Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, with all this talk about ordering the MM or MH Nu3DS in the US of A, where do the good old Europeans order theirs? On the UK, neither Amazon, Nintendo's own web store, or GAME seem to have them, and the UK's usually the first to get stuff so I haven't even bothered checking some of the other countries.

NOE at least twitted what faceplates we are getting:

I find it amusing the faceplates are on the right position, but the limited edition XLs are facing the wrong way.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

General Morden posted:

Aren't the games and save data tied to the system?

Forgive me, I'm not too familiar with how the 3DS handles all this stuff.

I thought someone in the thread had said that it was all on the microSD but yeah, I'm not so sure. This is a problem because I'd want to keep my savegames but do the trade in deal as well.

Edit: Reddit says that Gamestop will let you take it all home then refund you the trade-in value

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 14, 2015

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Have people been getting Monster Hunter demo codes yet? I've been watching my email like a hawk.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You must physically possess both 3DS systems at the same time in order to do a system transfer and associate your games with the new system.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is the screen size the same between the new and old 3dsxl? Gonna preemptively buy some screen protectors if that's the case.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is the screen size the same between the new and old 3dsxl?

Yes.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

You can trade your 3DS on release day. Apparently to do a system transfer, they'll let you buy your New 3DS, take it home, do your system transfer, go back to the store, return the New 3DS and repurchase it with the trade in amount.

I mean, call into your GameStop and see what they say, but I was told this.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
I am weak. Sending it off to Amazon for trade-in and I will call Nintendo later about transferring NNID. Looked through my saves and really things are either done or I forgot what the heck I needed to do by now. Got a 3ds USB cable that can plug in to any USB charger at home so can live without the adapter.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Who else wants to join me in submitting MSRP offers to the eBay resellers profitting off the Majora's Mask 3DS XL

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Create a bunch of new accounts saying you're selling the MM XL for retail and bring the price back down. Easy peasy.

But does anyone know how much data is moved over a system transfer if the majority of data is held on the SD card? It shouldn't be that data-demanding to do it over a tethered phone, right?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Just took my lunch break to go to and back to/from the only Gamestop in the area that still had a preorder available when i called, and they were out by the time I got there. God dammit. : (

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

CuddlyZombie posted:

Just took my lunch break to go to and back to/from the only Gamestop in the area that still had a preorder available when i called, and they were out by the time I got there. God dammit. : (

Same here. Don't bother going in-store to Gamestop.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Saoshyant posted:

So, with all this talk about ordering the MM or MH Nu3DS in the US of A, where do the good old Europeans order theirs? On the UK, neither Amazon, Nintendo's own web store, or GAME seem to have them, and the UK's usually the first to get stuff so I haven't even bothered checking some of the other countries.

NOE at least twitted what faceplates we are getting:

I find it amusing the faceplates are on the right position, but the limited edition XLs are facing the wrong way.

GAME has said on twitter that they'll have details for the MH4U 3DS tomorrow.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
When it comes down to it Nintendo should be to blame for the ebay scalping because Nintendo only makes a very limited run of those collector's edition systems and scalpers know this. Nintendo should either make enough of them available to discourage the scalpers or don't make the collector's edition systems at all.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I heard from someone that the US is only getting the nuXL. Did I miss a tragic announcement somewhere?

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

No one's actually said it was GameStop exclusive right? I heard it was up on the Canadian Amazon page (and sold out) but it must have went down because it didn't turn up in search results. I'm just holding out hope that somewhere else gets it in stock since Majora's Mask is one of my all-time favorites and I really like this design.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

nuru posted:

I heard from someone that the US is only getting the nuXL. Did I miss a tragic announcement somewhere?

During the Direct this morning, they explicitly only mentioned the XL.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

nuru posted:

It's true. Nintendo hasn't given an explanation as far as I know but North America is only getting the XL.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

oblomov posted:

I am weak. Sending it off to Amazon for trade-in and I will call Nintendo later about transferring NNID. Looked through my saves and really things are either done or I forgot what the heck I needed to do by now. Got a 3ds USB cable that can plug in to any USB charger at home so can live without the adapter.

drat that Amazon easy trade in practice. They actually credit you with the trade in amount before you even ship them the device (if you have Prime). Hmm... $116 will buy me some PS4/Vita games... I guess I could just wait for 4DS....

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What if Nintendo is getting the regular but only Gamestop is getting the XL? :')

e: The forum font really fucks up a crying a smiley.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Well, poo poo. Everyone I know wanted a normal new 3ds, no one seems to want the XL.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Does the New 3DS use microSD or just standard SD like the old 3DS?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Does the New 3DS use microSD or just standard SD like the old 3DS?

microSD only.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So I just spent all my money on a WiiU last weekend, I can't afford an N3DS any time soon. MH4U and Xenoblade are all I'm really interested in, can I still play them on my normal 3DS? If so what will I be missing out on?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Luminaflare posted:

So I just spent all my money on a WiiU last weekend, I can't afford an N3DS any time soon. MH4U and Xenoblade are all I'm really interested in, can I still play them on my normal 3DS? If so what will I be missing out on?

Monster Hunter probably, Xenoblade no.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Luminaflare posted:

Monster Hunter, yes. Xenoblade, no. Xenoblade is the only known new 3DS exclusive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Xenoblade is N3DS exclusive, full stop. MH4U has some fancy camera stuff with the C-stick and I think some improved graphics?

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Luminaflare posted:

Xenoblade is New 3DS only due to needing the processing power. I haven't followed MH4u so I'll let someone else say for sure, but I think you can use that on your old 3DS, it just might be awkward with controls.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Luminaflare posted:

MonHun yes. Xenoblade no.

edit: holy poo poo way beaten

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Policenaut posted:

Xenoblade is N3DS exclusive, full stop. MH4U has some fancy camera stuff with the C-stick and I think some improved graphics?

I think the MH4 you won't have to boot into that fame mode. It supports the CPP, so even a stick is no biggie.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

CuddlyZombie posted:

That's what I get for giving them a chance again.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Policenaut posted:

MH4U also does not support the CPP for camera stuff.

Edit: it has been found that I am an idiot. Nothing new there though!

flyboi fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 14, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I've gotten to the point, mentally, where if Nintendo announced a special edition SNES regular new 3DS, I'd buy it even if it were exclusive to K-Mart.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

nuru posted:

Well, poo poo. Everyone I know wanted a normal new 3ds, no one seems to want the XL.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh here we go. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on New 3DS will have "enhanced graphics", C-stick controls, and allow you to customize what the ZL and ZR shoulder buttons do.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

flyboi posted:

Of course it doesn't. I'm really starting to despise the hardware side of Nintendo.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

5 damned people standing in line in front of me at Gamestop, all there for the same thing. 5 damned people on the waiting list ahead of me.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Nintendo Store opens preorders for this thing tomorrow at 9am. I think the best bet at this point is gently caress gamestop and go there; and ask if they do in store xfers, put the preorder in there and then try my luck selling it on Craigslist and hope I don't get shived with a sharpened copy of Syphon Filter.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

flyboi posted:

The demo asked me if I wanted to use the CPP though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

The demo asked me if I wanted to use the CPP though.

Maybe that changed but that was what was initially announced. Dunno *shrug*

Got a N3DS XL and a XL CPP anyways :smugdog:

• Locked thread