Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Alteisen posted:

I see Monster Hunter is still hot garbage, don't know what I was expecting, this is a franchise that hasn't evolved or changed in any significant way for years, guess it was foolish of me that after so many years they might have added something as basic as a lock on feature, silly me.

You bring a fresh new perspective to the table and I welcome it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So the tutorial is just bad then, got it.

balgaines
Jan 22, 2001

Time to get serious, people.
NA Monster Hunter Code:

A071HQHU04NPSLGR

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

There is an icon on the touch screen that says target. It is surrounded by other elements that you can interact with by touching. You are retarded as gently caress.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Alteisen posted:

something something a poor workman blames his tools something something

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
loving all these owns on the idiot man

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

absolutely anything posted:

he dumb

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I like when you leap off a ledge and then stab the monster in the back a billion times, and thanks to Target Cam I can do make it happen more consistently. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo is fun. :)

I got a code from a friend the other day, but then Nintendo emailed me more (NA) codes, so have fun with Monster Hunter random guys;

A07185GX068BH0GY
A0754T9C175J1XRM

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Mercury Crusader posted:

I like when you leap off a ledge and then stab the monster in the back a billion times, and thanks to Target Cam I can do make it happen more consistently. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo is fun. :)

I got a code from a friend the other day, but then Nintendo emailed me more (NA) codes, so have fun with Monster Hunter random guys;

A07185GX068BH0GY
A0754T9C175J1XRM

Snagged code #2.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
More codes for Mh4:
A0715B360TP1MCMM
A070VEGD1A4H98XQ

Also I have a Smash Bros 3DS Club Nintendo code if anyone is trying to make Platinum before it shuts down.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That should really just be an emote for the Wii U and 3DS threads.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

That should really just be an emote for the Wii U and 3DS threads.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Pureauthor posted:

something something a poor workman blames his tools something something

Gaming isn't the same as doing something though just being honest.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Gutcruncher posted:

While its actually surprisingly solid port, the 3DS itself just isnt built for a 6 button fighter and cramps WILL happen. I played Kid Icarus Uprising with absolutely no issues, but I can barely stand SF43D

Oof. I'll just wait for a sale and to split a four pack or something with friends on Steam.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This Ken M thing is getting a little out of hand.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alteisen posted:

I see Monster Hunter is still hot garbage, don't know what I was expecting, this is a franchise that hasn't evolved or changed in any significant way for years, guess it was foolish of me that after so many years they might have added something as basic as a lock on feature, silly me.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

There is an icon on the touch screen that says target. It is surrounded by other elements that you can interact with by touching. You are retarded as gently caress.

I couldn't have said it more eloquently.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So I've got a question. I'm getting the MH4U New 3DSXL. My current 3DS has a 32G micro sd card in a SD adapter. The New 3DS will have Monster Hunter preinstalled. Is there any way to copy the game data from the new card into the card I'm using and have it work, or am I just going to have to redownload the game after the system transfer?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

So I've got a question. I'm getting the MH4U New 3DSXL. My current 3DS has a 32G micro sd card in a SD adapter. The New 3DS will have Monster Hunter preinstalled. Is there any way to copy the game data from the new card into the card I'm using and have it work, or am I just going to have to redownload the game after the system transfer?

Copy the content from your new SD to your old one and then do a system transfer.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

RyokoTK posted:

This Ken M thing is getting a little out of hand.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

Copy the content from your new SD to your old one and then do a system transfer.

Alright good, that's what I was hoping. Wanted to be sure that there wasn't some kinda DRM that would cause the system to refuse to recognize the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You should at least trim it down. Nothing I could do to fix the tiny transparent corners though, so someone else might want to take a crack at that.

What an idiot. That's King Hippo's weakness. :rolleyes:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Had a few minutes waiting for my ride home and played a bit more of the MH4U demo and uh... Holy poo poo, the insect glaive is amazing. Maybe my new main.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should at least trim it down. Nothing I could do to fix the tiny transparent corners though, so someone else might want to take a crack at that.

This work?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there a GBA thread? If not, what are the best Zelda and Kirby games?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Both series have one remake and one original game each, and I would say the original ones are both better

Kirby's Adventure is probably the best aging NES game, and Nightmare in Dreamland just isn't the same

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

noirstronaut posted:

Minish Cap and whatever Kirby game that has the samurai mini game.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Mercury Crusader posted:

A07185GX068BH0GY
A0754T9C175J1XRM

Yeah the beat down mechanic was cool and then I found the target cam and I was too busy pulling things to ledges so I could stabby stab. Pretty great improvements over MH3u

PrankU
Dec 2, 2002

Everyone Poops

~Coxy posted:

More codes for Mh4:
A0715B360TP1MCMM
A070VEGD1A4H98XQ

Also I have a Smash Bros 3DS Club Nintendo code if anyone is trying to make Platinum before it shuts down.

Took the 2nd code. Thanks!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ok ya'll, I beat Virtue's Last Reward with all of the endings. I sure hope they make that sequel because that was some crazy poo poo that I would be sad to never see resolved!

Three things:

- Is Tenmyouji's name some kind of pun in Japanese? They don't really explain why he changed his name apart from the fact that calling him Junpei was too obvious.
- Luna's melting robot face creeped me out and also owned
- Whoever said Dio was a cool bro is the wrongest ever, gently caress Dio foreverrrrr

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Tried the MH demo again, when you guys said lock on I figured it was a traditional lock on that tracks, this doesn't, at the very least it rotates the camera, but I still find myself struggling with the controls and wrestling with the camera to much. Then again if it did have a tracking lock on then I figure that would remove "challenge" as I guess your character moving with the grace of a paraplegic elephant is par for the course for this series.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ok ya'll, I beat Virtue's Last Reward with all of the endings. I sure hope they make that sequel because that was some crazy poo poo that I would be sad to never see resolved!

Three things:

- Is Tenmyouji's name some kind of pun in Japanese? They don't really explain why he changed his name apart from the fact that calling him Junpei was too obvious.

In Japan they have these things called "first" and "last" names, yes. :v: His name is Junpei Tenmyouji.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Alteisen posted:

Tried the MH demo again, when you guys said lock on I figured it was a traditional lock on that tracks, this doesn't, at the very least it rotates the camera, but I still find myself struggling with the controls and wrestling with the camera to much. Then again if it did have a tracking lock on then I figure that would remove "challenge" as I guess your character moving with the grace of a paraplegic elephant is par for the course for this series.

mh knockoffs tend to give an actual camera lock like you want and it's really not that much better. the camera bugs out when you're under the monster and it's often more trouble than it's worth.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I sure hope they make that sequel because that was some crazy poo poo that I would be sad to never see resolved!

Sadly never gonna happen. While it sold awesomely and is well regarded in the west, it sold like rear end in Japan. Thus pretty much zero chance of another one being made unless they kickstarter it or something. Instead Spike Chunsoft went all in on Danganronpa which is popular on both sides of the ocean.

rhuagh
Apr 27, 2008

Puddin posted:

PAL/AU Monhun codes.

A07877B10YAAM8KD
A0783T4M1RPTC9YC
A078AXHD150JCP6J

I'm a bit late posting but I grabbed the second one earlier today at work. Thanks :)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
A071C9BG34GY2CE9

A07022VQ29U1WXNS

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 23, 2015

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Puddin posted:

PAL/AU Monhun codes.

A07877B10YAAM8KD
A0783T4M1RPTC9YC
A078AXHD150JCP6J

and I took the last one, cheers! :)

Adbot