Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they both bring guns they both lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He was like the toughest asian dude ever, though.

That's Lu Bu dude

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The real question is whether Lu Bu could take Mike Tyson

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
One of you boxing nerds tell me about a Tyson v Ali fight and how that might play out

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

pretty soft girl posted:

this is true, brucie has no qualms about punching someone in the nuts over and over again, are nut shots allowed and how many nut shots do you guys think tyson can take before the signals reach his brain and make him vomit

someone answer this

I wanna see ip man do that machine gun punch on someone's sack

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Bishop posted:

One of you boxing nerds tell me about a Tyson v Ali fight and how that might play out

It's an infighter VS. outfighter match and it could go either way. They were both technical masters in their prime.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pretty soft girl posted:

someone answer this

"no holds barred"

Anything goes.

That's why Lee wins.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

It's an infighter VS. outfighter match and it could go either way. They were both technical masters in their prime.
id pay good money to watch that fight. I'd have to go with Ali because he's from where I live but I don't know. If Tyson could get Ali in a tight spot I think he could take him down. Tyson was just a death machine when you got in close, youtube has taught me

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

pretty soft girl posted:

someone answer this

tyson bit someone's ear off in a regulated fight just because he's a bit insane. Would you really want to see what he did after hitting him in the balls?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Bishop posted:

It'd be interesting because Tyson was basically a better version of Joe Frazier who Ali notoriously had trouble with. On the other hand Ali is a better version of Lennox Lewis who Tyson had tons of trouble with. Its far from a coin flip though because Tyson always seemed to struggle with great boxers who could jab and move. Unless Tyson catches him early, and often Ali wins a easy decision.

Tyson was an awesome fighter, but he wasn't even the best heavyweight of his generation. Lewis, Holyfield, and Bowe were all better than Tyson. Mike was fast, and explosive as hell, but had too many weaknesses both mental, and stylistically to have beaten the elites of his era.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Bishop posted:

Ali probably had a better chin than anybody Tyson ever faced, and when Tyson faced somebody with a good chin, he would run out of ideas.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

The real question is whether Lu Bu could take Mike Tyson

In a stand up fight, Tyson - but if Lu Bu could strategically retreat and make Tyson pursue him...

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

redshirt posted:

Am I joking? Do you know how to fight after getting throat punched?

Joking/trollin/stupid. It all plays out the same.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

Joking/trollin/stupid. It all plays out the same.

Here's how this fight goes:

Tyson charges Lee and throws a series of aggressive punches,
all of which are easily blocked by Lee.

Tyson steps back, then launches another round of furious punches,
for naught, as they are easily blocked.

Tyson is frustrated and tiring, and lunges close, directly into a
THROAT PUNCH.

Tyson clutches his throat, gasping for air that cannot pass.
Lee moves in and finishes him with a roundhouse to the face.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Have you ever blocked a punch from a pro boxer?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
How edible are Lees ears?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Sphinxster posted:

I've tongue punched your mom's fartbox

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You have my condolences.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

Not recently, no.

But I'm also not Bruce Lee, super martial arts dude.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So you don't know what he's capable of either. OK!

edit: magic Chinese blocks. Haha.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

One of the fun things about the early days of UFC was that you got to see what would happen if a TKD guy fought a sumo wrestler, or if a ninja went against a street fighter . Basically what they found out was that kick boxing, free style catch wrestling, and judo / jiu jitsu joint locks dominated all other styles. Its really a shame that MMA has become so structured, and streamlined, because it was fun as hell seeing guys who were considered masters of their preferred style mix it up like in Blood Sport or The Quest. It also lead to hilarious situations where seasoned fighters were matched up against some BS black belt who had never had a real fight, and taught kids karate in a strip mall.

Like when Fred Ettish got destroyed by Johnny Rhodes. Best way to find out you've been learning and teaching a lie is by getting killed in the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5maknndsas

To his credit Ettish went back and trained in practical fighting, and won a comeback fight many years later at age 53.

Also you got to see guys like Canada's greatest athlete Harold Howard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaw8t-wOMEA

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ettish was at a serious size disadvantage and didn't know he was fighting until the event was already going.

edit: oh but size wouldn't have mattered if he was more in tune with the mysterious secrets of Oriental wizard fist or whatever

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How edible are Lees ears?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Smiling Mandrill posted:

One of the fun things about the early days of UFC was that you got to see what would happen if a TKD guy fought a sumo wrestler, or if a ninja went against a street fighter . Basically what they found out was that kick boxing, free style catch wrestling, and judo / jiu jitsu joint locks dominated all other styles. Its really a shame that MMA has become so structured, and streamlined, because it was fun as hell seeing guys who were considered masters of their preferred style mix it up like in Blood Sport or The Quest. It also lead to hilarious situations where seasoned fighters were matched up against some BS black belt who had never had a real fight, and taught kids karate in a strip mall.

Like when Fred Ettish got destroyed by Johnny Rhodes. Best way to find out you've been learning and teaching a lie is by getting killed in the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5maknndsas

To his credit Ettish went back and trained in practical fighting, and won a comeback fight many years later at age 53.

Also you got to see guys like Canada's greatest athlete Harold Howard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaw8t-wOMEA

is there a video of ettish getting mushed, the one you posted is just stills

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

That's Lu Bu dude

Well I pursued Lu Bu, to find out for myself, which is why I now believe Bruce Lee was the hardest asian ever.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

That's Lu Bu dude

I would pay an unreasonable amount of money to watch Lu Bu and Bruce Lee spearfight each other

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

is there a video of ettish getting mushed, the one you posted is just stills

There used to be, but I looked all over and couldn't find any footage. The best part of the fight is when Ettish finally just rolls into the fetal position, and they let Rhodes go right on beating him.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Well I pursued Lu Bu, to find out for myself, which is why I now believe Bruce Lee was the hardest asian ever.

It's like I've been saying this whole time. Some asians (except filipinos) just unaccountably have huge numbers of hit points.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I think this would be the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jam_t-gj7HM

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
lol Tyson would gently caress Bruce lee until lee was gay and loved Tyson

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tyson in his prime seemed emotionally vulnerable. Lee could probably get some stinging barbs in there and then scram. That would be one path to a kind of victory.

edit: otherwise hitting Tyson with a truck when Tyson is walking into the venue. Maybe not a venue. It would probably be better if Tyson didn't know they were fighting so just in the street out of the blue.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 20, 2015

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

The Sphinxster posted:

Tyson in his prime seemed emotionally vulnerable. Lee could probably get some stinging barbs in there and then scram. That would be one path to a kind of victory.

hm yes, he is much less mentally vulnerable than Bruce lee

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Bruce lee uses his oriental magic to win because I saw it in a movie

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bishop posted:

Bruce lee uses his oriental magic to win because I saw it in a movie

I really liked that Jackie Chan movie "City Hunter" where he's fighting all these dudes on a cruise ship and Bruce Lee's game of death is playing in the theatre and this chick is all, "you couldn't beat up a tall black dude like that." and Jackie Chan is all, "Nu-uh!" then he has to fight TWO tall black dudes and it's cool. Then Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee have a short conversation despite Bruce Lee being in a movie in a movie which is pretty magical and or oriental.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope we can all agree Bruce Lee was not in his prime while his brain was exploding due to his use of crazy Asian pharmaceuticals. Or maybe a stone warrior finally caught up with him in a foggy dreamscape. I hear in China many things are possible.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

The Sphinxster posted:

I hope we can all agree Bruce Lee was not in his prime while his brain was exploding due to his use of crazy Asian pharmaceuticals. Or maybe a stone warrior finally caught up with him in a foggy dreamscape. I hear in China many things are possible.

I thought his brain exploded because he had sex with a hot actress lady and smoked weed. Surely that makes everyone's brains explode, right?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Bruce Lee would kill him

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

proof of concept posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emhQwIlLiD4
I like the one at 4:29 a whole lot because drat that stepthrough to load up the uppercut is slick
the thing about this video is I'm not even sure if the first guy or really any of the others are still alive. After that any sane person would avoid fighting Tyson, so Bruce lee wins by virtue of running like hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
How strong is the magic animating Bruce Lee's skeleton in this matchup?

• Locked thread