Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Honestly, we should've realized Dewey was a dead man walking the moment Raylan learned he was the link to pinning Johnny's murder on Boyd.

Kegslayer posted:

I was rooting for Boyd to win but killing Dewey completely put me off. Despite all of Dewey's gently caress ups, he and Boyd still go way back and Boyd killing Dewey felt like it was Boyd starting to cut all his ties with Harlan. Not cool man, not cool :colbert:

Dewey is the second Commando Boyd's killed. Though Devil had actually sold him out at the time. So in retrospect bringing up Devil was probably a bad idea on Dewey's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Rhyno posted:

God drat, I figured Dewey Crowe was gonna inherit the earth Harlan like a goddamned cockroach.

Rest Easy Dewey, there's no Cole Slaw in heaven.

If anyone is going to inherit the earth, its going to be Dickey.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'll admit that I would have loved to see Dickie and Dewey finding Boyd's money or loot and using that to fund a new Audrey's and or Bennett crime family part deux. Bonus points if they run it out of the church from the first season.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Listerine posted:

I don't think Raylan is worth surviving. His methods aren't much better than the crooks he goes after. Those he doesn't strongarm, he manipulates with no regard for their welfare.

Dewey was just dumb. He wasn't an inherently evil character, he mostly just made poor decisions. That he got executed right off in the first episode really sets the tone for the season I think.

I'd love it if someone would post what Raylan says to Dewey about fate's right hand though, watched it twice tonight and missed the exact line.

"You're a card in fate's right hand, don't you see how it's going to play out?"

The worst part: Dewey never got his $6 blowjob. :smith:

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Strong opener, pretty pumped for this season now. Sad about Dewey though!

E: To make this post a bit more worthwhile, here is a good interview with Timothy Olyphant. Among other things he admits he thinks Raylan is kind of a dick and that he's been ripping off one of this season's guest stars all along.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/timothy-olyphant-end-of-justified-20150119

Fire Safety Doug fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 21, 2015

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Strong opener, pretty pumped for this season now. Sad about Dewey though!

E: To make this post a bit more worthwhile, here is a good interview with Timothy Olyphant. Among other things he admits he thinks Raylan is kind of a dick and that he's been ripping off one of this season's guest stars all along.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/timothy-olyphant-end-of-justified-20150119

Great interview - here's one of my favorite parts that is about Walton Goggins.

quote:

I've known Walt for years, and when we first mentioned the idea of him playing Boyd, he had concerns — the stereotype of the Southern racist and all that. He's from the region [Goggins was raised in Georgia] so he was sensitive about putting that out there in a one-dimensional way. You know, a lot of actors, we aren't that special; you get a well-written scene, and it's virtually actor-proof. But during the casting process, we had a list of people we had in mind for Boyd and the more I looked at his name on that list, the more I kept telling everyone involved, "Look, I stand corrected. I've been saying anyone could do it, but we really need to get this specific guy to play Boyd. He'll bring something special to it." And the son of a bitch did. He makes everybody better just by being around him.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

God drat, I love this show. "Bourbon is easy to understand. Tastes like a warm summer day." So true, Raylan. So true.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Yeesh, not only was Boyd supposed do die in the pilot but Dewey was intended to die in the first season. I simply can't imagine what Justified would've been like without either of them.

Edit: vvv :respek: True dat.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 21, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ghostpilot posted:

Yeesh, not only was Boyd supposed do die in the pilot but Dewey was intended to die in the first season. I simply can't imagine what Justified would've been like without either of them.

Still better than Sons of Anarchy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Was hoping Dewey would escape and live forever.

But Garret Dillahunt, and Sam Elliot without a mustache, holy poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Victory comes at a cost. See The Shield, where Vic Mackey got immunity and stayed out of jail, but he threw Ronnie under the bus to do it and became a pariah at The Barn once word got around as to what happened. On top of that, his family went into Witness Protection to avoid him.

Ronnie. :(

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
God I missed this show. After finishing the first episode I started looking up my favorites and that scene with Raylan and Wynn in the season 3 finale stands out. So tense and Jere Burns blows it out of the loving water. Its one of the clearest views of Raylan's core loving coldness.

I can't find a video of it, but its Season 3 episode 12 at about 4:30.

Also jesus christ, how does the GUTS guy play such a great villain?

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 22, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fauxshiz posted:

Well let's go to the replay. Mo!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

These are the end times for Dewey Crowe. :smith:

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Fauxshiz posted:

God I missed this show. After finishing the first episode I started looking up my favorites and that scene with Raylan and Wynn in the season 3 finale stands out. So tense and Jere Burns blows it out of the loving water. Its one of the clearest views of Raylan's core loving coldness.

I can't find a video of it, but its Season 3 episode 12 at about 4:30.

I still love the scene with Raylan throwing the bullet at Duffy. It is right up there on my list of favorites which has to be pushing 20+ at this point. This show is just too good to limit it to a top 10.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SublimeDelusions posted:

I still love the scene with Raylan throwing the bullet at Duffy. It is right up there on my list of favorites which has to be pushing 20+ at this point. This show is just too good to limit it to a top 10.

Next one's comin' faster.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Rhyno posted:

How fast you think those bullet will be when they're headed back at you? :colbert:

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

SublimeDelusions posted:

The better scene was Raylan explaining to Art how they got a bullet with his fingerprint on it.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Kegslayer posted:

I was rooting for Boyd to win but killing Dewey completely put me off. Despite all of Dewey's gently caress ups, he and Boyd still go way back and Boyd killing Dewey felt like it was Boyd starting to cut all his ties with Harlan. Not cool man, not cool :colbert:

Loved the last conversation between Boyd and Dewey though since it felt like it was addressed straight to the audience. Sure they could have dragged out Justified for another couple of seasons but its had a good run and we're never going to be able to recreate those moments from the earlier seasons. Best just to accept that its ending and enjoy the ride.

I think your point about Boyd cutting all ties with Harlan is right on - but at this point, Dewey doesn't help Boyd one bit. He's always loving up, he has doublecrossed boyd in the past, he was all set to kill boyd last season - there are quite a few reasons to get rid of Dewey if he's leaving Harlan, and nothing at all to keep him around. Couple with the very suspicious way in which he got out of prison that indicate he might be a rat plus that he's one of the very few people who can tell about what actually happened in Mexico, and killing him looks like a no-loss situation for boyd.

I'm really happy he's back to robbing banks while successfully distracting the Law, too. He does it smart and he does it well.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

Didn't Duffy then use the bullet with Raylan's prints on it to frame him for something ?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yep, him and crazy Neal McDounough (of the hidden gun-up-the-sleeve fame) used it to frame Raylan for killing his ex-wife and baby mama's old boyfriend, the Realtor who owed Jere Burns a ton of money.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Natalie Zea is total loving MILF.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Oh poo poo, I didnt bring a knife

And

Who are you?
I'm the one with the gun (ice pick guy)

Are two of my favorites of a long list of amazing quotes from this show

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Good Dog posted:

Oh poo poo, I didnt bring a knife

And

Who are you?
I'm the one with the gun (ice pick guy)

Are two of my favorites of a long list of amazing quotes from this show

This man speaks the truth.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So loving glad Raylan Givens: Professional rear end in a top hat is back on! This was a great episode to kick off the new season, and felt already way more coherent than the last season (that I still enjoyed).

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
So many great lines; two my favorite Winona quotes
S1.1 " Raylan, you do a good job of hiding it. And I s'pose most folks don't see it, but honestly, you're the angriest man I have ever known." and the funny part is he's taken aback by what she said.

S4.12
Winona: We're having a girl, Raylan. I found out this morning.
Raylan: Winona, I don't know poo poo about girls.
Winona: That is so sweet, sayin' it like I don't already know.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Best collection of Justified quotes I've found

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
What, no love for:

"So this is where Boyd gets 10% off his hairspray?"

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
Your presence here is givin' me the fidgets.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dewey, no :(

At least he went out getting another inspiring speech from Boyd :smith:

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Fauxshiz posted:

I assume you're talking about this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qv3wdhvFVs

It's one of the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jere Burns is loving awesome, every time I see him in another role I expect him to be a backstabbing, devious bastard. It's rough when he plays a nice, normal person.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Watched this finally on my DVR. It started with an Audi tag (I think it was Audi) that said something like: "Justified is brought to you by Audi. Question all givens."

:v:

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
My favourite Raylan moment is probably when the ice pick guy put a gun on the table and wanted to stab his hand when he reached for it, and Raylan pulled on the tablecloth and shot him :lol: That was so excellent god drat.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Here's one that's not region blocked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5HTiVaTJBE

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Irish Joe posted:

Here's one that's not region blocked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5HTiVaTJBE

Thats not the one I was thinking about.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I think I need to rewatch some Justified. Pretty sure I've only seen each episode once, which is pretty awesome for me imho.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxshiz posted:

Thats not the one I was thinking about.

The one when Raylan goes all "Raylan" questioning Wynn in his winnebego with a revolver, one bullet, and a spin of the chamber? I can't find it online, but it's easily one of the best scenes on television pretty much ever.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Duffy yells a lot in it. One of the few times where he isn't calm and in control, but legitimately shocked and terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Tide posted:

The one when Raylan goes all "Raylan" questioning Wynn in his winnebego with a revolver, one bullet, and a spin of the chamber? I can't find it online, but it's easily one of the best scenes on television pretty much ever.

That's the one! I couldn't find it either :(

• Locked thread