Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
anroid is literally of "gently caress you dad, i know best" of pos os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
you guys would lose your poo poo (well mostly just cremnob) in India because everyone and their dog and the dog's kids have some sort of samsung phone. it's goddamn ridiculous

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

saucepanman posted:

in India because everyone and their dog and the dog's kids have some sort of samsung phone.

probably the best marketing apple could probably do

'see these guys who literally have rivers full of dead bodies and no working sewage? their phone of choice is the samsung'

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
gf bought a cheap LG running kitkat bc she needed a new phone fast and there were no good used iphones available

lmao i cant believe how bad anroid still is. like there are 3 ways of arranging icons on the screen vs ios' 1 way except the ios way is good and all anroid ways are bad, but get this: there's 3 of them so it's żbetter?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

newreply.php posted:

gf bought a cheap LG running kitkat bc she needed a new phone fast and there were no good used iphones available

lmao i cant believe how bad anroid still is. like there are 3 ways of arranging icons on the screen vs ios' 1 way except the ios way is good and all anroid ways are bad, but get this: there's 3 of them so it's żbetter?

tastes like freedom

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
also it has a default music widget in brushed alu with a pic of a cd on it

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

LastInLine posted:

good android devices

such as?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

nexus and motorola ones

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
i had a nexus. it was good, when it was working

but it had a lot of very serious problems that went unpatched for years, and one was never patched and meant a system reset at least once every 8 months or so to remain usable

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
most of the the samsung flagship phones have been needs suiting for my friends/family/coworkers

but they make like a gigantic mess of other skus, none of which i've ever seen an actual human being using

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Amethyst posted:

i had a nexus. it was good, when it was working

but it had a lot of very serious problems that went unpatched for years, and one was never patched and meant a system reset at least once every 8 months or so to remain usable
if serious problems going unpatched for years is a problem to you then maybe android isnt for you

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

nexus and motorola ones

also the new sony ones

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

saucepanman posted:

also the new sony ones
lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
supposedly they're good, even if the company is doing really bad

might be what i end up getting when i dump my dumbphone since they purportedly are the only manufacturer that makes a non hugephone with not-poo poo hardware

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the z3/z3 compact and z1 compact are p.good. insane battery life - 80h on average even with the big z3.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
80 hrs of prolonged suffering

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

i know lg has been a cargo cult of samsung for a while now but my g3 is unironcially suiting my cellular phone needs far better than any samsung i've ever tried to use

the g3 might be the only non-poo poo lg phone though, idk

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yotaphone

e:

Variable_H posted:

i know lg has been a cargo cult of samsung for a while now but my g3 is unironcially suiting my cellular phone needs far better than any samsung i've ever tried to use

the g3 might be the only non-poo poo lg phone though, idk
g3 is well regarded by android users who dont buy into samsung attempts to hatefuck with apple

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

that said if it gets a loli-pop update anytime in the near future then that might change

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
these red hot testicle and nipple clamps may seem bad to you but get this: they were free on contract and last over 80 hours! they even threw in the anus scalding rod for FREE

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

much unlike your posting

newreply.php posted:

these red hot testicle and nipple clamps may seem bad to you but get this: they were free on contract and last over 80 hours! they even threw in the anus scalding rod for FREE
please dont post your personal fantasies itt

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

newreply.php posted:

please don't kink shame

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

newreply.php posted:

excuse me, that's thermorectal cryptoanalyzer

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Fabricated posted:

much unlike your posting

oh no

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

saucepanman posted:

you guys would lose your poo poo (well mostly just cremnob) in India because everyone and their dog and the dog's kids have some sort of samsung phone. it's goddamn ridiculous
except now with android one, chinese manufacturers can easily undercut samsung since they're already making the cheapest hardware possible AND google has taken away the need for them to do any of the software development

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

except now with android one, chinese manufacturers can easily undercut samsung since they're already making the cheapest hardware possible AND google has taken away the need for them to do any of the software development

the chinese manufacturers have already been undercut. there are like 3 or 4 local brands (micromax, karbonn etc) selling rebranded chinese phones for really really loving low prices.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

android one is not going that well in india because it effectively bypasses the carriers so almost no indian carriers will sell a phone with android one on it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

saucepanman posted:

iPhone is an aspirational brand for rich people in developing countries. the other billion Indians are going to have to suffer their terrible local phones. it's a tragedy of extreme poverty and history may judge us harshly for allowing it.

did you know that there are people in the western world that choose to buy an android even though they can afford an iPhone? that's some hosed up poo poo right there.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The Management posted:

iPhone is an aspirational brand for rich people in developing countries. the other billion Indians are going to have to suffer their terrible local phones. it's a tragedy of extreme poverty and history may judge us harshly for allowing it.

did you know that there are people in the western world that choose to buy an android even though they can afford an iPhone? that's some hosed up poo poo right there.

unfortunately we did away with internment camps

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

it hurts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Necc0 posted:

it hurts

~CHECK OUT THE PHONES~

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
apple doesn't really care about adoption in the third world or they would actually price their phones at least comparably with the US (it's a full $100 cheaper to buy a phone here compared with china)

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
people I China would not be buying iPhones if they were cheaper.

well they would but it wouldn't be something aspirational to look up to when you make 1000rmb a month and a iPhone costs 10000rmb

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

reminds of moscow, dumbos and dumbettes taking mortgage loans to buy iphones back in the day

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

you can't use your house to make phone calls, who is the dumb one now??

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

oh man

im down for this newfangled long-burger technology

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"nutrition" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Dolomite posted:

you can't use your house to make phone calls, who is the dumb one now??

also, how would I yospos from my house lol

• Locked thread