Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Brian Russell was a QB at SDSU and a bad safety in the NFL for various teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man the Giants really are in prime position to get at least something good at the #9 spot, whether its a top prospect or a great trade back. It's not often that you have this talented of a draft class with such lovely QBs at the top with so many QB hungry teams.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Whoa, Bucky Brooks has Mariota going #18 to the Chiefs in his mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/215607

First O-Linemen goes at pick 9.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Grittybeard posted:

Scott Frost is the only other one I can think of off the top of my head, although Eric Crouch probably should have tried it.

:eng101: After quitting the Rams, Crouch signed with KC, who sent him to the Hamburg Sea Devils. He played safety and wasn't terrible.

And Jammal Lord (Crouch's successor at Nebraska) was drafted as a DB and sat on the Texans bench for a couple seasons.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Crouch was a pretty famous QB to DB

I mean it failed miserably but Ya know

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

wandler20 posted:

Bucky Brooks is an idiot, he had Manziel going third and Bortles going fifth to the Raiders after they pretty much signaled about has hard as you can that they had no interest in him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Crouch is a famous person who failed miserably, but I think the most famous (NFL) thing about him was ducking out on the Rams after acting like he'd be open to a position change. Which was to receiver for them.

The safety experiment which I'd mistakenly translated to another attempt at receiver in my mind came later.

Real Name Grover posted:

:eng101: After quitting the Rams, Crouch signed with KC, who sent him to the Hamburg Sea Devils. He played safety and wasn't terrible.

I mean, he got cut after five NFL Europe games.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, he got cut after five NFL Europe games.

Not gonna lie, I think I subconsciously interpreted his Madden 2006 rating as "not terrible."

Do we have a smilie for patting one's self on the back

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

warcrimes posted:

Bucky Brooks is an idiot, he had Manziel going third and Bortles going fifth to the Raiders after they pretty much signaled about has hard as you can that they had no interest in him.

I think Dan Kadar has the more likely scenario: Titans roll with Zach and trade down, leaving Mariota to go at #2. He has the Browns being the one to make the jump though (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2015/1/19/7812673/2015-nfl-mock-draft-browns-marcus-mariota). Not sure I buy that.

He also has Scherff going to WAS at 5, and Gordon going to the Pats (woah). First WR is Cooper to OAK at 4.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

quote:

If Williams happens to be in play, he should be the pick. If he's gone, Oakland needs to go with whichever wide receiver the Raiders give the highest grade in the draft.
That's pretty much how I feel (and the guy really wants to go to Oakland), they could really use the help at either position but I'd prefer d-line if he's still available.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Forever_Peace posted:

I think Dan Kadar has the more likely scenario: Titans roll with Zach and trade down, leaving Mariota to go at #2. He has the Browns being the one to make the jump though (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2015/1/19/7812673/2015-nfl-mock-draft-browns-marcus-mariota). Not sure I buy that.

He also has Scherff going to WAS at 5, and Gordon going to the Pats (woah). First WR is Cooper to OAK at 4.

I agree with Kadar. Scherff to WAS is the smart pick, so they won't do that. Raiders can't really gently caress up that pick, this class is very solid at the top(although not overly exciting).

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

wandler20 posted:

Oh ho! Very intriguing. Too bad Philly is going to trade up and take him though.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Kadar's mock is better for the Colts too. Redding may retire, and cutting the ineffective Ricky Jean Francois saves $5mil on the cap, so it's going to happen. The front 7 has to be the focus early in the draft, unless some phenomenal DB falls to them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chip is so gonna trade up with Foles + stuff to draft Mariota

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

First O-Linemen goes at pick 9.

Isn't this draft supposed to be a good Oline draft but no real elite talent? Either way TJ Clemmings is going to be the top OL taken.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DOOP posted:

I hope the Titans get a what the Rams got for rg3 or something close

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Daniel Jeremiah has an interesting early mock:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/215603?pickId=2552422

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm less and less optimistic about Jameis falling to #6. Seems to be a lot of mocks lately with Mariota falling there though. I'd take either.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

DOOP posted:

This is terrifying to me but at least it might prevent the Eagles from fixing the secondary

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DOOP posted:

Foles and two firsts for the Bears 7th, and we will throw in a lightly used Shea McClellan. Need Secondary? Maybe a Tim Jennings.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Wow, another mock with an RB to the Pats - this time Gurley. I still think I'd prefer a pass rusher, but I could probably grow used to the idea of having the Pats being a ground and pound team as Brady wanes. Might as well with Gronk blocking.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ozu posted:

This isn't a move you see too often. Converted QBs typically stay on offense.

@AndrewSiciliano
Auburn QB Nick Marshall is moving to DB

Jammal Lord switched to safety and played all of one NFL game.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Danny Shelton weighed in at 343 pounds at the Shrine Game.

I knew he was a monster but I didn't know his weight was that high :stare: He carries pretty well, from what I've seen in his Washington games.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Forever_Peace posted:

Kadar has the cursory knowledge of a bemused Phil Sims when it comes to knowing what NFL teams are looking for in prospects. The Ravens will not draft Dorial Green-Beckam. :toxx: Double :toxx: with a :toxx: cherry on top. I don't think it would be the worst football move but it's PR suicide. Ozzie Newsome drafts a player that was banned from college play for a domestic violence incident not a year after Ray Rice hits his wife in front of all of America? Unlikely. Ozzie Newsome drafts a 1st round WR? Nope. Ain't gonna happen.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Nick Marshall started his college career as a DB before switching to QB with Auburn :science:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It'd be pretty sweet to see two backs go in the first round, but that dude also has White ahead of Cooper, which seems weird.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Any mock that has the Steelers taking a NT in the first can be safely ignored

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Roasted Donut posted:

Any mock that has the Steelers taking a NT in the first can be safely ignored

The dude from Fox Sports is mocking DaVante Parker to the Giants.

Like, the absolute last position the Giants need.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Poonerman posted:

Someone else had the Falcons taking Amari Cooper which makes just as little sense.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Poonerman posted:

I can absolutely see the Giants going WR again if WR is BPA. They're trying to model the offense after Green Bay. They need weapons and Cruz may never been the same.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ozu posted:

I can absolutely see the Giants going WR again if WR is BPA. They're trying to model the offense after Green Bay. They need weapons and Cruz may never been the same.

There's no goddamn way the Giants are drafting another WR when we just got the best one last season. Cruz may not be cruz again but we have such bigger problems there is no way we ignore those for another WR, even if Cooper falls our way

We are going o-line or d-line, I'd say linebacker but its never linebacker

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 21, 2015

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Febreeze posted:

There's no goddamn way the Giants are drafting another WR when we just got the best one last season. Cruz may not be cruz again but we have such bigger problems there is no way we ignore those for another WR, even if Cooper falls our way

We are going o-line or d-line, I'd say linebacker but its never linebacker
Those holes may be filled in FA. Besides, I was under the impression that the Giants were one of those BPA teams that don't draft for need.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Beckham
Randle (How the gently caress did PFF rank him so high?)
Parker
Cruz coming off injury

I think the Giants are fairly well off at receiver.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ozu posted:

Those holes may be filled in FA. Besides, I was under the impression that the Giants were one of those BPA teams that don't draft for need.

Even after we cut Kiwi we will not have enough cap space to fix all the problems ahead of WR. Frankly I see us maybe grabbing a WR for cheap in FA, or maybe in a later round like how we got Rueben Randle and Manningham.

We were BPA but not as of late. Since Prince fell to us that one year we've drafted more around need BPA. We needed a RB after 2011, so we picked David Wilson. We needed O-line after 2012, so we grabbed Pugh. We needed a WR last year after losing nicks, OBJ. We also haven't drafted this high with Jerry Reese so they'd go BPA in the late teens or so. At pick 9 we're going to have way more flexibility and way more options than Jerry is used to and I don't see them wasting it on the same position we did last year. If we spend our #9 pick on a WR, even if it's Cooper, I think Reese is dumb. WR is not a need. Too many holes in the O-line to fix in FA, too many issues at D-line (we are probably going to lose JPP to FA) to fix in FA, and LB remains a problem. We could use help at Safety, too.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 21, 2015

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ozu posted:

This isn't a move you see too often. Converted QBs typically stay on offense.

@AndrewSiciliano
Auburn QB Nick Marshall is moving to DB

Marshall was a corner at Georgia so I guess that's the most comfortable for him? Can't see a guy who hasn't had to tackle for 3 years doing so hot with that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

African AIDS cum posted:

Brian Russell was a QB at SDSU and a bad safety in the NFL for various teams

I mean, he was a QB for a season but then switched to DB in 99 and was an All MWC selection

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joshua Nesbitt moved from QB to safety

:(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

Giants are almost always a BPA picking team so it's really hard to pinpoint them. I have to venture a guess that they're moving Pugh inside next year so OT might be targeted. Also I believe the main reason Fewell was fired was because of our run defense, so this might finally be the year the Giants actually draft a linebacker. Safety is also a concern. And yeah, the Giants are probably looking for a big receiver in either a TE or a true flanker. I wouldn't be surprised if they do target a guy like Kevin White or DaVante Parker to let Cruz and ODB work the quick routes more. It all depends on how much the FO trusts Randle to develop since that was the role he played last year. They also have promising 4 and 5 WRs in Washington and Parker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Falcons take... Amari Cooper?

• Locked thread