Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'll be online for a bit if anyone wants to beat up on a hilariously bad goon.

PSN: Theguy2687

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
I'm actually gonna have a lot of free time tomorrow (Sunday) and I'll be on most of the time between 12pm and 6:00 or later for folks that want to practice (this is on PST). Just send me an invite if I'm playing something else or a friend request and I can start practicing my (lovely, lovely) chie

I should probably mention my PSN handle is massmediajunky so give me some opponents goons, the only way to learn is to play people way way way better than me and friending me if I'm not on is cool with me

mmj fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 16, 2014

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

mmj posted:

I'm actually gonna have a lot of free time tomorrow (Sunday) and I'll be on most of the time between 12pm and 6:00 or later for folks that want to practice (this is on PST). Just send me an invite if I'm playing something else or a friend request and I can start practicing my (lovely, lovely) chie

I should probably mention my PSN handle is massmediajunky so give me some opponents goons, the only way to learn is to play people way way way better than me and friending me if I'm not on is cool with me

Added you though I'm pretty lovely too.

In other news, what the hell do you do to deal with constant pressure as Yukiko?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Emalde posted:

If any Europeans are interested in picking up the game but haven't already done so, I'm willing to pitch in 15EURO if you order from Rice Digital and send me the t-shirt :v:

Give this man an award.

I work for Rice Digital and would just to like to confirm that we are really good. We're the only place where you get an exclusive Junes t-shirt as well as the tarot cards when you pre-order from us.

We're a pretty small retailer but we have big dreams, so you'd really help me out too if you went through us or told people about the shirt thing. We had to work pretty hard for it but we think the shirt is great!

Please let me know if posting this in here isn't allowed.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/persona-4-arena-ultimax-ps3

We're UK based, but we do ship internationally.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Emalde posted:

If any Europeans are interested in picking up the game but haven't already done so, I'm willing to pitch in 15EURO if you order from Rice Digital and send me the t-shirt :v:

Willing to bump this to 20EURO, seriously want that shirt :retrogames:

There has to be one of you that didn't already import it.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Someone give this guy money so I can reach my quotas. (I don't have to reach quotas).

Bunch of people were sharing their Fan Editions on Twitter today so I've got some retweets of the shirts on the Twitter if you want to see them as photographed by actual customers https://twitter.com/ricedigital

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So anyone have any tips for Akihiko? I just started using him and he's super fun.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I got my UK copy from rice digital and confirm they are super good!
Like, I ordered late on a monday and it arrived next day which blew me away.
Especially as most retailers say they won't have it till december 1st. At least, here in Wales anyway.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
If anyone wants to play, I'm hanging out on the dashboard tonight.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Any notable Yukiko players with matches on YouTube or twitch I could look up? Trying to get a better idea of neutral tech for different matchups.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I didn't realize how stupid Yu's DP was until today. I just had someone DP straight through god hand, it's ridiculous.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

2.0 changes are starting to come out. Seems like only buffs right now.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Sonata Mused posted:

2.0 changes are starting to come out. Seems like only buffs right now.

Oh there are nerfs alright, ArcSys just loves to do those super optimistic buff only demo vids.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah. I guess I didn't check if they were official vids or anything either. Seems like some damage nerfs were definitely there, though.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

[url]http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/09069209.html]This page[/url] has some videos to pass the time. 2.0 releases on 1/15, too!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty pumped this game is gonna be at Evo. Gives me an excuse to play more of it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jmcrofts posted:

Pretty pumped this game is gonna be at Evo. Gives me an excuse to play more of it.

I was just coming to post these exact words even though I'm still trash since I only play intermittently.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Apple, are you going? Please tell us you're going!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

LightningKimba posted:

This page has some videos to pass the time. 2.0 releases on 1/15, too!

fixed this, also lol this dead game at evo? LK gonna make his comeback.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
This game, and indeed all fighting games, are dead 100% of the time, forever, from the very moment they hit the cabinets. Some say they're dead before the final loctests...

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Batigh posted:

Apple, are you going? Please tell us you're going!

Yeah I'm going to evo, though I'm kind of iffy on taking P4AU 1.1 seriously, 2.0 just looks way more interesting.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Has anyone figured out where your dick goes into the teddie bop buddy?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm grinding this game in preparation for evo. If anyone wants to fight my shadow kanji, add jmcrofts on psn!

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm grinding this game in preparation for evo. If anyone wants to fight my shadow kanji, add jmcrofts on psn!

I'm doing the same, we should play sometime. My psn is CosmonautLaika (pretty sure we're friends already). Anyone else feel free to add me as well!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Is Elizabeth top tier finally

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Is Elizabeth top tier finally

:smith:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

burger time posted:

I'm doing the same, we should play sometime. My psn is CosmonautLaika (pretty sure we're friends already). Anyone else feel free to add me as well!

I sent friend requests to both of you, I've been meaning to try to get into this game more since I got my stick.

I imagine that a training dummy will put up a better fight than me, though.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I sent friend requests to both of you, I've been meaning to try to get into this game more since I got my stick.

I imagine that a training dummy will put up a better fight than me, though.

I'll be on tonight around 7 Eastern if you or anyone else wants to fight

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
So, do we have any word on when 2.0 is actually going to drop?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Come fight me nerds

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jmcrofts posted:

Come fight me nerds

Sent you an invite even though I'm pretty terrible

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'll probably try to play some this weekend, today and tomorrow aren't good for me to try to play earlier in the day.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GGs Tanktrix and Chaotic Flame. TIL I literally have no idea what Rise does. And also that Shadow Kanji combos are hard online.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
There's a very remote chance that I'll be able to go to EVO this year so I'm going to be doing some grinding in this, Xrd and Ultra. I am good at none of them but will enjoy going 0-2 in all of my pools. Anyway, I'm trying to learn Yukiko so add me on PSN for some easy wins from a scrub: Static_Rook.

EDIT

I have this week off so if I can pull myself away from Dying Light I'll be down to play whenever. My PS3 is right next to my PS4 so it just takes a minute to switch them out.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Jmcrofts posted:

GGs Tanktrix and Chaotic Flame. TIL I literally have no idea what Rise does. And also that Shadow Kanji combos are hard online.

GGs. I have no idea what to do once Kanji is close to Yukiko as you saw.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I should tear myself away from xrd to play this a little more. Can't let myself get rusty.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

Gonna try to replace my busted pad today so if anyone wants to help me break in my new one/play against a free Chie I'm massmediajunky on PSN and I'll be online starting in the early afternoon (PST).

mmj fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 29, 2015

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mmj posted:

Gonna try to replace my busted pad today so if anyone wants to help me break in my new one/play against a free Chie I'm massmediajunkie on PSN and I'll be online starting in the early afternoon (PST).

I'll be on again today around 4:30 your time if you wanna play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I've tried playing Kanji, Yukiko, and Labrys and I've done horribly with all of them. I thought I'd like Kanji since I generally like grapplers, but that didn't go well.

My other idea is trying a rushdown character, since I seen to do better with them in ArcSys games. What's a good one to start with?

• Locked thread