Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

TOILETLORD posted:

got surgery on my bones got a bad infection and had all the layers of skin kinda open up like the pages of a book after the cast came off, and then they kept me awake with no pain meds, put a puss bucket under my foot, and let me watch them pull the rods out. My mom said they asked if they could amputate and she said no.

:chanpop:

Holy moly is your foot okay nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

:chanpop:

Holy moly is your foot okay nowadays?

yeah it's fine except for 2 six inch scars that are finally starting to fade. I probably should of gotten my other foot fixed too because it can't support my body weight unless i walk pigeon footed on it but ehhh. can't really do much about getting born with bad foot bones.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Sorry about that man. I have big scars on my chest from several surgeries as well. I've finally grown to like them a lot though :)

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I was born in Orange and have lived in either Anaheim Hills, Villa Park, Orange, Orange Park Acres, Irvine and Anaheim my entire life. At least 1/2 of my family has been here since before it was a state and that half has a fairly major street named after them.

I've also eaten here, which is as far as any of you poors will ever get.*

California loving rules, but being from a loaded family in California is the best thing.

*They changed the entrance to around the corner recently so now it's just a room with the old elevator that goes nowhere, but they have a tour that will take you inside.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Winner is Jew posted:

I was born in Orange and have lived in either Anaheim Hills, Villa Park, Orange, Orange Park Acres, Irvine and Anaheim my entire life. At least 1/2 of my family has been here since before it was a state and that half has a fairly major street named after them.

California loving rules, but being from a loaded family in California is the best thing.

*They changed the entrance to around the corner recently so now it's just a room with the old elevator that goes nowhere, but they have a tour that will take you inside.

Did you drive a low tier BMW in high school?

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Be rich.
Live in Orange County.

Always seemed kinda dumb to me.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

A Winner is Jew posted:

It must be really fancy if the dress code is Adidas track jacket.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I'll be at the Ontario Public Library tomorrow and I'd love to meet goons in my area. PM me if you're down.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Redkist posted:

Mmmmmyeeeesssss, sir, if I could take take your coat?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Redkist posted:

What the gently caress is this Russia?

It's casual as poo poo as far as fancy dining goes but unless you're wearing a collared shirt and dress jeans under that your rear end it out the door.

Also, fun fact about that place is if you leave you seat for more than 90 seconds your napkin gets refolded or replaced if it's soiled at all.

Redkist posted:

Be rich.
Live in Orange County.

Always seemed kinda dumb to me.

Sorry, being rich owns no matter where you are.

etalian posted:

Did you drive a low tier BMW in high school?

No, I wasn't low class new money.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

A Winner is Jew posted:

What the gently caress is this Russia?

It's casual as poo poo as far as fancy dining goes but unless you're wearing a collared shirt and dress jeans under that your rear end it out the door.

There's a guy with a track jacket inside the restaurant in the picture you posted.

So what do you do with your life now, old money inheritance guy?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Redkist posted:

There's a guy with a track jacket inside the restaurant in the picture you posted.

So what do you do with your life now, old money inheritance guy?

That's Blue Bayou which is next door, totally different place that accepts reservations and walk-up's from the common folk and doesn't require a membership with a $25k joining fee and 10k a year annual fee.

I do very high level BIM management for buildings/clients all over the US, but my companies office is located in newport beach. The inheritance is nice but right now it's paying for my wifes grad school at a private university in old town orange.

vvv nahh, we've been married 7 years and she actually almost left me when she found out about my families money. vvv

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 12, 2015

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Nice man hope you got that prenup.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Cheers. I haven't really explored Orange County that much so it's kind of unfair for me to hate, I just haven't enjoyed my experiences in Mission Viejo/Santa Ana/Costa Mesa/Stanton/Tustin all that much.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Redkist posted:

Cheers. I haven't really explored Orange County that much so it's kind of unfair for me to hate, I just haven't enjoyed my experiences in Mission Viejo/Santa Ana/Costa Mesa/Stanton/Tustin all that much.

Aside from there being virtually no culture (LA has the best museums), it being conservative as hell and expensive as gently caress, there are a ton of amazing hiking and mt. bike trails, the best beaches in CA are in OC, Ducks & Angels games are fun, and while it's cool to hate on Disney it's actually chill as gently caress to hang out at/walk around/get decent food if you're a season pass holder and don't give a gently caress about getting your monies worth in a day.

It probably helps that I live between The Pond and Disneyland though.

Dead Precedents posted:

The coast of non rich rear end in a top hat parts of Orange County is cool. gently caress the rest of it.

This basically.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 12, 2015

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Redkist posted:

The coast of Orange County is cool. gently caress the rest of it.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Mission Viejo is terrible. Ended up moving back home after graduating college, can't wait to get out again.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!

Symetrique posted:

Mission Viejo is terrible. Ended up moving back home after graduating college, can't wait to get out again.

My friend is stuck there right now while trying to find a job here in San Luis Obispo. Hope he gets out sooner than later.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So does anybody else have a libray with a cafe that serves beer and has a firewall-less signal? Or is that like finding a needle in a haystack?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

You really shouldn't be eating and drinking around borrowed books, but whatever it takes to bring the public in I guess.

naem
May 29, 2011

Really nice public libraries with cafe type things sound great but they're a magnet for insane people who talk to themselves in the landscaping

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Redkist posted:

Costa Mesa goon here. Lived in the OC for about 4 years now, I like it. It's less hectic than LA, but still close enough that you can go just about anywhere fun on weekends (LA and Long Beach adjacent, Vegas a 4 hour drive, one hour from Temecula wine country and hot springs, etc.). Or even just hang out on the pier in Huntington Beach, it's usually lively and not too pricey.

But yeah, rental and housing prices suck donkey balls. $1400 a month on a 600 square foot one-bedroom apartment. And it's not even luxury or new. Just expensive.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Benny the Snake posted:

So does anybody else have a libray with a cafe that serves beer and has a firewall-less signal? Or is that like finding a needle in a haystack?

is this a real thing?

that sounds wonderful but it'd probably be abused

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
u can get drunk at a library just fill a thermos w/ booze

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
California owns bones hella wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Grew up in San Jo, been living in LA (well, SFV) last 8 years, I miss the bay sometimes but drat you can not beat this weather.

Not so sure about this word on the street that we're getting the Rams back though, can't we get a team that doesn't suck? Or one that does but at least owns it like the Raiders again?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

u can get drunk at a library just fill a thermos w/ booze

This is how the guy talking to himself in the landscaping does it.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

bensnotacat posted:

is this a real thing?

that sounds wonderful but it'd probably be abused
There are like one or two transients who hang around but other than that my library is pretty clean. Yeah you can order beer but it'd probably be cheaper to go to a proper bar. Like I said, it's a cafe.

naem
May 29, 2011

withak posted:

This is how the guy talking to himself in the landscaping does it.

It's always fun when they seem fairly normal at first, like it's an older guy in business casual clothing with a briefcase and laptop bag.

Then you realize he's just talking into his hand (there's no phone). And that his socks appear to be drawn on with shoe polish.

naem
May 29, 2011

Later his conversation with himself seems to go bad and he tries to get up to leave angrily, only he's spread out his belongings across three picnic tables, and can't figure out how to put them back, his belongings consisting of a tarp, a stack of legal documents that appear to have been stapled on every corner multiple times (forming a convenient brick of paper), a sweatshirt with fizzy kitties on it, a butter knife, several syringes, three dead mice, and most of a pigeon.

Also his belt is a bungee cord he can't unfasten, which seems central to winning his argument with "Kevin," a man who does not exist

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The SFPL employs a full-time social worker for stuff like that.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
So I've been living in my apartment in Sherman Oaks for about a year now and it just kinda hit me about an hour ago, this building is really ... Russiany. I have a good friend who lives about two miles away and when I think about it the majority of his neighbors I've met have also been Russian.

Is that like, a thing over here?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

All the earthquakes, mudslides and drought is just making up for the lack of snow.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive seen a bunch of Rooskie Magazine type stores up in the valley, so yeah it would make sense for there to be a fairly large Russian population

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moonbeam's greatest accomplishment was banging Linda Ronstadt

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

A Winner is Jew posted:

Lol, have fun w/ your $30 theme park food

edit: Fine, you meant Club 33. Have fun with your $80+ theme park food.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 13, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
some people have too much money, and other people know how to take it from them

naem
May 29, 2011

Perfect weather
Perfect weather
Perfect weather
Perfect weather
FIRESTORM!! BURIED ALIVE!!! SEISMIC HOLOCAUST!! TSUNAMI HELLWAVE EROSION!!
Perfect weather

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Absolute Lithops posted:

Lol, have fun w/ your $30 theme park food

Orange County rear end in a top hat lives up to the county's reputation

:wth:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I have a group of socal friends who constantly post at poo poo like Club 33 and Magic Castle and stuff

I dunno if I wanna join a magician guild but it seems like a fun time so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

naem posted:

It's always fun when they seem fairly normal at first, like it's an older guy in business casual clothing with a briefcase and laptop bag.

Then you realize he's just talking into his hand (there's no phone). And that his socks appear to be drawn on with shoe polish.

california homeless are the best, they don't give a gently caress. the top three i saw there were
3) gandalf, who sat on various street corners around chico with a sign that said "homeless, deal w/ it, cash only, no food"
2) cat man, who had a shopping cart full of cats on leashes
1) fashionable mind control ray woman, who shaped her entire hair with thousands of meticulously-molded pieces of tin foil

• Locked thread