Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

and mohammed, a medieval warlord, certainly wasn't

it's like making fun of the president. you just don't do it!!!

are you incapable of original thought? its fine if you are but you have to tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

The Snark posted:

What is more important, denouncing murders over cartoons or the dead cartoonists as being racist (even though they weren't)?

ITT: Denouncing dead cartoonists.

Pretty sure this is a new low point.

Can I get someone with archives to confirm that?

Those dead cartoonists were Western and white, you see. Not making GBS threads on their freshly dug graves could jeopardize one's cred as a Progressive Social Justice Warrior.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

paranoid randroid posted:

im sure you can find much worse than people arguing about cartoonists

batman's shameful secret.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Agag posted:

Murder all poors who can't afford archives in the name of Allah.

And you have the nerve to criticize others for being unfunny, tsk.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Iamblikhos posted:

Those dead cartoonists were Western and white, you see. Not making GBS threads on their freshly dug graves could jeopardize one's cred as a Progressive Social Justice Warrior.

They were pieces of poo poo.

Its still illegal to murder pieces of poo poo, so what's the problem? You can't get your dick up for some "deport all the mooslims" ranting unless we also canonize a bunch of people who drew sambo cartoons for a nothing magazine?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

newreply.php posted:

are you incapable of original thought? its fine if you are but you have to tell me

mom says I don't have to tell you anything

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
http://blogs.bookforum.com/review/2015/01/08/the-false-piety-of-the-hebdo-hoodlums/

Pro read.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Snark posted:

And you have the nerve to criticize others for being unfunny, tsk.

Sorry you're poor.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

im sure you can find much worse than people arguing about cartoonists

I thought the "bin laden was being oppressed by the us and if you think about it its really our fault he murdered thousands of random people. we are the real terrorists" thread when bin laden was killed was the low. This is pretty close

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Agag posted:

They were pieces of poo poo.

Its still illegal to murder pieces of poo poo, so what's the problem? You can't get your dick up for some "deport all the mooslims" ranting unless we also canonize a bunch of people who drew sambo cartoons for a nothing magazine?

Say, Agag, what country are you in? Can you read French? Do you know anything at all about the Cartoonists that died other than 'they drew a cartoon you were able to get offended by'?

Same questions to you, newreply.php.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 14, 2015

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hey guys just popping in to say IM the most progressive person here on this particular issue. thanks.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Iamblikhos posted:

OMG you guys! America prosecutes people who reveal state secrets! Clearly it's hypocritical of them to show solidarity with their close ally after a bloody terrorist attack on journalists!

doing something bad makes you every bad thing. i cheated on my taxes, now i hit women with baseball bats.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I thought the "bin laden was being oppressed by the us and if you think about it its really our fault he murdered thousands of random people. we are the real terrorists" thread when bin laden was killed was the low. This is pretty close

it was kinda funny because i thought people where agruing blowback and other rightful stuff about how his death was meaningless but lol nope actual terrorism apologia and D&D tears that Obama/US military completed their mission successfully.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Agag posted:

You can't get your dick up for some "deport all the mooslims" ranting unless we also canonize a bunch of people who drew sambo cartoons for a nothing magazine?

I do neither. And neither does anyone itt aside from a couple of people obviously trolling you and others like you.

But I seem to have struck a nerve. My apologies.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
Agag, did you also agitate for Colbert to be cancelled after he said "ching-chong ding-dong" as part of a bit?

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agag posted:

Some people think Charlie Hebdo is racist, but what if you look at the drawings at AREN'T sambos? Makes you think.

are sambo drawings even considered that racist in france i mean this is europe we're talking about here

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

NutritiousSnack posted:

doing something bad makes you every bad thing. i cheated on my taxes, now i hit women with baseball bats.

not ever having done a bad thing myself I can definitely imagine that this is what happens

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Snark posted:

Say, Agag, what country are you in? Can you read French? Do you know anything at all about the Cartoonists that died other than 'they drew a cartoon you were able to get offended by'?

No French, just a little Quebecois.

They died because they were soft targets in a war of mutual atrocity that's been going on for 13 years.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agag posted:

They died because they were soft targets in a war of mutual atrocity that's been going on for 13 years.

this is not mutually exclusive with saying they were shot for dumb cartoons

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

In that case you're still a million times better human being than these terrorists.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

well a bunch of marines did go into a sovereign country at night and killed an elderly man in the presence of his family

keep me updated on your sense of right and wrong when you are done counting the "muslims killed for democracy" vs "westerners killed for islam"

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Boner Zone posted:

are sambo drawings even considered that racist in france i mean this is europe we're talking about here

True. I'm probably being racist against French culture here.

I'm Crap posted:

Agag, did you also agitate for Colbert to be cancelled after he said "ching-chong ding-dong" as part of a bit?

I doused myself in gasoline and lit myself on fire outside of his studio. But a Muslim guy was standing nearby with a fire extinguisher and put me out, so I owe the ummah now.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i scanned an organic bell pepper as a regular one at the self checkout and now i do terrorism

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Agag posted:

No French, just a little Quebecois.

So fuckall.

Well that's not surprising.

newreply.php?

Agag posted:

Sorry you're poor.

Also superprogressiveawesome of you to mock someone you perceive to be poor, Agag! You're surely a worthy arbiter of justice.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
i called someone a loser online once now i burn crosses

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

i called someone a loser online once now i burn crosses

no one cares you think this is the 1860's? burn some korans.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Crosspostin'

"I see that you will be murdered by terrorists... In your memory, the bells of Notre-Dame will toll, there will be a great parade with Hollande, Valls, Sarkozy, Cope, Merkel, Cameron and even Netanyahu... There will be tricolor flags and the Marseillaise will be sung... There will be calls for your pantheonisation The pantheon is basically a temple to the great men of the republic, includes people like Marie Curie, Alexandre Dumas, Voltaire, NASDAQ and the French Academy will say "Je suis Charlie" and the Pope will pray for you..."

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Agag posted:

I doused myself in gasoline and lit myself on fire outside of his studio. But a Muslim guy was standing nearby with a fire extinguisher and put me out, so I owe the ummah now.
answer the question dipshit

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Fat Lowtax posted:

I like how for English speakers who don't think about politics with any more subtlety or complexity than I think about hockey, Charlie Hebdo were either immediately Heroes Standing At The Gates of Eurabia or Evil Racist Provocateurs

(Go Rangers)

The Rangers sucked poo poo last night

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Crosspostin'

"I see that you will be murdered by terrorists... In your memory, the bells of Notre-Dame will toll, there will be a great parade with Hollande, Valls, Sarkozy, Cope, Merkel, Cameron and even Netanyahu... There will be tricolor flags and the Marseillaise will be sung... There will be calls for your pantheonisation The pantheon is basically a temple to the great men of the republic, includes people like Marie Curie, Alexandre Dumas, Voltaire, NASDAQ and the French Academy will say "Je suis Charlie" and the Pope will pray for you..."

Number of people who need police protection because of this cartoon: 0

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ok anyone saying these dopes are on par with voltaire is just getting caught up in the moment

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

TOILETLORD posted:

no one cares you think this is the 1860's? burn some korans.

im like 78 and im super into throwing potatos at the irish

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I burned a dozen hot cross buns, does that count as racism?

Tell me so that I can start punishing myself with 50 lashes of the multicultural acceptance whip.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

im like 78 and im super into throwing potatos at the irish irl.
mash them mix in some vasoline and make potatoe napalm.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

im like 78 and im super into throwing potatos at the irish

oh poo poo so youre the guy screaming about tammany hall at the city council meetings

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Snark posted:

Also superprogressiveawesome of you to mock someone you perceive to be poor, Agag! You're surely a worthy arbiter of justice.

Well poo poo, now I have to like and defend racist cartoons.

I'm Crap posted:

answer the question dipshit

You won't get far in life with that sense of entitlement. The world doesn't owe you anything, forums user I'm Crap.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey it should be noted that Ronald McDonald is a racist character of the Irish and nobody bats an eye.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

Every time you ear a croissant you insult Islam.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

ok anyone saying these dopes are on par with voltaire is just getting caught up in the moment

double voltaires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if you were truly progressive you'd give france gun laws as loose as arizona.

• Locked thread