Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

The Game Theorists keep popping up as a recommended youtube channel and I wish they would go away

Is Mario a Communist?

Is Peach dead?!

Is Link a ghost?!?!??!?!!!

What if the legend of zelda were a coma dream?

what if portal were a vegetative state delirium?

what if final fantasy 8's latter half were the hallucination of a dying man who is in a coma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

makes you think .....

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Is Bowser racist?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

kalstrams posted:

Is Bowser racist?
Well, that's not exactly a theory, now is it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

kalstrams posted:

Is Bowser racist?

Well, yes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what if lightning is the baby

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
lightnings breasts vs. lightnings armpits: where do you stand?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
maybe if mario was a communist he wouldn't be such a little prick

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just looked up this Game Theory channel and they have a video which posits that Polybius was an extension of the CIA's MKULTRA mind control experiments with LSD. and the video included plenty of real facts about what the US government did to people like give one guy LSD every day for 6 months without telling him. so, the rest of their videos may be clickbait and dumb but if some kids get to learn about that then cool I guess?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

On the other hand it's a really obvious hoax and the CIA couldn't successfully cover up a workplace secret santa without numerous leaks and a congressional hearing so they're probably doing history a disservice by presenting MKULTRA (i.e. stuff that actually happened) alongside their bullshit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
whatever happened to Twitch Plays Pokemon? i remember when that was the hottest thread in Games. the first like 3 days were pretty fun and then i got bored

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They did it, then it kept on going and it got boring and then it still kept on going, the first playthrough had it moments though.

I thought you had a ton of posts in that thread though? You used to have a Flareon avatar

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought that gif where they kept falling off the little ridge was funny, but i've never seen anything else

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

precision posted:

I just looked up this Game Theory channel and they have a video which posits that Polybius was an extension of the CIA's MKULTRA mind control experiments with LSD. and the video included plenty of real facts about what the US government did to people like give one guy LSD every day for 6 months without telling him. so, the rest of their videos may be clickbait and dumb but if some kids get to learn about that then cool I guess?

I just watched that video and it's like baby's first loose change. It literally ends with 'Sure there's no evidence, but doesn't that just show how deep it goes?!?!!'

The world doesn't need more truthers

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Davincie posted:

i thought that gif where they kept falling off the little ridge was funny, but i've never seen anything else

The time we defied the odds and actually used the master ball to catch Zapdos, and then immediately murdered most of our party to make room for him was pretty funny. Also the spinner maze was hillarious

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A Steampunk Gent posted:

The Game Theorists keep popping up as a recommended youtube channel and I wish they would go away

Is Mario a Communist?

Is Peach dead?!

Is Link a ghost?!?!??!?!!!

I clicked on some random game review once and now one of my recommended channels is some fat british gamer dude who as far as I can tell mostly just complains about Anita Sarkeesian. The thing is, he's not even the fifth or sixth person to devote an entire YouTube channel to this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Steampunk Gent posted:

They did it, then it kept on going and it got boring and then it still kept on going, the first playthrough had it moments though.

I thought you had a ton of posts in that thread though? You used to have a Flareon avatar

a ton of posts in the first like week, yes. like i said it got boring real
fast.

the Flareon av was bought for me, dunno why.

oh man they're still doing it, looks like they're playing some 3D pokemon game and the screen is more full of infogarbage than a CNN news feed, what is even happening

precision fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 12, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

zen death robot posted:

what is your excuse

trap sprung i am as red as they come and also fantastic and wonderful. perhaps you should go back to imp zone before you have another weird freak out or maybe send WFG over to have a huge weirdo meltdown again idk

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stux posted:

its the big fedora game being made by literal neo-nazis

fedora isn't an adjective you catastrophic retard

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

fedora isn't an adjective you catastrophic retard

your fedora is showing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
here we go strap yourselves in

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

precision posted:

a ton of posts in the first like week, yes. like i said it got boring real
fast.

the Flareon av was bought for me, dunno why.

oh man they're still doing it, looks like they're playing some 3D pokemon game and the screen is more full of infogarbage than a CNN news feed, what is even happening

They started doing pokemon saltybet with pokemon stadium autoplays, which is about as thrilling as it sounds. None of the stuff in the later games really matched up to the original, with the exception of red's party in silver being the hall of fame team from pokemon red which was pretty cool, imo the guy behind it should have called it quits there and let it end on a high

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hubris.height posted:

My body is ready. :suspense:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ArfJarson's feud with Widestancer was much hotter, this is just embarassing

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

your fedora is showing

I know you have better owns than this. You strike me as someone who would actually be pleasant to have a conversation with or game with if it weren't for the horrific veneer we all place over our posting here.

I could be wrong but it's a new year and I'm determined to somehow make Games a better place dammit.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
stux please never post here or in the TCC goons thread ever again thank you in advance friend

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stux posted:

your fedora is showing

You are embarrassing yourself. Why are you doing that to yourself?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I know you have better owns than this. You strike me as someone who would actually be pleasant to have a conversation with or game with if it weren't for the horrific veneer we all place over our posting here.

I could be wrong but it's a new year and I'm determined to somehow make Games a better place dammit.

i like the idea of this thread if that helps

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I think some people from this thread might have added me on steam. If you add me and I have no idea who you are (your username is different than your forums name or I just don't know you at all) I probably won't add you back so let me know via PM or post or something if you do.

Steam friends are fun and I think we have enough people to make a badass game of Worms Armageddon or Bloody Good Time.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm irrationally excited about a dbz game in the year 2015 help

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It's always the year of goku

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
they should make a dbz tactical rpg so i can play a dbz game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I think some people from this thread might have added me on steam. If you add me and I have no idea who you are (your username is different than your forums name or I just don't know you at all) I probably won't add you back so let me know via PM or post or something if you do.

Steam friends are fun and I think we have enough people to make a badass game of Worms Armageddon or Bloody Good Time.

Im too tired for this right now, be back in 5 to 8 hours to properly enunciate just how much of a dick vacuum catclysm you are

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

Im too tired for this right now, be back in 5 to 8 hours to properly enunciate just how much of a dick vacuum catclysm you are

:eyepop:

but yea lets play worms together and also all buy the dbz game when it comes out and then fight each other

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

ArfJarson's feud with Widestancer was much hotter, this is just embarassing

I what

Please do not ship me with widestancer, my terminal illness is punishment enough

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ArfJason posted:

I what

Please do not ship me with widestancer, my terminal illness is punishment enough
He is your terminal illness. :3:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i got called in for a job interview tomorrow.

on the one hand, money.

on the other, less time i can waste running people over in Sleeping Dogs

the sacrifices we make

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Excels posted:

i got called in for a job interview tomorrow.

on the one hand, money.

on the other, less time i can waste running people over in Sleeping Dogs

the sacrifices we make

play videogames at work, duh

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ArfJason posted:

I what

Ah, a permanent case of cranial rectal inversion. Tragic :( Wait. How do you post?

Edit: I'm sorry. That was a cheap shot :)

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

hubris.height posted:

he's just such a boring retard

• Locked thread