Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I wonder if Araki plans anything at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if Araki is forgetting, planning, hates, depending on how good his poo poo was that week.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Araki is great because unlike western comic man who love continuum and science idea and cater to autism spectrum disorder, Araki loves to have a good time

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He also loves to imagine being attacked by a powerful Judo throw

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Araki is great because unlike western comic man who love continuum and science idea and cater to autism spectrum disorder, Araki loves to have a good time

Hey now, Araki is clearly a science man. Characters are killed by turning into Menger sponges and the effects of weightlessness on air are explored by a man who does not know how to wear shoes. I also learned that subliminal messages in rainbows make you think you're snails.

Science.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The other night at a bar I told a woman really earnestly about Rods exactly as I had learned about them from the stand "Sky High" and she sat there believing me until I went home

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Moltrey posted:

They're really similar in personality, but there's never any real resolution to Josuke meeting his father.

Josuke stole Joseph's wallet.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The other night at a bar I told a woman really earnestly about Rods exactly as I had learned about them from the stand "Sky High" and she sat there believing me until I went home

You probably shouldn't have told her that your rod can give her cancer

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Araki is a lot like any given Jojo: he's not so good at thinking in the long term, but his amazing bullshit short term thinking leads to off-the-wall insane stuff that's wondrous to behold.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

ManlyGrunting posted:

Araki is a lot like any given Jojo

That's because I print out pictures of him and kiss the picture until it gets soggy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ManlyGrunting posted:

Araki is a lot like any given Jojo: he's not so good at thinking in the long term, but his amazing bullshit short term thinking leads to off-the-wall insane stuff that's wondrous to behold.

on the subject of arc 5 this pretty much sums up parts of it like the infamous 'the people have aliens in them' part or whatever the gently caress that was when silver chariot was walking around that got dropped after a few pages and everyone forgot about it. also the entire concept of king crimson as a whole which is kinda neat on the surface but if you think about it for too long your brain starts to ooze out of your ears.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
If you don't understand King Crimson at this point you are insanely dumb

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

also the entire concept of king crimson as a whole which is kinda neat on the surface but if you think about it for too long your brain starts to ooze out of your ears.

I don't know - once I got over my initial confusion, King Crimson is actually pretty easy. Maybe the given explanation in the manga just sucks, aided by a probably sub-par translation.

Maybe they should've just said "dude looks five seconds in the future, and if he doesn't like what he sees, he can move and act differently in those five seconds while everything else stays according to his vision". Like, y'know, a prolonged The World with the added benefit of automatically knowing when to do it. I don't know if it's five seconds, actually, but somewhere around that... I feel like that whole "erased time" business only confuses everyone even more, when precognition and timeline merging is what it's actually about.

They totally should've beaten Diavolo by making continuous undodgeable attacks for a longer time than he can erase, Gurren Langan-style, or like that paper ninja from Naruto. King Crimson was explicitly said to have an abyssmal range, so Diavolo couldn't just run away very far. The trick is not dying in the meantime, I guess. Or pull an Emporio on him and drown the fucker. Yeah, good luck with erasing that cause and keeping that effect, that cause is all around you :colbert:

Case in point: note the ongoing poll on the right side... http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
King Crimson isn't really hard to understand at all I don't get why it became such a huge thing to pretend like it's that obtuse

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
King Crimson gets 10 seconds of time power when Diavolo isn't weak, and is physically one of the strongest stands in existence in terms of pure punching power and can parry and dodge at nearly instant speed. It's about on par with Star Platinum in those regards.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's partly because the part 5 translation is so bad.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Yeah the translation really muddles it and I think they contradict themselves more than once, but there are plenty of concise explanations of it now and people still tout that stupid "it just works" poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mostly meant that king crimson could have done so much more with its power with what i said, but okay. there's a handful of absurdly strong stands and diavolo could have very easily taken out the vast majority of them if he wasn't limited by Plot.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The good thing about stands in the series is that they're limited by their users, which is why The Hand and Harvest didn't just run a train on everything in part 4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
IMO King Crimson can attach epitaph to anybody which is why he could trick Bruno into trying to attack himself in the future

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
What if the anime writers get Araki to write a new, good ending for Part 5 when they come around to it how sick would that be

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Guys, just watch Time Keeps on Slippin', it totally explains it :downs:

Its not the defensive part that confuses people, its the way that he uses it offensively that is convoluted.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The end of Part 5 is so disappointing that the only noteworthy thing I can say about it is that it gave us a lovely meme.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Actually it was good, and any part of a manga with something more powerful than Goku is good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What I hope they do if they reach part 5 is to pepper Rolling Stone throughout the part instead of all at once at the end. I don't think it's a strong enough epilogue on its own but I feel like most of it could go anywhere in the manga and still be solid as like a flashback thing except for the final shot showing Bruno, Abbachio, and Narania in Rolling Stone.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Rolling Stone statues are going to be in the final ED.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Rolling Stone statues are going to be in the final ED.

This would also work.

I just don't like Rolling Stone as an ending chapter cause it really does feel like it's tacked on and only exists to say like "this was always going to happen, it was fate that these dudes were going to die" and I can't think of a better way to handle that than just trying to split it up and piece it throughout the part.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Actually it was good, and any part of a manga with something more powerful than Goku is good

Goku vs Diavolo is a stalemate tho

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
no, Goku would just blow up the planet from space. But Gold Experience Requiem could not be defeated in this fashion

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

BlitzBlast posted:

Josuke stole Joseph's wallet.

Josuke is just as much of a dick as his dad was..

Josuke trapped a man inside of a rock for eternity, but it's okay because Crazy Diamond's ability comes from Josuke's ~HEART OF KINDNESS~

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The end of the theoretical part 5 anime should just be Purple Haze: Feedback instead.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Moltrey posted:

Josuke trapped a man inside of a rock for eternity, but it's okay because Crazy Diamond's ability comes from Josuke's ~HEART OF KINDNESS~

It's okay because the reset saved the rock guy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

The dude murdered his grandpa and could not be sent to prison due to his ghost powers.

So Josuke sent him to Ghost Prison instead.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

It's okay because the reset saved the rock guy

So this is where the rock person in jojolion came from

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah Angelo was kind of a dick and was going to murder Josuke too so he could get at his mom so I can't blame him for wanting to do something like that to Angelo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

He raped and murdered like 5 people.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

FirstAidKite posted:

This would also work.

I just don't like Rolling Stone as an ending chapter cause it really does feel like it's tacked on and only exists to say like "this was always going to happen, it was fate that these dudes were going to die" and I can't think of a better way to handle that than just trying to split it up and piece it throughout the part.

Especially since Narancia's death came out of nowhere and didn't feel like fate at all. Buccelati got like an epic showdown so it felt significant, but with Narancia it just felt random.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Josuke turning that guy into a rock was the most hosed up thing ever.

And I mean that in the best way. :allears:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The end of the theoretical part 5 anime should just be Purple Haze: Feedback instead.

Or at least the scene where Fugo is summoned to the football stadium to meet Mista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

angelo got to be in a rock for a few years more at least so i'm sure josuke got some amount of satisfaction from it.

• Locked thread