Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Look if you guys wanna take a shot every time Flash/Superman/whatever OP Hero doesn't solve a problem through common sense use of their powers in favor of building narrative tension, well, enjoy your alcohol poisoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wasn't just him though. The cops could have easily shot them, after they knew the hostage was free. These are the most passive cops in the god drat world. Maybe if Captain Cold were black and selling loosies they'd have done something to stop him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bruno Heller teases the appearance of the Red Hood gang on Gotham

They want to cram every character possible there, aren't they? :psyduck:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

mikeraskol posted:

Or once Joe radioed in that he found the hostage, the police could have just shot those dudes instead of standing there like idiots. (I know they aren't actually going to shoot someone in an upbeat Flash superhero show)

I honestly thought that was a terrible episode and I normally like that show.

I liked the episode overall but man was that fight stupid. I guess it turned out that the most powerful ability granted to them by their hot & cold guns was, in fact, invulnerability. :shepface:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

greatn posted:

Maybe if Captain Cold were black and selling loosies they'd have done something to stop him.

:drat:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Last night's Flash had the same problem the last Captain Cold episode. I mean, it is kind of just a weakness when dealing with The Flash in general, buuut... I still enjoyed it but I have kind of sink into my seat and just let the dumb flow over me.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
There were like a dozen really dumb moments on the Flash last night and if you didn't enjoy most/all of them then I don't know what to tell you. I mean, the show is always going to focus on setting up weirdly specific win conditions for Barry over things like common sense or proper police procedure because of course every single problem can be solved with "Well why doesn't Barry just run really fast and win real quick". Just enjoy the ride.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What's Golden Glider's gimmick in the comics, btw? I don't think I've ever seen an issue with her, and her tiny appearance in last night's Flash made it seem like her brother just gave her a backup cold gun.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

What's Golden Glider's gimmick in the comics, btw? I don't think I've ever seen an issue with her, and her tiny appearance in last night's Flash made it seem like her brother just gave her a backup cold gun.

She is a skater and made skates that allowed her to skate on any surface. In the new 52 she became separated from her body and is a spirit. While like this she has the ability to attack ribbon like tentacles that can kill or injure.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I generally enjoyed last nights Flash episode because it was goofy and fun, but sadly goofy and fun can get to be too much ie the final battle scene. I just found it really really really loving stupid that the big baddies would announce their big baddie plan for all to see and the cops would do nothing but show up and act like spectators. That was just stupid. Otherwise that was a fun episode.

Constantine last week was pretty solid and the first Constantine episode that I actually enjoyed. I liked the idea of Constantine being reckless to save his own skin and it nearly coming back to bite him in the arse. Good job, Constantine tv show.
Gotham was fun too. I am enjoying Jim's transformation from stiff upright bore to someone who uses his brains and smarts to get what he needs. Also his interactions with Bullock were a lot of fun. This also felt like an episode where there were stakes that were risen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

She is a skater and made skates that allowed her to skate on any surface. In the new 52 she became separated from her body and is a spirit. While like this she has the ability to attack ribbon like tentacles that can kill or injure.

But who taught her how to spin?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

But who taught her how to spin?

Some dude named Roscoe and having him in the show would be a bit of a twist.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

bobkatt013 posted:

Some dude named Roscoe and having him in the show would be a bit of a twist.

Would be hard to top that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I know Flash is more fun than Arrow, but Arrow just had a hell of an episode.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Arrow was great, but I am terrified of ATOM being laughably awful. I still get chills thinking about Deathlok from AoS, and that show probably has a way bigger budget.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

ToastyPotato posted:

Arrow was great, but I am terrified of ATOM being laughably awful. I still get chills thinking about Deathlok from AoS, and that show probably has a way bigger budget.

He wont shrink.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Power Armor is tough to get right.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

e X posted:

He wont shrink.

hosed up, if true.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We all worried the same thing about the speed effects on Flash and that turned out fine.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

All they needed on Flash was some kind of deadman's switch type thing linked to the bomb under Caitlyn's chair to force the cops to back off and make the Flash fight on their terms... and to not be dumb enough to put the backup plan explosive on a freaking timer.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

But they didn't want to fight the Flash on their terms, well Snart didn't. His super master plan was always to get beaten and captured just as long as he outed the Flash.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

But they didn't want to fight the Flash on their terms, well Snart didn't. His super master plan was always to get beaten and captured just as long as he outed the Flash.

I dunno, I feel like taking him out would have been an outcome he'd have been willing to accept.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

e X posted:

He wont shrink.

I'm worried about the costume, not the SFX. Energy blasts are easy. Hell, shrinking isn't even the hardest thing in the world to do, if they wanted to. Costumes with no budget can be awful though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Supergirl is cast, Melissa Benoist of Whiplash and Glee.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208#!/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208

I know nothing about her but she certainly looks the part.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

greatn posted:

Supergirl is cast, Melissa Benoist of Whiplash and Glee.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208#!/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208

I know nothing about her but she certainly looks the part.

I'm not super impressed with her acting so far, but I'm cautiously optimistic here because I trust the arrow/flash people (they're the ones doing tge show, right?) and also she may just need a big role to stretch out with.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The musical crossover episode is gonna be great.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The musical crossover episode is gonna be great.

I heard it will be schw-arbage

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Uhm, that's some inspried casting, I guess. Hope she can act the part, eheh

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
When she turns out to be amazing in the DC role like Gustin did, I'm not going to be happy being forced to thank Ryan Murphy for the current state of superhero television.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Angry Walrus posted:

When she turns out to be amazing in the DC role like Gustin did, I'm not going to be happy being forced to thank Ryan Murphy for the current state of superhero television.

I wouldn't worry. They both weren't cool til after glee.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if they'll ask her to dye her hair, or if they'll do the 'Linda/Kara's a brunette, Supergirl's a blonde' thing. The Arrow production team haven't had... great luck with wigs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would think if you audition for Supergirl you're prepared to dye your hair.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Aphrodite posted:

I would think if you audition for Supergirl you're prepared to dye your hair.

This, but at the same time, hair color is probably not a big deal compared to whatever adaptations or changes from comics to screen. It's probably a coinflip until we know more.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

XboxPants posted:

I dunno, I feel like taking him out would have been an outcome he'd have been willing to accept.

Maybe but without any outside help he seemed happy enough to be arrested and prepared to start the next part of his plan. If anything I think he knew he'd lose anyway with Heatwave around so wanted to figure out how Flash would stop him (he'll no doubt have an improved gun for next time).

Finally watched this weeks Arrow and it was good, it's reached the point where all the set up from the first half makes sense and Vinnie Jones is alright as The Not Kingpin. It would have been nice for a little bit more time with Ollie around but it wouldn't be Arrow if it didn't speed through plot points (and everybody knew he'd be coming back again). Only downside is that Laurel and Thea's stunt swapping is always super obvious and probably going to get worse as it goes on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought Cassidy was doing most of her own stuff? She's been working out a lot, and talked about gymnastic experience in interviews.

It's really blatant when they cut to a wide shot whenever Thea has to do any fighting, though.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I dunno. It didn't seem like her in that split second and the preview for next episode. I could be wrong though and maybe seeing her in the wig and not Sarah is throwing me off. Dumb superhero costumes work :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even in the close-up at the end of the scene she was holding the sword in a weak loose grip. Malcolm would never accept that.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Maybe but without any outside help he seemed happy enough to be arrested and prepared to start the next part of his plan. If anything I think he knew he'd lose anyway with Heatwave around so wanted to figure out how Flash would stop him (he'll no doubt have an improved gun for next time).

You know, I feel a little embarrassed that I didn't put together the fact that they made it a specific, flashing big red letters point to make sure we know that Snart and Rory have both made sure to completely memorize the schematics of their guns and they now know every single aspect of their inner workings... and realize that what they're basically saying is "they can build them from scratch now, it doesn't matter if Cisco gets them back anymore".

(I mean sure, real life doesn't work that way unless they're pretty hardcore electrical engineers with advanced theoretical knowledge, but based on the approach we've seen to "science" in this show I think it's a safe bet)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I also don't think a glorified supersoaker can generate Planck temperature, which is 1.416833(85) × 1032 K or 100 million million million million million degrees F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

XboxPants posted:

(I mean sure, real life doesn't work that way unless they're pretty hardcore electrical engineers with advanced theoretical knowledge, but based on the approach we've seen to "science" in this show I think it's a safe bet)

Sure, they're just following the comics, where most of the Rogues designed and built all these amazing weapons while they were in prison. Compared to what Weather Wizard (a wand that could control the weather itself) and Mirror Master (a trans-dimensional teleportation device) were able to research and build with nothing more than the resources in a prison library and workshop, Captain Cold's cold-emitting gun is almost pedestrian.