Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Rarity posted:

Yes but there's still avast number to go

That's hard for a lot of us to truly fathom, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my god shut up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I wish I could brig myself to unbookmard this shipwreck

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I'm disappointed in how people are recycling puns :mad: TIME OUT, BUOYS AND GULLS

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

They must have seen you during the jumping and swinging puzzles :(

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

My friend drew this up when they announced this game a few years ago, and they showed the letter in a bottle feature at E3. She wasn't too far from the truth.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wind Waker Battleship is one of the best Zelda minigames ever, for no other reason than the sound effects.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
A business that turns Chu Jelly into potions sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if he'll get it to stick.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I don't have access to WiiU dumping tools but here's the texture with the sign from the Gamecube version. Dolphin makes dumping those very easy.

It's unfortunately very small.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 23, 2015

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Very related to the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POzztS-Ndok

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

KaBLEWM! The best character at last.

I used to know someone who had that as a text tone. I regret not asking him where he got it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
"I worked at Nintendo a while back."

"Oh, cool. What did you do?"

"Penis recognition software"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

McDragon posted:

KaBLEWM! The best character at last.

I used to know someone who had that as a text tone. I regret not asking him where he got it.

http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds/WW_Rips/WW_Salvatore_Sploosh.wav
http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds/WW_Rips/WW_Salvatore_Kerboom.wav

Do it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The broken window priniciple is something enitrely different. It's about how a district really comes crashing down once it starts to fall:

Imagine there is an old abandoned factory building. If it just stands around it might not look bad. But eventually some jerk breaks one of the windows. Since it wont get fixed, other people will eventually break others and the building will look procedingly more lovely, which attracts the sort of person who would break windows.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Somebody needs to either find the real patent for nintendo's penis detection software or draw up an original one.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
(Hint: They're just very heavily moderated, there's no automatic image detection as far as I can tell.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

(Hint: They're just very heavily moderated, there's no automatic image detection as far as I can tell.)

How much would a Miiverse Penis Inspector get paid?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

A couple of hundred dongs per hour would be my guess.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I feel like somebody, probably 4chan, would've stress-tested them to oblivion by now if it wasn't automated. Then again, I don't really know much if anything about miiverse since I don't own a WiiU/haven't used it on 3DS if it's even possible. Do they ban NNIDs from miiverse just for posting flagged images? Or have some sort of limit on daily use?

I just remember reading about how/why they got rid of whatever chat feature the 3DS used to have because of penises so penis-detection software really does seem like something they'd have done.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Decus posted:

I just remember reading about how/why they got rid of whatever chat feature the 3DS used to have because of penises so penis-detection software really does seem like something they'd have done.

You're talking about SwapNote, which allowed you to attach actual photos, which were then at least temporarily stored on Nintendo servers. Take a guess what happened with that.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Siivola posted:

Uhh. Given that at the current exchange rate is 21,000 Vietnamese Dong to 1 US Dollar I'm pretty sure your estimate is a bit low. :p

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Google's safe search is mostly facilitated by modified facial recognition software that's tuned for locating and flagging naughty bits, just FYI.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Captain Fargle posted:

Uhh. Given that at the current exchange rate is 21,000 Vietnamese Dong to 1 US Dollar I'm pretty sure your estimate is a bit low. :p
Turns out I can't tell decimal points and thousands separators apart! :downs:

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Siivola posted:

I just looked on a currency converter and 200 Vietnamese Dong converts to .9 US cents. I would have thought dongs would be worth more.

Edit, poo poo, beaten.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Nerd overestimates the value of dong, news at 11. :downsrim:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
When i clicked on a Geop thread, i did expect puns but i didn't expect page-long discussions about dong inspections.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

Air is lava! posted:

The broken window priniciple is something enitrely different. It's about how a district really comes crashing down once it starts to fall:

Imagine there is an old abandoned factory building. If it just stands around it might not look bad. But eventually some jerk breaks one of the windows. Since it wont get fixed, other people will eventually break others and the building will look procedingly more lovely, which attracts the sort of person who would break windows.
If you're referring to the broken windows theory of policing, that's roughly true.

What Kuvo was talking about is the parable of the broken window (also called the glazier's fallacy) -- the idea is that while it might appear that breaking windows is good for the economy, this isn't actually true, as opportunity costs mean that while a glazier might be in employment, they aren't doing other things, which might be of a net benefit to society (and therefore the economy).

Vicas (and yourself) are discussing the broken windows theory of policing, pursued by NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton while he was serving under Mayor Rudy Giuliani in the 1990s (although Bratton is Commissioner again under de Blasio) and continued by Ray Kelly under Michael Bloomberg. The idea was published in The Atlantic Monthly sometime in 1982 (I believe), with the example you gave. The theory holds that by cracking down on low-level 'quality-of-life' offences (e.g. fare-dodging, marijuana possession), one can prevent higher levels of crime. Under Kelly, broken windows theory was among the reasons for the rise in the (unconstitutional) practicing of stop-and-frisk, which disproportionately affected young men of colour. Whether or not these practices were effective or not is debatable, but I'm sure Geop would not want this D&D discussion here!

Sorry about this!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HenryEx posted:

When i clicked on a Geop thread, i did expect puns but i didn't expect page-long discussions about dong inspections.

You were mistaken quite a few times along the way.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

You won the battleship minigame on the first attempt? What the gently caress :argh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yyeeeessssss :neckbeard:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

"Hoorayyy! Yaaaayyy! Yaayyy!"

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 24, 2015

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
Just today spent like 100 rupees on the battleship game and I still can't get enough of the sound effects.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Me when an update's posted

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The game peaks at Battleship, it's adorable and hilarious.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This LP is a total sploosh. Never stop meandering, Geop. Ever. Mostly because it's slowly driving Vicas mad. :allears:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I get over it

eventually

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Great Joe posted:

This LP is a total sploosh. Never stop meandering, Geop. Ever. Mostly because it's slowly driving Vicas mad. :allears:

Vicas suffers through meandering.

Kuvo dies a little inside every pun.

Panzer Skank's role in this LP is basically <Screams>

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Great Joe posted:

I especially loved the part where I was talking to Panzer about an inside joke ("children are basically adults, but just very far away") RIGHT when that kid was in frame. I couldn't stop laughing when I was editing; the timing was perfect.

Then, about 15-20 seconds later, I hear everyone see the kid in-frame and stop themselves from saying anything :allears: What a team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread