Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Lobsterboy posted:

Columbus - Pittsburgh / Detroit / Philly needs to happen in Ohio Stadium, REAL BAD.

108k Record attendance, and with a chance to beat the Big House in a record for something? Hell yes.

Agreed. If there's one thing I can't hate about Ohio, it's the Jackets and their fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

McKenzie says Blackhawks Wild in Minnesota and Detroit Avalanche in Colorado for stadium series.

Must be nice for Chicago to be in an outdoor game every year. At least we get the best one.

I mean, maybe Wild fans still hate the Hawks for all those playoff exits, but Dallas or Winnipeg would have been a way better choice. Missed loving opportunity.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Tim Whatley posted:

Agreed. If there's one thing I can't hate about Ohio, it's the Jackets and their fanbase.

I've yet to hear any Columbus fans at games be assholes without getting goaded into it. And thats including when I wear a Boston jersey cause Torey Krug is a dreamboat. One of the best fan-bases, and the arena is AWESOME.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hmm i wonder who else could have made a good opponent for Minnesota in an event not necessarily formed around winter, perhaps a massive metro area with convenient access to a major AA hub

Edit: Yeah or Winnipeg, that'd be great if not barbaric

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

so what are the chances of Toronto brass listening to their really dumb media and running Kessel out of town? I looked around earlier and the current belief in some articles I read is that if he were ever to be moved it would be in the offseason. But I'll never put it past dumb dumbs to make a move for the sake of making a move.

I wonder what kind of return Kessel would get. Obviously nothing near his real value, but how much lower?

Isles when healthy currently have Grabovski probably sitting on the bench. They can definitely just keep rolling with what they have and wait for inevitable injuries to keep hitting, but I feel like Garth might be looking to make one more big move if the Isles are still at the top of the conference near the deadline since they have that logjam at forward. They'd probably push for someone like Yandle before ever going after Kessel, and the chances of them getting either are under 1%, I'm just tossing some ideas around because I'm already going through hockey withdrawal and the all star weekend hasn't even started yet.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't want Eichel or McDavid to go to Edmonton. I wouldn't be happy about them going to Buffalo either. Both of those franchises loving suck.

adding this to my repository of inflammatory posts to spam and lmao at when buffalo wins its 3rd stanley cup in a row in the year 2020

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

Lobsterboy posted:

Columbus - Pittsburgh / Detroit / Philly needs to happen in Ohio Stadium, REAL BAD.

108k Record attendance, and with a chance to beat the Big House in a record for something? Hell yes.

I want to see ARTY PARTY guy outdoors in his full topless glory, only for the camera to zoom out to reveal 100+k other ARTY PARTY guys.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe now Minnesota will stop talking about it, since they're never getting a Winter Classic.

No. It's unfortunate we don't have the market share and the great outdoor atmosphere like Pittsburgh, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Chicago.

The Blackhawks? Really. :sigh:

vvvvvv

gently caress you

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 22, 2015

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

DOOMocrat posted:

Hmm i wonder who else could have made a good opponent for Minnesota in an event not necessarily formed around winter, perhaps a massive metro area with convenient access to a major AA hub

They should have picked Dallas and then let them wear North Stars jerseys. It would be glorious.

The NHL also needs to get going on a Penguins/Flyers game at Beaver Stadium.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

so i don't listen to sports radio unless i am in the most dire of circumstances (i.e. no new podcasts, npr has nothing i can even tolerate as white noise, and there is no tolerable music on). this morning happened to be one of those times. this is what i heard:

"hey did you know petr mrazek now has a better career sv% than jimmy howard? he may be contending for starting goaltender!"

they compared a goalie with 25 total NHL games in three seasons to one with 317, all because of a 0.01% difference in sv%, right after he gave up four goals on 38 shots.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Menamino posted:

so what are the chances of Toronto brass listening to their really dumb media and running Kessel out of town? I looked around earlier and the current belief in some articles I read is that if he were ever to be moved it would be in the offseason. But I'll never put it past dumb dumbs to make a move for the sake of making a move.

I wonder what kind of return Kessel would get. Obviously nothing near his real value, but how much lower?

Isles when healthy currently have Grabovski probably sitting on the bench. They can definitely just keep rolling with what they have and wait for inevitable injuries to keep hitting, but I feel like Garth might be looking to make one more big move if the Isles are still at the top of the conference near the deadline since they have that logjam at forward. They'd probably push for someone like Yandle before ever going after Kessel, and the chances of them getting either are under 1%, I'm just tossing some ideas around because I'm already going through hockey withdrawal and the all star weekend hasn't even started yet.

Grabovski won't be on the bench, he makes $5m and he's been solid when healthy, but it's a tough call. It would make Grabner or Bailey the odd one out, and both are great trade pieces. God if the Isles got Kessel to play with Tavares and Okposo. That seems like just dumb enough for the Leafs to do. But yeah I doubt Kessel goes anywhere, regardless of the media shitstorm about him.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

yellowcar posted:

I want to see ARTY PARTY guy outdoors in his full topless glory, only for the camera to zoom out to reveal 100+k other ARTY PARTY guys.

He has a name, yo. Kevin normally wears a jersey with #1 FAN on the back, and he is INCREDIBLY friendly. Super cool guy.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Schremp Howard posted:

The NHL also needs to get going on a Penguins/Flyers game at Beaver Stadium.

This needs to happen before one of the two teams kills the other.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Schremp Howard posted:

They should have picked Dallas and then let them wear North Stars jerseys. It would be glorious.

Maybe that's why they don't do it - the Minnesota fans would probably burn the venue down with their anger alone.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The Blackhawks? Really. :sigh:

God willing they'll at least make an effort with their jersey this year. Detroit, despite having the same jersey roughly forever, has had some nice one-offs. Chicago (with the exception of that black one with the center stripe) and Montreal are painfully drab and boring with their choices.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
If Brian Murray trades Robin Lehner instead of Craig Anderson I'm gonna be very disappointed in him.

Especially given that he's already traded Ben Bishop instead of Craig Anderson.

(Seriously Andy's always had the most value and is the worst long-term option)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

That would be amazing, but the downside would be that the fans would kill each other during the game. There would be soooo many fights.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

I'm down with this since it gives the Pens a venue to bring in the white alternate to their sweet new third, and it gives the Flyers a chance to bring back cooperalls. Wanna see folks sliding around in those death pants at modern-game speeds.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Kyrosiris posted:

Maybe that's why they don't do it - the Minnesota fans would probably burn the venue down with their anger alone.

If Dallas got contracted due to this or the emergency draft consigned them to the bottom of the basement for at least five decades I would be okay with this

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

whatis posted:

adding this to my repository of inflammatory posts to spam and lmao at when buffalo wins its 3rd stanley cup in a row in the year 2020

If the Sabres win the Stanley Cup in three years I'll eat a Bruins hat

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If the Sabres win the Stanley Cup in three years I'll eat a Bruins hat

Any hat but a Sharks hat, you'll choke right away.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Any hat but a Sharks hat, you'll choke right away.

I dunno I have a Caps hat I could try eating

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Trade Clarkson while he's at his peak value!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Trade Clarkson while he's at his peak value!

I was just going to post this. Work the phones, Dave, he looked like a real hockey player tonight*

*against a tired non-playoff team

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Menamino posted:

so what are the chances of Toronto brass listening to their really dumb media and running Kessel out of town?

We have a spot for him next to Ovi and Backstrom......

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Top Hats Monthly posted:

If Dallas got contracted due to this or the emergency draft consigned them to the bottom of the basement for at least five decades I would be okay with this

We still wouldn't be dead last in attendance three years in a row, unlike some former Minnesota teams I won't mention

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Goalie Bob left tonight's game midway through the second. Had to be helped off the ice by Dubinsky and Hartnell.

Whoever said "All we need are Bob and Luongo to go down to have all the good goalies hurt" might want to give Bobby Lu a courtesy Tweet.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
So who will be Bobrovsky's replacement in the ASG?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

goldrush posted:

So who will be Bobrovsky's replacement in the ASG?

Did Halak already get injury called up? If not, it should be Halak.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

DOOMocrat posted:

Yeah, he's Howard's replacement, I think.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I love the penguins thirds so goddamn much

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

DOOMocrat posted:

Yeah him and Fleury were already named as replacements for Rinne and Howard.

Maybe Lundqvist next?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Rotten Cookies posted:

Yeah, he's Howard's replacement, I think.

gently caress. Uhh... Lundqvist? Holtby?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

DOOMocrat posted:

gently caress. Uhh... Lundqvist? Holtby?

Lundqvist being an all star only because of a massive amount of injuries would be funny.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

So the penguins played a really good game and then Fleury literally stared at both of the hawks shooters in the shootout and didn't move at all on their wristers from the dead middle of the slot so we lost in the shootout 2-0 (oh and also crosby did some half assed get the goalie to go down to roof the puck wihtout roofing the puck thing).

Maybe fleury needs to sit and think about how to stop pucks for a little bit and should recuse himself from the ASG.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How many All-Star goalies are hurt at this point? Bob, Howard...?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look Around You posted:

So the penguins played a really good game and then Fleury literally stared at both of the hawks shooters in the shootout and didn't move at all on their wristers from the dead middle of the slot so we lost in the shootout 2-0 (oh and also crosby did some half assed get the goalie to go down to roof the puck wihtout roofing the puck thing).

Maybe fleury needs to sit and think about how to stop pucks for a little bit and should recuse himself from the ASG.

I dunno that I'd call that a really good game. It was an markedly improved showing, especially without Malkin and Letang in the lineup.
Sutter was more or less invisible.
Fleury was... I don't know what the gently caress he was doing at the end there

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

CBJSprague24 posted:

How many All-Star goalies are hurt at this point? Bob, Howard...?

Rinne, and Price was hurt briefly.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Really really good game from Pittsburgh who is missing a lot of key pieces and relying on depth scoring to pull them through. These exact same games happened for 2 years straight but we were literally automatic at shootouts (didn't lose in 2 years.) We just didn't get the extra point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

tofes posted:

The Sharks just announced their AHL affiliate will be moving to San Jose and playing at SAP Center next year http://blogs.mercurynews.com/purdy/2015/01/21/sharks-minor-league-team-moving-san-jose-sap-center-yes-really/

They'll be the only NHL team to play in the same arena as their minor league team

am I the only one who thinks this is a good idea

• Locked thread