Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I would like to remind everyone that the two QBs in the Super Bowl will be from the Big Ten.

Once again the Big Ten is the greatest conference in the history of the universe and every other conference should cease to exist since they're not worthy to lick poo poo off the Big Ten's shoes.

That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

C. Everett Koop posted:

I would like to remind everyone that the two QBs in the Super Bowl will be from the Big Ten.

Once again the Big Ten is the greatest conference in the history of the universe and every other conference should cease to exist since they're not worthy to lick poo poo off the Big Ten's shoes.

That is all.

Well Wilson spent more time playing in the ACC than the B10, but we can both claim him so it's cool.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

C. Everett Koop posted:

That is all.
MAC, bitch.

EDIT: You even have a MAC QB starting in the Super Bowl!

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 19, 2015

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

That is all.

It's not just on the quarterback, it's a team effort!

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

C. Everett Koop posted:

That is all.

How quickly you forget about ACC Legend Russell Wilson.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

UTSA has new helmets:

I'd like the white one more if the "UTSA" wasn't so hidden. The black one looks fantastic.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Doesn't feature MEEP MEEP, 2/10 would not wear

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Koop is kidding but big ten fans legitimately try to claim Wilson and it's always hilarious and sad

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

Koop is kidding but big ten fans legitimately try to claim Wilson and it's always hilarious and sad

Success has many fathers, while failure dies an orphan.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

His one year was really loving good. It's much more legit than claiming Nick Foles or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

His one year was really loving good. It's much more legit than claiming Nick Foles or something.

Wilson was a finished product by the time he got to Wisconsin, it's not like they molded and developed him as a player. He was already one of the best QBs in the country.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol no it's not.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

vyst posted:

lol no it's not.

Claiming a dude who actually played in your conference and led his team to a title in it is, in fact, much more reasonable than claiming a guy who sat for a year and then transferred. But good counter-argument.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

Wilson was a finished product by the time he got to Wisconsin, it's not like they molded and developed him as a player. He was already one of the best QBs in the country.

If he was so good then how come Tom O'Brien told him to go to hell? Are you trying to say Tom O'Brien is a bad coach and/or stupid person?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Spacemonkey57 posted:

If he was so good then how come Tom O'Brien told him to go to hell? Are you trying to say Tom O'Brien is a bad coach and/or stupid person?

Well yeah. O'Brien was an idiot to let him go. Especially over something as small as him playing baseball. It was a hosed situation.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

O'Brien wanted the prototypical 6'3 Pocket Glennon guy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Claiming a dude who actually played in your conference and led his team to a title in it is, in fact, much more reasonable than claiming a guy who sat for a year and then transferred. But good counter-argument.

actually no, claiming a guy who played a single season in your conference after playing the majority of his career in the ACC is not legitimate at all

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Russell Wilson under no circumstances is a "Big 10 product" you can compare it to whatever the gently caress you want doesn't make it any less wrong to try and claim him as so.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The only thing Wisconsin could've possibly done for Wilson was make him feel more comfortable running bootleg plays. It's a miracle they didn't make him way worse, given what the program usually does with QBs

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

The only thing Wisconsin could've possibly done for Wilson was make him feel more comfortable running bootleg plays. It's a miracle they didn't make him way worse, given what the program usually does with QBs

Why you gotta hate on Scott Tolzien?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

vyst posted:

Russell Wilson under no circumstances is a "Big 10 product" you can compare it to whatever the gently caress you want doesn't make it any less wrong to try and claim him as so.

I think because talent in the league has been down there is just an impulse to play up any possible angle. ALL B1G QB SUPERBOWL!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I can't believe you guys are seriously arguing one of Koop's points

I mean, I'm not sure if he actually even likes the Big 10, I suspect he constantly praises it because it'll irritate the highest volume of posters here.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Conference Pride remains dumb as gently caress

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't even have the energy to give a poo poo where an NFL player played college ball.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
No person that wasn't a Patriots or Michigan fan would actually claim Tom Brady so maybe you guys should just settle down and realize that he's trolling you.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neodoomium posted:

Conference Pride remains dumb as gently caress

No you see the whole B1G turned into elite teams after Ohio State won.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
No matter who won the National Championship it made Michigan State look pretty dang good having those two teams be their only losses.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Sash! posted:

I don't even have the energy to give a poo poo where an NFL player played college ball.

justin britt being on the seahawks is the closest mizzou will ever get to winning a title

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Shut up and stop it, I hope every team in the Big Ten goes 0-12 except for Michigan, forever

Edit: I understand this is impossible so everyone can go 1-11 except for Ohio State, who goes 0-12

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
What I'm saying is that Ohio State and Michigan State should probably go join a better conference.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I can't believe bickering over whether Russel Wilson is an ACC or Big Ten quarterback is a serious argument.

I'm just glad that Ohio State managed to not lose a national championship game. After all, as fans of all the other Big Ten programs repeatedly pointed out it was Ohio State embarrassing the Big Ten and not the rest of the the conference losing to MAC or FCS teams at home.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Wilson is the ACC's hands off B1G fans.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spacebump posted:

No you see the whole B1G turned into elite teams after Ohio State won.

Penn State took the national champs to 2OT so yes

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What I'm saying is that Ohio State and Michigan State should probably go join a better conference.

I heard the Big XII is looking

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mahoning posted:

No person that wasn't a Patriots or Michigan fan would actually claim Tom Brady so maybe you guys should just settle down and realize that he's trolling you.

Tom Brady owns a lot

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hate Tom Brady, but almost entirely out of envy. 90% out of envy. 10% is I hate the Pats.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

Tom Brady owns a lot

:agreed:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sash! posted:

I hate Tom Brady, but almost entirely out of envy. 90% out of envy. 10% is I hate the Pats.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Sash! posted:

Penn State took the national champs to 2OT so yes

virginia tech 2014 big ten champs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Frinkahedron posted:

virginia tech 2014 big ten champs

Kind of aiming low aren't ya?

By Bama rules you can claim the title!

• Locked thread