont like that you wont like them

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

KongMu posted:

scottish right theater alot. Gypsy lounge too.

right on I'll add this to the meetup thread, thanks!

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

gnarlyhotep posted:

right on I'll add this to the meetup thread, thanks!

Right on thats cool of you. I don't claim they are great but they play music live and its a thing. I mean i like it but im an old piece of poo poo so whatever

http://www.headshy.com/

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

KongMu posted:

Hey now, this sounds interesting. I'll have to try and catch a show.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

KongMu posted:

Right on thats cool of you. I don't claim they are great but they play music live and its a thing. I mean i like it but im an old piece of poo poo so whatever

hey we're always looking for more stuff to do, going to a show would be cool

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHUfHTDiShY

This is their single and right now they are working on a new album. I dunno my cousin was big in the 90's with his band 7% solution (not like pearl jam big but like hey i had a write up in rolling stone before the internet big) and his wife fronts the band. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever i can ask them directly. They are really chill.

edit: also apparently the people in the theater of the video are from mars volta. I dunno but thats what they told me

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

i guess the one good thing about the irrational texas pride is that people who are born in texas rarely leave texas to gently caress up other good parts of the country like people from the midwest do.

LonsomeSon posted:

As someone who grew up in Texas, I can state with authority that there are no words to describe how utterly and completely awful Texas is in every single way. gently caress that place and everything about it to death, forever.

Hey, why do you hate Texas so much? :(

TontoCorazon posted:

I'll take a dick if it means texas can not exist anymore.

whoflungpoop posted:

what wishes did you make on your first dozen dicks

Oh I want to try!

Uh, yo momma!

Take that Tonto :smug:

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

KongMu posted:

You are the worst hype man

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I agree

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

DangerZoneDelux posted:

A video was posted. I liked it :) I'll def have to check them out.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
I am also currently thinking about brewing a beer that is based off of their three tier perfume concept. an english IPA. I will put the logo on the bottle, send it to them, and have them give it out at their shows. But this is probably 6 months from now or more.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Wamdoodle posted:

A video was posted. I liked it :) I'll def have to check them out.

:woop: awful nice of you they will be around and they get alot of radio play around the nation on non satellite radio

KongMu fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 12, 2015

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Does the guy on the far right need an aspirin? If he's allergic I think Texas has plenty of new-age stuff and Eastern Medicine that can help. I have seen the priests here from China do amazing things, putting needles into people's skin to make the migraine pain go away.

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

nnnotime posted:

Does the guy on the far right need an aspirin? If he's allergic I think Texas has plenty of new-age stuff and Eastern Medicine that can help. I have seen the priests here from China do amazing things, putting needles into people's skin to make the pain go away.

he's allergic but really the answer to your question is "austin"

edit: when i lived in kunming the chinese dr i went to tried moxibustion on me but ended up dropping a bunch of lava hot ash into my belly button and i screamed like a bitch

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Hope this thread can be as friendly as Friendtalk

I'm still salty about the football game :romo:

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
i have been to texas twice

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
San Antonio goon checking in. Still cold. It's been cold for like 72 hours straight now im a little scared.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

This song is a classic

Only great thing to come out of texas and she gets shot the gently caress up.

TontoCorazon fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 12, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
One thing Texas is known for is its suicidal last stands. The Alamo. Charles Whitman. Waco.

I'm just saying if you're gonna get overrun and need a bunch of dudes to go down with you, and give it their best go, Texans are the folks to call.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Nathilus posted:

San Antonio goon checking in. Still cold. It's been cold for like 72 hours straight now im a little scared.

I know. It's been cold for almost a week in Houston and I just don't know what to do anymore.

Also lol @ the jealous bitches hatin' on Texas. It's ok guys, your state might eventually do something unique and cool and good. Like become part of Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Wamdoodle posted:

Hey, why do you hate Texas so much? :(

Well friend, it turns out that living with Texans can be very unpleasant for a thoughtful individual, especially if that individual is any combination of

Not white
Not male
Not straight
Not christian
Not middle class or better

Bonus points if, when people ask of them questions the answers for which they don't want to hear, such an individual replies in a forthright and honest manner, instead of joining the gushing semen geyser from the generic-Texan circlejerk.

Serious chat, I absolutely loved and jerked it to Texas and being a Texan--probably harder than any Texas apologist on these forums. But then...I traveled! Turns out there places in the world, other than Texas, that a lot of things in Texas are utterly hosed (by first world standards obviously), and that in the last decade and a half or so poo poo has gotten more hosed.

Words can't express how I felt when it finally hit me all at once that I was really doing it, really leaving! And when we actually passed over the border into New Mexico, never to return as anything other than (very reluctant) visitors?! A feeling of just...peace. Sublime, serene, and shocking for its unexpectedness, it's still with me now. Before that day, I would wake up and every morning would be great by default because I was no longer in Iraq.

Now, I wake up in Oregon and the mornings are sweet no matter how gray and rainy, because when I step outside it won't be into a maelstrom of hatred, bigotry, and aggressive ignorance. It's all there, I'm sure, if you go looking for it (still a human society after all), but it's not fashionable or even acceptable to trumpet that poo poo.

Okay that's my piece, trash me or whatever and then get back to fracking or hoarding ammo or whatever it is Texans do nowadays.

• Locked thread