Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ChaosArgate posted:

And bad people in censored DBZ didn't go to hell, they went to HFIL, the Home For Infinite Losers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffZ0vjMH2I

Ahahahaha, holy crap, I never realized how shoddy that was. The narrator says "another dimension" when the guy is lying on the ground decapitated.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Goodbye everyone, I'm going to the other world.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

Cheez posted:

Goodbye everyone, I'm going to the other world dimension.

:colbert:

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
My favorite was when Nappa killed Piccolo and Gohan sadly tells Goku when he arrives, "He sent Piccolo to another dimension."

When I was 14 I was so confused by that. I was trying to figure out if they were literally saying Nappa had hit Piccolo so hard that he knocked him clean out of our universe and into the next one or something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I believe even in the uncensored version. There was one next dimension thing. Were Vegeta fighting Zarbon. Though it was just a taunt there saying how he was going to blow Zarbon into another dimension.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I always assumed it was just a weird part of the culture of the DBZ world that they called the afterlife "The next dimension". In a way that's what it is.

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.
On the subject of outrageous lies and/or things...

They told me that if I ever left this forest... I would *die*! They told me that about *everything*!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

As you brought it up:

There's random NPCs saying the following (if I remember correctly):

If a Kokiri leaves the forest (or gets lost in the forest? Not sure), they become a skull kid. Like the little guys you played the Ocarina with back when you first entered the Lost Woods.

When another person enters the forest, they'll eventually turn into a Stalfos (the big skeleton guys you fought).

So they can leave/enter the forest, it just has bad consequences.

The turnip cutscene said that Link's mother died soon after entering the forest because of her war injuries. So she died before she was hit by the Stalfos curse.

Link is the hero, destined by the Goddesses. I believe he must possess a Goddess-given power which prevents him from being affected by the curse.

Also, Faerie Fortune, seeing that you learned some important lessons from ChaosArgate's replay of that part of the dungeon, partially about how your actions make us feel, I'm in a way glad that the recording mishap happened. It may improve all upcoming parts of the LP. :)

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 17, 2015

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I can't think of the weirdest things my parents have ever told me. My mom was pretty good at telling me the truth about a lot of things but then she'd turn right around and drop one of those "seeds will grow in your stomach" things that you mentioned. I can't think of anything specific at the moment.

One of my earliest memories, though, is of my babysitter telling me to stop picking my nose because the boogers would grow into worms in my stomach and eat me alive. I was three!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I didn't realize it until watching this video, but the sound for the boss fight is stereo. You can hear which side the phantom is coming through.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

ikanreed posted:

I didn't realize it until watching this video, but the sound for the boss fight is stereo. You can hear which side the phantom is coming through.

Nintendo has AMAZING sound design.

I'd link you to something, but it has to wait until the end of the LP. :3:

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
We didn't have any particularly good lies I recall...
Except when my older brother's dog was hit by his schoolbus when he was 6. Then, my parents decided to actually, and I'm not kidding, do the "he went to live on a farm" lie.
Which was probably particularly believable (I was too young to recall this, so this is a family story), since we actually did have a dog who went to live with someone else, because the dog had been my parents' before they had kids, and hated my brother like crazy. When we were little, we'd sometimes get Christmas cards from the dog's new owner, showing the dog in little Christmas outfits.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nintendo's sound design is so good you can literally play this game without looking. There are many people who've done just that! No links yet though please!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Some Numbers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffZ0vjMH2I

Ahahahaha, holy crap, I never realized how shoddy that was. The narrator says "another dimension" when the guy is lying on the ground decapitated.

Dubs, not even once :v:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I"m the weird person who didn't realize that you could set arrows on fire and used Din's Fire for all ice-melting purposes.

If there's a wrong way to play a game, I guarantee I did it that way.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I'm pretty sure none of the bubbles in OOT will curse you. Blue bubbles do curse you in Majora's Mask, but not this game. The hookshot can also be used against Meg and Phantom Ganon, so running out of arrows won't render you helpless.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Alpha3KV posted:

I'm pretty sure none of the bubbles in OOT will curse you. Blue bubbles do curse you in Majora's Mask, but not this game. The hookshot can also be used against Meg and Phantom Ganon, so running out of arrows won't render you helpless.

Curiously, Bubbles only seemed to curse you in the other Zelda games.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I don't know if the game ever says anything about the disappearing, reappearing Kokiri, but back when I played I thought of it as the magic, never aging, forest children being able to turn invisible to hide from all the potential dangers and only show themselves when you're close enough that they can see you aren't a monster.

I never got parent lies that I can think of. I did get a bedtime story where a kid doesn't go to sleep, looks out a window, and gets cursed by a witch that turns him into a carrot by morning. That one made me walk faster past windows for a few years when it got dark out.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
My parents were depressingly straight with me.

"Mom, what happens when you die?" "It's a lot like you're sleeping forever."
"Mom, who was the first human?" "A lot of people think it was someone named Adam, but we don't really know."
"Dad, Santa ate the cookies we put out for him!" "Hate to break it to you but it was actually your mom."

That last one may not have actually happened, but I do recall knowing at a very early age that Santa wasn't real. :(

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My mom told me black people make better athletes cause their ankle bones are longer.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

My dad told me he was going to the store and would be back in a little while.

He never went to the store at all!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
My dad told us that the FBI warning about unlicensed copying and showings at the start of movies was a warning that it was a federal offense to talk during this home video, punishable by up to $25,000 and 10 years in prison.

Got us to be quiet during the Jurassic Park VHS.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

KieranWalker posted:

I'm guessing two. It'll take all the faeries for her to get the hang of it, and she'll pull it off the second try.

Wow, I called that. And I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation on that last go. Nice last-second victory you pulled, there

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

KieranWalker posted:

Wow, I called that. And I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation on that last go. Nice last-second victory you pulled, there

Technically you didn't, because she restarted the fight with a savestate and got past the first part without wasting the fairy, losing it instead in the second part. Without the savestate, there'd have been more game overs.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Yeah but technically, I'm right. And that is the best kind of right. :colbert:

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I'll fight you about it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

KieranWalker posted:

Yeah but technically, I'm right. And that is the best kind of right. :colbert:

No, it's the best kind of correct. :colbert:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I always forget how cool Phantom Ganon is. Those glowy eyes are badass. Forest Temple is a classic Zelda dungeon that basically did everything right.

Regarding weird parental lies: my parents are Mormon, does that count?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

For every hour of sleep you miss, you lose a permanent IQ point.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FELD1 posted:

Regarding weird parental lies: my parents are Mormon, does that count?

Winner

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

As you brought it up:

There's random NPCs saying the following (if I remember correctly):

If a Kokiri leaves the forest (or gets lost in the forest? Not sure), they become a skull kid. Like the little guys you played the Ocarina with back when you first entered the Lost Woods.

When another person enters the forest, they'll eventually turn into a Stalfos (the big skeleton guys you fought).

So they can leave/enter the forest, it just has bad consequences.

The turnip cutscene said that Link's mother died soon after entering the forest because of her war injuries. So she died before she was hit by the Stalfos curse.

Link is the hero, destined by the Goddesses. I believe he must possess a Goddess-given power which prevents him from being affected by the curse.

Also, Faerie Fortune, seeing that you learned some important lessons from ChaosArgate's replay of that part of the dungeon, partially about how your actions make us feel, I'm in a way glad that the recording mishap happened. It may improve all upcoming parts of the LP. :)

I'm playing through the 3DS version now, and you're half right. When Kokiri leave the forest they turn into skull kids, but people only turn into Stalfos and Stalkids when they get lost in the Lost Woods, give up on finding a way out, and fall asleep. The forest itself and the Kokiri village are safe spots.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I believe the person who tells you that mentions the fairies help protect the Kokiri from turning into those, so Link has another excuse.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Link doesn't turn into a Stalfos cause his uncle works for Nintendo.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Also you playing dark souls would probably lead to you learning how to fight stalfos better, since funnily enough they both have a similar style for sword and board. If anything it would teach you to mash the attack button less :v:

(Would probably also show why I cringe every time the sword scrapes off something, especially if you try ds2)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe it's okay to leave the forest to get a pizza or whatever, it's more if they decide to abandon the Kokiri forest as a home, or get banished or something that they turn into skullkids? Because you never see skullkids outside of the woods, like they aren't at Lake Hylia or Castle Town or whatever. And you see other Kokiri kids in the Lost Woods too, and they're fine. Also if it wasn't possible for other people to travel via the Lost Woods there wouldn't be that shortcut to Goron City. Maybe normal people can enter the Lost Woods but they're only safe until they get lost? Then they get sacrificed to TreeDad's TreeCult.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I made a thing. I'd include a recording but I'd rather not have to try and explain why I'm singing a Zeldafied Disney song to the internet at midnight.

Beata Saria
You know I am a righteous tree
Of my slingshot I am justly proud

Beata Saria
You know I'm so much huger than
The common, vulgar, weak, unmoustached crowd

Then tell me, Saria
Why I see hear them crawling there
Why their skittering noises still pierce my soul

I feel them, I hear them
The spawn dropped from the spider queen
Are crawling in me out of all control

Like spiders
Math spiders
These spiders in my skin
This skritching
Of spiders
Is turning me to exposition

It's not my fault
I'm not to blame

It is the Gerudo
The wizard who sent this plague

It's not my fault
If in their plan

They made the dark lord so much
Stronger than a treedad

Protect me, Saria
Don't let this wizard cast his spell
Don't let these spiders make my corpse their home
Destroy King Ganondorf
And let him taste the fires of hell
Let the Emerald remain mine and mine alone

Great Deku Tree, the Gerudo has escaped.

What?

He's no longer in the forest. He's gone.

But how? Never mind. Get out, you idiot.
I'll stop him. I'll stop him if I have to send a ten year old with a knife.

Math spiders
Dark spiders
Now Ganon, it's your turn
Face me or
The Hero
Of Time and you will burn

Gods have mercy on him
Gods have mercy on me

But the Hero of Time
Will see him burn!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

^^^ Bravo, sir/madam. That was amazing.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Link doesn't turn into a Stalfos cause his uncle works for Nintendo.
It might be that Link does turn into a Stalfos!

http://youtu.be/7S1SVkysIRw?t=9m19s

Only watch between 9:19 and 10:14, for those who don't want spoilers beyond Fae's knowledge (though it shows things from Twilight Princess, and parts of the opening cinematic of Majora's Mask). Also note that the video and title is just ridiculous theory-crafting, which is the gimmick of the video maker, so I'm not considering it a spoiler.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

That particular fan theory really irritates me. It's like, no one has ever heard of this neat thing called symbolism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I've been waiting to post this remix for a little while, but I had been waiting for this dungeon and only just now got caught up due to finally having enough free time. For some reason I thought we didn't hear Sheik's theme until this dungeon, but after double checking it seems we first heard it in the Temple of Time. Oops. Anyways, have a really nice remix of Sheik's theme I stumbled across a while back. Polsy'd for spoilers in the comments, and probably in the recommended videos as well.

• Locked thread