Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Per the fat tinder thread someone said that dating sucks but marriage sounds worse

In other tinder thread goons post that sex with tons of people sucks

Which is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Per the fat tinder thread someone said that dating sucks but marriage sounds worse

Which is it

neither, just be single and alone, and ignore other humans

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I would suggest chopping off your penis at a young age and never having to worry about anything for the rest of your life

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

mookface posted:

I would suggest chopping off your penis at a young age and never having to worry about anything for the rest of your life

mook when you,kill yourself can you make sure we get a good story out of it?

Cender
Sep 24, 2004

mookface posted:

I followed your advice but now I'm worried about this blood coming out of my crotch.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

marriage was invented when people lived to be like 35. you can't live with someone for 40-50 years and not hate them.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
sorry marriage rules, you have a sex slave who also cooks for you

this assumes youre a straight man, i dont know why youd get married if you were anything else

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

marriage was invented when people lived to be like 35. you can't live with someone for 40-50 years and not hate them.

go to utah, you just get a new wife when you get sick of your old one and force her to be your new families maid

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

TOILETLORD posted:

go to utah, you just get a new wife when you get sick of your old one and force her to be your new families maid

that's actually a really good idea

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Which is it
How long do you have to date/be married before neither of you wants to bone each other anymore? My longest relationship is only ~2 years and as a serial monogamist I feel like most of mine last 0.5-1yr but I can't think of a weekend morning waking up next to the person I was seeing where I didn't want some help with my morning wood. I don't have the biggest sex drive for a dude but I can't imagine staying in a sexless relationship for more than like a month.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Been going 4 years and sex still on the reg and real good

But I think it's down from like 4-5 times a week to 2 times a week and that's scary

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
married and bored

single and...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONELY

- laureate du comedie Chris Rock

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

ArbitraryC posted:

How long do you have to date/be married before neither of you wants to bone each other anymore? My longest relationship is only ~2 years and as a serial monogamist I feel like most of mine last 0.5-1yr but I can't think of a weekend morning waking up next to the person I was seeing where I didn't want some help with my morning wood. I don't have the biggest sex drive for a dude but I can't imagine staying in a sexless relationship for more than like a month.

sleep in separate beds

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

But I think it's down from like 4-5 times a week to 2 times a week and that's scary

she's cheating

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

five years is about the cutoff for those serious relationships where neither person has had one that long and it seems like it could go the distance but you haven't really thought about it that much. might want to start putting together an okcupid lol

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Naerasa posted:

a sex slave who also cooks for you

I am the sex slave that does the cooking.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Stoic Commie posted:

five years is about the cutoff for those serious relationships where neither person has had one that long and it seems like it could go the distance but you haven't really thought about it that much. might want to start putting together an okcupid lol

just means it's time to buy a strap on so you can do two holes at once

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
into year 6, not married quite yet, but lived together for almost 4

it's a lot better than being single and dating was, but sometimes i lament missing out on poo poo like tinder just in the abstract--not in the sense that i am itching to gently caress tons of other people and get HIV, but just because I will basically NEVER experience it and that's kind of weird

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It almost seems to me there is more than one path to happiness...~*~

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

it's a lot better than being single and dating was, but sometimes i lament missing out on poo poo like tinder just in the abstract--not in the sense that i am itching to gently caress tons of other people and get HIV, but just because I will basically NEVER experience it and that's kind of weird

same

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
married life is p. good if you agree on poo poo like drinking, free nights out w/ friends and cleaning

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
kids vs. no kids i'd say no kids wins

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Dyna Soar posted:

married life is p. good if you agree on poo poo like drinking, free nights out w/ friends and cleaning

pretty simple yopu get drunk with firends at home and watch your wife clean.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

no kids absolutely wins my sister has a kid and FUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

i should thank her though because her child-having experience basically ruined whatever biological desire for motherhood existed in my fiancee so now I win

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

pretty simple yopu get drunk with firends at home and watch your wife clean.

you wish, TOILETLORD

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I was living with my wife for 6 years before getting married. Having a life partner is really good, esp when you are both still hot for each other.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
also being married / living together is a lot cheaper

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

My favorite thing is like religious people that are friends/family who are like oh my god you lived together and had sex before marriage it's like uhhhhhhhh yeah have you not had a roommate before ??????? Would you just be like yeah let's be roommates forever and also never gently caress other people ever again without a test drive fuckin idiots

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Dyna Soar posted:

you wish, TOILETLORD

i was raised catholic, just get a catholic wife, they can't divorce you without going to hell and are required to have sex with you for children, if you have kids you can just neglect them and force your wife to do all the work

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Date night consists of Happy Hour, Dinner Out, Bang, Get Drunk and play Battlefield 4 until 4am. Dudes need to up their wife game if that's not the case.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

no kids absolutely wins my sister has a kid and FUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

i should thank her though because her child-having experience basically ruined whatever biological desire for motherhood existed in my fiancee so now I win

what if your kid isnt a retard and is cool you missed out also when you get old your distant relatives will forget you exist and then youre like 83 in an old farm house and you cant remember why you went into the kitchen and the hosue burns downs and oh my god youre on fire and now youre dead, great work.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

BossRighteous posted:

Date night consists of Happy Hour, Dinner Out, Bang, Get Drunk and play Battlefield 4 until 4am. Dudes need to up their wife game if that's not the case.

sad when your date night isn't just putting dates in someones orifice

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

Fishy Joe posted:

what if your kid isnt a retard and is cool you missed out also when you get old your distant relatives will forget you exist and then youre like 83 in an old farm house and you cant remember why you went into the kitchen and the hosue burns downs and oh my god youre on fire and now youre dead, great work.

That's a pretty big gamble dude like even if your kid is awesome they aren't gonna be awesome for at least 7-8 years. Second part of what you said sounds awesome so I dunno man

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the trick is to have a bunch of kids and give them all catholic guilt so they take care of you when you are old

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Being married is awesome and also having kids is awesome.

I'm gonna raise my daughters up to be fake gamer girls.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Being married is awesome and also having kids is awesome.

I do not understand. I get marriage, but kids?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

marry and gently caress prostitutes for variety?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ChrisHansen posted:

I do not understand. I get marriage, but kids?

It's a big investment at first, but the payoff is a tiny person who mows the lawn for you.

Plus, you know you get to name them, right?

Mine are named Vriska Serket and Rose Tyler

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
being married sucks and women steal your soul and make your life hell on purpose because theyre women and the only reason married men live longer than single men is theyre spiteful as gently caress

source: im married

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Do it ironically posted:

being married sucks and women steal your soul and make your life hell on purpose because theyre women and the only reason married men live longer than single men is theyre spiteful as gently caress

source: im married

its the stealing my money that pisses me off. i never had a soul

• Locked thread