Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

straight up brolic posted:

why the gently caress are arsenal tickets so expensive? the villa away allocation sold out and I tried to just pick up tickets on exchange and the cheapest ones on there for the rest of the season are like 89 pounds.

Because they sell out even with those ridiculous prices and i guess the issue with the exchange is the people with season tickets who put them on there rather then give them to a mate are going to be those with the more expensive seats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I think UEFA or whoever should offer FFP credit to clubs for lowering ticket & travel prices.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Vaz Te has been released. RIP you made Ravel look good now we don't need you.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

straight up brolic posted:

why the gently caress are arsenal tickets so expensive? the villa away allocation sold out and I tried to just pick up tickets on exchange and the cheapest ones on there for the rest of the season are like 89 pounds.

Because in London, costs more = better than

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

I think UEFA or whoever should offer FFP credit to clubs for lowering ticket & travel prices.

Stoke should be given first dibs for all players on bosmans

Stoke posted:

The Potters led the way last summer with the unprecedented decision to offer free coach travel for all away league matches, inspiring a wider Premier League initiative following the increase in income delivered by new television deals.

It also means that with the ticket prices for the Hull City fixture, supporters can travel and watch Stoke City's first Premier League away game of the 2014/15 season from just £16 for adults.

http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/club-to-continue-free-away-travel-offer-for-201415-1772960.aspx

Club subsidises all away tickets and gives free coach travel to every fan with an away ticket.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Well Arsenal beating City 2-0 was an unexpected and pleasant result.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Disappointed I wasn't able to watch the Arsenal match, but certainly pleased with the result. About time they got a result like that. Funny that the Coq couldn't get a starting spot at Charlton and here he is turning out solid performance once recalled.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Only chelsea and Southampton have conceded less than United in the league.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ayb posted:

They're still shite though, its just the rest of the league also is

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jose posted:

They're still shite though, its just the rest of the league also is
Not to defend Man Utd but this argument is made every single year to explain how some poo poo team is actually doing well

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Shoren posted:

Disappointed I wasn't able to watch the Arsenal match, but certainly pleased with the result. About time they got a result like that. Funny that the Coq couldn't get a starting spot at Charlton and here he is turning out solid performance once recalled.

Couldn't get a game for Freiburg and now he's doing this. It's a funny old game.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ayb posted:

Do they get a trophy for that?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

St Evan Echoes posted:

Not to defend Man Utd but this argument is made every single year to explain how some poo poo team is actually doing well

yeah and now it's united

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The race for top 4 actually should be entertaining this year

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Spangly A posted:

Vaz Te has been released. RIP you made Ravel look good now we don't need you.

A player who almost singlehandedly got West Ham back to the Prem but was never actually good enough to play there.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

A player who almost singlehandedly got West Ham back to the Prem but was never actually good enough to play there.

94 PL games, 8 goals.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I love big Ricky V and I'm surprised to see him released if only because I thought he was still injured

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

James Chester needs surgery on his shoulder. That's Hull done, I don't think they have any fit CBs apart from Davies now. Even Bruce has done his thigh.

Bogan Krkic posted:

I love big Ricky V and I'm surprised to see him released if only because I thought he was still injured

He's one of possibly too many players we have that are easy to love but nowhere near good enough for the prem. If his brain worked just a bit faster he'd be class.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 30, has no intention of leaving Tottenham this season but says he is at the club to make money and score goals

...and I'm all out of goals

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

euroboy posted:

Couldn't get a game for Freiburg and now he's doing this. It's a funny old game.

There's something to be said for a squad player who just does boring defensive duty in the middle of the field. Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlin and Flamini too often end up in attack leaving gaps at the back.

Nice to see a bit of balance and a boring player doing a job for once.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

Very nice

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Spangly A posted:

James Chester needs surgery on his shoulder. That's Hull done, I don't think they have any fit CBs apart from Davies now. Even Bruce has done his thigh.

We've still got Maguire, so I guess he'll get a run now but yeah we're hosed.

Top of the league though! http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

e: huh Dawson doesn't appear on that list so I guess we still have three cbs but it doesn't really matter because we've been so dross anyway.

Overminty fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 19, 2015

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Someone get an Advanced Statsman in here, stat

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

irlZaphod posted:

It's amazing. The stat is wrong, it ignores other keepers who have more or an equal number of clean sheets, and he's not even first alphabetically.

'Our keeper has a similar number of clean sheets to Brad Guzan!' makes for a worse infographic I guess.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

irlZaphod posted:

Where's Forster?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

It's amazing. The stat is wrong, it ignores other keepers who have more or an equal number of clean sheets, and he's not even first alphabetically.
It ignores that if you've watched him at all you'd see that he is, in fact, utterly poo poo.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Where's Forster?
Good question

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 19, 2015

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

irlZaphod posted:

That is really bad. Forster has 10 and fabianski has 8

Mignolet has 6 according to Wikipedia.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

^ Probably isn't counting Villa or something. Sunderland x 2, Spurs, Hull, Burnley, Stoke, Villa = 7

I think it was just comparing him with keepers from other "top" teams, not overall in the league or whatever.

(It's still utterly meaningless and hilarious).

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 19, 2015

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Blue Star Error posted:

haha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

irlZaphod posted:

5 poo poo keepers

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

ayb posted:

Shoring up the defense with 5 shitters at the expense of creating any chances? Awesome.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Blue Star Error posted:

I like this post

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Tony Fernandes confirms that Redknapp will remain in charge of QPR. Stupid fat fucker running a murderous airline.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

Wirth1000 posted:

Tony Fernandes confirms that Redknapp will remain in charge of QPR. Stupid fat fucker running a murderous airline.

Has there ever been an owner more willing to have his pants taken down?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

meat CRime posted:

Has there ever been an owner more willing to have his pants taken down?

Berlusconi?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

A Good Post

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Stupid fat fucker running a murderous airline.

No place for that in the modern game.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Very nice

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
@MikeKeegan_DM Signing at United: KamaGames are now the official social games partner of the club. #mufc

• Locked thread