Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Laputanmachine posted:

It touched me in the darknuts so much they turned blue and started throwing daggers at me.

Screw Zelda 2, where's Game & Watch Zelda at? It's surprisingly complex for a G&W game. It even has dungeons and items and bosses!

Zelda 2's fine, it just doesn't stand out in any way to most people to begin with.

As for the Game & Watch game, that didn't matter a whole lot to me since other LCD handheld makers were also moving away from simple "guard the lanes" and similar types of gameplay. I had Acclaim's Ironsword handheld around that time. Acclaim tended to put out a good number of games with multiple objectives just like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I would feel a lot better about Zelda 2 if the knockback wasn't so bad. Getting knocked into holes all the time is the worst.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My personal opinion is that the worst thing about Twilight Princess is the missed opportunities, such as turning the spinner into a skateboard for travel across the worldmap.

There were too many moments in TP that legit enjoyed so much so that I can't hate it. The flashback scene to dark Link's, the old hero you fight for new moves, the scene where Link truly becomes comfortable and shows everyone what a hero he is, and the bug lady.

I also kinda enjoyed everything with Zelda, but ultimately I wish there was more of it.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Twilight Princess is great because you can start fishing within the first hour and then proceed to do nothing else for six hours :colbert:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Crigit posted:

One of my best friends is named Niko, so I got a kick out of listening to you guys talk about how much he sucks. I sent him a timecoded link and now he has declared internet war on you. So, sorry about that. Maybe I should have widened the excerpt to include context but that seemed like it would be less fun.

Ask him if he wants to go bowling

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Twilight Princess is great because you can start fishing within the first hour and then proceed to do nothing else for six hours :colbert:

Breath of Fire IV is the best Zelda game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Sorry, y'all are wrong. The best Zeldas are Link's Awakening, Okami and Majora's Mask. :colbert:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This is definitely the Zelda with the best characters. I just remembered that my favourite minor NPC in anything ever is in this game.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I've only played a few of the Zelda games personally, mostly because I didn't own many Nintendo systems growing up. The ones I do remember playing are the Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons, and Twilight Princess. I've also played a little of the original (A playthrough which ended quickly because holy hell that game tells you nothing) and also the Ocarina of Time, but not enough of either to have a solid opinion about.

I have to say I preferred the Minish Cap over Twilight Princess, in the end (Oracle of Seasons doesn't really get a mention because from what I remember it felt identical to the Minish Cap, but with less personality). It's not because I particularly disliked the Twilight Princess, it's just that I don't remember particularly liking it either. It's probably because I never really got past the super long beginning slog, since I ended up getting lost at some point and didn't know where to go next. I tried playing it over again but I couldn't really bring myself to focus on playing it for any extended period of time.

Having never seen Wind Waker before, I really wish I did buy it now that I see what it was like. It seems like something I would be all over as a kid, but unfortunately I don't believe I ever ended up getting it despite having a gamecube. I would totally buy the HD remake though if it weren't for my lack of a WiiU.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Buy a WiiU then.

Hedrigall posted:

So which of OoT, MM and WW are you leaving out of your top 2?

Before SS came out, was garbage, and ruined the pattern, all of Ocarina's successors surpassed it.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Rodyle posted:

Buy a WiiU then.

As much as I would love to do that, money is an unfortunately scarce thing at the moment. :(

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Breath of Fire IV is the best Zelda game.
This man knows what's up :frogc00l: BoF4 was pretty friggin' rad.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm disappointed that Geop missed out on the pig quest.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'm disappointed that Geop missed out on the pig quest.

He didn't want to pig out on pig related content too early

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Star Man posted:

I love how all but one person completely forgot about Zelda 2, as if it's some kind of bad memory. Show us on the doll where Zelda 2 touched you.
My mother hated video games when I was growing up, so OoT was my first Zelda.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Arguably a better use of 6 hours than slogging through the plot and the dungeons.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

All the Zelda games are good, but Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword are the best ones

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
So Geop has a map in his lap.

Calling it now; he still gets lost. :v:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

McDragon posted:

This is definitely the Zelda with the best characters.
I would be with you on that if it wasn't for Groose.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I would be with you on that if it wasn't for Groose.

Groose loses points for being in the worst 3D Zelda.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
This thread is already going straight to the goldmine

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:swoon:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Vicas posted:

This thread is already going straight to the goldmine

As this is a nautical game wouldn't that be sunken nazi goldmine?

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

That is amazing.

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts

I have to watch Zardoz occasionally as a part of my job, this image dulls the pain somewhat, thank you :)

a small accompaniment to that comic for those that have seen endured enjoyed the film;

Tomapella
Aug 18, 2007

It's only fair to tell you,
I'm absolutely cuckoo.

Excellent. This is the only thing missing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHxmAsINDk

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

cofaigh posted:

I have to watch Zardoz occasionally as a part of my job, this image dulls the pain somewhat, thank you :)

WTF kind of job do you have where that's a requirement? :psyduck:

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts

citybeatnik posted:

Film archive assistant.

I've become extremely familiar with most of John Boorman's contributions over the years, including Zardoz.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

citybeatnik posted:

Torturer.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

cofaigh posted:

Film archive assistant.

I've become extremely familiar with most of John Boorman's contributions over the years, including Zardoz.
I bet you know him as John BOREman at this point. :haw:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

As someone who hasn't seen Zardoz, I'm just a dude who's nervously looking from person-to-person in a room full of laughing people :staredog:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Geop posted:

As someone who hasn't seen Zardoz, I'm just a dude who's nervously looking from person-to-person in a room full of laughing people :staredog:

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts

Geop posted:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Geop homework: Watch Zardoz.
All 105 unintelligible minutes of it.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

It's said that Sean Connery took the lead part in Zardoz in an effort to distance himself from his old role as James Bond.

He succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Geop posted:

Guess what Kuvo's making you watch this weekend.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Geop homework: Watch Zardoz.
All 105 unintelligible minutes of it.

Revolver...

OCELOT

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Geop posted:

Zardoz is hot garbage; slow, plodding, stupid garbage. Not even in an entertaining way; it's just people trying to trick you into watching something..

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts

Niggurath posted:

Zardoz is hot garbage; slow, plodding, stupid garbage. Not even in an entertaining way; it's just people trying to trick you into watching something..

The best part is Boorman, in the commentary, admitting to having to edit in obvious exposition scenes to explain away some of the wackier segments. The film still makes very little sense. He was the writer, director and producer of the film so it was always going to be pretty out there.

I hope Geop visits one of those heads noticed (and mentioned) in one of the earlier videos to put this Zardoz-talk to bed. Then again, such a visit might send it into overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Some Numbers posted:

The yeti house dungeon's item is basically useless.

Some Numbers posted:

Groose loses points for being in the worst 3D Zelda.

Wow I have never seen two wronger Zelda opinions come out in such quick succession.

• Locked thread