Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im just a maniac for abortion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
I'm starting a petition to have Queensland renamed Queefsland. Who wants in?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

IslamoNazi posted:

I'm starting a petition to have Queensland renamed Queefsland. Who wants in?

Queersland

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Wasn't there an article or something that called us Katterstan?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Have you been to Queefsland? They don't like queers there.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

IslamoNazi posted:

Have you been to Queefsland? They don't like queers there.

It's not so much that they don't like them, but rather that they don't believe they exist

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

More LNP MPs, including Health Minister Lawrence Springborg, have joined the defamation action against broadcaster Alan Jones.

Premier Campbell Newman and Deputy Premier Jeff Seeney lodged legal action in the Brisbane Supreme Court on Thursday, something Jones announced on Friday morning during his radio show.

Director-General of the Premier's Department, Jon Grayson, is also understood to be taking action, but because he is a public servant, it would be the taxpayer which funded his suit.

Assistant minister to the Premier, Deb Frecklington, has also joined the defamation suit and Ian Rickuss, the LNP member for Lockyer, was also considering taking part.

A spokesman for Mr Springborg confirmed his involvement in the legal action.

IT'S A CLASS ACTION! LNP V JONES [2014]

Also being funded by the taxpayer.

loving lol.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What a disgusting display. I hope they lose the election because of it. :smith:

Edit:

quote:

#BREAKING | Results from voters at the #qldforum - @theqldpremier 48, @AnnastaciaMP 26, 26 undecided voters. #qldvotes

I guess his STRONG debating skills about Hong Kong and BIKIE UNIONS worked out well.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 23, 2015

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Looking at Bill Leak's wiki page - how the hell is it that he's only ever gotten into strife over portraying Rudd as Tintin?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Should I go back and post all those Bill Leak cartoons about Indigenous Australians again? He really should be taken to court over them.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anti-mosque protester at penrith station today.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
that's Ross "Skull" May

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Holy Crap!

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Jesus christ I'm glad I rarely take the train anymore, traffic jams rarely involve having to get within breathing space of these types of jackoffs.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Truly a member of a superior race.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Isn't that the neonazi duck monster stalks?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
duck monster's a Perth goon I thought? May's Sydney based.

slackbastard's done a writeup on him before.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There's probably heaps of goons who wrote about him.

MaxwellsEquations
Oct 21, 2010

He achieved greatness unequalled
-Max Planck
ACOSS released a study on the actual percentage of income Australians pay as tax after Hockey's insinuation that 50% of income is taken by tax. Lo and behold, high income earners pay only 4% more of their total income in tax compared to low income, despite having access to vastly different funds.

Peter Martin - spineless reporter posted:

The personal tax scale prepared by ACOSS is quite progressive. The bottom one-fifth of households pay 3 per cent of their income in personal tax, the next group pays 7 per cent, middle group 11 per cent, the second-top group 15 per cent and the top group 20 per cent.
But the progressivity vanishes when other forms of tax are included. Including the goods and services tax and other consumption taxes such as petrol and tobacco excise, the lowest earning household pays 24 per cent of its income in tax and the highest earning household only a little more at 28 per cent.
Dr Goldie said the goods and services tax hit low earners far harder than high earners meaning they paid much more in consumption tax than income tax while high earners paid much more in income tax than consumption tax.
"It shows how skewed the tax debate is becoming. We seem to be only talking about the GST, yet our modelling shows that lifting the GST would hit hit the lowest earners far more than the highest earners," she said.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/t...123-12w9s1.html

So Hockey is full of poo poo again, but this time there is no other way that him deliberately lying to make people think that they are paying far too much tax.

Wouldn't it be nice if reporters actually said flat out "BLAH was lying, no middle ground about it," instead of this "Well this group say that the Reef is in danger according to multiple studies, while the MP for BLAH has said 'nah, she'll be right'. (end article)"?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

MaxwellsEquations posted:

ACOSS released a study on the actual percentage of income Australians pay as tax after Hockey's insinuation that 50% of income is taken by tax. Lo and behold, high income earners pay only 4% more of their total income in tax compared to low income, despite having access to vastly different funds.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/t...123-12w9s1.html

So Hockey is full of poo poo again, but this time there is no other way that him deliberately lying to make people think that they are paying far too much tax.

Wouldn't it be nice if reporters actually said flat out "BLAH was lying, no middle ground about it," instead of this "Well this group say that the Reef is in danger according to multiple studies, while the MP for BLAH has said 'nah, she'll be right'. (end article)"?

I really want someone to ask him if it is literally impossible for someone to save > 50% of their income.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

First episode of Something Wonky for the year, yay!

If you don't listen to it, do it now

nogthree
Jun 28, 2008
Two bus drivers just got on my bus with this sign.

http://imgur.com/PF7FLST

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Fewer buses.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Seagull posted:

duck monster's a Perth goon I thought? May's Sydney based.

slackbastard's done a writeup on him before.

Aren't slackbastard and duck monster are the same person?

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Amethyst posted:

Aren't slackbastard and duck monster are the same person?

DM is Perth-based IIRC and Slackbastard/Andy Fleming lives in Melbourne.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

open24hours posted:

Fewer buses.

Fewer buses.
Fewer often.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Napalm Death Plea to Indonesian President to Spare the Lives of Condemned Bali Nine Smugglers

quote:

Napalm Death, whose 1987 debut Scum is considered one of the greatest grindcore albums ever, have issued a plea to one of their fans, Indonesian president Joko Widodo to grant clemency to convicted drug smugglers Myuran Sukmaran and Andrew Chan.

Australians Sukmaan and Chan who face death by firing squad for their part of the Bali Nine drug smuggling operation have had their appeals for clemency rejected by the President. 

Mark 'Barney' Greenway, frontman of the Birmingham grindcore kings yesterday launched the last ditch effort on the band’s Facebook page urging Joko, who is known to wear Napalm Death shirts, to spare the lives of Sukmaan and Chan who were charged for their part in smuggling heroin from Indonesia to Australia in 2005.

"Dear Mr Widodo, I am appealing directly to you to please spare the lives of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, the two Australian citizens who are currently awaiting the death sentence in Indonesia for heroin smuggling," his message began.

"As a follower of our band Napalm Death, you would appreciate that our lyrics and ethos challenge the unbroken cycle of violence in the world, whether it comes from a state or as an individual. If these things are not challenged and ultimately changed, I believe we will never truly move forward as humankind."

The Facebook post, which as of Friday evening has more than 1000 likes, links to Mercy Campaign a website petition to save the lives of Chan and Sukumaran.

Also, try pronouncing Widodo's name as Snake from The Simpsons

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-24/queensland-election-2015-latest-newspoll-reveals-swing-up/6044122

quote:

A swing of up to 13 per cent in key Liberal National Party-held seats in Queensland has been revealed in the latest Newspoll survey.

The poll of 608 voters, published in today's Australian newspaper, was taken in the electorates of Cairns, in the far north, Ipswich West, 40km outside of Brisbane, and Keppel, near Rockhampton, earlier this week.

The poll found in those three seats, Labor's primary vote had jumped 16 points to 47 per cent, with the LNP's vote collapsing more than eight points to 43.5 per cent.

On a two-party preferred basis, Labor led the LNP 56 per cent to 44 per cent - a swing of 13 per cent.

The Australian said if the support remained unchanged until election day, Ipswich West, held on a margin of 7.2 per cent and Keppel, held on 6.4 per cent, would almost certainly fall to Labor.

Cairns, on 8.9 per cent, would be a tight contest.

Forty-six per cent of people said Opposition Leader Annastacia Palaszczuk would make the better premier, compared to Campbell Newman, who polled 36 per cent.

When asked about Mr Newman's performance as Premier, 60 per cent said they were dissatisfied and 32 per cent were satisfied.

The maximum margin of sampling error on the Newspoll is plus or minus 4 percentage points.

With one week left until polling day, Mr Newman was set to travel to Toowoomba while Ms Palaszczuk was expected to campaign around Brisbane.

loving rekt.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Am I reading into this correctly that regionals could deliver a ALP victory provided 13% swings are commonplace?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

nogthree posted:

Two bus drivers just got on my bus with this sign.

http://imgur.com/PF7FLST

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 24, 2015

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cause this is the second poll showing massive fuckoff swings in rural seats. Galaxy showing 11% and Newspoll showing 13%

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

Cause this is the second poll showing massive fuckoff swings in rural seats. Galaxy showing 11% and Newspoll showing 13%

Alan Jones: Savior of Queensland

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Am I reading into this correctly that regionals could deliver a ALP victory provided 13% swings are commonplace?

I literally promised my Irish friend who lives in a popular Queensland holiday destination that I will (uselessly) report him to the authorities and kill his pug if he votes LNP so it could be that too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just had a nice morning at a Greens stall! We got free coffee from the cafe across the road and a bunch of good responses. Just one guy with problems who told us to gently caress off.

There was one really interesting guy who came by to talk with us for a good while, with a position I hadn't ever heard before. He said he cared about the environment and was super left on most issues and so usually agreed with the Greens, but wanted to ask and find out more about the Greens stance on gun control?? At first I was like :psyduck: but it sounded like he was more worried about rights for licensed hunting and stuff so it made more sense.

Would highly recommend the stall experience, especially if you can get a nice little group together to chat with. It's not as lonely as being at a polling booth, all spread out for maximum strategic coverage.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bif are you going to that Greens party tonight?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Bif are you going to that Greens party tonight?

No, can't make it cause I got a family thing to go to tonight.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Bifauxnen posted:

Would highly recommend the stall experience, especially if you can get a nice little group together to chat with. It's not as lonely as being at a polling booth, all spread out for maximum strategic coverage.

Stalls are great and everyone should do one.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I might go but I don't think anyone I know will be there.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Anidav posted:

Those are traditional labor seats, not every one outside of SEQ are banjo plucking nats voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

thatfatkid posted:

Those are traditional labor seats, not every one outside of SEQ are banjo plucking nats voters.

Yeah, looking over those seats you can't really read too deep into it apart from traditional ALP seats having a swing back to ALP this election, which is pretty much a given.

I'd love to see more polling on marginal seats, as well as seats that are considered traditionally LNP or safe LNP.

• Locked thread